Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 16:33   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Adimicra, Congrats on your Jazz, looks beautiful in the pics. Would suggest if you are happy with the current setup of SP, dont change them instead negotiate with the dealer to give you CR70 for the front windscreen for having messed up and not told you.
I have CR70 on my ANHC and would recommend it. Happy mile munching and drive safe.

Cheers
Uday
Thanks Uday! As I told earlier, I am pretty happy with the current sunfilm as I can see significant heat rejection and the difference can be easily felt! Now that many of you has recommended the CR70, what is the cost and more importantly how to identify that I am not being cheated? And this time, I will be present during the installation! Let us talk to the dealer and see what can be done! Also, if anyone knows about the Garware Icecool for windscreen, let me know the effectiveness and cost of the same? Is there any models within the Garware Icecool family like 35/50/70? Not going to get cheated for the second time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
It should be wiser to replace the ones on the side. Leave the hatch door filming as it is (if you are Ok with how it looks). It would not look bad IMO and there would'nt be any risk of damaging the demister either.
That is what the dealer suggested to me as well. They will replace the ones on the sides and leave the tailgate one as it is because chances of messing up the defogger. Sounds reasonable to me. What say?

My preference is the option suggested by @SilkDrive as I do not want the windscreen film to be done from the dealership. I have more faith in the accessory shop than the dealership.

Last edited by adimicra : 28th September 2010 at 16:37.
Old 28th September 2010, 16:49   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Thanks Uday! As I told earlier, I am pretty happy with the current sunfilm as I can see significant heat rejection and the difference can be easily felt! Now that many of you has recommended the CR70, what is the cost and more importantly how to identify that I am not being cheated? And this time, I will be present during the installation!

That is what the dealer suggested to me as well. They will replace the ones on the sides and leave the tailgate one as it is because chances of messing up the defogger. Sounds reasonable to me. What say?

My preference is the option suggested by @SilkDrive as I do not want the windscreen film to be done from the dealership. I have more faith in the accessory shop than the dealership.
Heat Rejection has to be good since it is 35% :-) The difference in RE is that it is reflective - as in the exterior gets a mirror finish.

I too feel that what SilkDrive has suggested is very sensible. Leave the hatch door and change to RE for the sides and for the front windscreen take your business to a reliable accessory shop. Not sure of the pricing for CR70, since I got it as a freebie (assuming this is somewhere in the region of 5K).

One way to ensure it is genuine is to be around when they unpack the sunfilm, the box would have the details of the type and rating of the sunfilm, also the 3M logo runs through the length of the sunfilm
Old 28th September 2010, 17:24   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Uday! As I told earlier, I am pretty happy with the current sunfilm as I can see significant heat rejection and the difference can be easily felt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Heat Rejection has to be good since it is 35% :-) The difference in RE is that it is reflective - as in the exterior gets a mirror finish.
@ Adi : The SP sereis that you are using currently may be good enough for now and I understand that it has asserted its heat rejection capabilities well, in this weather (which has been great in Hyderabad, off late). But, its safer to buckle up for the weather during the sweet March-June period that Hyderabad serves, on a platter, to us.

The heat rejection of the RE35 is significantly higher than the SP35 and you will be able to feel the difference between the 2, almost as prominantly as you did when you installed the current set.

The following info from the 3M india website shows the difference in the performance of these two films.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 3M.bmp (448.0 KB, 368 views)
Old 28th September 2010, 19:51   #139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Now I have 2 options - either get some refund back from the dealer or replace the Sp with RE35. I am wondering what to do!

@akshay, I got it done from the dealer as I was getting the sun films in place of some accessories which were included in the deal ( for which I had already made the payment) and those accessories were not available. As you all know, it is difficult to get the money back from the dealership.
The weather now I presume is not too bad in Hyd but when the summer comes and the sun becomes strong you will wish you had changed the film.

I suggest you get them to change it to RE35, even the hatch door. Just be around and supervise and make sure the guy is not too rough in removing the film on the defogger.

SP is the base 3M film and is roughly 2k cheaper than the RE series so it will make a significant difference with RE.

So forget any refund or anything, just get the rear and the sides changed to RE35 but supervise it. And tell them if anything is damaged it is on them since they tried to cheat you by installing a cheaper sun film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Hi Akshay, any idea how can one identify if the sunfilm is genuine VKool or not. I got sunfilms on my ANHC installed at dealership and he gave me a letter on VKool's letter head with my car details saying its the certificate. With what has happened with adimicra even i am concerned if i have been cheated by the dealer.
Im not exactly sure how to identify it, but how much were you charged? And did u get any warranty card from Vkool? You should have got one unless the letter is the warranty card.
Old 28th September 2010, 22:13   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to you and others for pointing it out. God knows what happens to the poor fellows who are not member of T-BHP. They don't even get to know that they are cheated.

Now I have 2 options - either get some refund back from the dealer or replace the Sp with RE35. I am wondering what to do!
Hi Adi! Your car looks fabulous! Congratulations once again!

As you have mentioned, you noticed the difference since somebody else pointed it out to you. IMHO, take your decision based on your requirement. If the present one is fine for you - Don't bother.

Most of the times, when we bargain heavily with the dealer, heat is transfered to some small vendors who are connected. That is where the problem starts. Compared to the deal you have got, 2K is nothing. You will definitely feel cheated. But think practically.

Please do not think that I am trying to preach! This is my honest opinion.
Old 28th September 2010, 22:27   #141
BHPian

Hi Adi,

The Car with the contrasting sun film and white color looks like a cool dude !!! The color combo is really stunning. Have a safe ride.
Old 28th September 2010, 23:56   #142
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Chetan and aaren!

Chetan,
I have to thank you in particular because you were one of the reasons why I purchased Jazz. I still remember you saying (not verbatim) - " Do not compromise on the car you like just because of 50K - 1lakh rupees. In the longer term, it wont matter".

Seriously, I feel many of us sometimes get obsessed with the deal and VFM aspect so much that we end up compromising our decision which IMO is not worth it!

Quote:

As you have mentioned, you noticed the difference since somebody else pointed it out to you. IMHO, take your decision based on your requirement. If the present one is fine for you - Don't bother.

Most of the times, when we bargain heavily with the dealer, heat is transfered to some small vendors who are connected. That is where the problem starts. Compared to the deal you have got, 2K is nothing. You will definitely feel cheated. But think practically.
What you say is right. That's why I am not going to be very upset and screw my happiness for this issue. I will try to resolve it peacefully. If the dealer is ready to make amends and replace the sun film FOC, no harm. But I must admit the current sun film is also pretty good and it is a must-have accessory for a car like Jazz with such a huge glass area. I will get the windscreen sun film fitted as well - I have become a fan of sun film! I have to decide between garware icecool and 3M CR70 but I do not have much information on the Garware Icecool stuff!
Btw, did you have a look at the seat covers posted earlier? How do you feel the fit/finish ( the pics may not be great though)? I am very impressed with the seat cover quality and fitment.

Chetan, I am keeping a close eye on your thread and the culmination of your search for the right ICE. Best of luck for your search.
I have also contacted Honda India to see if any of the accessories available abroad can be fitted here!
I will post more of my driving experience later.

Last edited by adimicra : 29th September 2010 at 00:01.
Old 29th September 2010, 00:44   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Btw, did you have a look at the seat covers posted earlier? How do you feel the fit/finish ( the pics may not be great though)? I am very impressed with the seat cover quality and fitment.

I will post more of my driving experience later.
Seat covers look good. Fit is also nice!

I look forward to your driving experience!! Take care.
Old 29th September 2010, 12:08   #144
Senior - BHPian

Driving experience so far

With 1500 kms+ on the odo, let me put up a brief driving experience so far.
The sunfilm saga should end by next week. Also I will put up a question on the front windscreen sunfilm in the appropriate thread.

Engine - having driven the car for the last 1.5 months, I feel this is one of the best petrol engines among the hatchbacks. It is super smooth and refined, only when you rev it hard, you can hear the roar of the Vtec. But even near the redline, the sound is not intrusive and feels like music to ears.
There is a general feeling that Honda engines have poor low end response. I can't comment on the other cars, but let me tell you what I feel about the Jazz.
The low end response is adequate if not great. You can drive the car @20 kmph in 3rd gear and the car will pull cleeanly from that speed - though the acceleration initially from 20-40 kmph is not great but there is no jerks/engine knocking. From 40 kmph which is roughly 2000 rpm in 3rd gear, the acceleration is good and gets progressively stronger. Bottom line is - if you want good response from the Jazz, keep the revs at 2000 rpm or more. (Apart from the typical Honda engine characteristics, the gearing is also on the taller side which means if you shift early, the rpms will be too low and the response is not good).
To have some fun, you need to rev this engine and the good news is the engine is very eager to rev. The real fun is actually above 4000 rpm and above - you can feel all of the 90 horses coming into play and the engine packs enough puch to push you back. It is an extremely revv-happy motor and races to the redline of 6500 rpm - lot of pleasure in revving it.
Max speeds achieved in each gear ( almost redlined all gears except the 1st)
1st - 35 kmph
2nd - 90 kmph
3rd - 130 kmpg
4th - 178 kmph
5th - 183 kmph ( I was actually surprised that the car achieved a higher speed in 5th gear than the 4th. I was having the impression that normally all cars acieve the top speed in the 4th gear. Then, I opened the Autocar road test to see that Jazz actually hits the top speed in the 5th gear.) I think I should be able to stretch it to nearly 190 kmph, will try it later some time.

FE - the most important question - 'kitna deti hai?'
Before I answer this question - as all of you know, FE depends a lot on traffic conditions, AC usage and more importantly driving style.
My usage is moderate traffic in the city with 100% AC and I am no sedate driver - I like to rev the engine hard. I was expecting the FE to drop as I have started to rev the engine hard. But, the drop is pretty minimal - I am still getting ~12.1 to 12.5 kmpl in city with 100%AC ( got 13.7 kmpl in the last tankful as I was not revving the engine much). For reference, my Santro gives around 11 kmpl in similar conditions and driving style.

Dynamics - The ride is a tad stiff at low speeds but not uncomfortable or very bouncy. Having said that, it is not as good as the Punto and could have been better. The ride is much betteer at higher speeds. The handling is very good and much better than my expectations - some body roll is there in fast cornering but it is well under control and the tyres grip very well - no screetching sound.

Used the magic seats once in tall mode to carry a plant - was good fun!

I love the interiors for its practicality and quality and excellent dashboard design.

Living with the car - The car is extremely easy to drive. The steering is light in the city speeds but weighs up sufficiently at highers speeds.The clutch is light and smooth The OVRMs give excellent visibility which along with the huge glass area makes the drive effortless. Parking is so easy and I feel happy that I didn't spend any money on the parking sensors. The clutch is light and progressive and and the gear shift is extremely slick.The brakes are easy to modulate and offer excellent bite! I have heard a few owners complaining about the GC but no issues for me so far. May be because I seldom have 5 people seating in my car.

I really can't understand why Honda skimped on simple features like boot light, map/reading lights and auto-folding mirrors for such a premium hatch.

No issues to report, not even a minor one!

Overall, a very staisfied and proud owner. I'm loving it

Last edited by adimicra : 29th September 2010 at 12:14.
Old 29th September 2010, 12:30   #145
BHPian

Thats quite an impressive initial ownership experience.

Agree with you about the electronically foldable orvms, this would be of great help in city traffic. And your car looks so good in white.
Old 1st October 2010, 12:55   #146
agm
BHPian

Heyy Adi so sorry for not being in touch for so long .

Ill get the car most probably on 11th of this month .Still in a bit dilemma just due to low end torque which aint the best going by the most of the reviews .

And thanks Adi your review which has covered everything in this thread did help me to decide .

Please do keep this thread updated
Old 1st October 2010, 13:07   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Heyy Adi so sorry for not being in touch for so long .

Ill get the car most probably on 11th of this month .Still in a bit dilemma just due to low end torque which aint the best going by the most of the reviews .

And thanks Adi your review which has covered everything in this thread did help me to decide .

Please do keep this thread updated
Hey man, I can't say about others but the low end torque though not great is not bad either. I picked up some numbers from AutocarIndia (thanks to smartcat's thread) regarding the driveability - 20 to 80 kmph in 3rd gear. and compared with the K-series Ritz and Swift, which is supposed to have the best low-end-torque among the petrol hatches.

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-ingear-acc.jpg

If you look at the above list, there is hardly any difference. So, I do not know what's all the hoopla about! My personal thought is - it is not the pulling/power or acceleration at low revs, it is because there is a slight delay in the throttle response of the Jazz at low revs which makes many people think that the pickup is bad. But, as you see from the numbers, the 20-80 kph in 3rd gear, which is the best available statistics for driveavility, clearly shows that the Jazz is as quick as the Swift/Ritz (slightly quicker actually) in this aspect.

Best of luck and keep us updated.

Last edited by adimicra : 1st October 2010 at 13:09.
Old 1st October 2010, 13:35   #148
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if you did something about your sun film. I would suggest you to retain the existing film and bargain for a good windscreen film with the dealer for the difference amount. Other option will be to change them to CS35 which offer much better heat rejection and priced similar to RE35. RE35, in may opinion may not look as good on a white car considering that it has a mirror finish. It looks best with dark windows. Just my opinion.

Btw, did you actually take it up to 183 kmph? Wow, I never could dare that with my car.
Old 1st October 2010, 14:08   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Not sure if you did something about your sun film. I would suggest you to retain the existing film and bargain for a good windscreen film with the dealer for the difference amount. Other option will be to change them to CS35 which offer much better heat rejection and priced similar to RE35. RE35, in may opinion may not look as good on a white car considering that it has a mirror finish. It looks best with dark windows. Just my opinion.

Btw, did you actually take it up to 183 kmph? Wow, I never could dare that with my car.
Done nothing with the sun film yet, the dealer has offered to replace with RE35 but I am not sure. I do not know if CS35 is available with the dealer. With find out and let you know.
Regarding the top speed, I am pretty crazy about it. I have hit almost 158 kmph on my Santro. So, 183 kph in Jazz is not that difficult.If anyone in this forum is ready to accompany me this weekend, I can post a video of the top speed which I am sure will be closer to 190 kph on the speedo (last time I couldn't rev properly in the 5th gear, so feel it could go a few kph more)
One good thing is - I stay on the ORR which is a 6 to 8-lane highway and has very less traffic and intersections. So, it is pretty easy to test out the top speed.

Last edited by adimicra : 1st October 2010 at 14:12.
Old 2nd October 2010, 15:23   #150
Senior - BHPian

First accident

The inevitable has happened - met with my first accident today morning.

I was lazily cruising around 80-90 kph in the morning, took a turn and suddenly a dog jumped out of nowhere in front of the car. I braked and turned the car and thought I will be able to avoid hitting the car. But, as dogs generally do, it ran in the same direction where I turned the car and BANG! Dogs will be dogs.
Nothing happened to me and the dog was also able to run away from the spot. Most probably, by the time of the impact, the speed had come down,

Damages -
  • The front air dam is damaged. It has got detached from the bumper at one side and also some of the vertical grills are broken.
  • Front number plate broken.
  • Minor damage to the right fog light panel, which covers the fog light.Fortunately, the fog lights are also functioning properly.
The bumper is intact and the paint is also fine.

I will go to the service centre Monday morning and see what can be done. I am hoping they can do some small repairs to put things in place. I do not want to go for a full-fledged replacement approach but one problem I foresee is - since the fog lights are fitted to the air dam and I did it from outside, do not know what the Service centre can/will repair the panel properly. If the bill is more, will go for insurance. Let us hope for the best.

Last edited by adimicra : 2nd October 2010 at 15:26.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks