Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 23:11   #211
BHPian

Hi,
I am happy to inform everyone here that I am about to book Honda Jazz X in taffeta white color with Michelin tyres. I need a clarification here:
On the Honda Jazz Website it is mentioned that the price of Honda Jazz X is Rs.7,60,558(including standard kit). What is this standard kit???

My dealer is giving me a 'complimentary' kit comprising of Floor mats, body cover, mud flaps, cushions etc worth Rs.8,000/- Is it this 'Standard Kit' or something else?

Please clarify.

Thanks & regards

DevRishi
Old 25th November 2010, 12:03   #212
BHPian

hey adi,

i wish to know from you the output of the ICE music system. Does the system have a dvd player?( if i burn audio on dvd) or is it just a cd?? Are the stock speakers good enough or worth a change??

Please enlighten me.
Old 25th November 2010, 13:10   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devrishi View Post
Hi,
I am happy to inform everyone here that I am about to book Honda Jazz X in taffeta white color with Michelin tyres. I need a clarification here:
On the Honda Jazz Website it is mentioned that the price of Honda Jazz X is Rs.7,60,558(including standard kit). What is this standard kit???

My dealer is giving me a 'complimentary' kit comprising of Floor mats, body cover, mud flaps, cushions etc worth Rs.8,000/- Is it this 'Standard Kit' or something else?

Please clarify.

Thanks & regards

DevRishi
Congrats mate! I guess you are the first Jazz X owner in the forum. Though White looks great in Jazz, why not go for the rally red color available in Jazz X?
I miss the boot lamp and the usb port available in Jazz X.
Keep us posted.

I think the standard kit includes the spoiler and the body-colored front grill. I hate the front grill to be honest. I guess these are optional stuff and do not come as factory-fitted. So, you can save some money if you do not take those. Personally, I would advise not to take the front grill - it looks hideous particularly in white and you can save some money as well. Best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
hey adi,

i wish to know from you the output of the ICE music system. Does the system have a dvd player?( if i burn audio on dvd) or is it just a cd?? Are the stock speakers good enough or worth a change??

Please enlighten me.
Hi, I haven't tried it but I think it might not work. Let me give a try.
The stock system is good enough if you are not a very keen music lover. To put it in a different way, the audio system is as good as you can get in a stock system in cars of this price range.
I had plans of upgrading the speakers but I have dropped the plan as I am pretty satisfied with the current output.
Old 25th November 2010, 15:05   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devrishi View Post
Hi,

Please clarify.

Thanks & regards

DevRishi
Start a thread Devrishi. And may I ask, why not the hot red color?? Else, there are ample reasons to go for the Select, if you can skip the USB, bootlamp and other small features and save them for many things better.
Old 26th November 2010, 10:56   #215
DKW
BHPian

Hello Adimicra, I'm planning to go for the Jazz in Goa. I have attached the price list however I feel the Registration Charges are too high and over and above it the Labor and Handling charges. Kindly advise if these are too high. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: doc COASTAL HONDA THE ALL NEW HONDA CITY Date.doc (80.0 KB, 489 views)
Old 26th November 2010, 13:13   #216
Senior - BHPian

I was over at the Honda dealership today. Happened to see a Rally Red Select edtion of the Jazz. And this was NOT the Jazz X. It had beige interiors and the regular matt chrome Alloys unlike the black interiors and the gunmetal alloys on the X variant. No 'X' badging as well. Maybe Honda decided to provide the Rally red color option for the Select variant now?
Old 26th November 2010, 13:25   #217
BHPian

Quote:
hey adi,

Please enlighten me.
Here are my impressions on the music system.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2141139
Old 26th November 2010, 13:41   #218
Team-BHP Support

Adimicra,

Have been following the thread intently, but every time I was about to post, something would go wrong!

Anyway, I'm proud to be a part of the Jazz club! It's such a fantastic car. So well engineered and thought out. A very intelligently designed car! Trust the Japs to do just that!

So what's your latest update!?
Old 27th November 2010, 00:54   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Adimicra,

Have been following the thread intently, but every time I was about to post, something would go wrong!

Anyway, I'm proud to be a part of the Jazz club! It's such a fantastic car. So well engineered and thought out. A very intelligently designed car! Trust the Japs to do just that!

So what's your latest update!?
Hey Suhaas, long time man! Hows your jazz doing?? Whats the FE in city and highways?? how many kms done??
Old 27th November 2010, 01:15   #220
akp
BHPian

Quote:
hey adi,

i wish to know from you the output of the ICE music system. Does the system have a dvd player?( if i burn audio on dvd) or is it just a cd??
Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Hi, I haven't tried it but I think it might not work. Let me give a try.

It's a cd player - does not play dvd's of any kind unfortunately.
Old 27th November 2010, 09:54   #221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey Suhaas, long time man! Hows your jazz doing?? Whats the FE in city and highways?? how many kms done??
Hi coolmel!

Yup! It's been a while! The Jazz just keeps getting better every day! FE figures have improved steadily. We get a very respectable 12 km/l in the city with the AC on and if we're very light footed, it manages 13.5 km/l. On the highway, it's a different story! Twice on the highway, it has managed 19.5 km/l and 20.5 km/l with the AC on both times! Astonishing!

Haven't checked the ODO, will update in my thread!

P.S. Adimicra, sorry for hijacking the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
It's a cd player - does not play dvd's of any kind unfortunately.
I recently discovered that the Jazz's music system is bluetooth compatible! It's come as a bit of a shock to me! I need more info on this! So even though it can't play DVDs, you can sync your phone to it and make calls and even play music without stupid wires!
Old 27th November 2010, 12:00   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Hi coolmel!

Yup! It's been a while! The Jazz just keeps getting better every day! FE figures have improved steadily. We get a very respectable 12 km/l in the city with the AC on and if we're very light footed, it manages 13.5 km/l. On the highway, it's a different story! Twice on the highway, it has managed 19.5 km/l and 20.5 km/l with the AC on both times! Astonishing!

Haven't checked the ODO, will update in my thread!

P.S. Adimicra, sorry for hijacking the thread!

I recently discovered that the Jazz's music system is bluetooth compatible! It's come as a bit of a shock to me! I need more info on this! So even though it can't play DVDs, you can sync your phone to it and make calls and even play music without stupid wires!
Suhas: You got to be kidding! how can it be bluetooth compatible!!! (that is great news, thank you Honda for keeping a little surprise ) But did you find this out or is it mentioned in the manual?? This is great stuff. Sorry adi for the hijack. But you can use this info as well mate.
Old 27th November 2010, 12:30   #223
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I think you would probably have to buy a bluetooth kit for that. And that would be around 20k im guessing, since its that much for the Accord kit.
Old 27th November 2010, 16:18   #224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Suhas: You got to be kidding! how can it be bluetooth compatible!!! (that is great news, thank you Honda for keeping a little surprise ) But did you find this out or is it mentioned in the manual?? This is great stuff. Sorry adi for the hijack. But you can use this info as well mate.
Found out about it here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...aunched-5.html

Look at the bottom of the thread. Post by devashi84.

It's great great news! But... there is a catch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I think you would probably have to buy a bluetooth kit for that. And that would be around 20k im guessing, since its that much for the Accord kit.
And there always has to be a catch! 20k for a bluetooth car kit is much. Especially since cars like the Figo and the Punto come with it as standard-equipment in the top-end variant.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th November 2010 at 16:20.
Old 27th November 2010, 21:47   #225
Senior - BHPian

Good to see the thread active in my absence.
I am very much keen to have the usb port and BT in my car but the problem is Honda is silent and not even providing any solutions for these.
Also, the cost seems too high!

I have nothing much to update - the car is running absolutely fine and I am loving the wonderful engine more and more!

I drive with a heavy foot and my trips are for very short distances within city. I was getting an FE of around 11.5 kmpl with 100%AC in those conditions which is anyway very good considering I get around 10.5-11 kmpl in my Santro under similar conditions.

I have decided to drive with a light foot for the next 2-3 tankfuls to see how much I can extract. And the initial results are very promising to say the least - the onboard FE calculator is now showing 15.6 kmpl in city driving conditions with 100%AC. This is awesome! I need to wait for some more time to calculate the real FE but going by experience, the real FE will be around 14.75 kmpl, which is amazing!

I plan to do some 0-100 and top speed tests after a month or so, now that the car har run in for 3000 kms. Will keep all posted.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks