Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2015, 10:13   #271
Team-BHP Support

Re: Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)

Few of my friends have got these earth 1 tires but none of them are satisfied. Too much wear, bulges, belt cuts.

Tires purchased were in 14" & 15". Cars - Swift ZDi, Indigo Marina, i20.

The Geolanders are doing fine BTW. Strange..
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 10:11   #272
BHPian

Yesterday bought 5 sets of Yokohama Earth-1 195/65 R14 89H replacing the aging JK's with stock alloys for Ritz Zxi. The ride had improved much, felt more like floating. great looker too. Rs. 4225/- each, total Rs. 21125/- from New-Bharath Pit stop NH byepass, near EMC.
Old 11th November 2015, 10:25   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Few of my friends have got these earth 1 tires but none of them are satisfied. Too much wear, bulges, belt cuts.

Tires purchased were in 14" & 15". Cars - Swift ZDi, Indigo Marina, i20.

The Geolanders are doing fine BTW. Strange..
Thanks for the heads up! I've had similar experience with A Drives. I found them too tender to cope with Indian roads, very prone to punctures and ruptures, especially the sidewalls. I thought the Earth 1 being marketed as "made for India" tyres would fare much better, but seems like even these are carrying the same legacy. In this price range, I think the Accelere/Alnac may just provide the most satisfactory balance between comfort, grip and toughness.
Old 11th November 2015, 10:58   #274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
In this price range, I think the Accelere/Alnac may just provide the most satisfactory balance between comfort, grip and toughness.
See if you can get XM2 or something from Pirelli.

Have heard good things about Alnac 4G so that would be a safe bet as well.

Please do update on what you got and how it is faring in the long run, experiences will help me/others to form an informed opinion next time round
Old 4th December 2015, 12:05   #275
BHPian

Yokohama Earth 1 - 30,000 kms+ Review

I had installed Yokohama Earth-1 on my Skoda Fabia in September 2014. At 38,000 kms.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...ml#post3588624

The current odo is at 70,200 kms. Around 32,000 kms running done, with wheel alignment and balancing plus tyre rotation at every 10,000kms. I have filled the tyres with nitrogen, and i do a complete deflation every 6 months and refill them. So far so good. The car have been used on all sorts of roads, Highways, rough roads, expressway etc.

Positives -

1. Better rolling resistance
2. Reduced rolling noise in the cabin
3. Definitely suitable for indian roads (as company claims)
4. Symmetrical pattern - hence no trouble during tyre rotation
5. Medium compound rubber - longer duration of trade ware
6. Phenomenal grip during high speed turns (dry grip)
7. Tested during the mumbai rains for wet grip. Grip is sufficient enough to cope up with the high speed (50kph-60kph at which i found the car holding well)
8. No side wall bulges at high speed bumps. Roads during monsoon in mumbai are the worst than any other place. So its safe for me to say that the tyres are still holding their structural integrity.
9. I own an i20 also, with Apollo tyres, in similar conditions, and same size as well. I found them inferior to Yokohama. Two bulges on side walls of two tyres. And company will not replace them for you even if the car is under warranty.
10. Trade pattern is intact, no cracks seen anywhere. Trade depth is sufficient enough to go for another monsoon. That's what i'm hoping for.
11. The most important of all, NO PUNCTURES so far.

I have no negatives to report here, or haven't come across anyone who has faced it using the Yokohama Earth-1.

Keep Revvin'
allien936 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 11:48   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
something strange happened today.
I said a bit above 4K, since i had gotten a "team bhp discount" on them.
He said I had paid too much, apparently these things were being sold for 2.5k, and that I should not have paid more than 2.7K for them.
but that bit about these tyres being sold for 2.5K was a bit unexpected - can someone else weigh in on this ?
My friend got 2015 Yoko Earth1 165/85 R14 (Swift LX/Vx/Ld/Vd) size for 3k in Bangalore. Fresh stock, including the wrap. I was shocked at the price.

I had suggested Earth-1 to my friend for his swift ZDI and he has run 40k with the them so far. He is extremely happy with the tyre for its overall performance and ruggedness. He drives a lot on bad roads. His earlier tyre was GY Duraplus.

Last edited by Sridhar K : 8th December 2015 at 11:50.
Old 8th December 2015, 16:33   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Hi all,

I have used the Yoko A Drive and C Drive extensively, and have used the Earth 1 for 10K kms too. I am really happy with their noise, grip, and comfort levels. Currently they are on my Octavia, but I will be getting them on my E220 if there is nothing else available in the market by the time it is time to change them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
My friend got 2015 Yoko Earth1 165/85 R14 (Swift LX/Vx/Ld/Vd) size for 3k in Bangalore. Fresh stock, including the wrap. I was shocked at the price.

I had suggested Earth-1 to my friend for his swift ZDI and he has run 40k with the them so far. He is extremely happy with the tyre for its overall performance and ruggedness. He drives a lot on bad roads. His earlier tyre was GY Duraplus.
I have done almost 20K in mine, and they are still looking very very good. A really impressive tyre from Yoko!
Viraat13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 00:43   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir View Post
Bought 4 Yoko Earth-1 (185/65/R14) yesterday for my i20 . Final Cost was 4050 per tyre ( with old tyre's exchange) with new nozzles+ alignment+balancing+nitrogen. Also got the tyre compressor from tropicool free as advertised on Yokohoma's website. Tyres I got are march manufactured and made in India . Prior to this another dealer( Wheels world in Gurgaon) was giving me the same tyres at 3800 per tyre but they were from July 2014 and made in Philippines and tyre compressor offered was not the one advertised by Yokohoma , but a Good year one. Did not finalize the deal with him.
@Faramir, can you share your experience with Yoko Earth-1 in past 6 months. Am planning to change tyres for my 2011 i20 Asta Petrol. How is it in highways and bad roads compared to the stock Apollo accelere tyres? I am very happy with stock apollo tyres, but thought of changing to Yoko Earth-1 if the feedbacks and reviews are good.

-Ravi
Old 16th December 2015, 23:57   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday had to visit a place about 20 km off, on the way I discovered that nearly 5 km of the path was an absolute mess - no roads, stones, deep potholes, unscientific speed breakers about 4-5 inches tall with abrupt slope, water & slush etc. The 5 km took about 40 mins easily.. it can almost be called off-roading.

That's the bad part, while I'd give credit to how my car is built and tuned (not once did it scrape, or rattle/squeak), the tyres made a real difference which took the car to another level altogether. The tyres were silent even over stones & rough roads, they did their job soaking up every undulation and kept me fresh and relaxed even under such conditions. My respect for Yokohama continues to grow. Earth-1 is all that & more for the money.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 11:40   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Yesterday had to visit a place about 20 km off, on the way I discovered that nearly 5 km of the path was an absolute mess - no roads, stones, deep potholes, unscientific speed breakers about 4-5 inches tall with abrupt slope, water & slush etc. The 5 km took about 40 mins easily.. it can almost be called off-roading.

That's the bad part, while I'd give credit to how my car is built and tuned (not once did it scrape, or rattle/squeak), the tyres made a real difference which took the car to another level altogether. The tyres were silent even over stones & rough roads, they did their job soaking up every undulation and kept me fresh and relaxed even under such conditions. My respect for Yokohama continues to grow. Earth-1 is all that & more for the money.
Thank you @dark.knight. Today am planning to change my car tyres to Yoko Earth-1. Your words are instilling more confidence on it

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 10:02   #281
BHPian

Another thumbs-up for the Yoko Earth-1's from me!

Got the tyres on my Skoda Rapid changes from the stock Apollo Acelere's to the Earth-1's last week, and before this I'd never realized the difference tyres can make! It feels like driving a new car. Excellent grip, no noise and the quality of the ride has improved significantly.

Definitely recommended and these tyres are extremely competitively priced compared to the local manufacturers.
phoenixash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 11:56   #282
Senior - BHPian

As mentioned earlier, i changed the stock Apollo accelere tyres in my i20 Asta to new Yoko Earth-1 185/65/R14.

Planning for trip next week in holidays, so will post my review comments after that.

-Ravi
Old 18th December 2015, 14:25   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
As mentioned earlier, i changed the stock Apollo accelere tyres in my i20 Asta to new Yoko Earth-1 185/65/R14.

Planning for trip next week in holidays, so will post my review comments after that.

-Ravi
That would be helpful . Even i am planning to go for Earth One after the current C Drives wear out
Old 22nd December 2015, 23:25   #284
BHPian

Folks !

I am long time confused between Yokohama Earth 1 & Michelin XM2.
Planning to change stock Goodyears of my Figo Titanium Tdci after doing 45000 kms on odo this weekend.

I was pretty sure on Michelin XM2 as i had installed the same on my Wagon R last month and they feel good, But after going through this thread i am feeling confused.

Help me understand which would be a better buy for my Figo. I regularly drive in the city with once in a month highway drive around Mumbai- Pune.

Which would be a better buy - Michelin XM2 or Yokohama Earth 1
Old 23rd December 2015, 02:11   #285
Senior - BHPian

Have you not been able to form an opinion after a month of usage, go with what you feel. If you think you made the right choice with the XM2 based on your own experience then repeat the purchase if you think not, go for the other make.

[quote=ashishmathur14;3875979]
I was pretty sure on Michelin XM2 as i had installed the same on my Wagon R last month and they feel good, But after going through this thread i am feeling confused./QUOTE]

Most Viewed