Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2020, 20:13   #631
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 50
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

So, I am enquiring about the tires with the showroom and a couple of shops. Here's what I found.

None of the shops have Michelin XM2s but strangely the showroom has them but only in the standard size (165/70 R14). I don't know how old these tires are. Showroom has Yoko Earth1 in 185/65 R14 but no Conti.

Shop1: Has Continental CC5 in the upsize (185/65) but not Yoko Earth1, only in 175/65.

Shop2: Has Yoko Earth1 in 185/65 but doesn't have Conti CC5 and instead suggested me to go for either CC6 or UC6.

I don't have a way to compare all 3 places (showroom + 2 tyre shops) as I'm not getting the same tyre model in all 3 places.

Also, the showroom is offering a better buyback price, Rs.400 more per tyre.

I think the showroom may just put it on another car and pass it off as a new tyre. I don't know how else the price difference is so much.

If I narrow my choice to only 185/65 I have to choose between:
Yokohama Earth1 - Showroom - Better buy back. But probably the new tyres are overpriced.
Continental CC5 - Shop1 - Lower buy back price. Reputed shop. CC6 seems to be the newer version which I'll miss.
Contnental CC6/UC6 - Shop2 - Lower buy back price. Newer gen tyres. More expensive and no reviews available
tinshark is offline  
Old 14th October 2020, 22:50   #632
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 119
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinshark View Post
If I narrow my choice to only 185/65 I have to choose between:
Yokohama Earth1 - Showroom - Better buy back. But probably the new tyres are overpriced.
Continental CC5 - Shop1 - Lower buy back price. Reputed shop. CC6 seems to be the newer version which I'll miss.
Contnental CC6/UC6 - Shop2 - Lower buy back price. Newer gen tyres. More expensive and no reviews available
Shop 1 should be your destination. CC5 is very good. The Michelinís are slightly better compared to CC5.
They are expensive for what additional advantage they offer over CC5.
Forget Yoko unless you are looking for extended life (km, not age) OR drive on really bad roads.
Even if the buy back is good for YOKO, over a period of 40k km, the savings(₹2000 or so) amount to nothing. You will only curse your choice on a daily basis
As for CC6, as you said no reviews are there. Stick to the proven tyre.
Most important: go for latest tyre. Anything more than a year is a strict NO.
greendream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 14:01   #633
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 50
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendream View Post
Shop 1 should be your destination. CC5 is very good. The Michelinís are slightly better compared to CC5.
They are expensive for what additional advantage they offer over CC5.
Thanks for the recommendation. The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards Conti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendream View Post
Even if the buy back is good for YOKO, over a period of 40k km, the savings(₹2000 or so) amount to nothing. You will only curse your choice on a daily basis
Sorry, I wasn't clear here. I was referring the the price offered for the existing tyres on the car. That aside, I am leaning towards going with a reputed tyre shop even if the difference is about 2-2.5k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendream View Post
As for CC6, as you said no reviews are there. Stick to the proven tyre.
I wish there was some data about CC6 and UC6. On one hand I'm thinking surely it'll be a marked improvement over CC5. On the other hand I don't know if there is some cost cutting done to compete in this price sensitive market. Data available is only for these tyres in other countries and we won't be able to compare with them. Anyways, I can go for CC7 in 5 years and stick to CC5 for now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by greendream View Post
Most important: go for latest tyre. Anything more than a year is a strict NO.
Yes, this is something I'll confirm before finalising the store. Thanks for the tip.
tinshark is offline  
Old 8th February 2021, 02:17   #634
BHPian
 
coolguru4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 26
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinshark View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards Conti.
Can you update on the choice you've made?

I'm looking to replace the tires on my i10 which have become unbearable due to the harsh ride and noise. Initially I had suggested you to go for Michelin XM2s and was going to go for the same but the ongoing news regarding Michelin tires price hike and tire import restrictions have somehow made their availability scarce. So, I'm forced to look at other options.

Interestingly, I inquired at a reputed tire shop in my city and following were the options with price -
  • Yokohama Earth 1 - 4200/- per tire
  • Continental CC5 - 4000/- per tire
  • Michelin XM2 - 5500/- per tire
The tire shop guy initially said that Michelins were not available, but when I mentioned that I had called and checked with them for the same tires before coming, they checked their record again and said 4 tires are available. They also mentioned that stock for Michelins is not coming and there is no discount on them either. Hence, the price quote of 5500/- per tire.

I'm yet to check other tire shops, but I think the same story will be repeated. Had sent an inquiry to tyremarket.com as they were showing Michelin XM2 175/70 R13 for 4800/- per tire, but haven't heard from them yet.

As of now, Michelins seem to be out of the picture and I'm seeking advice on other tires. My primary usage is city driving with occasional highway trips. Also, looking for improved ride quality, grip and less noise in new tires, since these are missing in my existing tires now .
coolguru4ever is offline  
Old 1st August 2021, 17:02   #635
BHPian
 
coolguru4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 26
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is safe and getting back to their normal lives.

The tyre changing plan on my i10 had moved to the back burner as my car was being used for weekend runs only (max. 10-20 kms), since the last post I made. But I'm sure things will change in a month or two as my office commute will start. Hence, wish to change the tyres before that happens.

My initial choice was Michelin tyres but they are not available anymore in my city. Next up was Continental CC5, but they are also getting hard to come by. Not going for Yokohama Earth 1 as they are hard tyres as per online reviews.

A tyre shop guy suggested to go for Apollo 4G Life but not in the size I currently have on my car. He suggested to go for 165/70 R13 instead of the current 175/70 R13. The same suggestion was given by 2 different tyre shops.

I need suggestion on the following -
  1. How are Apollo 4G Life for our roads? My criteria is comfort and handling, since the current Chinese tyres on my car lack both.
  2. Is 165/70 R13 a better choice than 175/70 R13? This is -2.94% variation from the original tyre size. I had switched to alloys while the last tyre upsize.
coolguru4ever is offline  
Old 1st August 2021, 19:19   #636
BHPian
 
self_driven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Delhi
Posts: 800
Thanked: 1,966 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguru4ever View Post
How are Apollo 4G Life for our roads?
These are hard compound tyres meant for durability rather than grip/comfort. Yoko Earth1 will be a better, balanced choice if available in your desired size.

Quote:
Is 165/70 R13 a better choice than 175/70 R13? This is -2.94% variation from the original tyre size.
No. GC will suffer with 165/70R13. Better stick to 175/70R13.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 15:33   #637
BHPian
 
coolguru4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 26
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
These are hard compound tyres meant for durability rather than grip/comfort. Yoko Earth1 will be a better, balanced choice if available in your desired size.
Thanks for the clarification. Will stick to Yoko Earth1 or Conti CC5. Any suggestion on which to prefer between these 2 in case both are available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
No. GC will suffer with 165/70R13. Better stick to 175/70R13.
Thanks. Will stick to 175/70 R13.
coolguru4ever is offline  
Old 3rd August 2021, 16:12   #638
Senior - BHPian
 
rohan_iitr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,099
Thanked: 676 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguru4ever View Post
Thanks for the clarification. Will stick to Yoko Earth1 or Conti CC5. Any suggestion on which to prefer between these 2 in case both are available?

Thanks. Will stick to 175/70 R13.
I am using Conti CC5 in my i10 and I am really satisfied with the tyres. They are super silent, comfortable and grippy.

No personal experience with Yoko Earth1, but some members have complained of road noise as the tyres get old.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 17:12   #639
BHPian
 
coolguru4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 26
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I am using Conti CC5 in my i10 and I am really satisfied with the tyres. They are super silent, comfortable and grippy.

No personal experience with Yoko Earth1, but some members have complained of road noise as the tyres get old.

Rohan
Thanks for the suggestion. Will go with Conti CC5 if they are available in the size, otherwise it will be Yoko Earth1.
coolguru4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 19:23   #640
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 669
Thanked: 394 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Time has come to replace the MRF ZEC tyres (155/80/R13) on my i10. Will prefer to go for same size tyres with more grip if possible after replacement.

Confused between Bridgestone B290 and Continental CC6. Both are available in the same 4100/- ish range.

Please advice which one to go for.

Usage will be mostly highways and sparingly on city roads and frequently idling in the basement car parking.
WindRide is offline  
Old 3rd September 2021, 11:40   #641
BHPian
 
deepakv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 120
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
...

Confused between Bridgestone B290 and Continental CC6. Both are available in the same 4100/- ish range.

Please advice which one to go for.

...
I think the CC6 are a better choice by far - being a newer design than the age old B290 series.
deepakv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 11:56   #642
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 669
Thanked: 394 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
I think the CC6 are a better choice by far - being a newer design than the age old B290 series.
Only concern i have is since the vehicle is not frequently used and will be idle in the parking area, are soft compound tyres recommended?
WindRide is offline  
Old 13th January 2022, 17:40   #643
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: jamshedpur
Posts: 455
Thanked: 481 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
I am looking for a set of alloys (preferably with tyres) for my i10.
13 inch i10 or 14 inch i20 alloys. New/sparingly used ones

I would prefer someone's who's upgrading his shoes right out of showroom for a direct fit.
It will be mutually beneficial to both as tyre shops give much less price in such buybacks.
Need it in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai.

Anyone getting a new car and planning to upgrade. Kindly PM
I had got 14 inch i20 alloys with Pirelli 175/65 R14 in 2014.
Now looking for new tyres due to age.
Car does less than 3k kms per year and never crosses 30 kmph within city. Please suggest something VFM which last many years (rather than kms)
What are possible sizes I can try in 14 inch rims? is 165/70 possible?

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 13th January 2022 at 18:00.
vikramvicky1984 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks