Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2010, 20:09   #151
BHPian

Oh no ,the beauty has got its first bruise , hope so it is minor.

I am a silent follower of your thread, to be frank Jazz looks Jazzed up.

Keep us posted.
Old 7th October 2010, 20:13   #152
Senior - BHPian

As I said, the lower grill got damaged in the accident. I am not too concerned about the cosmetic damage as it is not very noticeable. But later I realized that there could be some impact on the radiator as it is located behind the lower grill. So, I started looking for any signs of damage to the radiator and to my dismay, I found something which is concerning me a lot!
When I park the car for a long time (at night or at office), I can see couple of big droplets of water below the engine bay(radiator?)
The accident happened on Saturday morning and it has been more than 5 days since then. There are no other signs of problem - car is running as smooth as ever, no noise, AC is working fine.

I will go to the service station for a check-up but first, I wanted to verify from the TBHPians what could be the possible causes? Is it guaranteed to be a leaking radiator or something else? I could have never imagined that such a small accident could give me sleepless nights!

Please help!

Last edited by adimicra : 7th October 2010 at 20:15.
Old 7th October 2010, 20:18   #153
BHPian

^^ Did you notice if it is water or coolant? As sometimes, the water may be coming from the AC outlet and in most of the vehicles it will be from near the tires.
Old 7th October 2010, 20:23   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_madhan View Post
^^ Did you notice if it is water or coolant? As sometimes, the water may be coming from the AC outlet and in most of the vehicles it will be from near the tires.
Touching the droplets, I felt it is water only. I do not know how the coolant will look or feel like? And it is not near the tires , it is bang in the middle.
Old 7th October 2010, 20:26   #155
BHPian

The color of the coolant will be either green or brown. Check your coolant filler and what color it is. You can also monitor the coolant level periodically and if it is going down below MIN in a short time, then there is an issue and better to check it with the A.S.S.
Old 7th October 2010, 20:29   #156
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your dog hit.

My WagonR also has water droplets in the centre, especially after the AC has been used.

You can do the following:-
  1. Don't use AC when you return from office and park the car overnight. See if the droplets are still falling.
  2. Check if the coolant level is dropping---there is a coolant bottle. You may also check if the level in the radiator is the same over a couple of days (sometimes even where there is no drop in the level in the coolant bottle, there could be a drop in the radiator coolant level when there is a leak)
All the best and keep us posted.
Old 7th October 2010, 20:33   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Touching the droplets, I felt it is water only. I do not know how the coolant will look or feel like? And it is not near the tires , it is bang in the middle.
Hi Adi, Sorry to hear this.

Open the coolant reservoir, look at the color. Check if the droplets are of the same shade. Also, check the coolant level. It would have come down, if it is leaking. If the leak is too less, it will not drop.

Do not worry. These things happen.
Old 7th October 2010, 21:02   #158
Senior - BHPian

Coolant will be green. Put a white color film where it leaks and it should show up. It also tastes sweet but beware its toxic.

Quote:
Tyre upgrade not required - I insisted on Michelin tyres and was promised the same by the dealership provided they have it in stock or receive it in the next lot.
Which Michelin does it come with. XM1+, PP2 or Primacy? I am wondering if Honda has done some testing to verify the ruggedness of this tire for Indian roads.
Old 7th October 2010, 21:24   #159
Senior - BHPian

Overwhelmed by the flurry of responses. Thanks guyz! TBHP rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Sorry to hear about your dog hit.

My WagonR also has water droplets in the centre, especially after the AC has been used.

You can do the following:-[list=1][*]Don't use AC when you return from office and park the car overnight. See if the droplets are still falling.
You know what. I had done exactly as you said while returning from office tonight. I came back about 1 and half hour back. Just now, I checked if there is any water - found NO WATER. Felt a lot relieved! That means it has got to do with the AC. Is this normal ? Anything to worry about?
I am pretty sure that the droplets are water only as it feels like water and is colorless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Which Michelin does it come with. XM1+, PP2 or Primacy? I am wondering if Honda has done some testing to verify the ruggedness of this tire for Indian roads.
comes with michelin xm1 175/65 R15 - offer good enough grip, road noise is also very less. Actually, found the road noise much less than the city I test drove in the weekend - could be due to tires or better insulation, not sure.
Old 7th October 2010, 21:33   #160
akp
BHPian

Quote:
You know what. I had done exactly as you said while returning from office tonight. I came back about 1 and half hour back. Just now, I checked if there is any water - found NO WATER. Felt a lot relieved! That means it has got to do with the AC. Is this normal ? Anything to worry about?
If it is water from AC, then there is nothing to worry about. It would be somewhere in the middle, possibly slightly towards the left. And not near the front grill, a little behind.
Old 7th October 2010, 21:58   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
If it is water from AC, then there is nothing to worry about. It would be somewhere in the middle, possibly slightly towards the left. And not near the front grill, a little behind.
take a bow! the position is the same as you mentioned. Feeling relieved though I will double-check in the morning. Now, can concentrate on some of the other mods planned
Old 7th October 2010, 22:06   #162

Quote:
I came back about 1 and half hour back. Just now, I checked if there is any water - found NO WATER. Felt a lot relieved! That means it has got to do with the AC. Is this normal ?
Hi adi, sorry to hear about the dog hit. To me the symptoms & position of the water droplets sound safe.

Mine had hit the under belly a few months back over some horrendously made speed breakers & subsequently I too noticed water droplets bang in the middle (width wise) probably a bit in front or behind the axle area of the front tyres if I remember right. Luckily I had my 3rd service lined up within days. Had the car raised & inspected but we found nothing. At that time I had inquired about the water droplets & was told that it's coming from the AC. So I guess your safe but do get it inspected, preferably with you looking over (or should I say under).

Hope for the best & drive safe.
Old 7th October 2010, 22:52   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outLANDish View Post
Hi adi, sorry to hear about the dog hit. To me the symptoms & position of the water droplets sound safe.

Mine had hit the under belly a few months back over some horrendously made speed breakers & subsequently I too noticed water droplets bang in the middle (width wise) probably a bit in front or behind the axle area of the front tyres if I remember right. Luckily I had my 3rd service lined up within days. Had the car raised & inspected but we found nothing. At that time I had inquired about the water droplets & was told that it's coming from the AC. So I guess your safe but do get it inspected, preferably with you looking over (or should I say under).

Hope for the best & drive safe.
My symptoms are same as yours. SO i guess it will be safe though I will get it checked over the weekend. Thanks for your reply! Happy to see one more Jazz owner on the forum. Do take some time to post your ownership report.
Old 8th October 2010, 14:11   #164
BHPian

I had also experienced a dog hit in my 1G Honda City. I was on Ahmedabad - Udaipur highway then. Front Bumper and left side fender got damaged in the accident and the repair bill ran upto about 20ks. There was only body damage and radiator and other stuff was ok. Glad to hear that no mechanical damage has occurred.
Old 8th October 2010, 14:26   #165
Senior - BHPian

After Sales and service experience not good

I haven't mentioned much negative about the car as I haven't found many.
Only two negatives would be the slightly stiff low-speed ride and the lack of some goodies at this price! Another negative is the very little clearance of the rear bumper. Apart from that, the car rocks!

Now that I had an accident and got to experience the Honda A.S.S it sucks. Now I can understand why people go for Maruti and Hyundai. I had an absolutely trouble-free ownership and A.S.S. experience with Hyundai but not the same with Honda.

Now coming to the issues -
1> The lower grill of the front bumper got damaged, needs replacement. Initially, the service people were not sure whether it is available separately or the whole bumper needs to be replaced. After some pursuing, they checked their system and told me it is available but out of stock and they need to order it from Honda. They said that it will cost around 600 Rs. and it will take 3-4 days to get it. Sounded reasonable to me. But today morning, I got a call from the dealer saying that it is not available with Honda and there is no definite time by which they can get it. What the ****? I am not sure what to do. They are not even sure if the entire bumper comes with it or not.
2> Right side fog lamp cover (garnish) got damaged. Again, it seems that part is not available separately though I have myself seen that it is indeed a separate part which is fixed with couple of screws and will cost max a 100 Rs. or so. It seems you need to replace the entire fog lamp assembly of the right side which cost 8000 Rs.

Overall, my feeling is that there is a serious scarcity of various parts at the dealership as well as Honda India which means you might have to go through a lot of pain if you have any mishap!
Secondly, the level of knowledge of the service people at the dealership ( Pride Honda, Hyderabad) is pathetic. Earlier, I had recommended them but with the horrible experience of accessories and A.S.S., I will strongly recommend people to consider Sundaram Honda, even if it is far off! I do no have first-hand experience with Sundaram, but I felt they have relatively little more knowledge and confidence when I talked to them over the phone. Only issue is it is very far off from my house or office but I will most probably take the pain to have some peace of mind (hopefully)

Last edited by adimicra : 8th October 2010 at 14:30.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks