Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 22:49   #121
Senior - BHPian

I am back and time to rejuvenate this thread.

Quite a lot has happened in the last month or so. I have clocked 1500 kms+ on the odo and got my baby dressed up.

Let me start with the accessories -

There was lot of issues regarding the availability of the Active Kit, which was promised to me at 14K. Finally, didn't give the 14K due to non-availability and instead got a few stuff free of cost.
1> Alloy wheels - These are the same alloys as the Jazz Select/City V. I wanted to get the gunmetal alloys from Jazz X but couldn't get those. The alloys looks classy and understated. (got FOC from the dealer)
2> Rear parcel tray - got FOC from the dealer.
1> Illuminated door step garnishes ( Honda genuine, got FOC from the dealer).
2> Tailgate spoiler ( Honda genuine, same as the one on Jazz X, again got FOC from the dealer).
3> Sunfilm - I went with 3M RE 35, as suggested by @akshay1234! I think this is the most important accessory for Jazz given the huge glass area. The sun film is very effective and add to the looks of the car, as my car is white. I would definitely recommend this to all Jazz owners and thanks to Akshay for suggesting it. ( Cost 4.5K)
4> Fog lamps - I could not get the original fog lamps. So, with some apprehension went for after market stuff, but very satisfied with the end result. The fog lamp kit is made by ESUSE, a taiwanese company whereas the lights are manugactured by OSRAM. The lights are H11 55W ( same specas that mentioned in the Jazz manual). The installation was very clean and there was no wire cutting as provision was already there - I was present during the entire installation. Looks exactly same as the fog lights on Jazzz X and the illumination is also great. Costed me 4.5k including installation
5> Seat covers - I went for art leather seat covers with choco-oyester (beige-brown)color combonation. Again, very satisfied with the quality of the fitment and the material. Costed me 5K including labor.There were a few chepaer alternatives, but I didn't like the material and finishing on those.

I got the fog lamps and seat covers fitted from Indian Decars, Banjara Hills as recommended somewhere in this forum. I must admit that the entire experience was very pleasant - honest and transparent people, will definitely recommend them to anyone in Hyderabad.

The car looks fab with the tints, alloys and spoiler.

Some pics -

Seat covers
like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1446.jpg

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1455.jpg

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1456.jpg

Illuminated door step garnishes

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1454.jpg

Alloys

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1457.jpg
Old 27th September 2010, 23:26   #122
Senior - BHPian

Made a short trip to Anantgiri hills, on the outskirts of Hyderabad. The roads are horrible full of XL size potholes, though there was lush greenery on both sides of the road.
Clicked some random pics of my car and came back!
like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1422.jpg
like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1433.jpg
like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1434.jpg
like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1436.jpg
like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1439.jpg
like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1441.jpg
like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1442.jpg

Last edited by adimicra : 27th September 2010 at 23:35.
Old 27th September 2010, 23:57   #123
BHPian

your jazz looks super.
dark tints and white car is a great combo.

thanks for the info on the foglamps,
even i plan to get them installed but was a bit apprehensive about an aftermarket fitment. but now i will get it done as soon as i get time.
where did you install the switch to turn them on?
Old 28th September 2010, 01:44   #124
agm
BHPian

Wow your car looks stunning

How is the ride quality? Also ,ground clearance being just 160mm, do the underbody scrape over the humps?
Old 28th September 2010, 08:39   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
your jazz looks super.
dark tints and white car is a great combo.

thanks for the info on the foglamps,
even i plan to get them installed but was a bit apprehensive about an aftermarket fitment. but now i will get it done as soon as i get time.
where did you install the switch to turn them on?
Hey man, The switch is placed next to the headlight level adjuster where you have couple of dummy switches. Looks pretty neat! Also, whenever you switch off the main headlights, the fogs are switched off as well!

Quote:
Wow your car looks stunning

How is the ride quality? Also ,ground clearance being just 160mm, do the underbody scrape over the humps?
After a long time man. WHat happened to your car? I remember the stuff about the dealer selling the car to someone else!
Ride quality is ok - it is little stiff but frankly speaking, it is not bad at all! Definitely can be lived with but it is no Punto!
GC - no issues so far! May be because I seldom have 5 people travelling in my car. As I was mentioning, the road to AnantGiri hills was full of potholes and at some place, I was pretty sure that the underbody will scrape but fortunately nothing happened. I think the suspension of the Jazz being a tad on the stiffer side helps. I do not think it is always wise to go with the number for GC - I know Fabia had a GC of 145 mm but it used to go over the humps easily!
Old 28th September 2010, 13:28   #126
Team-BHP Support

Looks good buddy but those tints dont look like RE35 to me. They might be CS35 or something. Please double check with your installer.
Old 28th September 2010, 13:37   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Looks good buddy but those tints dont look like RE35 to me. They might be CS35 or something. Please double check with your installer.
I too feel the same! I have RE35 on my car and it has a slight reflective property. See my garage for a picture. This must be CS35.
Old 28th September 2010, 14:09   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I too feel the same! I have RE35 on my car and it has a slight reflective property. See my garage for a picture. This must be CS35.
Guys,
I too have my doubts regarding the same. This might be CS or SP, God knows what but it is working fine.
I was not present during the time of installation and the installation was done in the Honda dealership and I do not have any trust on what they say! Actually, I realized much later that the dealership people can't be trusted regarding the accessories otherwise I would have been present! Anyway, nothing can be done right now I guess.
@akshay and others, do you suggest Garware Icecool for the windscreen sunfilm? is it good? What is the approx cost? Do you suggest any other sun films within reasonable cost for the windscreen?
Old 28th September 2010, 15:24   #129
Senior - BHPian

Akshay,
one question for you and other sun film experts? Are there any issues if the sun films are replaced?
I will wait for your reply before making a final decision regarding the windscreen sun film.
Old 28th September 2010, 15:34   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Akshay,
one question for you and other sun film experts? Are there any issues if the sun films are replaced?
I will wait for your reply before making a final decision regarding the windscreen sun film.
There wouldn't be any issues, I got changed on all 4 doors of my ANHC due to bubbles (formed during install) that were not acceptable for me.
Old 28th September 2010, 15:42   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Actually, I realized much later that the dealership people can't be trusted regarding the accessories otherwise I would have been present! Anyway, nothing can be done right now I guess.
@akshay and others, do you suggest Garware Icecool for the windscreen sunfilm? is it good? What is the approx cost? Do you suggest any other sun films within reasonable cost for the windscreen?
Precisely the reason why I told you to get it done outside earlier in this thread. But as long as your happy with it, thats all that matters.

For the front I suggest 3M CR70, it will cost about the same as your sides and back film put together. Ive heard garware icecool is good too.

Quote:
Akshay,
No issues if film is replaced as long as its done properly. I just got the film on my Accord replaced.
Old 28th September 2010, 16:11   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Precisely the reason why I told you to get it done outside earlier in this thread. But as long as your happy with it, thats all that matters.
For the front I suggest 3M CR70, it will cost about the same as your sides and back film put together. Ive heard garware icecool is good too.
No issues if film is replaced as long as its done properly. I just got the film on my Accord replaced.

I had asked the accessories person specifically about which sun film they are putting on my car? The said RE35 - I must have checked with him at least 5 times.
Just now, I called this guy and still he kept on saying it's RE35! Then I said that I compared with my friend's car who has got RE35 and it is different and I will bring both cars to the dealership.
Then he agreed that it is indeed the SP series

Thanks to you and others for pointing it out. God knows what happens to the poor fellows who are not member of T-BHP. They don't even get to know that they are cheated.

Now I have 2 options - either get some refund back from the dealer or replace the Sp with RE35. I am wondering what to do!

@akshay, I got it done from the dealer as I was getting the sun films in place of some accessories which were included in the deal ( for which I had already made the payment) and those accessories were not available. As you all know, it is difficult to get the money back from the dealership.
Old 28th September 2010, 16:20   #133
BHPian

Hi Akshay, any idea how can one identify if the sunfilm is genuine VKool or not. I got sunfilms on my ANHC installed at dealership and he gave me a letter on VKool's letter head with my car details saying its the certificate. With what has happened with adimicra even i am concerned if i have been cheated by the dealer.
Old 28th September 2010, 16:27   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Now I have 2 options - either get some refund back from the dealer or replace the Sp with RE35. I am wondering what to do!

As you all know, it is difficult to get the money back from the dealership.
Adimicra, Congrats on your Jazz, looks beautiful in the pics. Would suggest if you are happy with the current setup of SP, dont change them instead negotiate with the dealer to give you CR70 for the front windscreen for having messed up and not told you.
I have CR70 on my ANHC and would recommend it. Happy mile munching and drive safe.

Cheers
Uday
Old 28th September 2010, 16:29   #135
BHPian

It should be wiser to replace the ones on the side. Leave the hatch door filming as it is (if you are Ok with how it looks). It would not look bad IMO and there would'nt be any risk of damaging the demister either.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks