Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2010, 11:02   #241
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the posts guyz. Good to see this thread active

My replies in bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
@adi : What are the time intervals / kms for the first 3 services ? How many free services does Honda offer ?

First service at 1000 kms/1 month - FREE - just plain inspection
2nd service at 5000 kms/2 months - FREE
3rd service at 10000 kms/6 months - FREE

After that service interval is 6 months/10000 kms. Only the first 3 services are FREE
Though the frequency of service is higher (twice a year) compared to some others (once a year), the service cost is very reasonable - one service will cost you roughly 1000 bucks including oil change

@all : 1. The OE alloys, does Honda make them or source it from some other vendor ?

I think they source it from some vendor possibly in Taiwan

2. Honda Jazz is one best cars available in India at the moment. But whether its VFM or not is a different arguement, lets not get into that. High pricing of the car is the main reason behind its dwindling sales. On adding all the monthly sales, Honda would have sold abt 12k - 15k cars since its launch last year. On analyzing the sales pattern of the Jazz for the last few months we find that Honda sells less 500 Jazz every month. So what does the future hold for Jazz in terms of A.S.S. and availability of spares ? Would Honda keep the car in market for its usual 5 year cycle only or would they continue even after ?
Adi, I saw that you have raised a similar concern in the Honda Brio thread.

Yes, it is a concern. But, after some more thinking, I feel it shoudl not be a concern.
Jazz/Fit is one of the most successful models of Honda worldwide and they have already launched Jazz Hybrid and a facelifted version of Jazz is already on the way. So, though there can be some delays on availability of spares, I do not think we will have a scenario where we do not get genuine spares for the car few years down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That's great stuff Adimicra! Well done!

I've decided to drive the Jazz sedately as well. The last few times I drove it quickly in city-limits, I got a bit scared if I'm honest! SO I shall be going easy on the loud pedal for sometime now! And I shall see what the car gives me in terms of FE.

Hey Suhaas, trust me I have not driven like this in a long long time but it is a lot of fun
Why were you scared?

Great choice there Steve! Despite the Jazz lacking in the features department a tad, it's a fantastic car that's very well engineered and designed.

Jazz is lacking in features only compared to Punto and I20 but it is at least better loaded than Polo and Swift.

The Handling is great and it feels rooted to the road around some fast corners and it feels quite chuckable around bends so the Handling is good. Do opt for the Michelins, they provide better grip. And haggle for accessories as much as possible, the dealerships will oblige!

Agree totally, handles very well.

Do get some dark tints as the glass-house on the Jazz is massive and it's easy to burn the car up when parked in the heat for even a short while. Tints should solve that issue.
The most important accessory for Jazz is the sun films. But advise to get them done outside at a good accessory shop (3M/Vkool depending on budget)

Last edited by adimicra : 1st December 2010 at 11:07.
Old 1st December 2010, 13:10   #242
BHPian

Gentlemen, I think one of the biggest feature with Honda Jazz is it's 'snob value', you can 'flaunt' it.

Other hatchbacks give an impression of 'routine & necessity', Honda Jazz gives an impression of 'Luxury & Richness'.

Eversince I have purchased Honda Jazz X, I have realised this.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:43   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devrishi View Post
Gentlemen, I think one of the biggest feature with Honda Jazz is it's 'snob value', you can 'flaunt' it.

Other hatchbacks give an impression of 'routine & necessity', Honda Jazz gives an impression of 'Luxury & Richness'.

So isnt it good to be exclusive rather than be a part of the mundane choices buyers make! You should actually be taking pride in owning a Jazz X mate.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:56   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devrishi View Post

Congrats mate, where is your ownership thread?
Can you post some pics of your car? I want to see how the front grill looks like on a White Jazz. I was apprehensive of it and hence did not take it.
Old 2nd December 2010, 12:44   #245
BHPian

Of all the Honda cars in India, Jazz is supposed to have the highest % of localization, 77%. Are the engine and gear box parts got from local vendors or are they got from Japan / Thailand and assembled here ? Does anybody have any information on what all comes under the rest 23% ?
Old 2nd December 2010, 14:36   #246
BHPian

Thanks Suhaas307 & Adimicra,
this is a COMPLETE thread on Honda Jazz - lots of efforts from you Adimicra - keep it up. I don't see any point in starting a new thread as my direct interaction with the vehicle is limited upto weekend drives only.

I'll try to post few pics as soon as I capture them.

I think I read in some authentic document that Honda Jazz will be discontinued in India in the year 2022 - so till then spares is not a problem.

Regards
Old 2nd December 2010, 19:14   #247
BHPian

@ adimicra:
Quote:
Yes, it is a concern. But, after some more thinking, I feel it shoudl not be a concern.
Jazz/Fit is one of the most successful models of Honda worldwide and they have already launched Jazz Hybrid and a facelifted version of Jazz is already on the way. So, though there can be some delays on availability of spares, I do not think we will have a scenario where we do not get genuine spares for the car few years down the line.
Shiladitya , I have also had similar concerns right from the time I was planning to buy to after I bought a Jazz. In fact I wrote letters to them also. But let me add to your thoughts - the Jazz is on the City platform and uses 70 % of its components. Also as you have rightly said since its an international success the company can always source them from Thailand or wherever. I had a Santro for ten years and 2-3 years after I had bought it there was a drastic exterior change with the Santro Xing etc coming up.So most of the external fittings had changed anyway. Yes the good side was there were so many Santro around that external fittings etc would never be an issue. But in my over 10 years of owning the car I did not require any either! With Honda the quality of fiitings is very superior and durable and except in case of any eventuality , normally there will be no such maintenance issues.
And yes its a premium hatchback and exclusive and a great car to own !

Last edited by .anshuman : 14th December 2010 at 10:49. Reason: Quote tag fixed.
Old 3rd December 2010, 00:00   #248
BHPian

Adi, Suhaas: Can you guys check your car system and do the bluetooth thing Devarshi told us of. Does it really exist or was it an error or something. Please check and tell us. Am pretty excited to hear about it.
Old 3rd December 2010, 09:11   #249
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Adi, Suhaas: Can you guys check your car system and do the bluetooth thing Devarshi told us of. Does it really exist or was it an error or something. Please check and tell us. Am pretty excited to hear about it.
But for that, we need to acquire a bluetooth kit and that's expensive! That's the problem with the HU. It's only 'bluetooth-compatible' i.e. bluetooth ready! Anyway, will see if I can acquire a bluetooth-kit and give it a try. Would love to see how it works!
Old 3rd December 2010, 13:26   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
But for that, we need to acquire a bluetooth kit and that's expensive! That's the problem with the HU. It's only 'bluetooth-compatible' i.e. bluetooth ready! Anyway, will see if I can acquire a bluetooth-kit and give it a try. Would love to see how it works!
Is it something like the blue n me?? or how is it?? Is it something like i switch my phones bluetooth on, it searches for an output and i can stream music wirelessly??
Old 3rd December 2010, 13:33   #251
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Is it something like the blue n me?? or how is it?? Is it something like i switch my phones bluetooth on, it searches for an output and i can stream music wirelessly??
I'm not entirely sure! I don't think it's like the Blue & Me system in the Grande Punto, at least not in the trim that we in India get. The area in the console where the cigarette lighter socket is said to be the spot where the bluetooth setup is allocated.

I'm still not entirely sure about this. I'd like to find out more!
Old 7th December 2010, 00:30   #252
Senior - BHPian

FE update

As you all know, I have been driving a little sedately for the last tankful. The MFD was showing 16 kmpl. The real FE came out as 15.2 kmpl. Excellent!

I thought I will be continuing the same sedate driving style for a while but could not control myself any more

So, now I am back to my old style and to my surprise, the online MFD is showing a FE of 14 kmpl. I am yet to calculate the real FE but going by previous experiencees, it will be anywhere between 13- to 13.5 kmpl which is amazing for city driving with 100% AC. The 2nd service with the the oil change seems to have improved the FE significantly. FYI - before the 2nd service, FE used to be around 12-12.5 kmpl as per MFD (real FE around 11.2 to 11.5 kmpl).

About the Bluetooth stuff, I do not know much! Honda provides Bluetooth kit for Jazz in UK and other countries but those are not available here. If anyone is able to find out a solution for the same, do let me know.
Old 7th December 2010, 13:54   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Thanks breezydrive, you summed it up very well!

Thanks mate! All other owners of Jazz in this forum are very happy with their possession while you seem to be pretty happy! Any issues? if yes,please share.

One minor correction(typo) in the earlier post -
Auto lock - if the key is not inserted and the doors are closed, the car will lock itself after 30 secs. I always was paranoid about whether I have locked my car properly! Several times, I used to go to the parking to check whether the car is locked properly. Now, even if I forget to lock the car, no worries!
Am i missing something here Adimicra??? My Jazz does not auto lock after 30 seconds - if the key is not inserted & all the doors are closed. However, if i lock the vehicle from remote and then unlock it and leave it in un-locked position for some time, the vehicle automatically locks after 30 seconds.

It means the auto lock works only IF i get down from the vehicle and lock it and then unlock it from remote - there after it locks after 30 seconds.

It is useful only if you have locked the vehicle and by chance accidently you press the 'unlock' button on remote [say the key is in your pocket or a child is playing or something] - the vehicle will auto lock in 30 seconds.

Please clarify. There is a difference in your description & my description.

Best regards
Old 14th December 2010, 06:18   #254

Re: like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz

Hi Adimicra,
I am planing to pick up a jazz for myself in a week. can you pls help with some of the queries that I have:

1. Any issues with the GC?
2. I read in an autocar review that the backrest for rear seat is adjustable. is it so?
3. how would you rate the rear seat comfort. it's kind of imp to me.
4. Do you think the current rubber is sufficient or an upgrade is recommended ?

If there are any other jazz owners going through this, pls help me out

Thanks
Old 14th December 2010, 11:23   #255

Re: like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jash_ View Post
Hi Adimicra,
I am planing to pick up a jazz for myself in a week. can you pls help with some of the queries that I have:

1. Any issues with the GC?
2. I read in an autocar review that the backrest for rear seat is adjustable. is it so?
3. how would you rate the rear seat comfort. it's kind of imp to me.
4. Do you think the current rubber is sufficient or an upgrade is recommended ?

If there are any other jazz owners going through this, pls help me out

Thanks
Hi Jash,

Congrats on your decision.

I recently posted my views on GC on the Test Drive section of Jazz, you can check it out there
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2173494

Regarding rear backrest, if you mean rear headrest then yes they are adjustable but the whole bench is not.

Rear Seat - this is funny but I sat on the rear seat just once & that too during the TD, so I can't really comment but no1 who sat ever compained about anything to me.

The tyre specs I think are just fine, Jazz is definitely not undertyred.
However do you know what tyres you are getting? If you are getting Michelins XM1's then they are the best you get. I have Bridgestones & they are ok too, a bit of tyre noise so depends how particular you are. You can read the Test Drive & Review thread of Jazz for more detailed opinions.

Hope this helps.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks