Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 10:56   #1576
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
@mkerala: Software reselling and selling cars are two different things, we can't compare apples and oranges. No offense meant
I was just trying to put a perspective towards the issue as to why the delay may be so, i may be totally wrong too. its just my take on the issue. i never said only 1 or 2 cars it was just an example.
Yes i agreed. There will be always be difference even with two similar figos it self. But both are marketing strategies and a MBA graduate will do the jod, with no difference.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:01   #1577
BHPian

Druing the travel when the cars have only driver inside, In such circumstances in RHS driving the chances of driver getting injured are very high on indian type single lane non furcated roads.

In same situation for LHS driving both drivers will be on extreme sides and chances of survival are better in the event of head on collision on non bifurcated roads.

IMHO Right hand controlling gear lever and left leg on clutch and left hand controlling steering and left fingers controlling flash/indicators are best suited for safe driving.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:02   #1578
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Like I said, drive a car with the indicators on the left side for a few days and come back here and post your views. I don't really care what that thread says. I have driven cars with indicators on the right side all my life and I feel the right position is on the left side. Especially if you are a right handed person. You never have to take your right hand off the steering wheel when you want to engage the indicators.

That's your view and I respect it. Saying airbags and ABS is not useful in the city is rather shortsighted in my opinion. I hope you had a look at the two TD cars that were crashed in Bangalore. I bet the avg speeds are even lower than 30 in Bangalore.

So did you get any update beyond the vague april 3rd week date?
I don't think that TD vehicle where 30kmph. I think it was on a highway. In my city, it is very different from other city. All twist and turn, small road with lots of gutter, less than 30cm distance between two vehicles. So can't go beyond 15kmph on a busy day and full time block.

No update from anyone regarding my car. I write to MD, customer care, no reply from them.

Last edited by mkerala : 7th April 2010 at 11:06.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:08   #1579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
I don't think that TD vehicle where 30kmph. I think it was on a highway. In my city, it is very different from other city. All twist and turn, small road with lots of gutter, less than 30cm distance between two vehicles. So can't go beyond 15kmph on a busy day and full time block.

No update from anyone regarding my car. I write to MD, customer care, no reply from them.
You mean to say you are never gonna go beyond 15 or 30 ever in your life? What are your thoughts on medical and life insurance?
Old 7th April 2010, 11:12   #1580
Senior - BHPian

mkerala from my experience write to MD in case of Ford is a joke. Forget MD, Iam sure these mails are not even seen by any senior level person. I got replies after one week and all.Mostly you receive pre recorded politically correct replies.

Last edited by poloman : 7th April 2010 at 11:16.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:37   #1581
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
You mean to say you are never gonna go beyond 15 or 30 ever in your life? What are your thoughts on medical and life insurance?
No i will surely go beyond that but not over 80 kmph as long as my father or mother with me. I use a scooter much often and need a car for more than 3 person trips or a rainy day go. My long trip in a year is limited to couple of 80km airport drive in a year or visiting my relative in Cochin couple of times a year.

So mostly, my travel is within city limits. As i have told earlier, my city is too dense and blocked, even i can't use my two wheeler there. If i use my car too much in city it will like a scratched recharge coupon. In days before festivals like x'mas and all i cannot even enter the city due to these blocks. And finally no place to park a car, not even a scooter in town. I hope one day my town get a good road.
Really , i will not be going to use my car so much. So i am very patient for last one year.

As long as i am not going to use the car much often, there is no point in investing more money for airbag and abs. If i could i will do it in a scooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
mkerala from my experience write to MD in case of Ford is a joke. Forget MD, Iam sure these mails are not even seen by any senior level person. I got replies after one week and all.Mostly you receive pre recorded politically correct replies.
Yes everyone is getting the same reply. It is very famous now. I like to read it again and again like a joke. It start with congratualtion and then a soory then boost about there sales and tell us to wait. Here it is

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Ford India. We are in receipt of your mail addressed to our Managing Director.

Firstly we thank and congratulate you for having chosen our product.We wish to inform you that there has been an overwhelming response to the new variant hence causing a huge demand which has resulted in the delay in the delivery status.We are on one hand very excited and happy with the situation,this is a situation that every car manufacturer would want to be in ,however on the other hand we sincerely regret that we are not able to immediately deliver the vehicles as per the customer demand.We promise that the wait would definitely be worth it, we will do our best to expedite the delivery process of the vehicle.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times.

Thanks & Regards,
Anitha
Customer Relations
Ford India Pvt Ltd

Last edited by Eddy : 7th April 2010 at 12:46. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:55   #1582
BHPian

What is the Figo's Petrol and Diesel versions mileage in city and in highway?

Is it good to take a Petrol version or a Diesel version from Ford?
Old 7th April 2010, 13:00   #1583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
...like a scratched recharge coupon.
LOL. Inspite of your delivery related issues, good to see your sense of humor is not lost.

Going by the details you have provided, Chennai seems to be a heaven;-}
Old 7th April 2010, 15:31   #1584
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, Are the Figo engines manufactured in India?
Old 7th April 2010, 15:34   #1585
BANNED

Quote:
Yes they are, Both of them are manufactured at chennai.
Old 7th April 2010, 15:55   #1586
BHPian

Yes, the generous Mr Alan Mulally put in $500 million in the Chennai plant.

Its also going to export these cars and engines to other countries.

Chennai - the Detroit of South India.

Quote:
Old 7th April 2010, 16:14   #1587
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@Mustang/Brix - Generic question
---How Lxi,Exi,Zxi are classified during production. My friend says cars having excellent finish (zero defect) will be moved to top end - Zxi, very less defect will be categorised as Zxi, and less defect will be branded as Lxi...
He says this is common across all manufacturers..
Is this true and if not then how are they done..
Old 7th April 2010, 16:20   #1588
BHPian

When I took the tour of the factory, they would make a base version of the car. and then add the extra parts later on. I had a one day tour only, so I dont know if this stuff happens.

I read an excellent book by Arthur Hailey - "Cars". Most people would have read it. Its a very good insight into the Auto Industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
---How Lxi,Exi,Zxi are classified during production. My friend says cars having excellent finish (zero defect) will be moved to top end - Zxi, very less defect will be categorised as Zxi, and less defect will be branded as Lxi...
Old 7th April 2010, 16:21   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
What? Are u kidding? Lxi/Exi/Zxi should be classified based on trim/equipment levels..what has that got to do with finishing?

Does that mean the same color on 2 separate levels will differ in terms of finishing? Don't think so.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:21   #1590
BANNED

Quote:
Thats funny question.

Tell your friend that don't consider cars as government rice and retail store rice.
I have seen these types of things in ration rice and retail shop rice.

If there is one defect, then it will rectified before going out of factory. Only the top end has more feature, thats the difference.

Your friend might have see fords caption "Feel the difference" and thought their cars also had difference.

Most Viewed