Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2009, 21:31   #166
BHPian

They are replacing the whole door and removing the dents ect.
Old 18th May 2009, 12:38   #167
Senior - BHPian

Labor charges are calculated based on the number of hours they have to work. Considering they are replacing the door and removing dents in two (?) panels, it seems quite excessive.

Anyway, is she back with you?
Old 18th May 2009, 13:36   #168
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
But the feeling of helplessness you get when you loved one is so brutally mauled. No words to express it. None.
redeff, I totally understand what you are going thru. When I was at my farm a few weeks back a monkey decided to emluate American superbowl players and tried to play catch with a huge coconut that promptly landed on the roof of my car with a loud thud.

The dent was not all that bad, but the emotional hurt was a lot more.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 22nd May 2009, 00:47   #169
BHPian

Just got back from a Puna trip as my law papers just got over today. Dad hence drove from Panvel as well, he loves driving. He was to give me the keys in a little while, but frankly a little while saw us at the end of the expressway at Puna. How ever i got my chance while returning from Puna.

Few observations:-
1. Sports mode not only holds on to the gears for longer but also makes the throttle resposnse sharper. Car feels a lot more firm and frankly makes a lovely growl that is missing in 'D' mode.

2. There was excessive noise seeping into the cabin as the dent is still not fixed.

3. During the Ghat section i got a bit of the nose heavy feel while turning at certain speeds. Nothing alarming at all, just that i'd have loved quattro for that feel.

4. A rough mileage of around 14-15 was got on the highway with the A/C on. The car has done 2500 Km now.

4. Dad is smitten with the car. It's not just a great drive or a great ride, it just does everything so well. Besides the interiors exude a proper luxury car feel. The legroom is great too. He calls the Car "business class" as compared to the benz or the BMW.

5. She looks hot. Period.
Old 22nd May 2009, 09:43   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5. She looks hot. Period.
This sums it all. do we need to say anything

Last edited by tanwaramit : 22nd May 2009 at 09:45.
Old 25th May 2009, 11:49   #171
BHPian

Hi redeff any updates on whether you have to pay anything or final cost?
A4 is a good car glad to see that you dad feels that it is a business class as opposed to 3/C.
Cheers
PS: I can feel your pain. Also had 2-3 close calls with my 3 but got lucky
Old 25th May 2009, 23:43   #172
BHPian

The door has just come through, how ever dad is in the US so the repairing will take a few more days ( Dad will have to sign the Claim ). The bill comes around to 70K or so. We shall have to pay the cost of consumables only ( which has been said shall be Aprox 1k or so. ) as informed by the service adviser.
Old 23rd July 2009, 22:15   #173
BHPian

Got her back a month back, but been a bit busy now a days. Anyways the update. Audi secure took care of the entire bill , we just had to pay 1k for some charges. She looks as good as new. Im Loving the sports mode though, they change her character subtly but at an obvious level. There is a lot more feel to the suspension, seems to firm up a bit the power delivery goes amazingly linear. But the icing on the cake is the growl. In S mode the car growls like the devil ( would have been crazy if she was the 3.0 , but then again, im obsessed ). Awesome!!!
Old 24th July 2009, 16:32   #174
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Audi secure took care of the entire bill , we just had to pay 1k for some charges.
Neat! It's these kind of customer-centric packages that are drawing customers to BMW & Audi. When will Merc learn?

Quote:
But the icing on the cake is the growl. In S mode the car growls like the devil
Lets hear that growl on a Sunday morning lonavla brunch run?
Old 25th July 2009, 05:05   #175
BHPian

HI,
redeff, I just wanted to know about audi secure. What is it cover and how much do i need to pay since i am considering buying one in few weeks time.
I am not even thinking of the c class or the 3 series. Might go for the 1.8t.
Old 25th July 2009, 07:49   #176
BHPian

Why ever not? Let's plan something out!!
Old 18th August 2009, 01:11   #177
rjain_jld

does anyone know how much extra one has to pay for Bang & Olufsen sound system because i am planning to buy A4 soon.

Old 19th August 2009, 22:51   #178
BHPian

Around 1L extra. It's available only on the 3.2FSI and the 3.0 TDI though. Not on the 2.0 or would have taken it!!
Old 19th August 2009, 23:09   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got her back a month back, but been a bit busy now a days. Anyways the update. Audi secure took care of the entire bill , we just had to pay 1k for some charges. She looks as good as new. Im Loving the sports mode though, they change her character subtly but at an obvious level. There is a lot more feel to the suspension, seems to firm up a bit the power delivery goes amazingly linear. But the icing on the cake is the growl. In S mode the car growls like the devil ( would have been crazy if she was the 3.0 , but then again, im obsessed ). Awesome!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Neat! It's these kind of customer-centric packages that are drawing customers to BMW & Audi. When will Merc learn?

Lets hear that growl on a Sunday morning lonavla brunch run?
Exactly. That was great of Audi.

IIRC, Toyota too has similar plans when it comes to claims.
Old 20th August 2009, 14:18   #180
rjain_jld

Thanks for your reply i'm planing for A4 2.0 tfsi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks