Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2010, 15:57   #151
Senior - BHPian

Got my car serviced at 2415KM on the ODO. The car has done 2500KM as of now.
The car was given to Metro Ford hesaraghatta as this was the only metro ford that had service and body shop.

I met another Bhpian at metro ford ! I forgot his ID. He was also there for his first service. He Drove a silver Exi petrol figo. Who are you mate?

Got the car back from the first service.
first service bill was 966. Which included OIL and OIL filter change.

The car seems to pull better after the oil change. I really cant say that the engine feels smoother as of now.
Anyone else feel that the AC has been detuned a bit after the first service?
Hopefully now my FE improves.

I had the windshield replaced. Some really tiny stones fell on it and cracked the windshield while I was on NICE road.
Claimed Insurance.
Total charge for the windshield, rubber parts, sealant and labour - 7250
Insurance paid about 5300.
Rest I had to pay from my pocket.

I complained about the squeak from the rear suspension, the SA said he will take a look at it. When I got the car back the squeak was still there but it was slightly better.
Later when I went to refuel I checked the air pressure, Brilliant people at ford service had reduced the tyre pressure to 23PSI on all 4 tyres!

I got the tyres filled back to 30PSI and the squeak was back with all its glory!

So much for metro ford service.
In terms of service and customer satisfaction Ford has a lot to learn from Maruti.
Attached Thumbnails
Black Donkey 1.2 Exi Figo finally delivered! 10,000 kms update-img_4215.jpg  

Black Donkey 1.2 Exi Figo finally delivered! 10,000 kms update-img_4216.jpg  

Black Donkey 1.2 Exi Figo finally delivered! 10,000 kms update-img_4217.jpg  

Black Donkey 1.2 Exi Figo finally delivered! 10,000 kms update-img_4219.jpg  

Black Donkey 1.2 Exi Figo finally delivered! 10,000 kms update-img_4220.jpg  

Black Donkey 1.2 Exi Figo finally delivered! 10,000 kms update-img_4222.jpg  

Black Donkey 1.2 Exi Figo finally delivered! 10,000 kms update-img_4218.jpg  

Last edited by Captain Slow : 3rd July 2010 at 16:15.
Old 3rd July 2010, 16:50   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I got the tyres filled back to 30PSI and the squeak was back with all its glory!
You sure have a way with words !

Please make the Metro Ford guys know that their game has been seen through, and force them to make the donkey squeak free
Old 3rd July 2010, 18:09   #153
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
first service bill was 966. Which included OIL and OIL filter change.
Can I trouble you for the details, please. Want to see where we are paying more.

Quote:
My car has seen all sorts of bad roads and is yet to utter a squeak!
Old 3rd July 2010, 23:29   #154
Senior - BHPian

This was my first free service. trrk, how much were you charged? Are you also a petrol Figo owner?
Old 4th July 2010, 02:15   #155
BHPian

Hello Captain, while looking at the above pics posted by you. When I carefully inspected the third picture from the top I could see the whole engine area is naked and visible from bottom, no cover or shield or any stuff. Is it normal with all cars? I fear that any under-body collision could damage those parts. I am not sure what parts of engine are those, but in my opinion there should have been some tough shield to cover that area. I also heard that ground clearance of Figo is a bit less when the tires have lesser air flow. So in that case it could be problem if some object strikes that area. Experts please clarify if my doubts are valid?
Old 4th July 2010, 12:08   #156
Senior - BHPian

Check my ownership thread on how to get rid of the squeak from the right rear.
Old 4th July 2010, 21:45   #157
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
This was my first free service. trrk, how much were you charged? Are you also a petrol Figo owner?
I don't have my bill at hand. No, mine is a diesel and it was close to 1300 for my first service.

So wanted to know what was more in our case, the quntity of oil, price of oil or the filter.
Old 4th July 2010, 21:58   #158
Senior - BHPian

Captain, nice pics those of Figo's underbody, hope you get to report good FE figures post first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
fear that any under-body collision could damage those parts. I am not sure what parts of engine are those, but in my opinion there should have been some tough shield to cover that area. I also heard that ground clearance of Figo is a bit less when the tires have lesser air flow. So in that case it could be problem if some object strikes that area. Experts please clarify if my doubts are valid?
Hi Sameer,
I have seen all the modern hatches have this area exposed normally. The engine bay is always open from below. I only remember Ambassador being closed from under. I guess this is common even for many sedans, based on monocoque design.
Old 4th July 2010, 22:06   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Captain, nice pics those of Figo's underbody, hope you get to report good FE figures post first service.

Hi Sameer,
I have seen all the modern hatches have this area exposed normally. The engine bay is always open from below. I only remember Ambassador being closed from under. I guess this is common even for many sedans, based on monocoque design.
@Sameer : In fact myself also had the same query seeing the POLO - open the bonnet and one can see the floor. Its good to see that its not unusual and same for almost all cars.
Old 5th July 2010, 11:36   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
@Sameer : In fact myself also had the same query seeing the POLO - open the bonnet and one can see the floor. Its good to see that its not unusual and same for almost all cars.
Yes, I also noticed that in polo too. But I don't think its good as we all know how good are roads here in India in certain parts of country.

I had a Toyota Camary and I very well remember how good it was completely shielded from the bottom as well. I know its an expensive car as compared to these hatchbacks. But even a Fiat Palio car comes shielded from bottom.
Old 5th July 2010, 12:51   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Hello Captain, while looking at the above pics posted by you. When I carefully inspected the third picture from the top I could see the whole engine area is naked and visible from bottom, no cover or shield or any stuff. Is it normal with all cars? I fear that any under-body collision could damage those parts. I am not sure what parts of engine are those, but in my opinion there should have been some tough shield to cover that area. I also heard that ground clearance of Figo is a bit less when the tires have lesser air flow. So in that case it could be problem if some object strikes that area. Experts please clarify if my doubts are valid?
Sameer,
All cars in this segment are like this. I don't think there is anything to worry about.
I have had no issues with the ground clearance in my figo. Even with the car loaded with 5 BIG adults I haven't really scraped anywhere.
Only the useless mudflaps scraped some speed breakers when fully loaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Check my ownership thread on how to get rid of the squeak from the right rear.

Thanks Gemithomas! Next visit to the service station will be with my notebook to show them what exactly to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

I don't have my bill at hand. No, mine is a diesel and it was close to 1300 for my first service.

So wanted to know what was more in our case, the quntity of oil, price of oil or the filter.
Sure, I will post a scan of my bill soon.
Old 5th July 2010, 22:44   #162
BHPian

Call up Ford toll free and get them to talk to your dealer and then contact you - That way you'll have access to senior engineer who can listen/fix the issue. Go back and re-open the job card. Thats the best way, it always works with maruti. Hope it will work here too. I have seen that options in the post service feedback form. Use it.

The big problem with the dealer is they have too many customers.

Reg the windshield - Didn't you have the drive assure from Bajaj that was offered which has the depreciation protection ? I assume not and bacause of which you had to pay ~30% ?

Lucky the winshield did not break while driving.

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 5th July 2010 at 22:47.
Old 11th July 2010, 12:32   #163
BHPian

Into First service & 100+ kms on ODO, is it time?

Hi Captain Slow,

Mods! if need be, please move this question post to an appropriate Thread.

Am having question here for the FIGO petrol heads.

I own a Diamond white FIGO Titanium (Petrol) which has clocked a little over 100 kms . And, now it is up for the First Service.
Does that mean any niggles later on as the Run-In is almost equal to nothing.

I have driven at various gears and max speed 80 Kms., never over 2000 RPM.

Let me know your expert opinion & suggestions.

Thanks,
MaveRick4x4
Old 12th July 2010, 17:59   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Call up Ford toll free and get them to talk to your dealer and then contact you - That way you'll have access to senior engineer who can listen/fix the issue. Go back and re-open the job card. Thats the best way, it always works with maruti. Hope it will work here too. I have seen that options in the post service feedback form. Use it.

The big problem with the dealer is they have too many customers.

Reg the windshield - Didn't you have the drive assure from Bajaj that was offered which has the depreciation protection ? I assume not and bacause of which you had to pay ~30% ?

Lucky the winshield did not break while driving.
Work has been really hectic. I need to take up the issue with ford and sort out the squeaking sounds soon.

No azkaban, I didnt take the drive assure. My Insurance is just the regular plan from Bajaj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaveRick4x4 View Post
Hi Captain Slow,

Mods! if need be, please move this question post to an appropriate Thread.

Am having question here for the FIGO petrol heads.

I own a Diamond white FIGO Titanium (Petrol) which has clocked a little over 100 kms . And, now it is up for the First Service.
Does that mean any niggles later on as the Run-In is almost equal to nothing.

I have driven at various gears and max speed 80 Kms., never over 2000 RPM.

Let me know your expert opinion & suggestions.

Thanks,
MaveRick4x4
Hello Maverick,
You have clocked only 100KM in 3 months?
You better give it for the first service according to what ford recommends.
Old 12th July 2010, 18:37   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Can I trouble you for the details, please. Want to see where we are paying more.!
You own a diesel right? Aren't the charges different for diesel and petrol??

Quote:
My car has seen all sorts of bad roads and is yet to utter a squeak!
Mine too, I go on some very rough patches, not a squek! touch wood!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks