Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2009, 00:25   #61
BHPian

Got her home. Just now. Will post the pics today. Is she HOT or what!
Old 1st April 2009, 01:25   #62
BHPian

Congratulations bro on your new car.
I am sure you are going to enjoy it and turn many heads in the process.
Post pics asap as an initial detailed review can come later hehe.
Also does Audi have anything like the BMW BSI ultimate package(Extended warranty and service package?).
Cheers
Old 1st April 2009, 09:15   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Oh yeah, about Audi Drive Select. It is a 2.4L option on the 3.2, unavailable for the 2.0.

Adding up the numbers, a fully speced 3.2FSI costs ~45L ex-showroom Mumbai. This is without the 18" wheels and the the rear seat entertainment option (who's gonna sit in the backseat in this rocket anyhow). Yikes, that is expensive :o

yikes it is. wow every indulgence has its own price tag.

even without the so called "options" i think the audi looks darn sexy!!! thanks for the info immortalz!

Last edited by Caramelo : 1st April 2009 at 09:23.
Old 1st April 2009, 11:59   #64
BHPian

She's home!!

The options are more for the interiors. Exterior wise the only thing i miss out is the Quattro Badge and 18" wheels as options. I have upgraded to 17" anyways.

For the showroom experience, once the formalities were complete , we got delivery at 9 PM. She still has one trip to the workshop pending. For polishing and Sun film and getting the permanent registration plates put up.

The pics have been taken by a Cell Cam, so quality is not great ATM. But i promise good quality pics up soon

The car is 'prima facie' bigger than the 3 series or the C class. It's obvious. The side profile is long and gives an idea of how long the car really is. As i said, the wheels are 17" up from the 16" and they still don't look big enough. Lol. They are better than the ones on the C and 3 series though. Both looks wise and size wise.

Audi A4 2.0 TDI. EDIT : Mid-year update on page 14-photo0284.jpg

The Car looks the best in Ibis white. Discounting the Red ofcourse. Bright white colour as compared to the conventional duller whites found on the A6 Q7 and the likes, White LED's , White Alloys. And it makes heads turn. She looks like an angel come down from heaven. Beautiful gracefull yet radiating an aura of power. Specially the agressive front.

Audi A4 2.0 TDI. EDIT : Mid-year update on page 14-photo0281.jpg

The Back though gracefull and good looking i belive is a bit too regressive for the agressive front. However the car over all is gracefull and lines are good. The sholder lines are clean and there is very little to find fault with her lines. Which and simple yet taunt and graceful and not too prone to contraversy.

Audi A4 2.0 TDI. EDIT : Mid-year update on page 14-photo0280.jpg

What really got me onto the A4 besides the exteriors are the interiors. Plush leather coupled with an attractive well laid out dashboard, though a few switches do feel a bit delicate, i'm sure that becuase im just not used to soft plastics. lol

Audi A4 2.0 TDI. EDIT : Mid-year update on page 14-photo0282.jpg

The backspace is class leading for this size of the vehicle. Two people sit with absolute comfort, the third one gets to be slightly uncomfortable. Can't help it. The armrest isnt exactly a very comfortable backrest. The rear A/c vents have thier own temperature controls.

Audi A4 2.0 TDI. EDIT : Mid-year update on page 14-photo0287.jpg

I maintained that what drew me to the A4 over the 3 series and the benz is the sheer quality and the feel and the looks. The car is generously equipped. More so than the competitors. Some very well thought out conviniances. I like. The MMI has buttons all over the Dash. I like. Makes the dash look 'full' but navigation is not a pain. Its way easier than the Old gen Idrive so much so that the new Idrive is influenced by the MMI. For the sole driver, everything he needs is in the Driver info window right on the trip meter, from the music play list to the bluetooth options, acessed by controls on the steering. The rotory knobs i feel are better than conventional buttons for scrolling though the menu from the steering wheel. Everything looks are feels nice. Something befitting a 35L price tag more so than the 'C' which feels a dissapointment in this department. The car comes with Tri-zone A/c as standard. The lighting package is very good, with plenty of reading lights, footwell illumination and thoughtfull touches that make owning this car feel 'different'.

Audi A4 2.0 TDI. EDIT : Mid-year update on page 14-photo0286.jpg

The car is driven by the 2.0 TDI. Its VWAG's first hands at CRDI after dumping the Pd technology. The car starts with a small snarl and gives an unmistable diesel hum. I like. It does not seep into the cockpit. 320 Nm of torque , 142 BHP is what i eblive good enough. I dint get to press the accelerator more than 10% on my drive from Mahalaxmi Mandir back home post the Pooja and this was at 11 pm. Was hard not to flaunt the 'break in rules'. The ride is firm and the suspension stiff. A certain amount of road feel does seep into the car. I like. It's a lot less than what the BMW does to you though. But you do not get 'isolated from the road'. That is something you appreciate when you drive. Even keeping this in mind, the car is comfy. My grandfather almost fell asleep in the back seat, comfortanly. Im sure in the BMW this would not be the case. The car masks speeds quite well and is well balanced. Does what she is supposed to with minimal fuss. At low speeds the steering is light. A boon. It weighs up well though its not as communicative as the BMw's. Nothing out of the world. But very good. The engine does urge you to push it. Maybe 16" alloys would have been better for the ride. But i'm not regretting anything!

Audi A4 2.0 TDI. EDIT : Mid-year update on page 14-photo0278.jpg

The car is quietly good looking. Thats till you turn on the LEDs. Then she looks crazy agressive. And gets the attention she deserves. People look. And not too many people come close.

Audi A4 2.0 TDI. EDIT : Mid-year update on page 14-photo0288.jpg

At night the Dash looks lifted straight from a fighter jet. It's a lot less complicated that it looks and its got enough toys to keep the geek in you chuckle with glee!!

Audi A4 2.0 TDI. EDIT : Mid-year update on page 14-photo0289.jpg

One last thing. Post 11 most people dont stop at a signal. Even if you stop they either honk are go from the side. I stopped. Guess what. Not only the cars behind me stopped, even the cars in the next lane stopped till the signal went green. Just something about these cars i guess!

She looks good - Check her out!!

Audi A4 2.0 TDI. EDIT : Mid-year update on page 14-photo0291.jpg

Sorry for the pic quality. Any questions will be entertained. She still has to get her tints and polish which will be in a day or two with permanent plates. Wont be driving her till then. More Pics will come up later!

Request to Mods. Can the thread title be re-edited?
'Vorsprung durch Technik' - Am loving it! Pics on page 5.

Thank you!

Last edited by redeff : 1st April 2009 at 12:04.
redeff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2009, 12:03   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
owning an audi is very exclusive stuff.
--------
congratulations. man. take care of her!!
I believe that is different now. Lot of A4's on the streets on A'bad. A4 diesel is a very common for those spending 30+ on cars. Car market is getting mature now. I agree with you that people still fancy BMW and MERC more showhow.
Old 1st April 2009, 12:26   #66
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Redeff on getting the car. Your love for the car is quite evident from the wonderful posts Here's wishing you many happy KMs & a cherished ownership
Old 1st April 2009, 12:41   #67
BHPian

Lot of A4's, but the Benz and the BMW's outsell them 4:1 easy. Besides, your talking figuratively. Maybe there are a lot more A4s on the road today. But trust me they are still rare. We say that there are plenty of Benzs and Bimmers on the road. Lets put it this way. Across all models Audi sold 1000 units or so, Banz a 3.5k Units or so. In the whole year. Across the country. Across its model range.

They are still exclusive. And they are still all show stoppers .

And i'm in love!
Old 1st April 2009, 18:19   #68
Senior - BHPian

Congrats redeff! :-)
Old 1st April 2009, 18:21   #69
Senior - BHPian

Lovely car man, surely has SO much more presence than the 3 or the C. Or if u want more presence, just switch on those led's when the sun goes down

The 3 and the C are surely head turners, but this one is a total show stopper! Enjoy it man!!

Last edited by karthik247 : 1st April 2009 at 18:25.
Old 1st April 2009, 18:21   #70
Senior - BHPian

Nothing less than fantastic.
The car spells beauty. Hoping a good experience with Audi for you
A Great Choice.

Do Post some car and Daytime running lights pics in the day.
Old 1st April 2009, 18:50   #71
Senior - BHPian

redeff, congrats!
The car is a stunner! The colour of the seats is really nice, and goes well with the exterior.
Enjoy

looking forward to more pics in daytime!

cheers
Old 1st April 2009, 19:03   #72
BHPian

Congrats redeff, the car indeed looks great. IMHO only Audi has retained the clean flowing lines of Teutonic design out of the three German brands (guys please dont flame me for this!)

Wish you many miles of happy and safe motoring with your 'angel'.

Last edited by Volt : 1st April 2009 at 19:05.
Old 1st April 2009, 19:23   #73
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations are in order redeff for aquiring this B E A U T I F U L peice of machinery. Enjoy many miles of motoring Nirvana !!!!

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 1st April 2009 at 19:25.
Old 1st April 2009, 20:21   #74
BHPian

Congrats Redef on this super ride!
this is a very sensible buy among the three german brands in the entry level segment for sure. it has woderful interiors and good amount of leg space too..

but I wish audi offered a little more powerful engine and not the same one as the cheaper passat and and even cheaper superb! just a tweaked up unit would have been better. because the other option is the 3.0 diesel which is a much bigger and also going to be more expensive..

somehow audi strikes the right balance between the merc and the beemer by giving good performance and comfy ride at the same time. if the merc C class would have had a better legroom like this a4, then it would have been a killer option as mercedes makes best suspension setup suitable for indian roads.

btw, that interior color looks damn sexy!
Old 1st April 2009, 20:41   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I believe that is different now. Lot of A4's on the streets on A'bad. A4 diesel is a very common for those spending 30+ on cars. Car market is getting mature now. I agree with you that people still fancy BMW and MERC more showhow.
I'll believe the A4s are 'common' when the A4 outsells the '800 and all of us on this forum own one! Until then... Redeff please accept my envious congratulations!

Most Viewed