Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 20:43   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I think you will like whats forced down your throat...ahem!
Totally, LOL!
Though I dare say it'll take a week of having it forced down the throat and then you'll be unable to have enough of it! ... ahem...
Old 16th March 2009, 21:04   #92
BHPian

This thread is getting very naughty! Hey folks, I got it as a present from my in-laws. So go easy on the innuendos, will you?

Coming back... I'm of small stature (I don't have the big, broad chests that the jeeper dudes on TV have) and hence I found the BIG steering wheel on the Bolero slightly uncomfortable and vague (the power steering doesn't feel as crisp as the one on my Estilo ). Considering the fact that there is one particular stretch of curving ghat roads that I need to go through on my trips to my in-laws' place, looks like I'll be on the edge of the seat the first couple of times.

So, I just want to know if I can try stunts like replacing the steering wheel with a smaller diameter one (after the warrantly period)? Anyone tried that before? ... ever?!
Old 16th March 2009, 22:07   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
... I'm of small stature (I don't have the big, broad chests that the jeeper dudes on TV have) ....
Never mind!
Big chests are not needed.
Only broad behinds for more fun and stability!...ahem....
You shall not look back!
Old 17th March 2009, 00:26   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Passionate no doubt but slightly misplaced.
You meant the guy or the car?
Old 17th March 2009, 02:25   #95
BHPian

dont bother to much, you will enjoy it. there is no rocket science to it. it will eat up all the potholes on the way to gudalur which your estilo would have under bellied.
Old 17th March 2009, 07:41   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Misplaced?? As in/how?
Old 17th March 2009, 09:07   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Think so?? N here i was thinking i had my facts straight n right !!
Old 18th March 2009, 17:48   #98
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
You meant the guy or the car?
The car cant type as far as i know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheep007 View Post
Misplaced?? As in/how?
Quote:
Think so?? N here i was thinking i had my facts straight n right !!
Take it for what it is. Nothing is perfect.
Old 18th March 2009, 17:52   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The car cant type as far as i know.
I know - was just playing the rat
Old 19th March 2009, 20:52   #100
BHPian

Hi Mudlover (nice id - sounds like a hardcore 4x4.

my 2 paisas

1. Bolero is not a hardcore Jeep. Leave that tag only to the the CJs - closet is MM540 / 550 and 4x4 is must
2. If you want mileage during Bangalore to Gudalur the SLX or SLE could been a better choice. If you want to cut down travel time - VLX is right choice.

And lastly - don;t fear - VLX is not so scary as Maheep is projecting it to be

Quote:
Hi there, I was searching all the Bolero-related threads to post my gripe and this one seemed like the closest match.

I'm a small-car guy who's just had a Bolero Crde forced down his throat. And as I had feared, after reading this thread it's become clear to me that folks who drive Boleros are usually the hard-core jeeper dudes. So what I want to know is how does a guy like me get upto speed on the technicalities of driving a bolero?!! I would prefer a ten commandments-like list of dos & don'ts.

My previous ride is an Estilo with alloy wheels, tubeless tyres and Green Cotton filter - which I like revving & ripping on my long drives to Calicut. By the way, I've been given the Bolero because I need to travel every weekend from Bangalore to Gudalur (Tamil Nadu). I don't have the vehicle as yet since it is still in Calicut for registration and will be picking it up this weekend. It's a new one costing Rs.6.78 Lac (on road).
Old 19th March 2009, 20:55   #101
BHPian

No don;t

"broad chests that the jeeper dudes on TV have" is am image.

Larger diameter steering wheel is more comfy. The power steering of Bolero is very effective too.

Don't worry - it will take a few days to get over your Estillo

Quote:
This thread is getting very naughty! Hey folks, I got it as a present from my in-laws. So go easy on the innuendos, will you?

Coming back... I'm of small stature (I don't have the big, broad chests that the jeeper dudes on TV have) and hence I found the BIG steering wheel on the Bolero slightly uncomfortable and vague (the power steering doesn't

So, I just want to know if I can try stunts like replacing the steering wheel with a smaller diameter one (after the warrantly period)? Anyone tried that before? ... ever?!
Old 20th March 2009, 07:16   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Hi Mudlover (nice id - sounds like a hardcore 4x4.

my 2 paisas

1. Bolero is not a hardcore Jeep. Leave that tag only to the the CJs - closet is MM540 / 550 and 4x4 is must
2. If you want mileage during Bangalore to Gudalur the SLX or SLE could been a better choice. If you want to cut down travel time - VLX is right choice.

And lastly - don;t fear - VLX is not so scary as Maheep is projecting it to be
Hey Rocky, wts up! Dont get me wrong pal, i dont mean VLX is bad, i just say DI is a proven tough nut, and gives good mileage along with great pulling power, merely trying to point out its good points over its 1 negetive point i.e noisy engine, which too according to me isnt negative point, similarly VLX has its positive points being a smoother n higher powered engine with greater pickup, so i did mention it somewhere at the end of the day its a personal matter/choice. CHEERS
Old 20th March 2009, 14:14   #103
BHPian

Hey Maheep - chill. I didn't get you wrong. Always good to have different opinions. In fact I agree with you in most of the points and your tips. They are really useful.

Quote:
Hey Rocky, wts up! Dont get me wrong pal, i dont mean VLX is bad, .... so i did mention it somewhere at the end of the day its a personal matter/choice. CHEERS
Old 20th March 2009, 22:36   #104
BHPian

Well spoken Jeeper.Jeeps are driven not by the brain but the heart.Even if Bolero is not a hardcore Jeep, it still retains the Jeep characterstics.And defenitely, the meaty roar of a straightforward DI (Sound is music, isn't it?)is far better than the purring of a CRDI.And in Indian road conditions, out and out low end torque is everything .If these guys want only sheer acceleration and smoothness, then surelly they can go for a Skoda RS or Accord and why the JEEP?
Old 21st March 2009, 09:37   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
Well spoken Jeeper.Jeeps are driven not by the brain but the heart.Even if Bolero is not a hardcore Jeep, it still retains the Jeep characterstics.And defenitely, the meaty roar of a straightforward DI (Sound is music, isn't it?)is far better than the purring of a CRDI.And in Indian road conditions, out and out low end torque is everything .If these guys want only sheer acceleration and smoothness, then surelly they can go for a Skoda RS or Accord and why the JEEP?
Nicely put, who's jeeper though?

Most Viewed