Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2010, 22:58   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit162 View Post
Want to fix reversing sensors in my Jazz - any idea will it effect the warranty?I had once asked the dealer here.He had said that I should use good quality indian ones and not the cheap chinese ones available.
adimicra you had perhaps fitted the open market fog lamps what is the cost ? - and I guess no issues as aprehended above.Do let me know.
Thanks.
Initially, I had plans of fitting the reverse parking sensors as the car is pretty big. But later after I started to use the OVRMs, I did not feel the need to do so. In fact, the electric mirror adjustments offfer excellent range and now I do not feel the need of parking sensors. Also, I was not very pleased with the aesthetics of those. Another thing which bothered me is - I might become over confident about parking once I fit the parking sensors which can lead to accidents as the sensors do not cover the entire range.

It will cost you around 3.5 to 4K. Better to get it from the dealer as it will take care of warranty issues.
Regarding the fog lamps, I have posted the details earlier. There is no question of violating warranty as there are already provisions for fitting the fogs and involves no wire cutting etc. The fog lamps I have fitted are very good , as good as the original ones (if not better). The fog lamps are manufactured by OSRAM, who are one of the best in the business and the kit is manufactured by ESUSE, a Taiwanese company who specializes in these. I am very satisfied with the fog lamps and recommend it.

A note about the sun film (3M CR 70) -
No issues with visibility at night and the heat rejection is very good. Total paisa vasool. Considering the size of the windscreen in Jazz, it is definitely recommended and does a world of good to the AC performance and overall comfort.

Last edited by adimicra : 13th October 2010 at 23:02.
Old 15th October 2010, 07:52   #182
Senior - BHPian

impact of car on family life

Slightly OT post, kindly excuse

Thought of sharing some other impact of my new car on my life!

Initially when we purchased Jazz, my wife was very happy as it was the car she liked most! But things have changed in the last couple of months and how!

Now, my wife is totally irritated with my obsession towards my car! SO much so that when I told her that I had an accident (dog hit) and there is some damage to the car, she did not even bother to look at it. Now-a-days, she walks away whenever I mention anything about my car.And she has given an ultimatum - if I again talk about the car in house, she will not talk to me

Now, I don't know which smiley to put - OR

Don't know what's the case with you all. DO you guys face the same music at home?

Last edited by adimicra : 15th October 2010 at 07:54.
Old 15th October 2010, 10:22   #183
Senior - BHPian

^^^

At times it happens with me too. If it takes more than two hours to wash the car. When I am sad and desperate on minor scratches due to pebbles hitting or parking blunders (mostly our neighbor's and kids playing around). Sometimes pour oil on fire when I steal her Acetone (Nail polish remover) for minor paint scratch removing and Milky white nail polish for minor bumper scratch touch ups

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 15th October 2010, 16:11   #184
BHPian

Well my wife's resigned to the fact that I devote a lot of time to my cars ( Jazz and Santro) and often on saturdays,sundays/ holidays half the day( and at times more!) would be spent just sprucing the cars.But I guess do limit your obsession so that it does not end up neglecting household and family related work !
I have recently got the Com-Paint value pack from com-paint.com for Rs 400/- (Honda Tafeta white) to touch up lower bumper scrapes/scratches.Have yet to try it though. Earlier I had been using their kits on my white Maruti van and had been quite satisfied then.I had also got a little bit of paint from the dealer (around 10-15ml) for touch up jobs, but that tends to thicken up fast and is not very effective.

Last edited by amit162 : 15th October 2010 at 16:21. Reason: full details of product available at the portal
amit162 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2010, 16:37   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Slightly OT post, kindly excuse

Now, my wife is totally irritated with my obsession towards my car! SO much so that when I told her that I had an accident (dog hit) and there is some damage to the car, she did not even bother to look at it. Now-a-days, she walks away whenever I mention anything about my car.And she has given an ultimatum - if I again talk about the car in house, she will not talk to me
May be she is seeing a competition for herself in your Jazz
Old 15th October 2010, 17:09   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit162 View Post
Earlier, I had noticed that as compared to other cars, Jazz owners where not interacting much in teambhp and after the initial euphoria did not post their experiences - so I had somehow not been reading the threads. One reason is perhaps there is very little negative to speak about so far as Jazz is concerned! I just realised that you have been posting a lot of your experiences about the car which is really great.I now hope to be here more often and interact and gain insights from all.
Thanks .BTW your jazz seat covers really look great.

Quote:
+1 to that. Before I started writing this thread, I was wondering we have may be 3-4 Jazz owners in this forum. But, at least a dozen Jazz owners have replied in this thread itself! I also know quite a few more who have purchased Jazz in the last couple of months but they seldom reply.
Don't know what's the reason. Look at the Polo and Punto threads - they really rock and the owners are very active!
One possible reason could be as you said - the lack of issues/problems. I haven't seen a single Jazz owner with a major problem as yet!
I agree with you guys. Very few Jazz owners are actively contributing to the threads. I was also disappointed with the response that I got after starting my Jazz ownership thread. But I guess I should keep admicra as my idol and keep on posting my experiences and I surely intend to do that.

Regarding the auto lock function I also believe that it is a must because if you forget to lock the door all the locks including doors, boot and fuel lid remains open. I would certainly check out with the service guys in Ahmedabad when I go for fitting front grill in my car in next few days.

p.s. I have posted these back to back posts after a time gap so couldn't use edit button to merge the posts.

Last edited by rutvij : 15th October 2010 at 17:10.
Old 15th October 2010, 18:29   #187
Senior - BHPian

Jazz ggodies to be won on facebook

@amit,@rutvij,@superboy and other Jazz owners -

Good news for all Jazz and Honda car owners. Honda Car India is now-a-days very active on facebook and they have a weekly contest wherein there are giving Jazz goodies (caps or backpacks) to 10 winner each week.
All you have to do is post a nice pic or video of any memorable moment of your car.
More details on -
Honda Car India Welcome | Facebook

I already did the same and received the back pack long back.
The back has Jazz written on it and is worth 2500 bucks and of very good quality.
Would ask everyone to give it a shot! The contest is on for 4 weeks more I guess.
Old 15th October 2010, 20:55   #188
BHPian

congrats on winning the contest,
its nice to see Honda putting a genuine effort to keep its customers happy.
Old 15th October 2010, 21:55   #189
BHPian

Tomorrow getting the delivery of my Jazz. I am having the PDI list with me so will check according to that. Any other points that i need to keep in mind.

Also what is the tyre pressure recomended for Jazz ? i think i read it was 32 for front -30 for back correct me if i am wrong.
Old 15th October 2010, 23:19   #190
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for the replies. Good to hear that I am not the only one in similar situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Tomorrow getting the delivery of my Jazz. I am having the PDI list with me so will check according to that. Any other points that i need to keep in mind.

Also what is the tyre pressure recomended for Jazz ? i think i read it was 32 for front -30 for back correct me if i am wrong.
That's right but you might want to keep 32 on the rear if you have people sitting at the back. Check all power window switches and all the rubber beading on the doors and tailgate. Have you verified the VIN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
congrats on winning the contest,
its nice to see Honda putting a genuine effort to keep its customers happy.
Thanks! They are pretty active on facebook. I will put a pic of the bagpack later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
I agree with you guys. Very few Jazz owners are actively contributing to the threads. I was also disappointed with the response that I got after starting my Jazz ownership thread. But I guess I should keep admicra as my idol and keep on posting my experiences and I surely intend to do that.

Regarding the auto lock function I also believe that it is a must because if you forget to lock the door all the locks including doors, boot and fuel lid remains open. I would certainly check out with the service guys in Ahmedabad when I go for fitting front grill in my car in next few days.
That's the spirit man! Keep us posted about the auto lock function.
Old 15th October 2010, 23:59   #191
Senior - BHPian

lessons learnt about fitting sun film

Given the enormous glass area in the Jazz, sun film is the most important accessory in the car IMO.

Y'day I was cleaning the glass and I noticed something which I am not happy about.
The sun films at the rear and windows were fitted by the dealer as it was part of the 'deal' but to my horror, there are numerous bubbles in those sun films. I should have noted this earlier.

The windscreen sunfilm was fitted at an accessory shop and fortunately, it is fine without any bubbles.

So, some lessons learnt about fitting sun films -
  • Installing sun films requires skilled hands. Please make sure you have seen previous work done by the installer before you entrust him for fitting sunfilm on your car. I had seen the installer at the accessory shop beforehand and was impressed with his work.
  • While getting freebies from the dealer, try to get genuine company accessories like spoiler, alloys, fog lamps etc. Other stuff like paint protection, sun film etc are better bought from a trusted accessory shop where you get more choices and you can see all the stuff getting done in front of your eyes.

My 2 cents ..
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2010, 00:38   #192
BHPian

@scrooze
nice to have one more jazz owner on board,
looking forward to your initial impressions and ownership review once you get your car.

@adimicra
absolutely agree with your views on sunfilm installation,
that is one reason i went for most basic llumar series that cost me just Rs1100.

before getting the sunfilm installed i called up llumar head office to enquire as to about their dealers in ludhiana, there was just one shop he mentioned and there was nothing professional about their work.
they just had the basic variant available and same as your case there are many bubbles visible, got him to change it a couple of times but still a few of them creep in.

frustrated i called up llumar head office and they said that sir we dont have a professional installer in ludhiana but if i could come to delhi he would get whole of the filming replaced to absolute perfection. but thats not really a viable option for me.

its a good thing that now we have a v kool dealership thats opened up here who i feel would do a stellar job considering the brand value and cost.
Old 16th October 2010, 12:39   #193
BHPian

@admicra-
Good news for all Jazz and Honda car owners. Honda Car India is now-a-days very active on facebook and they have a weekly contest wherein there are giving Jazz goodies (caps or backpacks) to 10 winner each week.
All you have to do is post a nice pic or video of any memorable moment of your car.
More details on -
UNQUOTE
Thanks . Have been doing that and was able to link you here from there only(courtesy your profile photo!)Infact I also got a backpack from Honda- its really a good quality one (Reebok supplies I think)Also the forum is pretty good for discussions and Honda's responses are good.
I also posted the issue regarding the autolock function there but was informed the option is not available.
Old 16th October 2010, 16:36   #194
akp
BHPian

Quote:
@amit,@rutvij,@superboy and other Jazz owners -

Good news for all Jazz and Honda car owners.
More details on -

Thanks for sharing the facebook link.

Also, good to see so many Jazz threads (admicra, devarshi, rutvij, superboy, bijujj - any others?) coming alive. I think you deserve a lot of credit for that, admicra.
akp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2010, 15:50   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
Thanks for sharing the facebook link.

Also, good to see so many Jazz threads (admicra, devarshi, rutvij, superboy, bijujj - any others?) coming alive. I think you deserve a lot of credit for that, admicra.
Thanks for the kind words @akp. I guess you were also selected as a winner in Honda facebook.Congrats! Your pics and experiences are awesome and your thread is the one of the reasons for me purchasing this wonderful car!

It's been a while since I updated this thread.
Nothing much to write - the car is running absolutely fine. There is only one minor niggle - a slight inconsistent rattling sound which I believe is coming from the parcel tray.

My 2nd service is due in a week's time and I plan to repair/replace the front grill which was damaged earlier. Will post my service experience after that, though my hopes and expectations are not very high.

Have heard some Jazz owners complain about the low-end-response or the lack of it! Here is my take on it -
Initially, when the car was brand new, the response was dull till about 2200 rpm. Now, after 2.5K kms the response has improved a lot and it responds well from about 1700-1800 rpm. I believe this has something to do with the way you drive you car. From my experience with all cars till date, the cars which are revved well definitely tends to have a better response than cars which are driven very sedately.
For the 1st 1000 kms, I was little cautious with the revs and tried to keep it below 3000 rpm. After that, I have been increasing the revs and the engine has opened up and the low-end response has also improved. I am not recommending full-throttle starts or sustained redlining but I feel it is important to rev the car reasonably well. I would recommend the following rpms for each gear - 1st @3000 rpm, 2nd @4500 rpm, 3rd and 4th @5000-5500 rpm. Any Jazz owners who feel the low-end response is not good, can you rev the car to the above rpms at least sometimes, if not always, for the next 1000-2000 kms and see if there is any difference? You will get a lower mileage but what's the price for that smile on your face ?
Once the engine has opened up and the response is improved, then you can drive sedately to extract the best mileage.

I am so very impressed with this engine and I feel it is definitely one of the best petrol engines among hatchbacks given the combination of power, refinement, smoothness and FE.

Last edited by adimicra : 1st November 2010 at 15:54.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks