Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2010, 22:31   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
I was over at the Honda dealership today. Happened to see a Rally Red Select edtion of the Jazz. And this was NOT the Jazz X. It had beige interiors and the regular matt chrome Alloys unlike the black interiors and the gunmetal alloys on the X variant. No 'X' badging as well. Maybe Honda decided to provide the Rally red color option for the Select variant now?
@9thsphinx : I enquired with dealers in Chennai and they are not aware of such a variant of Jazz. Could you confirm this with your dealer ?

@adi, @suhaas : Can you guys also check on this news with your respective dealers ?

Confirmation of this would really help prospective dealers like me.
Old 27th November 2010, 22:34   #227
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I plan to do some 0-100 and top speed tests after a month or so, now that the car har run in for 3000 kms. Will keep all posted.
The speedometer reading for speed in Jazz is a little higher than the actual speed at which one is travelling, by about 10%. Checked this with my GPS device. The distance figures are completely correct though. I vaguely remember reading in some other thread here that same is the case for many other cars. Probably done deliberately by manufacturers.
Old 28th November 2010, 10:11   #228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I have nothing much to update - the car is running absolutely fine and I am loving the wonderful engine more and more!

I drive with a heavy foot and my trips are for very short distances within city. I was getting an FE of around 11.5 kmpl with 100%AC in those conditions which is anyway very good considering I get around 10.5-11 kmpl in my Santro under similar conditions.

I have decided to drive with a light foot for the next 2-3 tankfuls to see how much I can extract. And the initial results are very promising to say the least - the onboard FE calculator is now showing 15.6 kmpl in city driving conditions with 100%AC. This is awesome! I need to wait for some more time to calculate the real FE but going by experience, the real FE will be around 14.75 kmpl, which is amazing!

I plan to do some 0-100 and top speed tests after a month or so, now that the car har run in for 3000 kms. Will keep all posted.
We're two peas in a pod Adimicra!

My Santro that I regularly drive gives me 10.5-11 km/l (AC off), and I have quite a heavy foot. I do settle into a cruise when the road is empty (largely because it feels like the Santro's engine is being strained when I try and push it), but I go through my first three gears very quickly!

In the same conditions and with the same driving style albeit with the AC switched on, the Jazz gives me a phenomenol 13-14 km/l which is fantastic! And not for one minute does the brilliant Vtec lump feel strained in any way. It encourages me to push it even further, in fact!

Although, I've heard that the on-board FE calculator is a bit inaccurate, it does give you a ball-park figure which is good enough!

Waiting for a day when I can take her to NICE road and give her the beans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post

@adi, @suhaas : Can you guys also check on this news with your respective dealers ?
The Jazz X is available at Whitefield Honda and at Dakshin Honda. I'm not sure if the regular variant comes with the same trim though. But I'm guessing it won't be hard to get your car in whatever colour you desire. Honda should oblige, they don't sell too many units anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
The speedometer reading for speed in Jazz is a little higher than the actual speed at which one is travelling, by about 10%. Checked this with my GPS device. The distance figures are completely correct though. I vaguely remember reading in some other thread here that same is the case for many other cars. Probably done deliberately by manufacturers.
This is true! It's common amongst most cars. It's a speedo-error that's dialed in by the manufacturer. There are very few speedo-meters that give you an accurate figure.
Old 30th November 2010, 11:29   #229
BHPian

Hello friends,
I too became the proud member of Honda Club with tafeta white Jazz X purchase. The car is chauffeur driven & is for my wife. We wanted to purchase a Hatch only for various reasons.

I want to know one thing about central locking feature. Does the car AUTOMATICALLY lock when you start driving above 15KM/Hr??? Honda service man says that this Automatic feature is not there in this vehicle however manual central locking is there. I remember somewhere in some thread I have read about this automatic feature.

I just don't believe that automatic central locking is not there. Please confirm.

Regards
Old 30th November 2010, 17:46   #230
BHPian

I TD'd the Jazz last week and felt the rear seat's thigh support is very less, even my santro rear bench has better thigh support when compared. Jazz owners, can you all comment on the rear seat comfort ?

Few other clarifications,
1. Can the OE alloys take in a tyre upgrade of 195/60 R15 ?
2. Do mud flaps come as std or are they additional accessory ?
3. Are there any accessory combo kits which club rear spoiler, front fog lamps, reverse parking sensors, side step garnish or do we have to get them all separately ?
Old 30th November 2010, 18:21   #231
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devrishi View Post
Hello friends,
I too became the proud member of Honda Club with tafeta white Jazz X purchase. The car is chauffeur driven & is for my wife. We wanted to purchase a Hatch only for various reasons.

I want to know one thing about central locking feature. Does the car AUTOMATICALLY lock when you start driving above 15KM/Hr??? Honda service man says that this Automatic feature is not there in this vehicle however manual central locking is there. I remember somewhere in some thread I have read about this automatic feature.

I just don't believe that automatic central locking is not there. Please confirm.

Regards
Hi Devrishi,

Congratulations on your latest acquisition! The Jazz is a stunning piece of kit and many have learnt to appreciate it's positives, price notwithstanding!

Anyway, you're right. There is no auto-lock in the central-locking system. It's just one of the quirks of the car that us Jazz owners learn to live with in time.

Quote:
I TD'd the Jazz last week and felt the rear seat's thigh support is very less, even my santro rear bench has better thigh support when compared. Jazz owners, can you all comment on the rear seat comfort ?

3. Are there any accessory combo kits which club rear spoiler, front fog lamps, reverse parking sensors, side step garnish or do we have to get them all separately ?
Yes, the rear-seat's thigh support is a bit less. But much more than the Santro! I drive a Santro regularly and I drive the Jazz occasionally as well and I've noticed that the rear-seat could have been better bolstered. But it's the compromise Honda had to make in order for the seats to be so flexible! The rear-seat comfort is good, nonetheless. Maybe not in the league of the Fabia, but good!

1) I'm sure you can. That is our plan in the future too! Consult Nikhilb2008 on this, he should help you out!

2) Not too sure, but they can be opted as accessories if they don't come standard.

3) Honda will oblige when you ask them to select the accessories of your choice. They will not insist on you to take what you don't need and they will not charge you for the entire package if you opt out for a few either. In fact, they want to make sure that the customers are satisfied, considering the below-par sales figures of the Jazz.
Old 30th November 2010, 18:47   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
3) Honda will oblige when you ask them to select the accessories of your choice. They will not insist on you to take what you don't need and they will not charge you for the entire package if you opt out for a few either. In fact, they want to make sure that the customers are satisfied, considering the below-par sales figures of the Jazz.
Since I am looking to get the car through CSD, dealers are not really forthcoming in giving further discounts / accessories. All dealers keep saying that CSD deal in itself is a bargain and they do not make much margin from a CSD deal so cant give further discounts / accessories. Honda offers a 55k discount on the Jazz, but the dealers claim that only 40k is allowed if the car is got through CSD, my guess if that the dealers are trying to profit with the balance 15k.

Last edited by donarun : 30th November 2010 at 18:52.
Old 30th November 2010, 19:10   #233
Senior - BHPian

replies below in bold
Quote:

Rear Seat is very spacious with lots of room everywhere. The padding could have been better but it is a comfortable place to be in.I too have a Santro but let us not compare it with Santro (the Santro seat does not even have any contours). Some cars like Fabia/Polo have better thigh-support.

I am sure it can
They come as std on the Select version.

Right now, no kits are available. But many of these can be bargained for free. I got the Jazz X rear spoiler/illuminated side step garnish as free. I was also offered the parking sensor as a freebie but I chose the sun films instead. Fog lamps cost 15K, so I got it done from outside - you can find the details in my earlier posts. In the end, it boils down to your bargaining skills and the desperation of the dealer. best of luck
FE update
With my sedate drving style, the onboard FE calculator is showing 16 kmpl..WOW!

I have promised myself to drive like this for the next 2 tankfuls at least. And currently I am enjoying it a lot as it is more of a game to extract maximum mileage without going too slow.

Last edited by adimicra : 30th November 2010 at 19:11.
Old 30th November 2010, 20:09   #234
BHPian

Folks,

I'm mulling on purchasing a car (hatch strictly) soon - Dec'10/Jan'11 - and i have Jazz narrowed down as one of the strong contenders. I'm quoted Jazz Select @ 8 Lacs OTR Blr

Many might argue, this might not be a great time to buy a car (year-end reasons). But I'm thinking more from a discount perspective and also i'm not intending to sell the car in the next 4-5 years atleast (so resale isn't a criteria in the buying decision).

For me Honda is synonymous with safety, and refined engine.

Question is on the handling, mileage, A$$ and maintenance costs. Any inputs on this is most welcome. Also, any pointers on what i should haggle for free (I'm speaking to WF Honda in Blr)
Old 30th November 2010, 22:39   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Austin View Post
Folks,

I'm mulling on purchasing a car (hatch strictly) soon - Dec'10/Jan'11 - and i have Jazz narrowed down as one of the strong contenders. I'm quoted Jazz Select @ 8 Lacs OTR Blr

Many might argue, this might not be a great time to buy a car (year-end reasons). But I'm thinking more from a discount perspective and also i'm not intending to sell the car in the next 4-5 years atleast (so resale isn't a criteria in the buying decision).

Question is on the handling, mileage, A$$ and maintenance costs. Any inputs on this is most welcome. Also, any pointers on what i should haggle for free (I'm speaking to WF Honda in Blr)
go for it. For all details, please go through this as well as the other jazz threads on the forum.
Old 1st December 2010, 00:20   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Great choice man and I think you are getting a good price also.
Mileage is best in class, I get better than my Santro as I have already told. Handling is very good as well with very less body roll, much much better than any of the tall boys. I am able to take corners at 3-digit speeds confidently.

*** depends a lot on the dealer.So, please check with Bangalore guys.

Try to bargain hard for some more accessories - spoiler/fogs/side step garnish etc. You can go through this thread for details. Also, make sure you get Michelin tyres for your car and check the VIN to confirm the manufacturing month and year. Best of luck and keep us posted
Old 1st December 2010, 08:19   #237
BHPian

@adi : What are the time intervals / kms for the first 3 services ? How many free services does Honda offer ?

@all : 1. The OE alloys, does Honda make them or source it from some other vendor ?

2. Honda Jazz is one best cars available in India at the moment. But whether its VFM or not is a different arguement, lets not get into that. High pricing of the car is the main reason behind its dwindling sales. On adding all the monthly sales, Honda would have sold abt 12k - 15k cars since its launch last year. On analyzing the sales pattern of the Jazz for the last few months we find that Honda sells less 500 Jazz every month. So what does the future hold for Jazz in terms of A.S.S. and availability of spares ? Would Honda keep the car in market for its usual 5 year cycle only or would they continue even after ?
Adi, I saw that you have raised a similar concern in the Honda Brio thread.
Old 1st December 2010, 08:25   #238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
replies below in bold

FE update
With my sedate drving style, the onboard FE calculator is showing 16 kmpl..WOW!

I have promised myself to drive like this for the next 2 tankfuls at least. And currently I am enjoying it a lot as it is more of a game to extract maximum mileage without going too slow.
That's great stuff Adimicra! Well done!

I've decided to drive the Jazz sedately as well. The last few times I drove it quickly in city-limits, I got a bit scared if I'm honest! SO I shall be going easy on the loud pedal for sometime now! And I shall see what the car gives me in terms of FE.

Quote:
Folks,

Great choice there Steve! Despite the Jazz lacking in the features department a tad, it's a fantastic car that's very well engineered and designed.

The Handling is great and it feels rooted to the road around some fast corners and it feels quite chuckable around bends so the Handling is good. Do opt for the Michelins, they provide better grip. And haggle for accessories as much as possible, the dealerships will oblige!

Do get some dark tints as the glass-house on the Jazz is massive and it's easy to burn the car up when parked in the heat for even a short while. Tints should solve that issue.
Old 1st December 2010, 09:06   #239
BHPian

Quote:
2. Honda Jazz is one best cars available in India at the moment. But whether its VFM or not is a different arguement, lets not get into that. High pricing of the car is the main reason behind its dwindling sales. On adding all the monthly sales, Honda would have sold abt 12k - 15k cars since its launch last year. On analyzing the sales pattern of the Jazz for the last few months we find that Honda sells less 500 Jazz every month. So what does the future hold for Jazz in terms of A.S.S. and availability of spares ? Would Honda keep the car in market for its usual 5 year cycle only or would they continue even after ?
Adi, I saw that you have raised a similar concern in the Honda Brio thread.
All Jazz owners, I'm not trying to have a go at Honda / the car, its just that even I am interested in the Jazz and these are some genuine concerns which are bothering prospective buyers. How much of a role would/does Jazz play in Honda's future plans for India ?

Last edited by donarun : 1st December 2010 at 09:13.
Old 1st December 2010, 10:36   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All Jazz owners, I'm not trying to have a go at Honda / the car, its just that even I am interested in the Jazz and these are some genuine concerns which are bothering prospective buyers. How much of a role would/does Jazz play in Honda's future plans for India ?
Honda is preparing for the launch of another hutch back, which is supposed to be positioned at the semi entry level - mainly to compet with the likes of i10. With that in place, JAZZ will be the filler in between. Only thing lacking from my point of view is that - Honda should have a strip down variant of JAZZ and price it somewhere around 6.5L OTR. I do not know if that is possible for Honda.

Having said that, if one is prepared to spend that extra money - it is one of the best cars to own. After all, satisfaction in owning a good car is what matters in the end.

I do not think Honda will discontinue JAZZ just for the sake of it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks