Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 08:09   #16
BANNED

Congrats on your new car.

May be metro ford should advertise "Buy figo from metro ford and find the hidden gift in your engine"

When i see the front view of your car it looks like a sedan. I hope ford will launch a figo sedan like swift desire. What can we call it 'figo desire'?

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd April 2010 at 12:08. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 3rd April 2010, 08:48   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
<<<Maybe its because of the gear ratio's>>>

@ mustang & other gurus : Does gearbox play the spoil sport in Figo at highspeed also. When I drove Ikon TDCi around 90+, the full fledged power of 1.4 TDCi could not be seen (took time to reach 90 (with A/c on) from 60 after sudden braking). will it be the same in Figo or any change can be expected.
GTO review also confirms "Either engine is lacking in outright performance. Neither engine can exploit the car's dynamics"
Is it the engine or the gearbox??
You see that you cant compare performance figures of the 1.2 petrol & 1.3 petrol engines of ford as

1) Displacement difference
2) The 1.3L engine has fantastic low end torque being a rocam but is older technology(i guess max towrque comes at 2700 RPM), the 1.2L on the other hand develops max torque @ 3400 RPM. My figures might be slightly wrong but there is a significant difference. This 1.2L engine gives a sprightly sound after 3000 RPM & good performance also.

About your Ikon TDCI, I have a fusion TDCI, I am not facing any such problems with it. what i think you did wrong was that when you suddenly braked, then you probably did not downshift & compared to a petrol engine, a diesel engine will feel sluggish. A downshift would have done the trick for you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
When i see the front view of your car it looks like a sedan. I hope ford will launch a figo sedan like swift desire. What can we call it 'figo desire'?
I Hope not!
Old 3rd April 2010, 09:04   #18
BANNED

Congrats on your new buy

1. Stunning 1st picture. Its looks like a BIG car.
2. I really liked the OEM seat colour.
2. Hope the Donkey's will retire and Horses will take charge in the future.
3. Scissors !, you have to add that in the freebies list.

Drive Safe ....
Old 3rd April 2010, 09:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Great Review Captain. And Real good detailed pics too. And the best part was the "70 Donkeys under the Hood"

Next time i go to my dealership i'm gonna complain about not getting the free scissors.
Old 3rd April 2010, 09:31   #20
BHPian

dude, really happy to see you get your beloved after a long fight.

was shocked to see the scissors. pathetic.

disappointed with the FE, agree with you that with a 70bhp engine you can expect a little bit more FE. hope it improves after first service.

congrats once again, enjoy your ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Oh God! Please no. we already have dezire to demonstrate the "how-to-screw-up-a-good-looking-car" tutorial. certainly do not need any more

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd April 2010 at 12:09. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 3rd April 2010, 09:45   #21
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Today to take pictures of the engine I opened the hood and to my shock guess what I found? The half wit who put the ribbon on my car had left the scissors inside the bonnet. See pictures attached. How irresponsible can they get? What if some major wires or tubes got damaged? Ford dealers are hopeless!
Congratulations and best wishes, Captain Slow, for getting your Ford Figo at last with complimentary pair of scissors from Metro Ford!

I have heard of a scalpel left behind during surgical treatment in human beings. This is the first time I see a pair of scissors left behind within a brand new car! This shows how Metro Ford does PDI.

I do hope, the problems faced by you from Metro Ford are noted by Ford India.

Old 3rd April 2010, 10:25   #22
BHPian

Congrats Captain Slow...!! Have a Safe Drive...!!!
Rich Donkey for 4.5L... LoL
Old 3rd April 2010, 10:38   #23
BHPian

Captain, finally your ownership thread, congrats ! As in our agony in getting the car, I hope to follow you in this too, with plans for a new thread by tonight or tomorrow morning. I really hope Lathangi does a decent job of delivery today, they have asked me to be there by 3 PM so that I can drive out by 4 PM. Oh no, I don't want any surprise gift hidden under the hood or anywhere else like you got ! That was height of callousness from Metro Ford people.

Regarding your observation on sluggishness at lower gears, even TDCi Figoians have observed some issue. More frequent gear shifts are needed in the slow moving city traffic. For me, moving from Petrol to Diesel will be a steep learning curve.

I loved the way you named your car as Black Donkey :-) . Hey, in a way, it is a tribute to the car. Donkey serves the master without any complaints or thinking, and it is easy to keep him happy ! Compare that to a horse who sometimes have own thinking and ego. So a practical no nonsense hatch has to be a donkey !
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review Captain. Do keep updating. I'm especially interested to know more on the actual FE you are getting. This is the only review on the petrol Figo on tbhp so far. Do post the FE as and when you tank up. Nice to know that you got your hands on the car in the nick of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Tits are coming up within a day or 2. Only problem I dont know which shop to go to.
Lol ! That was one heck of a typo. Wonder how no one noticed this so far!
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:57   #25
BHPian

Congrats captain. Great buy - strongly feel that it is the best VFM hatchback as of now ! Drive well !
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:04   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I was probably the 1st to notice this but decided not to comment for obvious reasons. & best thing was that captain does not know which shop to go to, Can you even buy these things off the shelf?

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 3rd April 2010 at 12:05.
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:44   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats! Wishing you many more happy miles!

Calling it a donkey? Hhhm personal choice may be

Scissors?! What an earth? Heard of jokes (may be true) of docs leaving them in patients tummy during an operation. Now in cars also? Bad, very bad!

BTW is Figo the fastest to have a lot (Within a month) of individual ownership threads?
Old 3rd April 2010, 13:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
LOL! I like the name you have given to the Figo!

Captain Slow, I have been reading about your agonizing wait for the Figo since you started posting here on T-BHP!
Congrats of finally getting the car delivered.

Drive Safe...
Thanks Pulsar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
Cute review... very well summed up.
Your story reminds me of the kannada saying "Raayara kudure katte aagtide" , a crude translation of which is "Mr. sombody's horse is gradually turning into a donkey.. indicating the dip in performance" However, in this case its the other way round.. (donkey becomes horse @ higher rpms)

When i took the TDs .. i liked the Diesel and my wife liked the Petrol car. Later on when we were deciding on Petrol Vs Diesel Figo, i was ready to compromise and get a petrol... but my wife reminded me of all the things i had thought aloud during the petrol TD (like, "oh, no, this won't do for me" , "can't believe it is struggling on this slope..", "turning off the AC is not helping either !!", etc. etc.) and finally we decided on Diesel thinking that it is more important for the driver to like the car as compared to the passengers.

well, the reason i was okay for the compromise is that .. i was more comfortable with the performance towards the end of the petrol TD.. perhaps, it needed a little settling-in time to lower my expectations.

IMO, you got:
1) A nice car with a pleasing colour
2) at the right time (prior to tax hikes in Karnataka)
3) at the right time (though belated, it makes a fabulous birthday gift)

Do post some night-time pics. Expecting more stories "Straight from the Donkey's mouth"
Yes more stories will surely follow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram999 View Post
ha ha lol... nice donkey.
seriously very true feedback.& review.. i like it..
thumbs up for you brother.
Thanks Vikram990, it is a good donkey. I just hope she doesn't drink too much petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Congrats Capn Slow.

That is so cool, Ford gave you a pair of scissors free with the car.
Hey Vid6639!
Thanks, are you are back ? When are you booking your figo? Just dont get buy it from Metro ford.
Well as for the scissors, Metro ford can put it in a place where they can keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Congrats!!, keep her gleaming all time, probably a wax session on the donkey once in a week.

You need to take a serious thought at why they place that scissor in the engine bay.. Can ford be taken to court becos of this?
Thanks Bean, Its not ford its metro ford the dealer thats been doing this. And this being India I don't think anything will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats. Car is fantastic... happy motoring...
<<<Plastic Around the handbrake>>>
I asked in the accessories department of Chennai Ford. They say it will be available after sometime. I think it is a useful one.
Thank you RGK!
Yes I will surely buy the plastic as soon as they become available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Congrats. And nice you managed to get a freebie for a newly launched car.

Yes, the scissors!!!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Congratulations and best wishes, Captain Slow, for getting your Ford Figo at last with complimentary pair of scissors from Metro Ford!

I have heard of a scalpel left behind during surgical treatment in human beings. This is the first time I see a pair of scissors left behind within a brand new car! This shows how Metro Ford does PDI.

I do hope, the problems faced by you from Metro Ford are noted by Ford India.
I don't think ford is going to do anything about this. They even delivered my car dirty.
Ford is too busy producing figo's to bother about small customers when they have 1000's waiting for a car.
Maybe someday they might wake up and sort things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Captain, finally your ownership thread, congrats ! As in our agony in getting the car, I hope to follow you in this too, with plans for a new thread by tonight or tomorrow morning. I really hope Lathangi does a decent job of delivery today, they have asked me to be there by 3 PM so that I can drive out by 4 PM. Oh no, I don't want any surprise gift hidden under the hood or anywhere else like you got ! That was height of callousness from Metro Ford people.

Regarding your observation on sluggishness at lower gears, even TDCi Figoians have observed some issue. More frequent gear shifts are needed in the slow moving city traffic. For me, moving from Petrol to Diesel will be a steep learning curve.

I loved the way you named your car as Black Donkey :-) . Hey, in a way, it is a tribute to the car. Donkey serves the master without any complaints or thinking, and it is easy to keep him happy ! Compare that to a horse who sometimes have own thinking and ego. So a practical no nonsense hatch has to be a donkey !
Thanks Revvy, and please don't worry so much. Lathangi is 100 times better than metro. You wont face any issues with them.
Exactly another reason for calling it a donkey!
Do let us know how your car feels when you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Excellent review Captain. Do keep updating. I'm especially interested to know more on the actual FE you are getting. This is the only review on the petrol Figo on tbhp so far. Do post the FE as and when you tank up. Nice to know that you got your hands on the car in the nick of time.

Thank you Longhorn, I have done about 100KM as of today and DTE has dropped to 400. By the looks of it F.E isn't that great for a hatch.

err I just saw the typos! there isn't an edit button so I cant do anything about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I was probably the 1st to notice this but decided not to comment for obvious reasons. & best thing was that captain does not know which shop to go to, Can you even buy these things off the shelf?
There is no edit button! I shouldn't be writing ownership reviews so late in the night. There are a couple other typos. Sorry Bhpians.

Mustang, I try looking for them if I do find them I will surely gift you a couple of them hehe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Congrats! Wishing you many more happy miles!

Calling it a donkey? Hhhm personal choice may be

Scissors?! What an earth? Heard of jokes (may be true) of docs leaving them in patients tummy during an operation. Now in cars also? Bad, very bad!

BTW is Figo the fastest to have a lot (Within a month) of individual ownership threads?
Thanks Kiku, Thats Metro ford.
Yup Figo owner's are going to spam team-bhp with ownership reports. They might have to open a new section for the Figo lol

Last edited by Captain Slow : 3rd April 2010 at 13:20.
Old 3rd April 2010, 13:32   #29
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<<A downshift would have done the trick for you here.>>
Mustang - Yes I did not do a downshift.
Old 3rd April 2010, 14:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats captain - really like your workhorse of a car (or should I say 'workdonkey'!)
The color black looks great on Figo - do take proper care of the color. As a oft repeated saying goes 'a black car is not a car, its a full time job'!
Any planned mods?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks