Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2007, 19:31   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Even I am having the same problem. Not picking up my calls, not returning calls. Odd behavior!
from all dealers to TATA..

Dear TATA
"Please ban the TEAMBHP forum, as we find the BHPians have gathered lots of information even before we have a clue on these new launches and tech info that we are unable to manage and have to not answer any phone calls"
Old 10th October 2007, 19:48   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriny_blr View Post
do you think we also need to add "with mileage 20kmpl ..... "

dude,
for this...i'll even settle for 12kmpl!!!

but do we have a hope?? "NOT"!!
Old 10th October 2007, 20:06   #198
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
from all dealers to TATA..

Dear TATA
"Please ban the TEAMBHP forum, as we find the BHPians have gathered lots of information even before we have a clue on these new launches and tech info that we are unable to manage and have to not answer any phone calls"
lol, i thought Tata dealers should give a special discount to TBHP members as this is a Safari crazy forum and TBHP-driven sales are probably more that achieved by TATA sales.
Old 10th October 2007, 20:20   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
snipped...I think there was a problem with the test car. The rpm rose each time I depressed the clutch to change gear. Can clutch be the reason for low pick up from the engine? I felt as if the clutch is working properly. I asked the showroom guy to give me a call after he takes the car back to the dealership and gets it checked. He did give me a call and says everything is fine which is hard to believe…..
Tata has this huge problem with consistency, and the showroom guys are not always in the know on technical issues. I dare say a lot of their interested clientèle know more about the vehicle than the sales chappies do. Back in December'05, I test drove THREE Indigo Marinas on the same day at Concorde motors Bangalore and they all felt different. I was doing the TD for a friend who eventually bought one but spent many a sleepless night till he got his machine, not knowing if he'd get one of the better assemblies (He is deliriously happy with his piece to this day). The Showroom guy goes by a few measurable technical parameters which do not necessarily connect to drive/ drivability.
Old 10th October 2007, 20:55   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Even I am having the same problem. Not picking up my calls, not returning calls. Odd behavior!

Hi Samurai, assuming that you live around M'lore, Auto MATRIX has moved out of their showroom, temporarily, till the concrete road is laid on that stretch.
I can pass on a contact no. of one of the sales guys whom i know very well, in case you haven't been able to speak with them, by now
Old 11th October 2007, 02:41   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
do you think we also need to add "with mileage 20kmpl ..... "
Unfortunately, we are not quite so mileage-oriented. About 10kmpl on an average would be more than welcome. Anything more is a bonus.
Old 11th October 2007, 08:27   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trance_nut View Post
For the 3L, its mentioned as 1: 0.75, while i noticed for the 2.2 it was mentioned as 1: 0.95. So its seems the speed that can be achieved in each gear in 4H mode, would be different for the 3L and the 2.2L.
Any comments on it?

-Nitin
Someone did mention that the 1st gear ratio has been changed in the 2.2 so perhaps that's why the 4H is different from what we see on the 3.0L. by that logic though, the 4L should have also been different .
Old 11th October 2007, 10:05   #203
BHPian

Suman,
I think the gear ratio's mentioned for 4H and 4L are over and above the ratio's of the regular gears. And these are different from those of the 3.0 L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Someone did mention that the 1st gear ratio has been changed in the 2.2 so perhaps that's why the 4H is different from what we see on the 3.0L. by that logic though, the 4L should have also been different .
Old 11th October 2007, 10:07   #204
Senior - BHPian

hi,
i wish they had 4x4 in lx too...., one of the best looking SUV's ever!!!

regards
vinod
Old 11th October 2007, 10:38   #205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Hi Samurai, assuming that you live around M'lore, Auto MATRIX has moved out of their showroom, temporarily, till the concrete road is laid on that stretch.
I am dealing with their Udupi branch, so that can't be the issue. But not returning phone calls is not polite, especially by small town standards. Considering they got their first peep into the specs and as well as new Safari website through me (via Team-BHP), it is not at all polite.

Who knows, now I might wait until Nov 9th to see what Scorpio Eagle has to offer.
Old 11th October 2007, 10:45   #206
BHPian

Tata is offering Dicor 3.0 LX at 6.98 lacs ex showroomm delhi. I saw this add in HT.

What do ou think about this deal, may be they want to compete with reduced rates of Scorpio for limited period.
Old 11th October 2007, 11:30   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
Tata is offering Dicor 3.0 LX at 6.98 lacs ex showroomm delhi. I saw this add in HT.

What do ou think about this deal, may be they want to compete with reduced rates of Scorpio for limited period.
Is it 6.98 ex showroom or OTR price?Months back many of the dealers were offering huge discounts.Seems like now tata is doing it officially.I think you should try bargaining some more discounts or accessories with the dealer...
Old 11th October 2007, 11:33   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Completely , when I was driving the vx model of 2.2, i could hear the engine noise turning from polite to litle hoarse between 2.5k -3.

No wonder they are delaying the delivery of the 2.2 . they might be doing checks with the TD and initial impressions of the customer before actually delivering it.

Main reason for the flat spot is i GUESS the caliberation of the VGT in that power band or something else to do with crappy EGR. Experts can comment on this. I can be wrong on this but thats what came to my mind
Hey dear. Actually they are delaying delivery because they do not have ST approval from and the RTO are not accepting road tax. and thus no registration. And as we know, they cant make a delivery without a temporary/permanent registration
Old 11th October 2007, 11:47   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post

slightly ot now, these tata dealers don't seem to be particularly concerned with chasing sales - for the 1st time in my life, i have had to hound car dealers to get a TD (and thats after i've offered to pay upfront the same day for the car!!!) with them not bothering to return calls or set up meetings!!

is this only a delhi problem or have you guys had it across the country as a generic tata dealer problem??
sorry for going

But to answer your question - I've had the same exp with the Pune dealer I visited. Went there 3 times to get a TD. The last two times I had my cheque book with me, ready to book a 3.0L. The sales guy looked so disinterested, it felt like I was in a municipal office. Neither did they have a TD vehicle, nor did they ever call back. Definitely one of the worst sales experiences ever.

Last edited by cypher : 11th October 2007 at 11:56.
Old 11th October 2007, 14:35   #210

ok guys...just something to add here...
i went to the dealership to td the vvt and the dealership response was...well....PATHETIC....they made us wait for 1 hour as aparantly the car had gone for some "work"...the guy who was dealing with us seemed least bothered to deal with us and the first thing he did was show us the price list which is a HUGE mistake to do when you are dealing with a customer...

the above is my experience and my views on it...please feel free to criticize if i have written something that you dont agree with

Last edited by Zappo : 11th October 2007 at 14:43. Reason: merged
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks