Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2010, 20:13   #136
BHPian

I checked my startup rpm and it showed around 750-850. So its fine for me.
Old 13th May 2010, 10:46   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Cold starts the RMP goes to 1100-1200
Once the engine gets hot its stays at about 1000-900 This is also a bit high I feel.
I will take show this problem to them during the first service. I use the car every day to work got my Office parking validated on the figo
That RPM is ok I guess. It will vary a little here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I wonder why are you folks referring to it as Donkey? Doesn't that sound a bit negative?
I love the "Black Donkey" name.
Old 13th May 2010, 15:48   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I think thats its perfectly normal then as your idling rpms settle down to 850 rpm after the engine gets warm.

[quote=shubhodeepdas@g;1883198]That RPM is ok I guess. It will vary a little here and there.

Thanks Guys, During the first service I will ask them to check it anyways.

@clevermax
The Figo is a real Donkey to me.
It doesn't look great nor does it move fast! Its like a typical donkey does what you tell it to do without too much fuss.
Hey and donkeys are cheap to buy and maintain unlike thoroughbred stallions!

And come to think of it Donkeys are cute the name isn't that negative to me.

But I do apologies if I have offended any Figo owners by calling this car a donkey.
Old 13th May 2010, 15:59   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@clevermax
The Figo is a real Donkey to me.
It doesn't look great nor does it move fast! Its like a typical donkey does what you tell it to do without too much fuss.
Hey and donkeys are cheap to buy and maintain unlike thoroughbred stallions!

And come to think of it Donkeys are cute the name isn't that negative to me.

But I do apologies if I have offended any Figo owners by calling this car a donkey.
Got the point Captain.. Makes sense.
I was wondering, how many models that can be called as horses we've got here in India in this or similar categories? Very very few... may be Fiesta 1.6S kinds only.

Last edited by clevermax : 13th May 2010 at 16:02.
Old 21st May 2010, 04:27   #140
BHPian

i am in no position to give advice! but i strongly suggest not to experiment with fuel pumps! the more you change the fuel stations you are bound to get adulterated fuel into your vehicle. go with your instinct and general feedback of people! and stick to that one fuel station!
Old 23rd May 2010, 14:21   #141
Senior - BHPian

The car seems to have become a lot smoother and seems to pull better now. I can feel the engine moving more freely.

FE update - This time I got 11. This again was fully inside Bangalore city with heavy traffic and AC on all the time.
Fuel - Shell normal.

Like some other figo owners complained my car has also started making a small squeaking sound from the back side. I couldn't pinpoint the location but this sound comes every time I go over a speed breaker or pot holes.
Need to spend some time to figure out where exactly this sound is coming from.
Old 23rd May 2010, 15:17   #142
BHPian

^ Just 11?!? I'm beginning to worry about the FE figures.
Old 24th May 2010, 14:00   #143
SCH
BHPian

Like some other figo owners complained my car has also started making a small squeaki

Quote:
Like some other figo owners complained my car has also started making a small squeaking sound from the back side. I couldn't pinpoint the location but this sound comes every time I go over a speed breaker or pot holes. .
I guess this sound comes from the shockers. It is more prominent in gas filled shocker. It should subside or dissapear once the run in of the car has been done.
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:13   #144
Senior - BHPian

Smoked by a black donkey!

Today morning I saw one spirited driver in a black Donkey approaching from behind, since he was in that mode, I decided to see how much he can push the donkey, traffic just got cleared off, I was in second gear and I floored from about 20kmph. I could see the black donkey approaching almost kissing my car's a**, and then he smoked me, when we both were doing about 65-70 Kmph.

I realized that it was a TCDi, the engine was screaming loudly! Felt bad as he was abusing the new diesel engine. I think the diesel can be called black donkey only by its looks, not by the power.

Last edited by clevermax : 3rd June 2010 at 10:15.
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:56   #145
Senior - BHPian

Car is done about 2000KM. Service is due end of the month/2500KM.

On my last tank full I got my worst F.E ever! The car ran exactly 401KM in 39.5L of shell petrol.
This means the F.E is about 10KM in the city with the aircon on 100% of the time.
This could be because of the traffic conditions. Bangalore traffic is gone to hell! Its become a nightmare driving in the city during the peek hours.

No other issues to report other than the small squeaking sound.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 3rd June 2010 at 14:58.
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:01   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Car is done about 2000KM. Service is due end of the month/2500KM.

On my last tank full I got my worst F.E ever! The car ran exactly 401KM in 39.5L of shell petrol.
This means the F.E is about 10KM in the city with the aircon on 100% of the time.
This could be because of the traffic conditions. Bangalore traffic is gone to hell! Its become a nightmare driving in the city during the peek hours.

May be the figures will improve after servicing, FE of 10 is way to low was your driving 100% in city traffic or was it inclusive of some highway drive as well.
Old 5th June 2010, 20:09   #147
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Surprisingly my car has no sounds yet!
Old 5th June 2010, 23:19   #148

My Figo 1.2 Exi has done ~ 750 kms (2 weeks of ownership) but surprisingly has been returning me F.E figures of 14-16 (calculated using DTE readings) with 50% aircon (in Pune). Given the perception that DTE figures are often conservative, this gives me some reason to cheer .. However, needs to be kept in mind that I have moved from a 2004 Zen (Petrol), which was consistently returning F.E figures of 17-19 with 50% Aircon,in city conditions.. Has to do something with my driving style I guess
Old 7th June 2010, 03:23   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
My Figo 1.2 Exi has done ~ 750 kms (2 weeks of ownership) but surprisingly has been returning me F.E figures of 14-16 (calculated using DTE readings) with 50% aircon (in Pune). Given the perception that DTE figures are often conservative, this gives me some reason to cheer .. However, needs to be kept in mind that I have moved from a 2004 Zen (Petrol), which was consistently returning F.E figures of 17-19 with 50% Aircon,in city conditions.. Has to do something with my driving style I guess
Maximum -Do not rely on DTE method to calculate FE, the most accurate method to compute FE is tankful to tankful method.
You are right driving style & city traffic conditions makes a significant difference fuel consumption figures.

Bangalore traffic & road conditions can be easily termed as horrible.
we can expect at-least 10% lower millage compared to other cities.
Old 1st July 2010, 06:11   #150
Senior - BHPian

Captain Slow - No updates on your Donkey these days , hope all is well !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks