Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2010, 14:43   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Overall, my feeling is that there is a serious scarcity of various parts at the dealership as well as Honda India which means you might have to go through a lot of pain if you have any mishap!
Secondly, the level of knowledge of the service people at the dealership ( Pride Honda, Hyderabad) is pathetic. Earlier, I had recommended them but with the horrible experience of accessories and A.S.S., I will strongly recommend people to consider Sundaram Honda, even if it is far off! I do no have first-hand experience with Sundaram, but I felt they have relatively little more knowledge and confidence when I talked to them over the phone. Only issue is it is very far off from my house or office but I will most probably take the pain to have some peace of mind (hopefully)
Sorry to hear about bad A$$ experience with the dealer. My experience with Landmark Honda at Ahmedabad was very satisfactory. My 1G Honda City had gone for 3 major repairs. Though the body parts were a bit expensive, the dealer was very supporting and repairs were done very satisfactorily.

May be you should cross check with the other dealer or may be you should check out with some accessory shop.
Old 8th October 2010, 15:53   #167
BHPian

Thanks adi for all the valuable information provided in the thread and sorry to know about recent bruise to the beauty.

On a completly different topic, can you confirm if you have tried the below and did it work?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2019363
Old 8th October 2010, 18:45   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Thanks adi for all the valuable information provided in the thread and sorry to know about recent bruise to the beauty.

On a completly different topic, can you confirm if you have tried the below and did it work?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2019363
I had read the stuff in the manual before Wildon posted it. Unfortunately, I can't try it because the 'master lock switch' mentioned in the manual itself is not present!

And these Honda service people have absolutely zero knowledge about it. I am sure it can be easily done through software/firmware change but can't find anyone who knows how to do it! If you see the Hyundai I20 does not have this feature, but it can be activated easily and many BHPIans have done the same. I am sure it can be done in Jazz as well but don't know how to do it. If you or anybody knows any good Honda technician, please do ask about it. By the way, City too has the same locking funda. So, if anybody has done it on the city, it can be done in the Jazz as well
Old 8th October 2010, 18:58   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I had read the stuff in the manual before Wildon posted it. Unfortunately, I can't try it because the 'master lock switch' mentioned in the manual itself is not present!
Dosent your car have a central locking button? That is the master lock switch.

EDIT - Guess the Jazz dosent have that switch. Sorry.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 8th October 2010 at 19:04.
Old 8th October 2010, 19:48   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Overall, my feeling is that there is a serious scarcity of various parts at the dealership as well as Honda India which means you might have to go through a lot of pain if you have any mishap!
Secondly, the level of knowledge of the service people at the dealership ( Pride Honda, Hyderabad) is pathetic. Earlier, I had recommended them but with the horrible experience of accessories and A.S.S., I will strongly recommend people to consider Sundaram Honda, even if it is far off! I do no have first-hand experience with Sundaram, but I felt they have relatively little more knowledge and confidence when I talked to them over the phone. Only issue is it is very far off from my house or office but I will most probably take the pain to have some peace of mind (hopefully)
Today, as we upgrade our car and move forward, the Seine is similar everywhere - with almost all companies. IMHO, our present situation is only better than our past. A couple of decades back, we had the only option of importing these cars, without any assurance of ***.
Old 9th October 2010, 08:26   #171
Senior - BHPian

The Master lock switch is not present in the Jazz in India, which is there is the international models.

The central lock switch is nothing but the tab on the driver door handle which controls everything - the four doors, the hatch door(boot) and the fuel lid as well. So, whenever you open or close your car through the remote, all of the above opens or closes respectively.

Regarding the auto locking mechanism -
The Master lock switch provides a way to customize this auto-locking feature - one person might want to lock the door at 20 kmph , another at 40 kmph. The master lock switch provides that flexibility to program the auto-locking mechanism as per the speed you wish.
I am very certain that we can activate this feature at a particular speed (say,20 kmph) if we have any knowledgable service technician. Unfortunately, I have not found any! But you will not have the luxury to change this setting later at your will which is possible with the master lock switch (this limitation is fine with me).
As I said earlier, the ANHC has the same locking mechanism and does not have the Master lock switch. So, if any ANHC owners have found a solution to this, please let me know.
I am particularly facing issues with the absence of this feature as my Santro used to lock as soon I started moving and I do not have the habit of locking the doors manually. One good thing though is the headlight alarm which I used to miss in my Santro. Only last Saturday, my Santro's battery got discharged completely as the lights were on. I called the Hyundai service and they came within 2 hours and jump started the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Today, as we upgrade our car and move forward, the Seine is similar everywhere - with almost all companies. IMHO, our present situation is only better than our past. A couple of decades back, we had the only option of importing these cars, without any assurance of ***.
Chetan, while what you say is true, it does not justify the poor A.S.S.
I sometimes wonder how you are always able to see the brighter (positive) side of things. Some times it does help to lessen my frustration
Do you practice Yoga or meditation?

Last edited by bblost : 9th October 2010 at 08:38. Reason: Please use edit post instead of new post if posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 10th October 2010, 10:25   #172
Senior - BHPian

Part not available anywhere - other dealership equally bad

Went to the other dealership y'ay. Unfortunately, not a pleasant experience. First of all, to get inside the serivce area, you need to undergo a driving test - there is so less space with cars scattered every where that it will be a challenge even for the best of drivers. I had to fold my mirrors for getting in and parking my car.
The level of knowledge is also the same. The only difference being these people are more confident which combined with their lack of knowledge is even more dangerous. The part is not available with them and they got no idea when they can get it.
I am very happy with the car but not with either the dealership or Honda India. Imagine this - you have an accident and something gets damaged which needs to be replaced. And this is not a special part, it is just a part of the front bumper which is prone to damage. None of the dealers have it is stock. One dealer has placed an order to Honda India about this and Honda India is unable to supply it. Worse, they are not even able to promise a date by which the part is available. Good thing is - the damage is minor and I can live with it but what happens if it is a serious damage.
BTW, I have escalated the matter to Honda India an let us see what they do about it.
I have a feeling that this is a problem for Jazz and not the ANHC. Because of the low sales of Jazz, neither the dealer nor Honda India maintains any inventory of spare parts etc. One of the problems of buying a car which does not sell well I guess!

Last edited by adimicra : 10th October 2010 at 10:30.
Old 11th October 2010, 01:00   #173
Senior - BHPian

Windscreen sunfilm fitted - 3M CR 70

As I had told some time back, I had plans for fitting the windscreen sunfilm.
I had a choice to make between the following 2 -
1> Garware Icecool shield
2> 3M CR 70

Both comes with 70% visibility, 50% heat rejection and 5 year warranty.
the Garware one costs 2800 whereas the 3M costs 5300. The difference is a whooping 2500. So, I was kind of confused what to do. I did not mind spending the additional money on 3M but I was not convinced about what advantages the 3M one will offer over the Garware.
So, went to the accessory shop to have a look. The Garware one looked a little greenish whereas the 3M one was almost colorless. I was impressed with the 3M CR 70. Still not decided.
Meanwhile, the installer measured the windshield of the Jazz and as you all know, it is HUUUGE! It is bigger than the City and Civic. Now, the funniest thing is Garware did not have the sun film of this size! Now this entire exercise of film selection seemed futile and went for the 3M CR 70!

Installation was done in an hour or so! Looks pretty neat. Too early to comment on the performance of the film. Will post some pics and comments in a few days time!

This completes my mods for the time being. I also got an Aux cable for connecting my Nokia E63 to the music system. And even though the E63 is not great w.r.t sound quality, the output from the stock system after connecting my phone is pretty good. The sound quality of the stock music system even when listening to FM is simply great and does not sound like a stock system.Planning to get an ipod to make life simpler!
The car is doing fine. I have done about 2K on the odo and the engine is becoming smoother by the day. The car is now pulling fine from a tad under 2000 rpm. I am doing frequent visits to about 5000- 6000 rpm (redline at 6500 rpm) now and the mileage has dropped, though still getting a respectable 11 kmpl+

Last edited by adimicra : 11th October 2010 at 01:07.
Old 12th October 2010, 17:27   #174
Senior - BHPian

finally got the part

Hi All,

As I told earlier, I had escalated the matter to Honda India on last Thursday about the non-availability of parts (lower grill) and today I got a call from the dealership informing me that the part has arrived and I can get my car repaired.

One thing I have realized over the last couple of months regarding my trouble with availability of accessories and spares is - If the dealership response is not satisfactory, just call HondaOnetoOne or send an email to their customer relations and they make sure that the issues are resolved to your satisfaction within a reasonable time frame. Actually, Honda India will keep on calling you till you say that you are satisfied with their response, which is good!
Earlier, after I had complained about the non-availability of alloys which was promised to me as part of the deal, the CRM person from the dealership himself came to my house to get those fitted. And he was looking pretty tensed! Later, he asked me to sign a letter saying that all issues have been resolved by the dealership.

Good to know that Honda corporate is responsive and serious about resolving customer issues

Last edited by adimicra : 12th October 2010 at 17:29.
Old 12th October 2010, 20:17   #175
BHPian

The Master lock switch provides a way to customize this auto-locking feature - one person might want to lock the door at 20 kmph , another at 40 kmph. The master lock switch provides that flexibility to program the auto-locking mechanism as per the speed you wish.
I am very certain that we can activate this feature at a particular speed (say,20 kmph) if we have any knowledgable service technician. Unfortunately, I have not found any! But you will not have the luxury to change this setting later at your will which is possible with the master lock switch (this limitation is fine with me).
UNQUOTE
Shiladitya,
I had made queries regarding progamming of Central lock in the Jazz. Honda India had informed that t though they do not have these provisions currently,they would definitely consider the feedback.
Also,overall I am quite satisfied by the Honda after sales service.There was some delay in providing the window run channel which has to be replaced as the glass was moving very slowly .They have now become quite responsive to customer feedback and complaints and I have to go this weekend to get the issue rectified.
Earlier, I had noticed that as compared to other cars, Jazz owners where not interacting much in teambhp and after the initial euphoria did not post their experiences - so I had somehow not been reading the threads. One reason is perhaps there is very little negative to speak about so far as Jazz is concerned! I just realised that you have been posting a lot of your experiences about the car which is really great.I now hope to be here more often and interact and gain insights from all.
Thanks .BTW your jazz seat covers really look great.
Old 12th October 2010, 21:58   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit162 View Post
UNQUOTE
Shiladitya,
I had made queries regarding progamming of Central lock in the Jazz. Honda India had informed that t though they do not have these provisions currently,they would definitely consider the feedback.
Also,overall I am quite satisfied by the Honda after sales service.There was some delay in providing the window run channel which has to be replaced as the glass was moving very slowly .They have now become quite responsive to customer feedback and complaints and I have to go this weekend to get the issue rectified.
Earlier, I had noticed that as compared to other cars, Jazz owners where not interacting much in teambhp and after the initial euphoria did not post their experiences - so I had somehow not been reading the threads. One reason is perhaps there is very little negative to speak about so far as Jazz is concerned! I just realised that you have been posting a lot of your experiences about the car which is really great.I now hope to be here more often and interact and gain insights from all.
Thanks .BTW your jazz seat covers really look great.
+1 to that. Before I started writing this thread, I was wondering we have may be 3-4 Jazz owners in this forum. But, at least a dozen Jazz owners have replied in this thread itself! I also know quite a few more who have purchased Jazz in the last couple of months but they seldom reply.
Don't know what's the reason. Look at the Polo and Punto threads - they really rock and the owners are very active!
One possible reason could be as you said - the lack of issues/problems. I haven't seen a single Jazz owner with a major problem as yet!
Old 12th October 2010, 22:37   #177
BHPian

Quote:
...Look at the Polo and Punto threads - they really rock and the owners are very active!
One possible reason could be as you said - the lack of issues/problems. I haven't seen a single Jazz owner with a major problem as yet!
Come on guys! Team-BHP is not only about negatives, its about feedback and real-time experience from owners (and enthusiasts) from all aspect, positive and negative.

The longer the thread doesn't imply negatives are more than positives about a car. If looked from a different angle it may also imply owners are more than satisfied or the car exceeded their expectations in different aspects.

And more than members, guests constitutes more readership, so even though the replies aren't much in nos., I am sure whatever is written have an impact on the many would be car owners.

Look at your thread, just 2+months and close to 200 response and you doesn't have that much negative to share about car or manufacturer.

Its just that others who are not updating the thread may be occupied with other priorities and not always get time to share their experiences with all Bhpians.

PS - Please don't take it as a comparison with european v japanese or some sort of that thing, and neither I am comparing one car with another.
Old 12th October 2010, 23:10   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Come on guys! Team-BHP is not only about negatives, its about feedback and real-time experience from owners (and enthusiasts) from all aspect, positive and negative.

The longer the thread doesn't imply negatives are more than positives about a car. If looked from a different angle it may also imply owners are more than satisfied or the car exceeded their expectations in different aspects.

And more than members, guests constitutes more readership, so even though the replies aren't much in nos., I am sure whatever is written have an impact on the many would be car owners.

Look at your thread, just 2+months and close to 200 response and you doesn't have that much negative to share about car or manufacturer.

Its just that others who are not updating the thread may be occupied with other priorities and not always get time to share their experiences with all Bhpians.

PS - Please don't take it as a comparison with european v japanese or some sort of that thing, and neither I am comparing one car with another.

avon dear, dil pe mat lo yaar. I was just commenting on the point raised by @amit162
I feel Polo or Punto owners are an enthusiastic bunch and its not only about negatives. Its about passion. And I sincerely hope some of the enthusiasm shown by Polo owners like yourself rubs on to the Jazz owners as well. That will help us a lot in knowing our car better.
No question of feeling otherwise. Your comment just reflects your passion for Polo! Cheers

Last edited by adimicra : 12th October 2010 at 23:11.
Old 13th October 2010, 01:22   #179
BHPian

hey man,
sorry to hear about the mishap and the poor dealership experience,
but also its good to know that honda finally responded promptly and got your issue solved.

really like your passion towards your car and the fact that yours is one of the most active ownership threads here is great.
and i agree that there is not much to update about the car as it just keeps on going without any complaints or demands, but still will try to be more frequent now with the updates.

as of now my jazz has done about 8000kms absolutely trouble free and is going for its 3rd service that is booked for the 15th of this month,
will update you guys after the service gets done.
again, you are doing a great job of buffering the fellow lazy jazz owners
keep it up
Old 13th October 2010, 21:48   #180
BHPian

Want to fix reversing sensors in my Jazz - any idea will it effect the warranty?I had once asked the dealer here.He had said that I should use good quality indian ones and not the cheap chinese ones available.
adimicra you had perhaps fitted the open market fog lamps what is the cost ? - and I guess no issues as aprehended above.Do let me know.
Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks