Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2007, 17:57   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Prajesh, see what I mean, not motivating enough! Accelerator glued to the floor in 3rd gear is where the 3.0 litre really comes into its own with the speedo climbing sharply!
Hmm, cant comment much as i haven't driven the 3.0 truck ..I have only read reviews about it here thats the reason i asked for a TD report from u.....
I know your comparison would be true and more satisfactory as u are one of those who drove drive the 3.0 truck daily..Also Dr CATS
Old 10th October 2007, 18:03   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 Review
The engine labored up 2700 rpm onwards and took its own sweet time going past 3000 rpm even when I had the accelerator glued to the floor in third gear!!! After 3000 rpm almost nothing happens, its one huge flat spot if I may say so and takes an eternity going from 3000 to 4000 rpm with no noticeable step up in speed or acceleration.
Completely , when I was driving the vx model of 2.2, i could hear the engine noise turning from polite to litle hoarse between 2.5k -3.

No wonder they are delaying the delivery of the 2.2 . they might be doing checks with the TD and initial impressions of the customer before actually delivering it.

Main reason for the flat spot is i GUESS the caliberation of the VGT in that power band or something else to do with crappy EGR. Experts can comment on this. I can be wrong on this but thats what came to my mind
Old 10th October 2007, 18:04   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 Review

To its credit the engine is smooth and vibe free but is noisy after 3000 rpm.
I think there was a problem with the test car. The rpm rose each time I depressed the clutch to change gear. Can clutch be the reason for low pick up from the engine? I felt as if the clutch is working properly. I asked the showroom guy to give me a call after he takes the car back to the dealership and gets it checked. He did give me a call and says everything is fine which is hard to believe… Where have all the 138 horses gone? Dare I say, the Dicor 3.0 will absolutely kill it in straight line performance, except for the initial surge to say 60 kph.
I think I need to test drive someother car and come to a conclusion.
I drove 2 Td cars from 2 different dealerships and there was significant difference in the clutch. The VX I drove had a clutch which was out by 3-4inches and the EX I drove was perfect. The power delivery was good and the pick-up was awesome. I would have to agree about the consistency of the power delivered through the higher gears is unbalanced not very smooth though I think this may be tuning issues and might get settled after the engine runs-in. The turbo kick-in in the 2nd and 3rd gear is evident. I think as these are new cars revving them at lower gears is not advisable and hence lack smooth power delivery. I don't know exactly but some of the Tech savvy bhpians should be able to answer and pin point the issue.
Old 10th October 2007, 18:09   #184
Senior - BHPian

As per TATA Italian website

Quote:
CONSUMPTIONS (CITY/EXTRA URBAN/MIXED): 9.4/6.8/7.7 liters every 100 km
i.e. 10.6/14.7/13.0 kms/ltr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
Sorry i am late for the discussion i didn't see this thread.

Anyone find out whats the mileage its giving both in city and highways? Whats TATA claim?
Old 10th October 2007, 18:10   #185
Senior - BHPian

Now why am I getting the impression that all is not hunky-dory with the 2.2 performance? Must be my imagination , right?
Old 10th October 2007, 18:15   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
As per TATA Italian website

i.e. 10.6/14.7/13.0 kms/ltr

Sounds pretty ok, average 13 sounds good for a diesel SUV. Hopefuly by next month i should make up my mind to either go for the Safari or Scorpio.

Thanks.
Old 10th October 2007, 18:16   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Now why am I getting the impression that all is not hunky-dory with the 2.2 performance? Must be my imagination , right?
How so suman? What are the cons you see in this?
Old 10th October 2007, 18:26   #188
BHPian

What colour ?

Could some one post actual pictures of the Safari 2.2 in all colors available not from the Brochure and from the Dicor website as you cant really make out which one looks good.

I found the white one on one of the websites.
<http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewtopic.php?p=404436&sid=17b332c4793d9a113aa8d08 a09f986ef>

Please post other colors as well

Last edited by JUDA : 10th October 2007 at 18:28. Reason: Could not see Image
Old 10th October 2007, 18:29   #189
Senior - BHPian

Dear Tata

We need the initial pickup and refinement of the 2.2 with the top-end performance and effortless cruising power of the 3.0.

Give us a 5.2 litre Turbodiesel. With about 800 nm.
Old 10th October 2007, 18:30   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
slightly ot now, these tata dealers don't seem to be particularly concerned with chasing sales - for the 1st time in my life, i have had to hound car dealers to get a TD (and thats after i've offered to pay upfront the same day for the car!!!) with them not bothering to return calls or set up meetings!!

is this only a delhi problem or have you guys had it across the country as a generic tata dealer problem??
Even I am having the same problem. Not picking up my calls, not returning calls. Odd behavior!
Old 10th October 2007, 18:36   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Even I am having the same problem. Not picking up my calls, not returning calls. Odd behavior!

odd is really putting it mildly... i had plugged for the 3.0 l ex in jan 07, but then the rumbles of the 2.2 grew stronger, so i cancelled and have been keeping tabs on tata since then...

what is most frustrating is knowing that these guys behave like this now, so god help us when we need to get anything done service wise!!!
Old 10th October 2007, 18:38   #192
BHPian

Yup, its that 3.0L 4x4 only!
Just to add to what E_T has written (i was with him, and drove the 2.2), the gear ratio mentioned on the instrument panel for 4H and 4L in the 2.2 was different for the 4H mode (the figure that you see when you are driving,and is to your left). For the 3L, its mentioned as 1: 0.75, while i noticed for the 2.2 it was mentioned as 1: 0.95. So its seems the speed that can be achieved in each gear in 4H mode, would be different for the 3L and the 2.2L.
Any comments on it?

-Nitin

Quote:
E_T, good review mate, very well outlined though quite disappointing about the engine. I'm guessing that you've been revving up a certain 3.0 L 4x4 so, in my opinion are well qualified to do the comparo!
Old 10th October 2007, 19:06   #193
BHPian

Yes TATA,

And we shall gladly pay you 20 Lacs for this beastie!!!

t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Dear Tata

We need the initial pickup and refinement of the 2.2 with the top-end performance and effortless cruising power of the 3.0.

Give us a 5.2 litre Turbodiesel. With about 800 nm.
Old 10th October 2007, 19:28   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Dear Tata

do you think we also need to add "with mileage 20kmpl ..... "
Old 10th October 2007, 19:31   #195
BHPian

ItWasntMe

my contact says, there seems a possibility to have this for an approx cost of 8 - 10K, as some other customers are also asking for the same. however, he will give me the confirmation after he checks with the workshop.

my contact said that they usually fit Minda kit, but in the recent past they have switched to AutoCop. he also mentioned as long as the list of products match with subscribed (which is typically those that are offered by them) no issues with Warranty :-)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks