Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2020, 17:49   #571
BHPian

Re: Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Guys would you recommend Michelin Primacy 4ST or Yokohama for the 2020 Creta SXO (D), which I am about to get delivery of, which is most probably being shod with JK Royale UX tyres. I saw a YouTube review (changemytyres) that these Royale UX tyres arent all that bad. Tyre size is 215/60/R17.
I’m not sure how the JK’s are, but if you HAVE to go for a switch & if budget isn’t a constraint, then it got to be the Michelin’s. No second thoughts about that. For sure they are much superior to the Yokohama’s. Assuming you’re considering the Yokohama Earth-1 v/s P4ST.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 17:54   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I’m not sure how the JK’s are, but if you HAVE to go for a switch & if budget isn’t a constraint, then it got to be the Michelin’s. No second thoughts about that. For sure they are much superior to the Yokohama’s. Assuming you’re considering the Yokohama Earth-1 v/s P4ST.
Thanks- how about sidewall strength ? I understand that they (Michelin) are slightly comfort oriented, hence prone to sidewall damage.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 18:00   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Thanks- how about sidewall strength ? I understand that they (Michelin) are slightly comfort oriented, hence prone to sidewall damage.
Not that I have heard of any major issues with regards to the sidewall. We have many Bhpians sporting the tires on their steeds and are pretty happy with them. The only area where the Earth-1 would rather excel the Michelins is the LIFE. Being on the slightly softer side Michelins have a tendency to wear out faster in comparison to the Earth-1. Apart from this, I don’t there’s anything to worry about in the Michelins.

I was personally inclined on getting the Michelins for my Creta. But the price difference was way too much & hence settled with Earth-1.
ashvek3141 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 21:14   #574

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
After 4 years of using Pirelli P1 Cinturato on my 2010 Honda City V A/T, I have got it new shoes from Yokohama. I was a bit confused between Yokohama Earth 1, Blue Earth, Michelin XM2 and Pirelli P6 (as far as I remember). But I opted for Yokohama Earth 1 (195/60/R15) after reviewing the Kunji (team-bhp) of automobiles. I got these for Rs5400 per tyre, including Triton valves, alignment, nitrogen, wheel balancing with weights. Not sure how was the deal, but still looking forward for expert advice.

I would like to thank Team-Bhp for honest advices and clearing our doubts.
How did Pirelli perform for you? And how much did it cost? I am planning to get these on my elite i20 195/55 R16
My requirements are low noise, comfort and fair life. My car will complete 6 years and is only driven 40k km(low usage).
Any other recommendations members here can give me?
I am a newbie and would like some suggestions! I am based in delhi.
Old 20th November 2020, 16:57   #575
BHPian

Got these tyres in 195/60R15 for my Honda City iDTEC today.

It costed me ₹22400 including WA and WB and the tyres I got were manufactured in 44th week of 2020,which are freshly baked from oven.

And I got the message from the Yokohama India regarding the activation of warranty on these tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)-1f30337b04514118b4a4a225a3113d77.png  

car_guy1998 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 10:53   #576

I own a Baleno 1.3 Ddis of 2016 make running on stock tyres namely MRF ZVTV 185/65 R15. The car has clocked 87000 kilometers so far on the stock tyres and I assume the tyres would last for another 5000kms more. I religiously stick to wheel alignment schedules every 10000kms and the stock tyres have provided me with exceptional service life. The tyres obviously have turned hard and I am looking forward to replacing them soon. However i need advice regarding my new choice of tyres to enable me to make an informed decision. MRF ZVTVs do suffer from road noise but considering the exceptional service life they provide, I am inclined to opt for them again. I am looking for tyres which last long and I am willing sacrifice a bit in the ride comfort department. Accordingly I have shortlisted the following brands but I am not sure about the service life of other brands except MRF. Any suggestions and advices are welcome and tyres which provide good warranty support in case of any untoward incidents are also preferred. My Short list is as follows:-

1. MRF ZVTV
2. MRF ZLX
3. CEAT SECURA
4. CEAT MILAZE
5. YOKOHAMA EARTH 1
6.GOODYEAR DURAPLUS OR ASSURANCE TRIPLE MAX.

Kindly Advice
Old 23rd November 2020, 19:34   #577
BHPian

I am using GoodYear Assurance TripleMax 2's for my Fiat Linea T Jet 205/55 R16 from a year and 10,000 Km.

Exceptional tyres for the price. Excellent Warranty and Ive had one No questions asked replacement already.

Can't comment on the longevity as yet, but i guess with your maintenance regime 40,000 Km should not be a problem. Most replacement tyres have that kind of a lifespan.

If longevity is the deciding factor, go in for something from JK / MRF / Ceat to ensure it.
mitsalltheway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 15:55   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Do share your experience with the Yoko’s as against the GY.

Do share your thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
They are 205/65/R16

Will certainly share my observations after my next long drive.
Had two long drives with the new Yokohama's on our Creta. One Pune -Ahmedabad-Pune and another Pune-Goa-Pune. Had the opportunity to drive on various surfaces, smooth 4 lane tarmac, cemented expressway, ghats, bad roads etc. The Yokos provide excellet grip compared to the stock Goodyear on the Creta. This also can be felt in marked improvement in braking. These tyres are also softer so the ride feels a little more plush.
But they are certainly noisier, even more so on cemented road surfaces or on a rough/ gravely patch (But quieter on smooth surfaces). Also, large gap between the treads tends to catch relatively bigger stones and more frequently, so people with OCD would have a tough time .
Longevity is yet to be seen, but anywhere above 45k Km is fine with me.

Last edited by ishan12 : 7th December 2020 at 16:01.
ishan12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 21:28   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Had two long drives with the new Yokohama's on our Creta. One Pune -Ahmedabad-Pune and another Pune-Goa-Pune. Had the opportunity to drive on various surfaces, smooth 4 lane tarmac, cemented expressway, ghats, bad roads etc. The Yokos provide excellet grip compared to the stock Goodyear on the Creta. This also can be felt in marked improvement in braking. These tyres are also softer so the ride feels a little more plush.
But they are certainly noisier, even more so on cemented road surfaces or on a rough/ gravely patch (But quieter on smooth surfaces). Also, large gap between the treads tends to catch relatively bigger stones and more frequently, so people with OCD would have a tough time .
Longevity is yet to be seen, but anywhere above 45k Km is fine with me.
Your observations are 100 % in line with mine. These tires provide excellent grip on dry and wet surfaces alike. Handling has drastically improved in my car since I have the 225 sections.

Like I mentioned in my earlier post too, 'noise' is the only issue that I have with these tries, especially on concrete / not so smooth roads.

I think a life of 45k kms is a cake walk for these tires. Heck, my OEM Kumho Solus tires were doing good at 42k kms when I got them replaced. They were still good to go for another 10-15k kms for sure.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 22:58   #580

Replaced 6+ years/48,000 kms old tyres with Earth 1s(E400) on my Honda Amaze petrol. 2/4 stock Good year tyres were giving me frequent run to the puncture shop, I had to get this sorted before an impending long drive. Upsized to 185/65/14 from 175/65/14 for all 4 wheels. The ride is cushier now and held up pretty well on a recent highway drive, there is a marked improvement in the noise levels. Overall I am satisfied with the buy, I just hope it lasts me 45,000kms at least and I will be a happy man.
AsishT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 19:28   #581
PSG

Finally replaced tyres on my Tata Zest XMA yesterday at Premji Tyre Plus , Thane. I put Yokohama Earth 1 , Size 185 60 R15 (Stock size). Got a quote for Michelin XM2+,Yokohama E1, Bridgestone EP150,Goodyear ATM2,CEAT Secura Drive , Apollo Amazer 4GLife and Continental CC5. CEAT and Goodyear were available much cheaper compared to other brands. Finally decided to go for Yokohama E1 as I had a good experience with the brand.I put them on my previous car,Fluidic Verna .They were still good when I sold the car in Jan 2020 after 40K running and 5 years use. Absolutely no problem whatsoever and not a single puncture in those 5 years.
I hope this set of tyres gives same service.
Premji guy told me that the warranty is for 3 years and I received Text message while in office with a registration number for warranty
Old 23rd December 2020, 18:21   #582
BHPian

Just got my i20's 5-year old Apollo Alnacs replaced by the Earth 1.
I can figure out the difference between the old and new tires, but beyond that I don't think they're luxury grade. The dealer strongly advised against the Yoko BlueEarth AE51 that have been introduced recently(2020). I don't know if that was sound advice, but I was in no mood to try my luck.
I drive on non-existent roads, so I'll be updating here about how the tires fare in my usage pattern.
Tires cost me 6600 a piece.
I would also like to post a query here to knowledgeable members who might come across this post. My rear camber and toe alignments are a bit off. I got them checked twice, and the tire dealer said that a few minutes off is not really a big problem. I'm inclined towards letting it go for now and recheck after 5000-8000 km. I am aware that rear alignments cannot be changed at the tire shop. But I have serious trust issues with the Hyundai ASS here, and would like to avoid going to them for as long as I can stretch this!!
Attaching pictures of the new tires, and alignment report below.
Attached Thumbnails
Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)-1608725857545.jpg  

Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)-1608725857523-3_li.jpg  

Old 6th January 2021, 17:34   #583

Looking to replace 5 tyres for the Zen Estilo VXI 2010 (BS4 Petrol without ABS).
Currently running on Bridgestone - wiped out treads, 5+ years old and cracked sidewalls. (My dad got these tyres few years back, he had not checked manufacturing year during installation, there is one tyre from 2012 )

I am looking at Yoko Earth 1 and Michelin XM2+ for 155/65 R13.
For city and highway and bad roads (Bangalore to Mangalore, and village internal roads in Mangalore).

I want to go for Earth 1 due to sidewall issues on bad roads with Michelin XM2.
But they have released XM2+ stating they have fixed the sidewall issues.
A bit confused here

I am thinking of upsizing options as well any thoughts for the below?
1. 175/60 - 1.54% for 4mm GC (No Michelin here :( )
2. 165/65 - 2.49% for 6.6mm GC - My preference
2. 155/70 - 2.87% for 7.6mm GC

Last edited by helios619 : 6th January 2021 at 17:45.
Old 13th January 2021, 20:23   #584

So after a lot of contemplation, I eventually changed the entire set to Yokohoma Earth 1's for my Grand i10. The earlier set were fairly worn out and had become considerably hard due to age. Also, I went a size up to 175/60 instead of the stock 165/60. FYI the stock tyres were Goodyear DP C1. Got the entire set for INR 18,000/-

Did Mumbai - Goa and back after the tyre change and I am happy to report that the highway mannerism has improved considerably. Earlier the car was not stable at speeds of around 100 kmph and especially on concrete roads, that has now gone.

Braking in another aspect which has seen the biggest improvement. The brake bite and the road grip now inspire more confidence to push the car if needed.

Road Noise has somehow increase a tad bit. I had read a lot of reviews where people did complain about the higher road noise with the Earth 1's. However for me, although the road noise has gone up, it's not much of a concern. After all a good playlist can ensure that you don't get bothered by it.

Attaching a pic from the trip which will give you a sense of how much the sized up tyre fills up the wheel well. IMO - It looks much better than the stock.
Attached Thumbnails
Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)-img_5120min.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 14th January 2021 at 00:33. Reason: Merged post with the pic
naveenvadakan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 23:05   #585
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvadakan View Post
Road Noise
Yes, this is the main downside of this tyre as per reviews and I feel the same after clocking 1,100 kms so far on these tyres on my car (Creta).

Last edited by Eddy : 14th January 2021 at 00:33. Reason: Quoted post edited to add the pic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks