Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2009, 09:19   #121
BHPian

I realized just how special she is yesterday!! had taken her out at Around 4:30, spent a good 100 Km in her, all city driving. A certain hopefully to be 'special' someone was taken for a drive, which lasted for 4 hours instead of 4 hours instead of 15 minutes. Which involved a lot of aimless driving down Ballard estate which was empty due to the lack of traffic with soft music playing a non-stop conversation the interiors easily give a five star hotel a run for thier money, what with the quality, comfort and the moon roof besides town architecture is amazing!!.

Not that there was a lot traffic , but she does insulate the sound well, you can hear her growl when you push down the Pedal, but she responds with urgency then. Apparently she is just a second or a second and a half later to the 320D. I don't really mind, but its the way she does it that i like, It's effortless and better still its the superb poise she carries into the leaping forward, with no drama or fuss, reminds me of a Panther. Ps. The entire drive cost me lesser than a dinner at a five star with amazing Ambiance and comfort ( Does Diesel Economy rule or what! ). The moon roof and the Instrument cluster at night imparts it a very classy sporty feel. Plus i get to play what music i want .

Another friend of mine just kept saying how hot she is how she prefers her to the BMW 5 series that is packed in her garage!! Now that's compliment worth having!

Used the bluetooth hands free properly for the first time. gave me no trouble, clarity is superb and is very easy to use from the steering mounted controls. However while returning back home, the car lost the bluetooth connection twice. Slightly irritating right in the middle of the convo , when i thought it disconnected.

Driving her back , i drove her the way she is ment to. For a FWD car she drives like a dream, handling is precise and the light steering weighs up well as the speeds increase. Braking is amazing. ( had slammed the brakes hard a couple of times, cops have this habbit of stopping traffic at night when signals are down, the car next to me got tail ended on Marine drive as the traffic behind did not see the cop who was standing right in middle of the intersection and the signal was free! Lucky me! ) The ABs cuts in feels funny the few times (As if the nose has jerked down and hit something repeatedly :P ) Well , she urges you to push harder, and im supremely confident with her already, in city or out, she grown on you quickly and you feel at home with her faster than the other cars. There is plenty of power when you need it by suddenly pressing the pedal down, the needle drops into the proper rev band andd she surges ahead. ( Looking Menacing all the time at night with those crazy LED's scaring the H*ll out of everyone when seen in their rear view mirror! haha ).

The gear box is quick and does it's duty well. However the surge takes a second or two in coming. The shifting in manual is not instant like on the Dsg, and while fast acceleration, post shifting gears, the tacho needle rises a good 500 clicks before falling down again. ( Still trying very hard to keep the engine below 3K RPM mark, passed it once or twice though, can't help it).

Oh, am still lovin it!!

Last edited by redeff : 11th April 2009 at 09:23.
Old 12th April 2009, 00:35   #122
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Not to mention, the A4 seems to have made you quite a writer as well . Let's have a Lonavla breakfast run sometime soon. Can't wait to see her in person.
Old 12th April 2009, 10:52   #123
BHPian

They say when you have passion it shows. And though i'm passionate about cars in general, some cars just manage to ender themselves to you!
Old 16th April 2009, 15:01   #124
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 16th April 2009 at 18:03.
sandeep.mishra is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th April 2009, 18:22   #125
BHPian

hey redeff its really nice to read how affectionate you are to your A4.What mileage you get in crazy traffic?Drive safe!
Old 16th April 2009, 19:19   #126
Senior - BHPian

Damn.
Its like speaking your heart out and then adding the Audi Logo to it

I agree the LED Lights look deadly and are nothing less than killer.

Enjoy the Vorsprung-Durch-Technik experience.
Old 21st April 2009, 18:35   #127
BHPian

hey redeff can you please post some interior pics!!
Old 21st April 2009, 20:17   #128
BHPian

Sure will, give me a little time will you, will give you the milage figures too
Old 22nd April 2009, 04:27   #129
Team-BHP Support

Audi's changed

Just caught this thread. What a beautiful car!

The re-vamped A4 absolutely outshines the current Mercedes C-Class and the BMW 3 Series on the looks front.

Glad you're enjoying your new aquisition.

How's the white colour fighting off Mumbai's pollution so far?
Old 23rd April 2009, 22:18   #130
BHPian

Congratulations pal...you've got a stunner. I just cant stop drooling over the pics you've posted.
Old 1st May 2009, 10:52   #131
BHPian

She just came back from a lovely 1200 Km or so drive to Belgaum and back. It broke my heart to see her go away ( Just two days ) . My parents took her. Apparently that was the first time my driver got his hands on her and he was ecstatic. given charge of taking care of her he told me many a story of people coming and taking her snaps and saying how beautiful she looked and how they had never seen a car like her. Ofcourse, she did steal the limelight even while cruising around at a lazy 120 on the lovely 6 lane highway that is the Mumbai Bangy Highway which extends from the expressway. However she did manage to take the wrong step and get a nail in her tyre ( More of a pin size hole actually ) which made her loose air on a regular basis , albeit very slowly. She came back to Mumbai rather easily stopping once for Air. Even then she gave a mileage figures of around 13-14 (Tank full method) on the highway. The changing of the tyres is a slow and Elaborate process with a different spring even for the hubcap that covers the bolts that are too be screwed.. blah blah. I had to refer to the instructions manual to help the tyre guy remove the tyre. Post this , the repair of the tubeless cost me a cool 250 Rs. which are my first damages cost on this vehicle ( except palatable fuel costs ). Touch wood, she is unblemished till now and running fine.

Am using Hugo from Hugo boss as a cologne cum freshener for her. I like. With this trip the running in is finally over. Now, the fun begins.

Last edited by redeff : 1st May 2009 at 10:54.
Old 1st May 2009, 11:40   #132
Senior - BHPian

you really seem to be enjoying her to the fullest!
Similarly I enjoy reading your posts, always well written.

cheers
Old 1st May 2009, 16:28   #133
Senior - BHPian

so now your track with GTO for Lonavala is set ?
Old 1st May 2009, 23:01   #134
BHPian

Got exams in Mid may and Early June. CA and Law are both demanding courses my friend. But surely i hope GTO will let me take him up on his offer post that.
Old 2nd May 2009, 12:18   #135
BHPian

Congrats Redef ! I read your posts today and am happy that you finally have a masterpiece in your garage . Also Wish you the Best for your exams ! Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks