Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 18:57   #1726
BHPian

It'd be great if someone can throw light on the Figo's rear seat space, in terms of leg room, shoulder room and under-thigh support. Are the low-slung seats a problem for seniors? How does it compare to the Punto / Polo / i20?

Also, how easy would it be to get power-enable the rear windows and integrate them into the driver-side power window controls (if that makes any sense at all)?

The figo seems to be truly VFM but the lack of certain comforts makes the deal slightly bittersweet.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:57   #1727
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@ brix Goodyear GT3s are quite good & even better than the indian brands, My fusion has them & they are much better than the indian brands. I hope all figos come out in GT3s only.
Good year is a good US brand. It is the world 3rd largest tyre maker after Michelin (2nd) and bridgestone (Ist).

MRF and appolo are Kerala orgin tyres, even then i don't prefer it. Hope one day i get bridgestone.

Last edited by mkerala : 9th April 2010 at 18:59.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:58   #1728
BANNED

1) DTE measures real time fuel consumption, sometimes when u start it, the figure will be a tad higher than actual figure but it will get corrected once you drive it for 7-10 kms(in a single go). If you get your tank full, then it might show a little lower figure but it will be corrected once u drive around for 30-100 kms (not in a single go though)

2) There are quality tests in the hundreds, i wont tell you the list but will give you the idea of the tests on a 'completely built' figo.

The categories are:

a) Paint quality
b) fit & finish quality
c) Dyno run ( running the car on the rollers at very high RPMs)
d) Road test
e) Electricals/electronics test/inspection
f) Interior features test/inspection
g) Underbody inspection
h) Engine bay inspection
i) Boot inspection
Old 9th April 2010, 19:01   #1729
BANNED

Quote:
1) DTE measures real time fuel consumption, sometimes when u start it, the figure will be a tad higher than actual figure but it will get corrected once you drive it for 7-10 kms(in a single go). If you get your tank full, then it might show a little lower figure but it will be corrected once u drive around for 30-100 kms (not in a single go though)

2) There are quality tests in the hundreds, i wont tell you the list but will give you the idea of the tests on a 'completely built' figo.

The categories are:

a) Paint quality
b) fit & finish quality
d) Road test
g) Underbody inspection
h) Engine bay inspection
i) Boot inspection
Is this done on all figos produced? So how much time it take to build a complete figo with tested.
Old 9th April 2010, 19:06   #1730
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Is this Polo 3-Pot? 192+222=420 Is this some DTE figure
o'h no i have commit it agian. I am on a laptop so mess up with the close keys.
Old 9th April 2010, 19:09   #1731
BHPian

Goodyear GT3 it is then !

Quote:
@ brix Goodyear GT3s are quite good & even better than the indian brands, My fusion has them & they are much better than the indian brands. I hope all figos come out in GT3s only.
Old 9th April 2010, 19:10   #1732
BANNED

@mkerala : It is done on all figos produced, It takes a couple of hours on each vehicle but multiple vehicles undergo these tests at the same time.
Old 9th April 2010, 19:13   #1733
BANNED

Quote:
3) 1100 Kgs of weight <------ Touch the metal on it & you will know
In one regional auto magazine it is commented that figo is only 20kg less than fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
It'd be great if someone can throw light on the Figo's rear seat space, in terms of leg room, shoulder room and under-thigh support. Are the low-slung seats a problem for seniors? How does it compare to the Punto / Polo / i20?

Also, how easy would it be to get power-enable the rear windows and integrate them into the driver-side power window controls (if that makes any sense at all)?

The figo seems to be truly VFM but the lack of certain comforts makes the deal slightly bittersweet.
See GTO review on first page. Also check review of punto/ polo/ i20 for self comparison.

One thing for sure rear seat space, in terms of leg room, shoulder room and under-thigh support are more in figo than punto/ polo/ i20
Old 9th April 2010, 19:18   #1734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Seems like he is going to do terrorist attack there at peak time. Hope he won't hurt the customers.

Tell him to call up the customer care to get his status.
He said he will call later and let me know what happened. Or I can find out on Monday.

Quote:
Why is ford giving tyres of apollo and good year at random? Why can't they settle at one brand for one ford? Why is MRF not on offer? In past i have seen MRF was famous in fords.
A good risk mitigation plan calls for supplier diversity. If MRF goes on strike (like they seem to be doing all the time), can Ford stop production or deliver cars without tires?

Quote:
I saw MRF in the recent limited edition fiesta. Hope mine is good year.
All Fiestas with the exception of the 1.6S come with MRF ZVTS. The 1.6S comes with Goodyear NCT5.

Quote:
MRF and appolo are Kerala orgin tyres, even then i don't prefer it. Hope one day i get bridgestone.
The owners may be Mallu, but the factories are somewhere else. If you want to really improve your tires, get Continental or Michelin or Yokohama. Bridgestone isn't that great.

Quote:
a) Paint quality
b) fit & finish quality
d) Road test
g) Underbody inspection
h) Engine bay inspection
i) Boot inspection
Are the engines pre run? If they are, is the oil changed after the pre run?
Old 9th April 2010, 19:25   #1735
BANNED

Quote:
In one regional auto magazine it is commented that figo is only 20kg less than fiesta.
Yes thats true, however i quoted an approx figure as i was too lazy to check out the actual figo weight, but here you go, actual kerb weight for figo is 1090-1130 kgs depending on which variant you take & which engine you opt for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The owners may be Mallu, but the factories are somewhere else. If you want to really improve your tires, get Continental or Michelin or Yokohama. Bridgestone isn't that great.

Are the engines pre run? If they are, is the oil changed after the pre run?
I second your stance on the conti,michelin & yokos, I absolutely hate bridgestone due to personal experience.

Engines are pre run in the engine assembly plant, i dont know about oil change as i am not from that department. I however think that they must be changing the oil after that as after our dyno test, we dont change the oil. Our dyno test reconfirms the engine performance & reliability & is there to check various levels like NVH etc

One more thing, Are MRF ZVTS tubeless or with tubes?

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 9th April 2010 at 19:28.
Old 9th April 2010, 19:34   #1736
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What negatively affects the FE figures of figo are:

4) Engine always encouraging the driver to rev it to the redline & run flat on the corners for that engaging & fun drive.
While this satement holds true for the Ikon 1.3/1.6 and Fusion/Fiesta 1.6. I would beg to differ slightly on this point wrt the Figo 1.2 P.

During my TD of the Figo 1.2 P, I had to flog it/floor the pedal, work the gears - To EXTRACT power from the engine. It just didn't have the grunt/pep of the Ikon 1.3 (Which as you said, teases us to floor)

So someone who wants spirited performance form the Figo P IMHO will have to flog it and will end up with poor FE. Drive it sedately then it should be kind enough to you.
Old 9th April 2010, 19:35   #1737
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
It would be futile to compare numbers directly as Maruti has ~700 dealerships which they were able to build up during their monopoly days and Ford has ~150. A normalized comparison would be interesting.
I factored that in, when I said that one of the advantages of Swift vis-a-vis Figo is that, it is a Maruti car, Maruti A**, Established brand, etc.

But for the Maruti factor, Swift P doesnt stand a chance against Figo P. Well of course it has a FE engine, but that FE engine would save the average buyer about 50K over 7 years. But then the Swift P is about 50K more expensive to buy when compared to Figo P. So, it would be a no-brainer to buy the substantially better car Figo P at the cheaper price (and pay the difference in higher fuel costs over 7 years).

However, the Maruti experience (in buying, maintaing, repairing, reselling, etc) is the intangible factor here. Would Indian customers go for the Maruti experience OR would they go for the better car.

It is a better product (Figo) Vs. better service (Maruti) showdown. Let the mighty customer decide.

Btw, I think Ford's reach is quite high (most, if not all, tier-1, tier-2, tier-3 cities are covered).
Old 9th April 2010, 19:37   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
One more thing, Are MRF ZVTS tubeless or with tubes?
AFAIK they come both in tube type and tubeless. Not sure though.

I am surprised at the concerns raised on Bridgestones. Both my accent and scorpio run on Bridgestones and i have faced no problems whatsoever.
Old 9th April 2010, 19:38   #1739
BANNED

@kiku : i am not saying that its as responsive as the other ford engines, but it encourages you to do higher revs to get maximum performance from it & there is a lovely exhaust tone after 3500-4000 rpm coming from the figo petrol.

After 1800-2000 rpm, the petrol engine is quite fun to drive. What you are mentioning is the slight lack of low end torque as compared to other ford engines. Otherwise if one gets used to the power/torque bands, its quite fun to drive.
Old 9th April 2010, 19:48   #1740
BHPian

Does anyone have a picture of other colours of the figo(In their natural habitat)?

OR maybe i have missed, Specially interested to take a look at the Moondust Silver; Sea Grey and Chill.

If it is posted in anyother thread let me know; because I was not able to spot one!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks