Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2009, 02:21   #106
BHPian

Hey Redef I started on this thread rather late. Congratulations on your new baby and whoa she is a stonker. Impressive level of detailing you put on the decision as well as shared on the thread. Some writing skills you have on the cars to wife's comparo

With all the passion you had stocked making you way to the A4, am sure you are enjoying the ownership thoroughly. Have a great time and careful while ripping or pitting it
Old 4th April 2009, 10:30   #107
BHPian

Drove her extensively yesterday will getting her back from the Chembur workshop. Left at around 6:30 so got a taste of the real traffic heading back towards the island city along with a few open fly over stretches.

She does it well. The auto hold function is very convenient. Save you from keeping the car in neutral or park for extended periods or from keeping your foot down on the brake.

She is large and it shows. However the mirror retract has already proved very useful. The car gets me stares even at carter rd. )The un official hot car hub' north of Malabar hill. ) The handles like a charm.

The CVT Has 8 forward gears in the Manual mode. ( The last being the over drive or maybe the last few being the overdrive). On the 8th , she was revving at little around 1k RPM doing around 110 - 110 KMPH. Mind you, i had put the ratio up myself manually. She redlines at about 4.5k RPM. and the 320 nm of torque is available all the way from 1.5k RPM. GTO's benz still has 20Nm torque more than me. And his benz is the older gen. 220. Plus my car is bigger and heavier. However i find the acceleration sufficient for most purposes though i have never taken her above 3k RPM yet ( breaking in ). She has done around 420 Km on the clock.

The Trip meter is very usefull doubling up as a mini - MMI. Helps me not get my eyes to the MMI. Still have to get used to it. The back seat comefort is good. The suspension seemed a bit hard earlier, but seems fine now. Plus , it gets better with speed.
Old 4th April 2009, 13:00   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
Request to Mods. Can the thread title be re-edited?
'Vorsprung durch Technik' - Am loving it! Pics on page 5.

Thank you!
Redeff congrats on the beauty. She's gorgeous especially with those LEDs on. Just lovely!

Very well written post too. I could actually feel your excitement. Guess you may have wanted to tuck her under your pillow at night for safe keeping. I used to do that to my Matchbox cars as 5 year old kid.

Good luck mate!

Rgds,
Old 4th April 2009, 16:39   #109
BHPian

Is there any good place where i can get Plastic matting ( Rain proof) , Mirror locks , polish , turtle wax , good cloth to clean the car etc. ? And a car cover? I need a reliable source. Thank you!
Old 5th April 2009, 17:47   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
Is there any good place where i can get Plastic matting ( Rain proof) , Mirror locks , polish , turtle wax , good cloth to clean the car etc. ? And a car cover? I need a reliable source. Thank you!
Get a Du Pont Tyvek cover and Meguair's NXT Tech Wax + NXT car wash. Use only microfibre cloth to dry and polish the car. You'll see the difference.

Rgds,
Old 5th April 2009, 17:58   #111
BHPian

Do i pick them off the counter from hypercity? Or somewhere else?
Old 5th April 2009, 23:43   #112

dude just go inside hypercity and go to section of car care and the salesman there will guide you
Old 5th April 2009, 23:55   #113
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful car bro.
Enjoy the drive and take care of her.
Old 7th April 2009, 01:54   #114
BHPian

hey ReDeFf,...,your new baby is looking amazingly gorgeous in that white!

I'm sure you are noticing heads-turned, all around on the road, with your sunglasses on so they cannot see what you are seeing! 'Know what i mean?!'

Get nice detailing work done regularly and do not get carried away by the white exterior which kind of hides all the swirl marks which may end up with time. Regular detailing right from the beginning would keep your OOOO's paintwork ooze what its supposed to..

Cheers man!
Old 7th April 2009, 18:53   #115
BHPian

Congratulations Redeff. Please share the ownership experience after few thousand kms.

RV
Old 8th April 2009, 10:32   #116
GTO
Team-BHP Support

How did you find the CVT, redeff? Any noticeable lag? Is it supportive of sudden acceleration requirements?
Old 8th April 2009, 12:38   #117
glenn

Congrats redeff on your new A4 , I love the looks of the car , safe driving

Old 8th April 2009, 21:37   #118
BHPian

She seems to perform well enough. I have never really had a huge stretch of road or needed to do crazy overtaking ( Read : Highway driving ) so as to really get a feel of her. . I have never yet felt the need to take the accelerator anyway beyond the 50% mark for the overtaking. However her test probably would be a coast to Mahabaleshwar or something which would give me a better idea of her capability. The lag post pressing the pedal down is maybe a second, till you are pushed forward. Again, without drama of any kind.

Any more and you shall tail end the car in front of you on the western express highway, or maybe chomp of the back of a flirty rickshaw playing "catch me if you can" across the lanes. The Multitronic impresses. The only way to gauge that you have changed the gear is well, the falling tacho needle. As i said , the CVT goes into overdrve the second it detects sedate driving and eight forward ratios to play around with is a lot, so well the second lagg between the cruising along peacefully and barreling down the side of an over sized dumpster is forgiven. However, the real test will happen on a highway. Probably after the run in period. No real trace of the so called 'rubber band effect' yet. I maybe wrong, but i found the Multitronic a bit more responsive that the 3 series Tranny. But then whats a few nano-seconds between the Germans?

She does mask speed well, when shes not on a large stretch of land, but not as well as the 3 does. But then again, she does not shake around that much on slightly worse off roads either.

Last edited by redeff : 8th April 2009 at 21:42.
Old 9th April 2009, 00:06   #119
BHPian

BEAUTIFUL CAR!! My God! I am in LOVE!!!
The LED's are so AWESOME and the sclupted structure is just amazing!!
Truly Awe-Inspiring!!
Old 10th April 2009, 21:36   #120
BHPian

congrats on your new car. the audi looks stunning in white.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks