Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 06:59   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
At the end of the day DI and CRDE are both machines. Any machine can breakdown anywhere. Saying DI won't breakdown or CRDE won't breakdown doesn't sound nice. Heard of Mr. Murphy?
One can only pray that the vehicle doesn't breakdown in the middle of nowhere during long journeys especially with family.
Exactly my sentiments. No vehicle howsoever reliable can promise that it will never break down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Here's a DI owner wishing all those DIs and CRDEs a smooth and enjoyable trip to Ladakh. And while you're at it, don't drive to prove anything. Drive to drive. Drive to enjoy.

Thanks Mate for the good wishes!
Old 8th September 2009, 09:23   #167
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Why fight and die when you can drive and fly ?
Old 8th September 2009, 10:17   #168
Senior - BHPian

I can say am a prospective buyer of a SUV/UV and Bolero has a tall chance of me opting for it. now the question is which one would i buy(DI or the CRDE)

I took a test drive of a DI on the Hiway few months back and was disappointed with its overtaking ability, i mean it takes ages to overtake. if one likes to tour with it am sure this is one of the biggest drawbacks...

Drove Rocky's Bolero(CRDE) couple of times and must say this vehicle behaves like petrol car or better. i think CRDE is a perfect tourer..

So i feel its about the preferences...

Btw the build quality and the rear leg room is something am not very amused about.
Old 8th September 2009, 10:34   #169
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Btw the build quality and the rear leg room is something am not very amused about.
Yes Lohith space is an issue for the rear seat passengers in a Bolero. I see the recent Bolero'es lacking on the quality aspect too. The plastics in my 5 year old Bolero GLX have stood a huge lot of abuse and till today i haven't changed anything plastic on my vehicle - other then the wheel caps and that too only 2 in 5 years. I don't use any fasteners on them.

I hardly used the rear seat for the first 4 years. Only now that i am parent is the seat occupied by my wife and kid. The front passenger seat is pushed way forward and helps a fair bit.

Also once you have a proper music system with speaker and sub-woofers in the rear there is not much space left for luggage. I remove the speaker boxes and route the sound to the original speakers when there is a need for space.

If space is what you are looking for then you need to look at some other options - especially rear seat. With the leaf springs on the rear it is not too comfortable too.

About lack of grunt - yes i agree but to an extent. I am a sedate driver - speeds within 90-100 kmph on highways and 40-60 kmph in cities. I have driven more then 1.2 lakh kilometers around whole of west and south India. There were times when i felt i need more power but then i was equally happy to wait for another opportunity to overtake, which on a highway comes up quite often.

I was one of the few waiting for a CRDe but the 8+ on road in Bangalore just killed it for me. And somehow i still prefer the old look and am happy with the IDI.

Do let us know how your Bolero hunt goes.
Old 8th September 2009, 11:58   #170
Senior - BHPian

Abhi, actually i started to love the Bolero when i got a chance to travel in it. thanks to Rocky. i really loved the IDI engine...

Yes i agree on the cost part, 8 is too high for it but looking at the condition of the road and practical aspect wise this vehicle is the best option one has today.

i mean for someone who doesnt care about wimps and fancy

On the rear seat space, my present car has the same issue and traveling with family becomes a issue.
Old 8th September 2009, 12:27   #171
Senior - BHPian

The VLX is for 7.6 OTR in Bangalore. With discounts et al you can easily get it for about 7.3
Old 10th September 2009, 11:58   #172
Senior - BHPian

VLX was 7.42 when I bought it on 17.08. Discounts are free mats, etc etc, free fog lamps and so on!!
Old 11th September 2009, 09:06   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Abhi, actually i started to love the Bolero when i got a chance to travel in it. thanks to Rocky. i really loved the IDI engine...
IDI (In-direct Injection) was the 1st generation Peugot engine, what you drove was the Common Rail Engine ( CRDe) installed in STORM.
Old 11th September 2009, 09:32   #174
BHPian

Folks,
I bought a bolero SPORTZ IDI engine in 2003.It costed me 5.30 lacs.It was amongst the earliest ones in chennai, i used to get royal treatment in MPL motors at that time.Not many were amused by my decision to go for it. I just loved the front macho look it had. i still miss the rock solid presence on road and the chilling a.c. i had upgraded to alloys and 235 tyres and it used to look all the more better.Peronally i think the present one does not have that solid look.the bumpers were non plastic at that time. Sold it in 2005 end.

Last edited by PRADEEP KUMAR : 11th September 2009 at 09:35.
Old 11th September 2009, 10:42   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheep007 View Post
IDI (In-direct Injection) was the 1st generation Peugot engine, what you drove was the Common Rail Engine ( CRDe) installed in STORM.
Mahee for your info "RockyB" had a IDI Bolero earlier, he sold that and bought the CRDE. i Have driven both of his vehicles...
Old 11th September 2009, 10:50   #176
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The VLX is for 7.6 OTR in Bangalore. With discounts et al you can easily get it for about 7.3
Yes they reduced 50k on the earlier price. I was eagerly waiting for a CRDe Bolero after the Scorpio got a CRDe. When they finally did launch it, was priced too high. it somehow killed my enthusiasm to get one.

Then to make matters worse they brought out the Xylo which was even more cheaper with a "much" better engine - 112bhp and 24kgm torque.

Why not in the Bolero and priced sensibly.

It's not after all a wannabe city dwellers choice of wheels anyways. Its meant for us folks who are looking for a VFM buy.
Old 11th September 2009, 10:54   #177
Senior - BHPian

To add "Xylo's" fit and finish is better when compared to Bolero... wonder why they have kept the price so high???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Yes they reduced 50k on the earlier price. I was eagerly waiting for a CRDe Bolero after the Scorpio got a CRDe. When they finally did launch it, was priced too high. it somehow killed my enthusiasm to get one.

Then to make matters worse they brought out the Xylo which was even more cheaper with a "much" better engine - 112bhp and 24kgm torque.

Why not in the Bolero and priced sensibly.

It's not after all a wannabe city dwellers choice of wheels anyways. Its meant for us folks who are looking for a VFM buy.
Old 11th September 2009, 20:42   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Mahee for your info "RockyB" had a IDI Bolero earlier, he sold that and bought the CRDE. i Have driven both of his vehicles...
You forgot to ad the "P" at the end of my name . Anyway, sorry thought you meant the CRDe, dint know Rocky had IDI, my mistake, my bad !!
Old 11th September 2009, 20:47   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Peronally i think the present one does not have that solid look.the bumpers were non plastic at that time.
The bumpers are not plastic sir, they are still all metal !!
Old 11th September 2009, 21:49   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheep007 View Post
You forgot to ad the "P" at the end of my name . Anyway, sorry thought you meant the CRDe, dint know Rocky had IDI, my mistake, my bad !!
Oops sorry for missing "p" Maheep

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks