Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2010, 21:24   #46
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man! Looks great in black. Drive safe.
Old 5th April 2010, 00:01   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Nice scissors !!!

Congrats on the buy. 15 days seems to be good for a brand new hot hatch.

I'm been quiet on my front. Just got my finances, so will call my dealer and check my status tomorrow. I would also be going for the RTGS option as I hate taking a DD. But a DD is a document and is safer compared to sending out few lakhs by mistake to the wrong person.

I have tons of pending work in the Office and need to also do this task.
I suggest for RTGS since its 100% safe, fast and free. A DD will cost you about Rs 1000 and if you or your dealer lose it, then the money will be gone(Yes no one can get that money, but you need the DD to cancel and get the money or your dealer need the DD to get paid).

I also suggest do RTGS from bank since they can track the money status easily and you get a bank sealed receipt.

It is a real-time transfer initiated by RBI. Go to the bank in which the money is in and tell them to transfer it to the bank account of the dealer using RTGS. It can be done between 9:30am to 3pm. It is a real-time transfer so it credit immediately. I did this for my payment of car. But took a hour due to delay by my bank employees.

The Funds transfer request through RTGS NetBanking mode can be made only from 9:30 a.m to 3.30 p.m. from Monday to Friday and from 9:30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. on Saturdays.
Old 5th April 2010, 00:31   #48
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
yes indeed, a gauge is always better. Suppose when the light glows, is there any way to find how much overheating happening?. If it was in a gauge, we can see how much more than the normal position -is the needle touching extreme heat condition (red mark) or just one point above the normal level etc . According to the needle position, we can take a decision whether to stop instantly or manage to drive some more distance or until locate a workshop?
Actually no, If the light starts to glow then it means that the engine has overheated. If there was a gauge you could tell how much and when the temp was climbing. Here you cant until its too late.
SO I guess as soon as the light glows you stop and then then check coolant and maybe take it to the workshop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Nice scissors !!!

Congrats on the buy. 15 days seems to be good for a brand new hot hatch.

I'm been quiet on my front. Just got my finances, so will call my dealer and check my status tomorrow. I would also be going for the RTGS option as I hate taking a DD. But a DD is a document and is safer compared to sending out few lakhs by mistake to the wrong person.

I have tons of pending work in the Office and need to also do this task.
haha thanks! Please if you are buying a figo from metro ask them for this.
Brix a DD will cost you about 900-1000R.s extra. IF that is ok with you then its the best and safest way. I didn't want to take any chances thats the reason I paid this way.
Keep your mind away from the Figo and teambhp maybe that will help you finish your office work lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Congrats! The color is excellent. Ford Figo is nicely packaged with an attractive price tag. What FE are you getting currently?
Thank you nitnbose.
Too early to tell. According to the DTE my F.E in the city B2B traffic with AC is about 11. I will surely update everyone on my next fuel stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Did you milk your donkey ? Sir, Belated but congratulations on the fantabulous Car. Wanted to ask, how are the headlamps lumen rating ? I know all factory fits come with 55/50W but we see some great difference between Indicas vs Maruti. How are the Figo headlamps for the driver ?

Wanted to ask you on ...
In B'lore traffic, how is the visibility w.r.t tiny road dividers ?
Outside noise insulation with all windows rolled up ?
Ease of parking in apartments/malls and with street parking (parallel) ?
Any particular blind spots you noticied ?
haha! donkeys don't produce milk they are only meant to carry heavy things and people from and to places.
The headlmps are H4's. The car also comes with a couple of spare head lamp bulbs. Give me a day I will tell you what exactly they are.
I guess the difference could be in the way the headlamp itself is assembled and the headlight beam focus is calibrated.

Visibility is excellnt! not a problem at all. You can see everyone and everything. From the small dogs that run across the roads to the big cows that stand still.
Excellent noise insulation with the windows rolled up. You barely hear anything on the outside. But you can hear the engine noise quite a bit once you cross 3K rpm. Like I said the engine feels a bit rough and unrefined. Maybe after 1000KM it should smoothen up.

Easy of parking.
I'm still getting used to the car. It handles great but somehow I seem to struggle when I try to park it in a mall or at my own parking spot.
Maybe its because I need to get used to the car.

poloman
Ah yes I had gone to get my number ! But no I still haven't got my number! Metro ford Claims to have lost my number plate. They also say that maybe it was fixed on another Figo which is very scary for me!!

They said by Monday they will order a new set of plates.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 5th April 2010 at 00:33.
Old 5th April 2010, 10:53   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Mate. Figo in black looks good. I liked the white.

Do keep us posted on how the petrol motors is performing
Old 5th April 2010, 10:58   #50
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your car. Looks good. Just a question, Is the radiator too close at the front or its same as other cars and looks like that?
Old 5th April 2010, 18:23   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats Mate. Figo in black looks good. I liked the white.

Do keep us posted on how the petrol motors is performing
Thank you ! yes I shall surely update you all on my next tank up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Congrats on your car. Looks good. Just a question, Is the radiator too close at the front or its same as other cars and looks like that?
No the radiator is very close to the front bumper. Even a small impact can damage the radiator causing huge damage.
The bumper feels soft like a toy cars bumper.

Update
-
Got my number plate and tints installed today!
I still haven't got the boot mat yet. Looks like that will take another week to come.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 5th April 2010 at 18:24.
Old 5th April 2010, 18:25   #52
BANNED

@captain : I overheard someone talking about the dog bar in the figo just behind the no. plate place, Check & tell me if its there.
Old 6th April 2010, 09:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

Mustang,
How exactly does this look like?
I tried looking right behind the number plate there was nothing there. Even this place felt soft and went in quite a bit when I pressed it.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:05   #54
SCH
BHPian

Captain Slow, After reading your review I get a feeling Figo is not all that great in Petrol version ( though I would like to be proved wrong). Also I suspect the FE would be low compared to the K - Series and Kappa. Kindly keep us updated on the FE figures for City driving.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:21   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Mustang,
How exactly does this look like?
I tried looking right behind the number plate there was nothing there. Even this place felt soft and went in quite a bit when I pressed it.
Thanks Captain, waiting to get her on Thursday.

Dog bar its more of a beam, that runs behind the bumper, you can feel it. Run your hands behind the number plate area and you will hit the beam.

Bumper feels very soft is not an issue, its a good thing. its designed that way so that at very low speeds like parking or just rolling it under 5 kmph, bumper doesn't crack when you hit something. Imagine you are parking and at very slow speed you kiss the wall and your bumper cracks. You don't want that too happen do you.

Last edited by scorpio07 : 6th April 2010 at 10:24.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:57   #56
BANNED

@captain : Scorpio answered your question. Its behind the bumper, Feel it from the inside & not from the outside of the bumper.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:01   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Space
For a hatchback this car is quite spacious on the inside. The boot is the best in the segment 284L!
Even for someone as tall as me. I'm 6ft there is enough leg loom at the back.
But if the driver is also 6ft tall them its going to be a tight fit!
I agree with you there. I am 6'1" and i really felt cramped at the driver seat
Old 6th April 2010, 12:11   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon009 View Post
I agree with you there. I am 6'1" and i really felt cramped at the driver seat
i am 6'2 and i don't find it cramped and i don't have to push the driver seat all the way back. depends on the driving position i guess
Old 6th April 2010, 12:14   #59
BANNED

+1 to scorpio07's post i am 6'3" even i dont find it cramped. & a person of height 5'9" sat behind me still having an inch or two of knee room to spare.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:38   #60
BHPian

Congrats on the Donkey Captain!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks