Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2009, 00:28   #151
BHPian

Audi / BMW secure are not extended warranty plans, they are a part of the Insurance plans that cover even those accidental damages that normal insurance would not, eg. Rubber Parts. I believe they give you 100% of the repairing charges. Need to re-check. Ps. If your car get totaled, they give you a new car. Extra premium however has to be paid for this facility.
Old 5th May 2009, 00:49   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
That my friend is the understatement of the day. Just wondering how much the Damages will be now...
Redeff, sorry to see that. Not to an Audi. Fortunately I drive mine in the US.

Don't taxis/taxi owners/taxi companies have their insurance? If it is their fault, don't their insurance companies cover your damages?

Whatever the type insurance may be - comprehensive or liability, the insurance company must cover the damages to the other car if their (policy holder) car is at fault. Doesn't it work this way?
Old 5th May 2009, 12:13   #153
GTO
Team-BHP Support

OUCH! That's gotta hurt. We feel your pain, Redeff. But what's done is done. Focus on getting the car back to showroom condition. Sit on the dealers head; ensure that the paint matches & overall job quality is perfect. Get the manager's attention to this and make it clear that you will not accept a finish any less than factory level. A pump damaged the door of my Benz last year. Auto Hangar did a fabulous repair job, when I look at the car today, I am completely oblivious to the damage that once was. Don't sweat too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
GTO recently got his dents fixed by some machine that uses an electronic suction. Maybe you could give that a shot, it will be more cost effective but I am not sure if it will work for a dent this big.
Nope, won't work for this kind of damage. The suction machine is best for a single point dent (merely pulls the metal back out). However, while it does take away 80 - 90% of the dent in some cases, a certain amount of metal unevenness remains.

Last edited by GTO : 5th May 2009 at 12:16.
Old 6th May 2009, 00:17   #154
BHPian

Will get the car to the Workshop ASAP. Well she was lucky, she got hit early, but at least her first month was pain free.
Old 6th May 2009, 00:36   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I thought BMW secure is nothing but a extended warranty right?
Nope ! There is a big confusion about Secure and BSI. They are two seperate things.

BSI covers all consumables and extends warranty so you pay almost nothing to maintain the car.

Secure on the other hand is roped in with your insurance. It cost 70,000 per year and to top it up you must take their specific insurance company's policy. And we all know how much margin dealers make on insurance ! On my last BMW, my insurance company gave me a rate exactly half of what the dealer qouted. All that secure does is pays for the parts which normal insurance doesn't or asks you for contribution, such as 50% of rubber parts etc. But you have to claim insurance to claim your secure benifits. Hence you loose no claim bonus. Only time insurance doesn't get claimed is when you have a damaged tyre, a certain number per year will be replaced free.
IMO, Secure is a rip off.
Old 6th May 2009, 00:42   #156
BHPian

Considering the cost of repairing most of these babies, i think secure seems to be a decent idea. However, lets see how things pan out.
Old 7th May 2009, 12:43   #157
BHPian

Okay, it's bad news. Apprently the joint between the outset frame and inner frame of the door has been damaged, hence they will be replacing the door on the whole. On the other hand the insurance should cover the entire thing. It's irritating. She is just one month old.
Old 7th May 2009, 14:13   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Okay, it's bad news. Apprently the joint between the outset frame and inner frame of the door has been damaged, hence they will be replacing the door on the whole. On the other hand the insurance should cover the entire thing. It's irritating. She is just one month old.
Sorry to hear that. These guys need a spanking. Basically i don't blame the taxi driver or the auto guy or the 2 wheeler or the tempo driver or the truck driver. I blame the licence issuing authorities the RTO's. Getting a licence is a joke in India where no traffic rules are followed & not even taught. My sister who is a very very good driver, got as licence in Dubai after failing once. Thats why, in our family, we never tend to buy more expensive cars and stick to the more practical, smaller & compacts. Doesn't make sense, not worth it.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 7th May 2009 at 14:14. Reason: typos
Old 10th May 2009, 22:52   #159
BHPian

I'v been given a quotation of 70k out of which aprox 35k are for the door and 35k labor. The door has been ordered, will take a week to arrive apparently.
Old 10th May 2009, 22:57   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'v been given a quotation of 70k out of which aprox 35k are for the door and 35k labor. The door has been ordered, will take a week to arrive apparently.
So Audi Secure covers the full amount? Or do you have to pay a little from your pocket as well?
Old 11th May 2009, 09:47   #161
BHPian

The full amount. The detailed talks are still on.
Old 11th May 2009, 09:57   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's been a month. And it's happened. While taking a turn outside Lilavati at around 10 Pm today , a Taxi banged right into my side. Luckily he managed to hit the breaks, but not enough. There is a BIG ugly dent in the car, luckily no paint loss, but i am misrable and angry. Just felt so helpless, i was hardly crawling along, almost at a standstill and this bugger just bashes the hell into me. No idea how much it is going to cost to repair but this is not good. My beloved has got into get first mishap. As i said, not good. Not good at all. But the feeling of helplessness you get when you loved one is so brutally mauled. No words to express it. None.

I can just say that the feeling of being helpless in thees cases do hurt a lot. As if it leaves a permanent scar. Its really bad to see this. I was rear ended in M800 when I braked gently to avoid a biker. He was on mobile or was drunk.

1) Did you notice the number of the car ?
2) Did he run away ?

Fortunately the paint is not damaged and shows the quality of the car, else these are accompanied with some paint damage. But when the car is repaired, I think there might be some damage to the paint. Then again the cost of painting the door and fender might be there.
Old 11th May 2009, 11:33   #163
BHPian

I got the Number of the taxi guy and we had a confrontation however there was little we could do for it and being a law student i know the implications of coming down to blows. However, life goes on. it's a cabbie, a hundred cars probably end up getting scars daily thanks to them or the Auto wallahs.
Old 11th May 2009, 14:34   #164
BHPian

redeff i can feel the anger and pain you must be going through. If this had happened to me i would have beaten the sh*t out of that guy even though i'm aware of the complications. But at that moment i would have just tormented that guy.
Though i must agree that you have shown commendable maturity while handling the whole situation. Hope you and your car get over it soon with minimal setback.
Old 11th May 2009, 15:30   #165
Senior - BHPian

35K for labor is a bit too much IMHO. You don't get that much labor quoted for a medium sized accident repair. Surely they don't fly down Audi's own mechanics and pay them in Gold doubloons per hour...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks