Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 17:36   #901
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
It is because we did have one of our test mules with red exterior color & coral red interiors, It looked really bad & started hurting my cornea & pupils. It looked pathetic.

Someone suggested at ford India that if red with coral is going to be sold then we would have to price it slightly higher owing to the expenses of free ray-bans that we would have to give along with it.
Please post that pics. We all like to see how it looked.
Old 16th March 2010, 17:51   #902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Exactly - Sales guys are under tremendous pressure. After TD, they ask "Saar - Are you booking now, please sit". If you say "not now". They loose interest immediately (to an extent accepted - they work for targets and not to give TD's "chumma - just like that").
In the sales industry, they adhere to something called the 'Law of Averages'.
For every 'x' number of walk ins/ test drives, there is one confirmed booking.
So, the dealership would prefer a busy TD car.

PLUS, There's always 'word of mouth' so its not necessary that a person "chumma test driving" won't be responsible for a sale.

Do you know that in countries like the US, Companies actually PAY people ($25) to test drive a car?
Its marketing
Old 16th March 2010, 18:02   #903
BHPian

just Tded both petrol and diesel today.
The diesel as reviewed by GTO is very much driveable.refinement levels not a worry.Didnt notice the shudder on switching off.
Petrol has oodles of turbo lag and best for a sedate driving.
both engines sounded a lot less during td than earlier when i had revved them stationary a week back.
Ride quality good,bit stiff at low speeds and comfort levels are 90% of a fiesta.Think 185/65 are best option especially for diesel.
Stereo needs an additional tweeter up front and replacement of rear door speakers with aftermarket ones on the parcel tray to sound perfect.
All in all TD removed apprehensions i had after booking it without a TD.
Design seems to grow on you slowly.
PVS ford had all colors on display.
In flesh the best lookers are red>chill>black=grey>squeeze=white>silver
Alloys were bit bland,probably will stick with aftermarket ones.
Accesories enroute to dealer.will post pics of spoiler/scuff plates in few days
went ahead with titanium tdci inspite of monthly running of 600k because of poor petrol mileage and performance.
delivery probably month end as dealer plans a function involving a mass giveaway of 100 cars.
special mention PVS had 5 TD cars.so no worry on yours being TDed like hell by someone before.Actually in due course for selection of car involving TD of most hatchbacks at calicut only ford and ritz was a proper TD vehicle.Rest were all ones picked at random from yard.God help those who bought them.
Old 16th March 2010, 18:06   #904
BHPian

Ford Figo - TD on Habba

A lucky day for me , no I wasnt proposed by any Hot Blore chicks , neither did I get any 50 % hike after recession ! But yea i could testdrive the two cars which are the hotest topics of the motoring world . To make it better , I did it back to back . One from the Bannargetta road ford showroom and the other from the Hosur road VW showroom .

I thought being a Habba , there wont be much of a rush for testdrives . But the reality was different , I saw many families and couples rushin near the dispaly vehicle to get in and check this new car out . After that initial rush , I managed to get closer to the vehicle to see the killer ( in its pricing ) in flesh .

Looks :-
Mixed feelings , I really dint like the front , the new design that Ford has implemented in fiesta and Ikon , I am not a fan of it . No complaints though . The view from the side and rear is decent . Nothing revolutionary , but would work for the indian masses .
Another thing that I noticed was the tyres , the 175/65 R14 Appolo accelere does look great on this vehicle. One wouldnt be forced to upsize the tyre to enhace the looks . I really hate the way in which a Swift VDi or a Ritz VDi looks with its stock tyres.

However I did notice that the vehicle for test drive had good year tyres and it was a let down in its looks department . I checked it with the sales manager and he informed that this depends on the lot that the showroom recieves from the factory and its upon ones luck to get Appolo or good year :(

Interior space and Quality :-
Space, its another area where Figo scores over all the competition in its segment . Rear leg room is amble even when the front seats are pushed back to its maximum . The floor is almost flat and it makes the 3rd person to sit with decent comfort . ( Unlike that in Polo - one of its let down ) .Even in front the space is good enough for a tall person . The gear lever positioning wasnt that great as I had to lean a bit for changing the gear , after I position the vehicle seat for a comfortable position.

At the rear , the seats doesnt have adjustable headrest / power windows .

Plastic quality is 'ok' . Atleast the feel is good , not so sure of the real 'quality '. Not great as polo's. Especially I dint like the interior door opener of Figo . Noting much to complain about here as ford is giving a very good package overall .

Ride :-
Awesome !! The turbo kicks around below 2000 rpm and its not sudden as we saw in the swift DDis .Decent handling , good breaking .
The vehicle didnot feel that it was carrying 4 people with AC switched on . Of course without AC its much more faster . I did feel the turbo lag ,many a times when i had to take U turns / a sudden stop start in 2nd gear .

The suspension is not as firm as in Polo , so it would be reflected in the handling department for some enthusiast driving .

To conclude , my friend who was looking for a vehicle booked Ford figo , after test driving , beat , Figo and Polo . He booked Zxi - White - diesel .
5.92 On road Blore .

A question here on his behalf for the gurus , would 185 / 60 / R 15 be a good upgrade for the tyres in case he gets a Good year tyre ?Would a spacer be required in the rear as the suspension is not that firm ?
Old 16th March 2010, 18:32   #905
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post

PLUS, There's always 'word of mouth' so its not necessary that a person "chumma test driving" won't be responsible for a sale.

Do you know that in countries like the US, Companies actually PAY people ($25) to test drive a car?
Its marketing
Yes, but real conversion from TD to a sale depends on lot of other factors.

US System is totally different. Especially in Auto, it is a big question that how do they manage new car segment, Used car segment & off course their great Rental Segment.
Old 16th March 2010, 18:49   #906
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
A lot of girls/wives would opt for the Squeeze with coral combo & maybe even a few men would like it.
I am among the first list. Not only me, my wife too liked the Squeeze - Coral combination.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image_937.jpg

Me behind the sales executive:
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image_936.jpg
Leg space where my wife was sitting:
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image_938.jpg

Very good leg space for the dimension. Impressive car.

Drove the diesel.
Old 16th March 2010, 20:16   #907
BHPian

Oh boy.. i do envy Aditya (He said his showroom has cars of all colours on display)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
Fellow Bengalureans .. have any of you visited multiple Ford showrooms? If so, which one would u recommend w.r.t the number of cars on display and good customer service? (Today, Metro Ford St. Marks Road, had only one White Petrol Zxi on display and one Sea-grey Diesel Titanium for Test Drives. Is the colour Chill on display anywhere here?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
... i could testdrive the two cars which are the hotest topics of the motoring world . To make it better , I did it back to back . One from the Bannargetta road ford showroom ... ?
Could u tell us about the various colours of Figo that are on display or TD at Lathangi Ford (the Bannerghatta road showroom).. I am keen to see Chill in person.
Old 16th March 2010, 20:25   #908
BHPian

I'm a Ford fan, but the Figo leaves me completely cold and unimpressed.

It'll do nothing exceptionally, and everything adequately, which is fine... but what really lets this car down is it's aesthetics, or lack of them.
It just looks too... blah.

How about a raked front pillar, a crease running down the length, slightly more muscular haunches, a sportier grille, and a tail-lamp design that had a short-lived life in the nineties?

And the performance won't exactly set your pulse racing, will it? Yes, it'll be planted and assured on the road, and yes, it'll be practical on the inside... but the diesel (which is what most people will be eyeing) generates 68bhp @ 4000 rpm compared to the 75bhp that the Swift generates at the same rpm, and correspondingly lower torque as well.

Come on Ford... just because something's cheap doesn't mean it can't be cheerful.
Old 16th March 2010, 20:38   #909
Senior - BHPian

^^ It was all made to meet this price and its for the volume segment of the hatch. It may not impress the enthusiast segment.

I am happy that the Figo carries the Ford tradition of handling, ride quality & build quality for this price. However, there is more coming from Ford with time and there is one for us enthusiasts coming soon
Old 16th March 2010, 20:59   #910
Senior - BHPian

@ Mustang101. Some more queries
  • Does the diesel have hydraulic or rubber mounts?
  • Does it have the infamous 'dog bar' from the Fiesta?
Does the Titanium have
  • Rear fog lights?
  • Front seat belt pretensioner?
  • Front seat belt load limiters?

Last edited by Mpower : 16th March 2010 at 21:47.
Old 16th March 2010, 21:08   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, They do fold outwards.
are you sure the ORVM fold outwards, coz i didnt chk it and the sales person mentioned that it doesn't.
can someone planning to take a TD chk it and let us know
Old 16th March 2010, 21:22   #912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
I'm a Ford fan, but the Figo leaves me completely cold and unimpressed.

It'll do nothing exceptionally, and everything adequately, which is fine... but what really lets this car down is it's aesthetics, or lack of them.
It just looks too... blah.

How about a raked front pillar, a crease running down the length, slightly more muscular haunches, a sportier grille, and a tail-lamp design that had a short-lived life in the nineties?

And the performance won't exactly set your pulse racing, will it? Yes, it'll be planted and assured on the road, and yes, it'll be practical on the inside... but the diesel (which is what most people will be eyeing) generates 68bhp @ 4000 rpm compared to the 75bhp that the Swift generates at the same rpm, and correspondingly lower torque as well.

Come on Ford... just because something's cheap doesn't mean it can't be cheerful.
You are asking for the 2010 International Fiesta Hatch And we can guess how much it will cost if made in India

Mustang has informed that some kind of cost analysis is going on right now for the 2010 Fiesta hatch. The sedan is confirmed for 2011 Q1.
Old 16th March 2010, 21:24   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The car barely has a rear bumper. Looks like not even an inch of bumper out of the boot lid. So if any impact to the rear then the boot lid will get dented fairly easily.
Didnt you see the Front!! ITs more or less the same Maybe ford plans to make money from repairs since they are giving the car at this price
Old 16th March 2010, 21:25   #914
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review by GTO!
This really helped me in selecting the Figo as my city car!
I went through all the cars POLO, Figo, Punto, Ritz and finally booked the Figo, The review here really helped me.

On road price in Bangalore 4,52 for the EXI Petrol.
I might upgrade to the EXI. Do you guys think the ZXI being 21k more worh the deal?

The sales people at Metro Ford aren't exactly customer friendly. And to their sales team leader whom I wont name now I just don't have any thing nice to say about her too.
I could see several potential customers just walking into the showroom and checking out the car for them-selfs, and finally they had to approach the customer service desk to get a price list or some details. The same thing happened to me the first 2 times I went to the showroom. Only on the 3rd time did I finally get someone and he gave me a TD and took my booking. And yes they have only 1 white car on Display which is a ZXI.

Ford you listening to this? I hope after sales service isn't this bad!
Old 16th March 2010, 21:50   #915
BHPian

Not necessarily. Yes, the 2010/2011 Fiesta is drop dead gorgeous, but there are other cars here that look better than the Figo.

Consider the Swift - it's more than 6 years old now, and it looks better than the Figo. So do the Jazz, the i20, the Polo, and the Beat. These cars were all styled using a clean sheet of paper and were designed ground-up, like the Figo, and they have better aesthetics.

Ford's let itself down again - perhaps some consumer forums were in order. If you speak to most car enthusiasts they'll all tell you that Ford's strengths are good driving dynamics, nice touches inside the car (the electronic boot release in the Ikon, for example) and good mechanical build quality. Weaknesses are poor electricals, poor after sales, and bland and unimaginative styling both on the outside and inside. This has been the case with the Ikon (which I own and love, by the way), the Fusion, the Fiesta, and now the Figo.

And also - why will the Fiesta 2010/2011 be more expensive if it's made here? It can't be because labor's more expensive in India. It's simply because as Indians we're used to paying to much for cars. In our ignorance we often believe it's because of import duties, but the reality is something totally different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
You are asking for the 2010 International Fiesta Hatch And we can guess how much it will cost if made in India

Mustang has informed that some kind of cost analysis is going on right now for the 2010 Fiesta hatch. The sedan is confirmed for 2011 Q1.

Most Viewed