Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 17:22   #181
BHPian

Sad to hear that Captain. Almost had a similar incident last week when a bike crashed into mine but luckily it got away without any damage. Let us know how much they're charging.
Old 25th August 2010, 19:18   #182
Senior - BHPian

atrisarkar
How is your Figo doing?

Car is back home with a new tail light!

Cost

tail light assembly - 977
Labour - 100

Total including taxes -1200

The tail light assembly includes the bulbs, holders and wiring needed. It was a simple remove and fit. Could have done it myself at home and saved the Rs 100-/ lol

Total time taken 45mins (including billing which took more time than fixing the new part)

Pictures of the broken one thats with me now.
Attached Thumbnails
Black Donkey 1.2 Exi Figo finally delivered! 10,000 kms update-img_43218.jpg  

Black Donkey 1.2 Exi Figo finally delivered! 10,000 kms update-img_43219.jpg  

Black Donkey 1.2 Exi Figo finally delivered! 10,000 kms update-img_43220.jpg  

Old 25th August 2010, 21:00   #183
Team-BHP Support

That's pretty reasonable I would say. Although looking closely looking at the ssemble it does not seem to be of that great quality.

My old Lancer's tail lamp had a minor surface crack after a full family on a scooter drove into the tail lamp with the handle bar hitting the lamp. No need to change. Ofcourse a replacement costs Rs.3,600.
Old 26th August 2010, 18:22   #184
Senior - BHPian

Reasonable yes, I thought it would cost a lot more. Even a santros tail costs 1900.

Yup the quality is really bad. Everything inside is pure plastic. It isn't that strong.

When are you getting your figo Vid? Or have you changed your mind on that?
Old 8th November 2010, 18:19   #185
Senior - BHPian

Time for a small update.
Car has done a little over 7500KMs. The Engine reves freely now. Pulls a lot better than before. Everything in the car is stock.

My City F.E still remains the same. 9-10 (With Aircon) under heavy traffic conditions.

Very little to complain about.
The rear squeak and rear suspension noise has increased. There is also a small rattle coming from the driver side door. Its really small and comes rarely when you go over broken roads.
A small rattle coming from the dash board.
The brakes have started make horrible sounds every time I brake.
The clutch spring needs some lubrications. -making some squeaking sound.
The unpainted Black plastic parts (Bumper, door handle, etc) outside are fading fast. The color has changed from black to a light grey.

Fluid levels are still within safe levels. I check them once in 3 months. Nothing to report here. The car is not drinking oil.

Yesterday morning made a small trip to Vellore and back.
Total Distance traveled 555KM including some 50Km inside Vellore town.
F.E - 15.9 KMPL (With Aircon)

In Spite of the heavy rains and wet roads the car handled very well.
Managed to Hit 140KM again. Didn't want to push the car more. I'm also guessing this is the max the car can go.
Maintained a speed of 90-120KM.
The stock tyres are just average. They provide OK grip even under wet conditions. They get very noisy at high speed.
My car came with Good Year GT3

Yesterday was the first time I felt that the headlights aren't good enough!
With heavy rains, traffic and night fall I couldn't see a thing even with the high beam.
I remember Gemithomas complaining about this. Now I know why! I don't travel much in the highways so this was new to me.

First and most important upgrade will be to the Philips extreme bulbs. I cant manage with the stock headlights anymore.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 8th November 2010 at 18:22.
Old 8th November 2010, 21:51   #186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

The clutch spring needs some lubrications. -making some squeaking sound.
Exact same problem with my car. Squeaky sound from the clutch pedal. Looks like this is not a unique problem and both diesel and petrol cars have it.

Also same pinch. Auto broke the lower most light of the rear tail lamp on right side. Yet to change it.

Need to see how to add the rear bulbs in all the enclosures and get them to work with the fog lamp switch.
Old 8th November 2010, 23:05   #187
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
That's pretty reasonable I would say. Although looking closely looking at the ssemble it does not seem to be of that great quality.

My old Lancer's tail lamp had a minor surface crack after a full family on a scooter drove into the tail lamp with the handle bar hitting the lamp. No need to change. Ofcourse a replacement costs Rs.3,600.
Quote:
Reasonable yes, I thought it would cost a lot more. Even a santros tail costs 1900.

Yup the quality is really bad. Everything inside is pure plastic. It isn't that strong.

When are you getting your figo Vid? Or have you changed your mind on that?
Both are absolutely correct. I got changed my tail light due to internal crack. Ford replaced free of cost. No great job, removed three screws, fit the socket and screw it. Comes with bulbs, wires.
The part was made by Motherson which supplies dash and other plastic parts to figo. Enquired the vendor and got the news that the tail light is sold to figo around Rs 600/- whereas the same is sold to Punto for around 1200/-. The price difference shows the quality.
Old 8th November 2010, 23:21   #188
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vid!
Congrats on your Figo ! Where is your ownership report! Details about your new car please.
Ouch! sorry about your cars first kiss by an auto. Replacement is very fast and easy only the billing can be painful and slow.
You can add the extra rear bulbs but for that you need to fix the bulb holder and do some wiring.

Also Vid try and get better bulbs for the headlights. The stock ones are hopeless.

RGK
Is 600 a price mistake ? I paid 977 for mine.
Old 9th November 2010, 11:40   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

RGK
Is 600 a price mistake ? I paid 977 for mine.
That's the price at which it is sold to Ford, by the vendor.
Old 9th November 2010, 16:43   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey Vid!
Congrats on your Figo ! Where is your ownership report! Details about your new car please.
Ouch! sorry about your cars first kiss by an auto. Replacement is very fast and easy only the billing can be painful and slow.
You can add the extra rear bulbs but for that you need to fix the bulb holder and do some wiring.

Also Vid try and get better bulbs for the headlights. The stock ones are hopeless.
Thanks. I got the car a month ago but poor weather means no nice pics to take and too busy with work to write a detailed report.

I noticed that there were no holders but wasn't sure about the wiring. If there's no wiring it's not going to be that easy especially the rear fog lamp.

I took the fog lamps as accessory and they are fantastic. Best quality fog lamps compared to even my Altis. They provide excellent illumination.

And the bulbs are already changed to Philips X-treme power.
Old 9th November 2010, 16:51   #191
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
That's the price at which it is sold to Ford, by the vendor.
Absolutely.. that was price sold to Ford.
Old 25th November 2010, 16:33   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Thanks. I got the car a month ago but poor weather means no nice pics to take and too busy with work to write a detailed report.

I noticed that there were no holders but wasn't sure about the wiring. If there's no wiring it's not going to be that easy especially the rear fog lamp.

I took the fog lamps as accessory and they are fantastic. Best quality fog lamps compared to even my Altis. They provide excellent illumination.

And the bulbs are already changed to Philips X-treme power.
Planning to use that switch(the second pull) for a new set of FRONT FOG LAMPS(yellow ones)!
Old 24th December 2010, 02:28   #193
Senior - BHPian

Re: Black Donkey 1.2 Exi Figo finally delivered! 2500kms update

Update, Car is done 8500KM. Car is not being used much.
Nothing new to report. Older issues needs to be fixed. FE remains the same.

Now the cars headlight started showing some sings of trouble. Whenever the car goes over a speed breaker or a bad patch of road you can hear and see the headlight leveler motor moving up and down. Even if you touch the headlight switch the same happens.

I took the car to metro ford.
At first the mech attending my car tried to convince me that this is a feature of car saying that there is sensor in the headlight and based on the road height it moves up and down
I couldn't control myself but somehow managed to keep a serious face and told him thats not the problem.
And that even if he touched the headlight switch or the gently pushed the dash board you can hear and see the head light leveler move.

Now he understands the problem. We both jump into another figo that had come for service to check if this is a common problem or a problem with only my car.
This figos headlights were good and never moved a bit no matter how hard he tried banging into the dashboard.

They start checking my car. The headlight switch and leveler switch seems to be causing the trouble. They remove it and fix it back. Problem seems to be solved. If it surfaces again they will replace it under warranty.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 24th December 2010 at 02:29.
Old 24th December 2010, 07:55   #194
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I took the car to metro ford.
At first the mech attending my car tried to convince me that this is a feature of car saying that there is sensor in the headlight and based on the road height it moves up and down .
This is what I could not accept. Why they always " mislead and try to convince wrongly" . This is a very bad attitude and seen common across all SC's. Do they think that customers do have plenty of free time and bring the car to SC's for pleasure or timepass

Last edited by RGK : 24th December 2010 at 07:56.
Old 1st January 2011, 17:54   #195
Senior - BHPian

RGK
Any Update on your car?
Vid
Is your car also affected by the same brake sound issues?

Today finally I went to ford A.S.S to get my cars small niggles fixed.

First was the annoying rear squeaking sound coming from the cars C pillar.
This was fixed by removing the plastic part and refixing them using some kind of insulation tape. Temporary Fix?
They also removed the rear suspension springs and added some kind of rubber bush. Don't know why this was done.
Done to increase the ride height?

During this they also added some Wiring Kit to my car. I got a bill for this, Rs-585.00 but it was covered under warranty.

Quote:
Part No AS6914B475AA
Wiring Service Kit
My SA told me this was for the brake and coolant fluid sensor and in case if the levels go too low the check engine light would come up.

Last issue was the sound coming while braking .
This they couldn't fix. They told me the brake pads were cleaned but I still get the horrid scary noises while breaking.

Anyones car been fixed for the brake issue? My figo still makes horrible sounds when I press the brake at low speeds.

They told me to use it for a while and report back Its been this way for 8,000KM+ doing another 300KM will fix the problem ?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st January 2011 at 23:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks