Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2007, 11:01   #106
Senior - BHPian

Page 146, look under 2.2l DICOR engine, "2. change engine oil and oil filter", 1000 - 1500 Kms.

Oil has to be changed at the first checkup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
BTW I have scanned the relevant pages of the service manual.

Picasa Web Albums - Harjeev - safari service
Old 14th November 2007, 11:03   #107
BHPian

Congrats on your new Safari Dicor

Yeah, during the first service they normally top-up and look for rectifications. It would be better if you can go for an oil change (recommended by our team-bhp ns as well)

I had a TD of the Safari Dicor 2.2 4*4 top end yesterday, the reverse camera was cooool .. the interiors cheap as always but the drive was good. I also notice that when you turn off the ignition it takes sometime for the engine to shut down, i asked the sales guy and he said that it is normal in a big car. well, i assumed it would be normal in a TATA car .
Old 14th November 2007, 15:05   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
You going to be in Ludhiana for a day? Go to Dada motors, they are better than any service center in NCR.
Thanks tsk1979. Would keep that info handy. The thing is that I would be staying in Ludhiana only for the night and leaving for Amritsar around 12PM. So wouldnt have time to get it serviced. BTW I have already booked with Pawha Motors for tommorow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Harjeev,

Any pics of your Safari coming up?
Would post pics when I return from my trip from Amritsar.
I took come pics at the time of delivery. here is the link

Harjeev's Safari Pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Page 146, look under 2.2l DICOR engine, "2. change engine oil and oil filter", 1000 - 1500 Kms.

Oil has to be changed at the first checkup.
It has not to be changed. The company had put white fluid on the oil change column at first service.
I scratched it with my nails. Must be a printing error.
But anyways I am getting the oil changed at the first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
I also notice that when you turn off the ignition it takes sometime for the engine to shut down, i asked the sales guy and he said that it is normal in a big car. well, i assumed it would be normal in a TATA car .
The engine shuts down immediately but the radiator is on for sometime. I had the same problem earlier,(pl see my earlier posts at the start of this thread) but after the problem was rectified the radiator shuts down as soon as I turn off the ignition.
Old 15th November 2007, 10:58   #109
BHPian

guys can some one tell me the showrooms for TATA in Gurgaon. I know Dhingra motors is there. Does there is any one else. I want to but it in next week, so the quick replies are expected as usual from the Gurus
Old 15th November 2007, 11:17   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
guys can some one tell me the showrooms for TATA in Gurgaon. I know Dhingra motors is there. Does there is any one else. I want to but it in next week, so the quick replies are expected as usual from the Gurus

someone told me few weeks ago that Nawab Motors are having a workshop/showroom in GGN.

not sure though as the official tatasafari site doesnt mention someone else than Dhingra Motors.

PM Suman if you are unable to find out.
Old 15th November 2007, 11:24   #111
BHPian

Thank simply_sunny001. I also read in some posts that Nawab motors has opened a new showroom there. But no confirmation. Does any one in BHPians know some one in Dhingra motors, so that I can get good deal and trust them to deliver me a nice vehical with all PDI checks done. .
Old 15th November 2007, 11:26   #112
Team-BHP Support

Phone number of Nawab motors noida. they have a Ghaziabad workshop too. Why don't you call up and ask if they have opened up a showroom in GGN?
0120-2424545/096 / 9899400022 / 9899600022
Old 15th November 2007, 11:45   #113
BHPian

Thanks tsk, i will call them
Old 15th November 2007, 11:51   #114
BHPian

Guragon tata showroom

tsk they have (Nawab motors) closed down in Gurgaon, instead of tata motors now they have opened Nawab Honda showroom.

Does any one knows some one in Dhingra motors, so that I can get good deal. Sterling Noida is giving Free extended warranty +mud flaps+footmaps.

Gugaon bhpians pls help

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Phone number of Nawab motors noida. they have a Ghaziabad workshop too. Why don't you call up and ask if they have opened up a showroom in GGN?
0120-2424545/096 / 9899400022 / 9899600022
Old 15th November 2007, 12:45   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
Does any one knows some one in Dhingra motors, so that I can get good deal. Sterling Noida is giving Free extended warranty +mud flaps+footmaps.

Gugaon bhpians pls help
Though I do not know anybody in Dhingra Motors, I am in touch with them for the beast. 2 weeks back they were not giving any discount other than 4000 Rs corporate discount.

I did not liked the way they handle customers. They do not even care to bring the truck to your place for TD, though not a big deal.

I was in touch with Pawan Rawat, one of the sales guy.

But as you already have a package from Sterling, try bargaining them against it
Old 15th November 2007, 12:46   #116
Senior - BHPian

Just came back after giving my beast for service. Run for 900 KMS. Though the service is not due but going for a road trip and the car would run for approx 1000 kms during the trip

Requested the following jobs

All costs are estimate

Underbody Anti Rust (2500)
Rear Fog Lamp Change (400)
Oil Change Along with some filters (1500)
Fuel additive (1350)
Some misc costs and the total estimate given to me was 6K.
Regd the fuel additive I was told that they will add the additive once every 15 K and that it keeps the injectors clean. I was also told once I come back from the trip I should show them the car and check if there are any issues.
Though the cost appears to be a little high but 4500-5000 worth of expenses have been requested my me. They have just added the fuel additive which costs 1350.

Issues reported my me are as follows
1. Fog Lamp Alignment
2. Creaking sound from the spring of the clutch
3. Weak Breaks (under hard breaking) under normal city conditions the breaks are perfect. To this I was told that the breaks are to be applied in the pump fashion. Secondly he told me that yesterday also they received a safari with the same complaint.
4. Door adjustments (RHS front and rear) Have to close with force
5. Car switches of with a shudder (jhatka) this problem has started coming since yesterday
6. Indicator lever and steering adjustment (steering not fully center)
7. Hissing when the steering is fully turned to either the left or right. Though I believe that this is a problem with all Safari's

BTW I felt yesterday that the beast has become a little lighter and much smoother to drive.
And when I was coming back from the showroom in my other car GM Optra 1.6 I felt like someone has thrown me on the ground. The ORVM's felt so small that I couldn't believe that I was earlier driving that dinky car . Though after driving a diesel for a while I felt that the Optra has no noise at all. And I would never even think for trading my Safari for any other car.
Old 15th November 2007, 12:54   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fuel additive (1350)
Is it fuel additive or engine oil additive?

Fuel additive for 1350 is way too high, what brand they have added?
Old 15th November 2007, 13:14   #118
BHPian

Hi Dear. My 2 Cents.

1.) This car will always shut down with a jathka and there is no solution
2.) Hissing sound on full steering will remain. It is a sol called feature of the steering assembly
3.) Clutch Spring noise: they will just oil it. Will put synthetic grease to be more precise.
4.) Breaks on high speed: better get used to it as there is no solution

have a good time bro
Old 15th November 2007, 16:29   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks tsk1979.
I took come pics at the time of delivery. here is the link

Harjeev's Safari Pics...
I noticed that some of the photos were taken at the petrol bunk / fuel station. Cell / mobile phone usage is banned at these places due to the potential for dangerous fire / explosion accidents. I am sure even digital cameras pose this hazard and should be avoided. Awaiting members / moderators comments.
Old 15th November 2007, 16:33   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
I noticed that some of the photos were taken at the petrol bunk / fuel station. Cell / mobile phone usage is banned at these places due to the potential for dangerous fire / explosion accidents. I am sure even digital cameras pose this hazard and should be avoided. Awaiting members / moderators comments.
Mobile phones do not pose any hazard. Its a myth. If you get out of the car, put in the nozzle, sit in the car, and then come out again to remove the nozzle there is a good chance that an explosion will occur.
Since in India attendents fill fuel, this possibility is removed.
Anyways mythbusters tried to ignite petrol by cell phones and failed miserably.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks