Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 16:16   #46
BHPian

Congrats! PICS please.

After having such a heartiest description, we are also waiting for the beauty to arrive.

Are you planning for any modification?
Old 30th March 2009, 16:28   #47
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for pics and reports redeff. Somehow i feel had the BMW been offered you for a lesser price say about 2 lakhs than the audi and be a bit more spacious , you would still have gone for the A4. ( Your description reveals this )
Old 30th March 2009, 20:35   #48
BHPian

A special mention does go out to Mr. Jackson the Audi Brand manager. I was half sold on the car even before seeing it thanks to a conversation on the phone with him. Seeing the car in flesh ( black with beige interiors ) just re-enforced the same feelings.

The experience with the showroom was kind of mixed, sometimes very good , some times extremely frustrating. The people are nice and courteous and do go out of the way to make you feel special but then again , they need to work upon their follow up system a bit. About the delivery debacle the less said the better. But after seeing the car today i wasn't exactly in the mood to be angry at Anyone. The Two sales executives i interacted with ( Naushad and Nasir however i might have spelt their names wrong) were both very helpful. However as an over all showroom experience i found the BMW showroom ( Navnit Motors ) give out slightly better Vibes ( don't know what they did better or different, it's just a feeling). About the car, only time will tell i guess

Last edited by redeff : 30th March 2009 at 20:36. Reason: Typos.
Old 30th March 2009, 20:58   #49
Senior - BHPian

Believe you me - you have now become a member of the much under-rated AUDI ownership club !!

Hope you have an ownership experience compareable to the BEST

All the very best.

Cherrs
Old 30th March 2009, 21:20   #50
BHPian

About going for the BMW being a bit bigger and a bit cheaper, not really. It's a package in it's own right. A fantastic car. Who does not want a RWD vehicle with crazy amounts of torque which handles like a dream ? It's just that the BMW is a 4 year old model. The interiors might have great materials but the lower part of the dash fails to impress ( at least in the Beige ). Frankly , the 60K or 1L difference in the price is something i could have lived with. The Audi just feels so much more better and exclusive! The interiors make you feel like your in a luxury car. The exclusivity factor goes for it, and so do the good looks and those LED's just add to the grace.

Consider this as a marriage dilemma ( For all of us, it's usually a love affair with out cars anyways! Just my way of thinking. lol ) Note:- Refers to the Diesels only.

Benz C class - She's like the super hot toast of the Town. Dignified with a name to maintain. gives you instant recognition and stares everywhere weather it be attending a pooja or a party. When your with her, your not expected to be anything be regal, you cannot miss behave. It goes against your image. People judge you and call you undeserving of her if you act anything less classier than James bond. People will look and does she look gorgeous or what! Drives well ( no need to explain how this co-relates to a wife ) we are all passionate car enthusiasts here. Has oodles of torque, but at the end of the day, she's not the best at home. People recognize her as a celeb. Might just cause a rift in the family. lol. Shes great for show, but has something you want in a wife just missing to make the 'marriage' more comfortable. ( read auto folding mirrors, full leather upholstery and the semi-auto seat adjustments etc. No xenons for god's sake) besides she feels a lot more special from the outside than the inside. Carries out the evening dress stunningly, and so does office wear, but just does not play the part in the house that well or sports dress ). Your parents like her well enough. She's comfortable to live with. Your parents either love the attention she gets or hates is. So do you ( You don't like other touching your Car's star don't you? )

The BMW is quite the opposite. She's famous too. As a top notch athlete. People would get her either for her name as an athlete, or well out of sheer passions and the rush they just know they will get . Her reputation proceeds her, she might not be a drop dead gorgeous beauty but she's got the lines that could make the other ladies drool. She's not really what your parents would want ( Low slung and harsh ride IRL ) but you just want her to drive her. It's crazy. You know she's going to give you the time of your life every single time you are with her. You know that when ever you are with her, you wont take things slow, you'l just get down to it and dhe does not need to be pushed, she is usually more eager than you and that athletic build just helps ( talk about 50 -50 weight distribution! ). At the end of the day. The Bmw likes to live her life on her terms, if you try going any slower, you will have to fight it out. ( Try taking a U-turn in a tight parking lot).

The Audi on the other hand frankly is not that comfortable and showy as the Benz. Nor that appealing for the drive as the BMW.

However, she is quietly beautiful in the day with everything ship shape. You know she is attractive but she just does not scream for attention like the others do during the normal week day routine. She is easy to live with, does not draw too much attention ( brand recognition not as much as the Benz or BMW ) drives well enough. Gives you ample space, but does not let you too free (like the accord, Carmy Passat that spoil you silly by worshiping you with that Acres of space ) to grow fat and lazy.

But the weekend night, she puts on her make up and tucks in her skirts ( puts on the LED's and is shod with those 17" optional alloys - bigger and imho better than the Benz or the Bm's) and who ever passes bye is just left awestruck. Such is her Aura. She can change her role from a nice but firm house maker to a Hot young girl ready to rock your world in an instant. And in that form she draws more attention than both the BMW and the Benz. Your enthralled by her shape and wonder why you never really noticed her before. Ever saw those LED's in your rear view mirror? She drives well to and when needed can take it slow. At the same time she does not have the urgancy as a necessity. You decide the pace. And she delivers. You'll know what i mean, she makes heads turn and is yet so exclusive. Shes not as common on page 3 as the other two , so when she does appear, people sit up and make notice.

The interiors are in a different league all together. She might not be the sportiest, but with her high quality she makes you feel special and comfortable. Ready special.

And at the end of the day what you really want in your special someone is that when you return home, she makes you feel special and comfortable and yet fits your life like a Glove, which she does.

Even if that 'special someone' is just your car.

Come on , ain't we all passionate about our cars?

Last edited by redeff : 30th March 2009 at 21:30.
Old 30th March 2009, 21:32   #51
BHPian

superbly written . . keep up the passion and enjoy that imaculate work of art.
Old 30th March 2009, 21:56   #52
BHPian

Redeff Congrats on a lovely purchase.
I had an older generation A6 myself which I kept for a year and a half and I now own 3 Mercs but I have always found that A6 had better interiors in terms of quality of the materials used and the general feel.
I have always found Audis to be the classiest amongst the German sedans and I really wish you all the very best for many-many miles of pure driving and ownership pleasure.
Old 31st March 2009, 02:15   #53
BHPian

owning an audi is very exclusive stuff.

this is infact better. beemers and mercs are so comman here in Abad. Q7s too. but i only saw an A4 once. it was in black. it was awesome.

the indian janta still knows mercs as "premium luxury" car. nowadays they have opened there eyes to bmw. bmw has new found reputation and snob value. but audi is still understated according to them. they dont know the brand that much.

this makes owning an audi even more fun. as you mentioned about everyone being awestruck lolz. i saw a black A4 the other day. and said to myself well atleast someone has good taste in CARS.

congratulations. man. take care of her!!
Old 31st March 2009, 10:04   #54
BHPian

BMW always had a fearsome reputation worldwide. The bimmer was and still is every boy racers dream. And those have grown up today to find out they can afford it and buy it in India.

Just that they don't have much time to drive it much!
Old 31st March 2009, 10:27   #55
BHPian

congrats on the new purchase redeff, Audi A4 certainly got more in it than the C's or 3's. The looks are stunning, especially if you got a 4 ringed car with LED lights in ur rear view mirrors The C Class looks patched up in various parts and the 3 series looks boring of the lot
Old 31st March 2009, 13:26   #56
BHPian

hey does your car have the MMI?,
whats the cost of B&O system? i heard its too costly.
NO quattro (AWD) in this one right?
oh and does your car have the drive select?
are 19" 5 spoke alloys available here in india? sorry for so many questions i am curious thats it.
Old 31st March 2009, 13:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on you purchase. Great choice of vehicle as well as the color. Specially the mustang brown interiors.

Waiting for pics. Please upload detailed interior pics.
Old 31st March 2009, 13:49   #58
Senior - BHPian

The B&O system is a 1.1L option on the 3.2. It is not available on the 2.0.

Full MMI is only available as an option on the 3.2 as part of an option pack costing 3.5L (includes front & rear parking sensors with camera, Audi Music Interface, TV Reception and MMI High).

quattro AWD is only available on the 3.2 & 3.0.

19" alloys are not available. 18" 5 spokes are an optional extra on the 3.2 at 90K. 17" are available as an option to the 2.0, part of an option pack costing 1.1L (includes memory function for driver seat and external mirrors, front and rear parking sensors, 17" alloys).

I don't have a PDF for the standard and option pack details for the 3.0TDI, so I don't know how any of these options except the quattro AWD relate to that variant.
Old 31st March 2009, 18:01   #59
Senior - BHPian

Oh yeah, about Audi Drive Select. It is a 2.4L option on the 3.2, unavailable for the 2.0.

Adding up the numbers, a fully speced 3.2FSI costs ~45L ex-showroom Mumbai. This is without the 18" wheels and the the rear seat entertainment option (who's gonna sit in the backseat in this rocket anyhow). Yikes, that is expensive :o
Old 31st March 2009, 20:45   #60
Senior - BHPian

The "options" are not required to "spruce up an Audi"...people who know cars worship it for what it is . The 17" wheels do just fine, as for the 3.2 - the less said the better. It is what I call "over indulgence"

The drive is not worth the extra money, drove it on the insistence of the Audi Crew, the deisel is way beyond compare !!

An understatement - " I love Audi"

Each to his own. Not that I would not buy a Merc or BMW, but an Audi is an Audi is an Audi.

I rest my case !!

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 31st March 2009 at 20:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks