Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2010, 16:10   #76
Senior - BHPian

Ya ya. totally understand. My cousin took a while to justify his decision of buying Jazz to himself and his family. But it was the heart that won. He booked jazz and polo 1.2 HL on same day. Jazz was delivered to him in a week's time. with select + active + some other freebies he got INR 7.67 OTR in Surat and so far done over 3400 kms. He is completley satisfied with the car. He has been doing highway + city runs. He gets a mileage of 13 kmpl in city and about 16 kmpl on highways.

Sadly the Polo is still not delivered and is expected to arrive in mid Sept.
Old 13th August 2010, 17:29   #77
agm
BHPian

Just came back from the honda dealer

Kept on negotiating with him for more than hour,also showed this thread to him ,to make him realise that what offer he gave aint the best,and should get something more .Final offer he gave me - 7.61L after 60k discount + 19k for 4+1(spare wheel) alloy , parcel tray , mud flap , floor mat ,3M coating and active/select Kit ,also he promised me to give Michelin tyres . Final price for the fully loaded Jazz - 7.8L

Last edited by agm : 13th August 2010 at 17:31.
Old 13th August 2010, 17:59   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Just came back from the honda dealer

Kept on negotiating with him for more than hour,also showed this thread to him ,to make him realise that what offer he gave aint the best,and should get something more .Final offer he gave me - 7.61L after 60k discount + 19k for 4+1(spare wheel) alloy , parcel tray , mud flap , floor mat ,3M coating and active/select Kit ,also he promised me to give Michelin tyres . Final price for the fully loaded Jazz - 7.8L
Good to know that this thread is helping you!
I got a call from the head of the dealership and the regional Head of Honda complimenting me for this thread and for recommending the dealership ..they should give me some freebies I guess! That's the power of T-Bhp
fair deal I would say , make sure you have both the active and select kit within the price. I paid 8.1L for the same stuff you mentioned because of the road tax in AP
Active kit will be a really drool maal, I am also eagerly waiting for it!

The only difference I feel is I paid 14K extra whereas he is asking for 19K extra..so that's just a 5K difference

Last edited by adimicra : 13th August 2010 at 18:04.
Old 14th August 2010, 16:12   #79
Senior - BHPian

some thoughts on the driving experience

I took my baby for a spin this morning particularly to test the handling capabilities of the car and I am very impressed. Let me put my thoughts on the overall driving experience -
Engine - Super refined and super smooth! I am not exceeding 3500 rpm for now, only once I revved to 55000 rpm to overtake some idiot. So, it is not right for me to comment on the flat out acceleration and top speed - those willbe tested once the first 1000 km is over. The low end response is quite good, if not great ( I have been driving around 2K rpm for most of the time). Above 2500-3000 rpm, the acceleration gets progressively stronger and the car takes off after 4000 rpm roughly. Can't wait to redline this baby!

Handling - The car is a very good handler, period. I took several turns at 100+ speeds ( the car does 100 in 5th gear at 3000 rpm). The chasis of the Jazz exhibits lot of confidence and poise while cornering - no surprise as the same chasis handles the 1.5 vtec engine of the City in international markets. There is minimal body roll and the tyres stayed glued to the road ( no screeching sound at all). The handling of the car has been a big positive surprise to me, never expected the car to be such a good handler! I actually went back and read the reviews from various mags like Autocar and I was surprised to see that all the mags rate the car as a very good handler - the only complaint about the handling was the tires which I do not have with the Michelins. My only small grouse is that the steering is not as connected as the Punto/Fiesta. ( the steering is similar to Polo IMO).

Ride quality - There is no denying the fact that the suspension of the Jazz is on the harder side. So, the low speed ride quality is a little siff,not bad or uncomfortable but not great either (IMO Punto is the best followed by Polo). The ride quality improves as the speed climbs up over 50-60 kmph and at higher speeds, the ride is nice. On the flip side, the firm suspension means less body roll and more stability at speed - less wallowing effect over uneven surfaces at high speeds (I felt this excessive wallowing in I20 and Micra which was very bad). I am yet to go beyond 120 kmph but I feel stability will be very good even at 150 kmph.

That's all for now! So far so good.
Waiting for the kits to arrive so that I can get my baby fully dressed up for the party!
Old 14th August 2010, 16:54   #80
BHPian

adimicra? was it 5500 rpm or 55000 rpm. I guess it was a typo. But anyways, Jazz is a wonderful car that has a super slient engine. I had driven my friend's jazz! superb handling and good engine which I would say is the best among hatches.
Old 14th August 2010, 17:11   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
adimicra? was it 5500 rpm or 55000 rpm. I guess it was a typo. But anyways, Jazz is a wonderful car that has a super slient engine. I had driven my friend's jazz! superb handling and good engine which I would say is the best among hatches.
Sorry for the typo - I do not think any car is capable of going at that rpm..even the F1 cars have redline at 18000-19000 rpm!

I always knew the Jazz engine is one of the best in the petrol hatchbacks ( if you exclude the old Palio 1.6 or the soon-to-be-launched Polo 1.6) - so that is not a big surprise!
What has surprised me is the handling - I expected this to be a decent handler but it has turned out to be a very good handler indeed! Please find below the comparison from Autocar's last issue about the various aspects of handling of all petrol cars in this segment - and I agree totally with the ratings have been given by Autocar!

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-handling.jpg

Last edited by adimicra : 14th August 2010 at 17:16.
Old 14th August 2010, 20:45   #82
Senior - BHPian

interior pics at night

Boot space - 2 full size suitcases and there is still room for plenty more.

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1381.jpg

Magic seats - tall more. With the smaller rear seat up, you can easily fit a very big suitcase inside and there is room for lot more

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1384.jpg

Meter console at night - looks fab with orange lighting. My camera could not capture the display properly. The MID shows odometer, tripmeter, instantaneous FE, avg FE and DTE.

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1386.jpg

The audio and the Ac controls (backlit) at night -

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1394.jpg

Illuminated power window for the driver's side at night. Someone had enquired about it. Also notice the small button before that - that is to lock all the power windows - good feature to have if you have a kid.

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1398.jpg

Magic seats in use - they fold absolutely flat. With the smaller rear seat down.

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1402.jpg

With both seats down - you can move your house in it!

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1404.jpg

luggage hook in the boot ( there are 2 of them )- useful if you have a small carry bag.

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1405.jpg

Small compartment in the boot for nick nacks - very handy.

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1406.jpg

2 mobile holders and 2 bottle holders behind the handbrake.

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1409.jpg

Chrome finished golf-ball shaped gear knob - looks great and nice to use

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1407.jpg

Additional storage in the front center area before the handbrake - space for 2 bottle holders, ashtray, coins and other small stuff. The middle piece is removable if you plan to keep some bigger stuff.

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-img_1410.jpg
Old 15th August 2010, 10:16   #83
BHPian

Adimicra,

What is the date of manufacturing of your Jazz, Did you check the VIN? I am being offered a few models with Jan 2010? think i should go ahead? Similer discounts.

Kenneth
Old 15th August 2010, 13:33   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Adimicra,

What is the date of manufacturing of your Jazz, Did you check the VIN? I am being offered a few models with Jan 2010? think i should go ahead? Similer discounts.

Kenneth
Yes, checked the VIN. Mine is March 2010 manufactured and BS IV. (all thanks to our in-house expert @Wildon)
Initially, I was also offered the Jan2010 manufactured BS III vehicle but I waited for the next lot for Michelin tyres and the next lot had Michelin tyres and also BS IV vehicles luckily!
For Jazz, I do not think there is any change in the engine or tuning for BS IV. So, really does not matter! Even if it was BS III, I would have gone for it. Just do a detailed PDI and you should be fine! Also, check out the place where the vehicle is kept and how it is kept!
Old 15th August 2010, 13:55   #85
BHPian

Thanks to Adi for offering me a test drive of his new Jazz. I'm pretty impressed at the end of it.

This is one car where the rear is as exciting as the front. I did know that it's high on practicality, but man I was still surprised/amused to look at the space available. You fold both the rear seats and you have 5 ft of space length-wise, which means you could carry a roll-able mattress on your long drives and actually lie down and sleep comfortably. Ideal when you want to put your kids to sleep during your overnight drives. Is this possible on sedans if the seats are collapsible? I doubt.

Handling as mention by Adi is very good, with ride/performance/driveability being pretty good. Space & stock music system are excellent. I think the music system is same as the one in the City.

One should definitely consider the Jazz if willing to spend 8L. It's worth the money, though I wish it had

- the 1.5 engine
- boot & reading lights

EDIT: forgot to mention about the all-round visibility. Awesome!

Last edited by sureshaddagalla : 15th August 2010 at 14:04. Reason: -
Old 15th August 2010, 20:28   #86
BHPian

Congratulations Adi!
I also sometime felt seeing Jazz on roads that it looks more of a MPV, from your pictures it is clear that the space inside is h u g e and your review gives the impression of Jazz being a wonderful all-rounder.

Wish you very happy ownership and many many happy miles!
Old 15th August 2010, 23:10   #87
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car mate. Did you try the locking/unlocking feature mentioned by someone above?

What was the on-road price you paid?

What FE are you getting right now?

Last edited by devarshi84 : 15th August 2010 at 23:11.
Old 15th August 2010, 23:19   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Congratulations Adi!
I also sometime felt seeing Jazz on roads that it looks more of a MPV, from your pictures it is clear that the space inside is h u g e and your review gives the impression of Jazz being a wonderful all-rounder.

Wish you very happy ownership and many many happy miles!
Thank you Avon. So far so good, the last 1 week with the car has been an absolute bliss!

Quote:
Thanks to Adi for offering me a test drive of his new Jazz. I'm pretty impressed at the end of it.

This is one car where the rear is as exciting as the front. I did know that it's high on practicality, but man I was still surprised/amused to look at the space available. You fold both the rear seats and you have 5 ft of space length-wise, which means you could carry a roll-able mattress on your long drives and actually lie down and sleep comfortably. Ideal when you want to put your kids to sleep during your overnight drives. Is this possible on sedans if the seats are collapsible? I doubt.

Handling as mention by Adi is very good, with ride/performance/driveability being pretty good. Space & stock music system are excellent. I think the music system is same as the one in the City.

One should definitely consider the Jazz if willing to spend 8L. It's worth the money, though I wish it had

- the 1.5 engine
- boot & reading lights

EDIT: forgot to mention about the all-round visibility. Awesome!
Suresh,
It was a pleasure meeting you! We spent a good time together and I was surprised to see the bass tube in your Santro!
Only thing is - all those fundae about the running-in period was thrown out of the window and we ended up giving my baby quite a rip - what else to expect when 2 petrolheads meet .
We hit a speed to 170 kmph (speedo indicated) in very quick time and then slowed down! Hitting 185-190 kmph on the speedo seems to be very much possible in this car.
We took quite a few turns at 100+ speeds and both of use were impressed with the poise shown by the car in the handling department.
As you said and I had mentioned earlier, the boot light and the reading lights should have been there in this car ( particularly since those are available in the international models, bad and stupid cost-cutting by Honda).

I discovered a nice small feature in my car today -
The power windows stay activated for a min or so after you turn off the Ignition. Say, your window in open and you parked your car and tuned off the Ignition, there is no need to turn on the Ignition to operate the power windows. This used to happen with me in my Santro pretty often as I like to drive with the windows open as much as possible and I had to start the engine just to close the power windows.

Last edited by adimicra : 15th August 2010 at 23:22.
Old 15th August 2010, 23:27   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Congrats on the new car mate. Did you try the locking/unlocking feature mentioned by someone above?

What was the on-road price you paid?

What FE are you getting right now?
Thanks and congrats to you as well. I paid 8L OTR till now and I have to pay another 14K for the Active Kit (when I actually receive it) So, total 8.14L for Jazz+select kit+Active Kit + (mats+Teflon). FYI - the OTR price for Jazz base model is 8.62 and for Select it is 8.75. If you take the market price for Active, the total OTR will be around 9.15 I guess - so it is a total discount of 1L, some cash and some accessories!

That master lock switch is not present in the Indian model but I will try and see if it can be activated anyway by some firmware update etc ( it has been done in cars like I20) - need a knowledgeable service guy!

Till now, I am getting around 13-13.5 in City driving ( going to office and coming back). I got around 16-16.5 when I took it out for a spin in the outskirts of the city! All figures with AC on!

How is your baby performing?

Last edited by adimicra : 15th August 2010 at 23:29.
Old 16th August 2010, 17:36   #90
BHPian

Thanks Adimicra for this excellent thread.
I am planning to buy a SPACIOUS hatchback and I think Jazz suits my requirements. With all the details which you have put in the thread, now I am sure, ITS JAZZ.
Btw - I am getting a cash discount of around 66K + Select Kit in Bangalore. I will try to bargain for some more (inspired by you ).
I am kind of no brainer when it comes to Cars Performance, engine etc. End of Day, I drove it and I loved it.
Will book it in 2/3 Days.
Any suggestions, advises?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks