Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 21:15   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.janghel View Post
Hi Folks
After going again and again, through all Team BHP Threads on Jazz, doing TDs for most of the hatches, I finally booked Jazz Select ( with Active Kit).
cheers
Congrats mate and I am sure you will love this wonderful car. Good to see quite a few fellow BHPians going for the Jazz!
what is the total amount you have to pay including accessories and what was the onraod price of the select model before discounts?
Any freebies like teflon/carpet mats/sunfilm etc?

Quote:
It's 32 for the front wheels and 30 for the rear wheels.
Thanks man, is it mentioned somewhere? I could not find it.

FE update

I refilled up my tank today for the first time and the FE came out as 12.5 kmpl approx with mostly city driving and 100%AC. I have to say the on-board FE calculator and the DTE is pretty accurate.
This is really impressive as my Santro gives around 11 kmpl with AC.
I hope it will only increase going forward.

Last edited by adimicra : 20th August 2010 at 21:26.
Old 20th August 2010, 21:30   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I refilled up my tank today for the first time and the FE came out as 12.5 kmpl approx with mostly city driving and 100%AC.
I think it is very good figure you are able to extract that too in your first tank full. What is the ARAI figure for Jazz`s FE?
Old 20th August 2010, 21:39   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
I think it is very good figure you are able to extract that too in your first tank full. What is the ARAI figure for Jazz`s FE?
The ARAI figure for Jazz is 16.7 kmpl,but the difference is - unlike Hyundai, the ARAI numbers from Honda are very realistic.
If you look at the TestDrives selction of TBHP or a good automag like Autocar, you will see that Jazz is the most fuel efficient petrol hatchback (in the b/B+ segment) in the country ( Swift/Ritz is also almost the same with the K-series engine).
FE was never a priority for me but it always feels good to have a good FE.
Old 20th August 2010, 23:24   #109
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks man, is it mentioned somewhere? I could not find it.
It is there somewhere - don't remember where, but will look up tomorrow and tell you.

Quote:
I have to say the on-board FE calculator and the DTE is pretty accurate.
For me, the FE figure I get (tank full to tank full) is usually about 1.2-1.5 less than what the on-board FE reading shows. Occasionally the two figures have been close, and ALL those instances were during outstation trips when I had to fill twice on the same day.
Old 20th August 2010, 23:27   #110
BHPian

@Adi
Before discounts - Select model is 8.88 ( on road Bangalore ). This is just base Select.
What i got - Select + Active Kit + Bumpers protectors @ 8.3L
teflon/carpet mats/sunfilm - Well, i havent discussed this with my Sales Guy. But he has assured me for some more freebies. I will have final discussion with him shortly.
Old 20th August 2010, 23:41   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.janghel View Post
@Adi
Before discounts - Select model is 8.88 ( on road Bangalore ). This is just base Select.
What i got - Select + Active Kit + Bumpers protectors @ 8.3L
teflon/carpet mats/sunfilm - Well, i havent discussed this with my Sales Guy. But he has assured me for some more freebies. I will have final discussion with him shortly.

Pretty good deal man!
In my case, Select model was 8.73 on road. I got the select kit + active kit + teflon n carpet mats at 8.14 - very similar deal! Do post your selection criteria and decision making process. When is the delivery expected? Have u insisted on the Michelin tyres?Is it BS3 or BS4? Have you verified your manufacturing date?If you give me your VIN number, I can let you know the manufacturing month and date. Have a PDI checklist ready.

Last edited by adimicra : 20th August 2010 at 23:44.
Old 20th August 2010, 23:48   #112
BHPian

Hi Adi
Will need some help from Team BHP guys.
Delivery - Expected in 15 days time.
Tyres - Insisted on Michelin
BS3 BS4 - Dont have much idea. I will check this.
Manufacturing Date - I dont know the exact date. Sales person said it should be Mar-Apr, 2010. Will update you on this. I dont know much about VIN etc?
PDI - Where can i find this list?

regards
y
Old 21st August 2010, 12:20   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
It is there somewhere - don't remember where, but will look up tomorrow and tell you.
Don't worry found it.. surprisingly there is only 1 set given - 32 for front and 30 for rear irrespective of the number of people

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
For me, the FE figure I get (tank full to tank full) is usually about 1.2-1.5 less than what the on-board FE reading shows. Occasionally the two figures have been close, and ALL those instances were during outstation trips when I had to fill twice on the same day.
For me also, there is a difference .. the on-board FE calculator showed 13.3 whereas actually it came out to be 12.5...but still this is pretty accurate I think.

Quote:
Hi Adi
Will need some help from Team BHP guys.
Delivery - Expected in 15 days time.
Tyres - Insisted on Michelin
BS3 BS4 - Dont have much idea. I will check this.
Manufacturing Date - I dont know the exact date. Sales person said it should be Mar-Apr, 2010. Will update you on this. I dont know much about VIN etc?
PDI - Where can i find this list?
surprised to hear that the delivery will take so long as Jazz is readily available of the shelf. Anyways,, not an issue.
Ask the dealer for the VIN number since your vehicle is still not arrived. Once the vehicle arrives, you can check the VIN number on the side of the co-passenger seat (you have to open the door on the passenger side to see this). Dealers normally have a list of vehicles with the VIN numbers which are going to arrive. If you give me the VIN numbe, I can tell you the month and year of manufacturing.
Also ask him for BS3/BS4?
PDi checklist - use the search feature in this forum, there is an extensive checklist and a full thread available on the topic. In short, check the oil and other fluids, power window switches, audio system ( in my case,there was a loose connection), corners of the door for rust/dirt, rubber beading on door and tailgate as well as thorough body inspection for paint, any rust formation in the underbody etc.
One out of the showroom fill up fuel to be sure and check the tire pressure once more (32 front and 30 rear). Best of luck!
Old 21st August 2010, 21:37   #114
BHPian

Quote:
T

I discovered a nice small feature in my car today -
The power windows stay activated for a min or so after you turn off the Ignition. Say, your window in open and you parked your car and tuned off the Ignition, there is no need to turn on the Ignition to operate the power windows. This used to happen with me in my Santro pretty often as I like to drive with the windows open as much as possible and I had to start the engine just to close the power windows.
Congrats on your new car and thanks for the detailed review.
You can operate the power windows till you open the driver side door (am writing this from my memory.. could not check since I am out of station).
Old 23rd August 2010, 23:34   #115
Senior - BHPian

@bijujj:You are correct. Thanks!

I am yet to get the accessory kits and getting kinda impatient! God only knows when those will come.
Meanwhile, I will talk to the dealer and see if those gunmetal alloys in the Jazz X is available - they look superb.

Meanwhile, I did some more mile crunching this weekend. Some of the drive was on clear stretches,some on not-so-crowded roads with one or 2 stretches of bumper-to-bumper traffic. The odo reads 580 kms and the onboard FE calculator is showing 15.2 kmpl (with 100% AC) after the refill - very impressive!

The more I drive the car the more, the more I am falling in love with it. The engine is a gem - ultra smooth and refined which likes to be revved and reaches 160 kmph without even breaking a sweat. I will test out the top speed later but I am sure it will go till a speedo-indicated 190 kmph. You can lazily cruise at 120-130 kmph all day in this car and the engine feels super-relaxed at those speeds

The driveability is pretty good, too. Though I do not like to drive at very low rpms, I tested the driveability several times - no issues.
2nd gear pulls from <10 kmph. I am not shifting to 1st unless I stop.
3rd gear pulls well from 25 kmph.
4th gear pulls well from 40 kmph.
5th gear has also decent pull from 50-55 kmph.

I will try to get numbers for in-gear and outright acceleration after 1000-1500 kms.

The visibility provided is so awesome that long drives will be a truly enjoyable experience. The huge OVRMs and rear glass also makes driving a whole lot easier.

No issues to report.
The only little drawback is a slightly stiff ride at low speed ( though not uncomfortable but not as good as Punto or Polo) and some features missing.

Now, I am thinking that it would have been nice if I home would have been a little farther away from office ( It is just 5 km away from office )

Last edited by adimicra : 23rd August 2010 at 23:52.
Old 24th August 2010, 00:04   #116
BHPian

Quote:
2nd gear pulls from <10 kmph. I am not shifting to 1st unless I stop.
I am also doing the same in my car, .i.e., unless I stop, seldom change to 1st gear and the car can pull from really low speed in 2nd gear.
One query though - is this something to do with new generation engines or was it there in older engines too? How do you find the difference with your previous car regarding this.

Quote:
The only little drawback is a slightly stiff ride at low speed ( though not uncomfortable but not as good as Punto or Polo) and some features missing.
Can you explain this? Are you saying the ride is bumpy at low speed.

Quote:
Now, I am thinking that it would have been nice if I home would have been a little farther away from office ( It is just 5 km away from office )
I think you are correct, hows the new airport flyover, that l o n g one, is it completed, if yes then it`ll be an excellent road to drive your car.
Old 24th August 2010, 00:17   #117
Senior - BHPian

Replies in Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
I am also doing the same in my car, .i.e., unless I stop, seldom change to 1st gear and the car can pull from really low speed in 2nd gear.
One query though - is this something to do with new generation engines or was it there in older engines too? How do you find the difference with your previous car regarding this.

My old car is the Santro which has excellent driveability but lacks top end power (horses). So, it is difficult to beat the Santro in terms of driveability ( I sincerely think that no car does beat the Santro in low-end response) but the Jazz is also good. Where I am feeling the difference is the outright acceleration, particularly after 60-70 kmph and the ability to cruise at 130-140 kmph so easily ( that's where the extra horses come into play).

Can you explain this? Are you saying the ride is bumpy at low speed.

No it's not bumpy and not an issue. Just that the suspension is little stiffly setup and you can feel a bit of harshness over bad roads, particularly at low speeds! That does not mean you get thrown around in the car. Once speed increases (>50 kmph), the ride is good. Why I mentioned this is because - The car is so good at almost all aspects that I am finding it difficult to fault it. The low-speed ride quality of this car is not bad but there are other cars in the segment which have better ride quality like - Punto which has the best ride quality and also the Polo which has very good ride as well.

I think you are correct, hows the new airport flyover, that l o n g one, is it completed, if yes then it`ll be an excellent road to drive your car.
So far I have tried out the ORR, will try out the flyover this weekned. And yes, it is completed at last!
Only sad part about this wonderful car is - people don't even consider this car or take a TD just because it looks like a hatchback! I hope the sales will increases (with discounts being offered) as the market matures and our mentality changes.

Last edited by adimicra : 24th August 2010 at 00:22.
Old 31st August 2010, 01:05   #118
BHPian

Adi,
I read in another thread that you gonna get the black smoky alloys ....can you post some pics please. Eager to see. Thanks.
Old 8th September 2010, 21:13   #119
BHPian

Hi Adimicra.. I took the TD of Jazz today. I am in the process of finding a customer for my Logan and also in discussion with my dealer for some freebies. How is your Jazz responding to you.
Old 13th September 2010, 16:21   #120

Thanks Adimicra,

For putting things in place so beautifully for me. Was in a dilemma to put money in i20 ASTA or JAZZ X, since in case of JAZZ X will be forking out atleast Rs.1.5 lakhs more and also not to be labelled as an idiot to fork out such money for a hatchback.

But after reading your thread I got assurance that I am not the only one and will now go and renegotiate the deal. The dealer (Hallmark Honda, Navi Mumbai) offered me the following:
1. Rs.30,000 off as dealer discount
2. Re.1 insurance
So the effective saving was around Rs.52,000. This is offered without any negotiation.

And the icing of the cake, assured delivery within a week, considering 4 month for Polo, a month for i20, and 4 months for Wagon-R VXI.

Also, took the TD of Jazz and within half an hour took TD of i20. Steering response of Jazz is more reassuring than i20 and yes, i20 do feel claustrophobic after you sit in JAZZ.

Thanks again for the post. In fact it cut down my research time by almost 40%.

Cheers!!!
Sounak is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks