Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2009, 23:58   #136
BHPian

It's been a month. And it's happened. While taking a turn outside Lilavati at around 10 Pm today , a Taxi banged right into my side. Luckily he managed to hit the breaks, but not enough. There is a BIG ugly dent in the car, luckily no paint loss, but i am misrable and angry. Just felt so helpless, i was hardly crawling along, almost at a standstill and this bugger just bashes the hell into me. No idea how much it is going to cost to repair but this is not good. My beloved has got into get first mishap. As i said, not good. Not good at all. But the feeling of helplessness you get when you loved one is so brutally mauled. No words to express it. None.
Old 3rd May 2009, 00:04   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
It's been a month. And it's happened. While taking a turn outside Lilavati at around 10 Pm today , a Taxi banged right into my side. Luckily he managed to hit the breaks, but not enough. There is a BIG ugly dent in the car, luckily no paint loss, but i am misrable and angry. Just felt so helpless, i was hardly crawling along, almost at a standstill and this bugger just bashes the hell into me. No idea how much it is going to cost to repair but this is not good. My beloved has got into get first mishap. As i said, not good. Not good at all. But the feeling of helplessness you get when you loved one is so brutally mauled. No words to express it. None.
Aaah. Dent on an Audi ? Sorry for the incident redeff. I know nothing can be done against these taxi and auto drivers but still this must be very hurting.
Old 3rd May 2009, 12:57   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyoyster View Post
Aaah. Dent on an Audi ? Sorry for the incident redeff. I know nothing can be done against these taxi and auto drivers but still this must be very hurting.
I really feel sorry for redeff, must be really painful and that too with a Audi. What do you have to say for this. Last week i had given my Swift Dzire VDI for its 2nd free service and the dealer returns it with a dent on the left front door Fortunately the paint didnt come off! Gave him such a blasting that he has agreed to rectify it at his cost. It is painful when your car gets hit while your driving and its even more painful when it gets hit while in the custody of the dealership I still have not come to terms with it and keep on looking at it.
Old 3rd May 2009, 13:09   #139
BHPian

That my friend is the understatement of the day. Just wondering how much the Damages will be now...
Old 3rd May 2009, 13:18   #140
BHPian

I understand exactly how you feel bro, sick maniacs these taxi drivers are. Actually autoricks too. Feel like . Take care bro.
Old 4th May 2009, 08:36   #141
BHPian

Here's a pic of the damage done. It is bad. And it's going to cost a BOMB to set right. I hate cabbies.

Audi A4 2.0 TDI. EDIT : Mid-year update on page 14-photo0309.jpg

Audi A4 2.0 TDI. EDIT : Mid-year update on page 14-photo0308.jpg

Audi A4 2.0 TDI. EDIT : Mid-year update on page 14-photo0310.jpg
Old 4th May 2009, 08:40   #142
Team-BHP Support

Oh my god it does look bad. Front fender, the side skirts and the front door. Lots of expensive bits. I really feel sorry for you.

This was one of the main reasons I resisted on buying a high end car. For that matter I'm scared to even go for a Skoda superb thanks to the 2 and 3 wheelers in bangalore. Skoda repairs are not cheap either.
Old 4th May 2009, 08:50   #143
BHPian

Dude, really sorry to see this. The Damages will be for all 1, 2 & 3. Maybe lesser for 1 but for 2 & 3 they will rip you off. Hope you are going through insurance.

Audi A4 2.0 TDI. EDIT : Mid-year update on page 14-photo0308.jpg
Old 4th May 2009, 09:39   #144
Senior - BHPian

am shocked to see the result of some cabwallah hitting the car for no reason. If they cant control the car then better not drive at that speed.
Thats going to be some days at workshop + some expensive costs. Hope car comes out well soon enough for you to enjoy the drive again.
Old 4th May 2009, 12:00   #145
Senior - BHPian

Yeouch. That is going to be expensive to put right. Commiserations redeff. Hopefully this will be a first and a last.
Old 4th May 2009, 12:32   #146
BHPian

redeff. I can very well understand your pain and frustration. I hope this is the last one you got.

I got my scratch within first few weeks of driving Q7. Now have made it a rule to never use Q7 for local usage but strictly reserved for highway usage. After making it to the hotel at my destination I then hire a car from local tour operators for local runs.
Old 4th May 2009, 12:34   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Yikes I know how it hurts because when my car gets a scratch before I am over the new car syndrome, the damage is more mental than monetary. Just give it in for repair ASAP to help your head relax.

Even though there is no paint loss, the entire door will be repainted in the process to fix the dent.
GTO recently got his dents fixed by some machine that uses an electronic suction. Maybe you could give that a shot, it will be more cost effective but I am not sure if it will work for a dent this big.

@Anil: It's damage 2 that will be the big one that has to be set right. 1 is barely noticable, atleast in the pic. And 3 is the skirts, which I hope is plastic/fiber and not metal. I had an identical dent in size and place as (3) and got that fixed with the heat treatment, looked like new without a repaint !

Last edited by Sahil : 4th May 2009 at 12:39.
Old 4th May 2009, 21:27   #148
BHPian

Well, I really don't know how much the whole thing will cost. Anyways i hope Audi secure should cover it. @ Sahil - I thought BMW secure covers all accidental damage even dents and bumps?
Old 4th May 2009, 22:34   #149
Team-BHP Support

Why should Audi secure cover accident repairs? Is it an insurance plan?

Incase of BMW you take BSI as well as bajaj Allianz insurance which covers the accidental part or something like that. The BSI will not cover any accidental damage.
Old 4th May 2009, 23:03   #150
Senior - BHPian

I thought BMW secure is nothing but a extended warranty right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks