Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2011, 17:35   #166
BHPian

Re: Everything about Wheel Alignment: Post your queries here

I have a 5 months old Estilo. i am experiencing a wobbling at a speed of 70-80 from last two three months. Last to last week done a alignment and balancing check from the agency and they reffered me to MRF. As per them because of the new car it's a vendor responsbility to take care of this issue.

MRF guys told me that there is some uneven wear at my driver side back tyre so they reffered me to their authroised tyre center to have the balancing and alignment once again. But still my car wobbles at a speed of 70 or 80.

Can anyone please help what to do now?
Old 13th October 2011, 20:49   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthrottle View Post
I have a 5 months old Estilo. i am experiencing a wobbling at a speed of 70-80 from last two three months. Last to last week done a alignment and balancing check from the agency and they reffered me to MRF. As per them because of the new car it's a vendor responsbility to take care of this issue.

MRF guys told me that there is some uneven wear at my driver side back tyre so they reffered me to their authroised tyre center to have the balancing and alignment once again. But still my car wobbles at a speed of 70 or 80.

Can anyone please help what to do now?
It has to be a problem with the tyres. Get to the MRF guys and ask them to solve it for you. Take it to another good tyre shop and check out the balance of the wheel assembly again. Usually these guys are either inefficient or too lazy to solve your issue so you end up being bounced between the car dealer and the tyre company, each passing the buck to the other.
sn48001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2011, 12:27   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

See, if what the MRF guys are saying is true (the tyres are unevenly worn), there is not much you can do. However, if the tyre that i unevenly worn is at the back, it shouldnt be a problem. The ride can be a little bumpy but that's it.

I think your agency is trying to act smart. If there is a problem with your spark plugs, will you go to Bosch(who in all likelihood made the spark plugs) or ar you going to escalate the issue with Maruti?

You bought the car from Maruti. Maruti sources it's components from outside. The service centre has no right to ask you to go approach the component (in this case, tyre) manufacturer.

Ask the service centre to solve the problem. Let them contact MRF and figure it out if they have to.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 09:58   #169
BHPian

I again went to the agency over the weekend. First without checking anything they told me that a new engineer will come on monday he will check your car . I straight away gone to the works manager and told him then why do you called me today for checking - if you don't do anything today - in that case I have to esclate this matter. Apart from usual alignment and balancing please try something else.

Then he changed the rear tyre with the stepny and assured me if the problem is rectified he'll figure it out how to change the tyre. But the problem still as it was.

Then they told me leave my car for checkup - as it was nothing to do with the tyre, balancing or alignment. At noon i got a call from them - and the problem was due to some manufacturing defect with the front axle and they are changing it. Problem rectified. Here is copy of the bill

Everything about Wheel Alignment: Post your queries here-bill.jpg

Last edited by kthrottle : 18th October 2011 at 10:12.
Old 20th October 2011, 10:55   #170
BHPian

Hi,

I drive Ford Ikon Flair (2005). Recently I experience car wobbling around at medium to high speeds( especially on concrete road). I can consider this happening on uneven road but a little hard braking on super smooth road also make my car wobble.

My car tyres are Yokohama A drive which is only 7000 km old. I visited a wheel alignment center and did all the possible adjustment but problem persist.

Can anyone help me identifying the possible problem?
Old 9th November 2011, 15:14   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

If the wobbling is happening when you brake, it would be a brake issue.

If the wobbling is happening on a smooth road when you are NOT braking, get the wheels balanced. Alignment will not help with the wobbling.
Old 9th November 2011, 16:13   #172
BHPian

can some one provide the details of places that use 4 wheel alignment equipement in chennai? I want to do alignment for my vista and I find that many alignment shops have wrong specs loaded on their computers and as a result their alignment is bad.

regards,
lsjey
Old 9th November 2011, 16:46   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Lots of places exist. Check the TBHP directory. TyreStore off Greams Road is pretty good. I got my alignment done there when I was done with a trackday at MMST. Perfect job.
Old 12th November 2011, 15:49   #174
BHPian

I have 2008 i10 1.2 magna running on stock tires, its steering wheel is harder than before from last 15 days, earlier after taking turn it just came back to center position with any touch but now it doesn't.

I thought its alignment issue and went for alignment and balancing (all four wheels) yesterday but even after alignment and balancing done issue is there. steering is not light as before, attaching alignment report too, so should i take it back to alignment shop again or check with Hyundai Service Center.
Attached Thumbnails
Everything about Wheel Alignment: Post your queries here-wb.jpg  

Old 16th November 2011, 12:38   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStarted View Post
I have 2008 i10 1.2 magna running on stock tires, its steering wheel is harder than before
somebody told me my caster has issue and even service center can't fix it and i have to live with it.

went to service center, SA said its not alignment issue and they have to check by putting it on lift and opening the bumper, refused to took car today as it will take time.
Old 21st November 2011, 11:48   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

It definitely seems to be a caster issue. The problem you are facing is also directly related to the caster.

The service centre cannot shirk it's responsibility. They have to fix it! They cant just ask you to "live with it"!
Old 28th November 2011, 17:58   #177
BHPian

I am not that expert of these things but - service centers might try to oversmart by refusing customers and saying words like 'you have to live with this'.

Even in my case, first they totally refused to look into the matter and directed me to the MRF. But after some strict language they resolved the issues. so please go to your sercive center- its their prime responsibilty to sort out any issues customer is facing.
Old 1st December 2011, 10:18   #178
Senior - BHPian

I recently upgraded from 185/65/15 - apollo aceleres to 195/60/15 yoko c-drives on my vento. The ride quality has improved and noise has gone down which is only expected, but the surprise is - my steering has become lighter inspite of increased contact patch and the play in the steering has increased. It isnt direct as it was earlier and moves around towards left and right without any directional change to the tyres. I replaced these new tyres couple of days back and have done around 100 kms on them, overall the car has done around 5500 km's. Balancing was checked when these new tyres were installed.

Is this something to do with alignment? Can someone suggest what could be the possible reason behind this?
Old 11th December 2011, 14:47   #179
Senior - BHPian

The Camber adjustment of Front Right Wheel is coming negative while carrying out the wheel alignment of our Xylo E8 ABS.
I have checked the Suspension Bushings but they are OK.
Both Sides (Left and Right) Tie Rod Ends and Steering Ball Joints, and Left Side Lower Ball Joint were replaced.
But the Camber of Right Wheel is not getting adjusted to "positive".

The Local Garage Mechanic told me that the car might have faced severe impact over bad roads and the Chassis must have got a hit.
He told me that the last solution is to replace the Chassis.
Is the Chassis of Xylo so delicate that it got bent while driving over bad roads?
But none of the OE Alloys got bent, then how come the Chassis got bent?

I have checked the Wheel Alignment at 3 different places but in vain.
Now what to do?
The car has run over 1,26,300kms till date since purchased in Nov 2009.
It is private use.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 11th December 2011 at 15:08.
Old 12th December 2011, 01:15   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I recently upgraded from 185/65/15 - apollo aceleres to 195/60/15 yoko c-drives on my vento. The ride quality has improved and noise has gone down which is only expected, but the surprise is - my steering has become lighter inspite of increased contact patch and the play in the steering has increased. It isnt direct as it was earlier and moves around towards left and right without any directional change to the tyres. I replaced these new tyres couple of days back and have done around 100 kms on them, overall the car has done around 5500 km's. Balancing was checked when these new tyres were installed.

Is this something to do with alignment? Can someone suggest what could be the possible reason behind this?
This is due to the C drives. I felt the same thing in our old NHC Vtec. The C drives are mainly comfort tyres and the steering feels a little vague sometimes. It has nothing to do with the alignment. The contact patch has increased by 10mm but 10mm is very small. In reality, there may not have been an increase at all! When a tyre says 185mm, it may not be exactly 185mm. It may be a little more or a little less.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks