Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2008, 15:53   #691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
1. Austin healey (I dunno if any exists in India)- yes there is. Was previously owned by a collecter from Bombay but was sold some time ago to someone from Delhi I presume.
I remember seeing a Dark Blue 3000 in Tutu's garage last year. Probably the same car Gogi bhai?

Last edited by iraghava : 13th July 2008 at 15:54. Reason: Reworded sentence.
Old 13th July 2008, 16:42   #692
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the effort! But i need specific address if you can please!

Thanks again!
Old 13th July 2008, 16:53   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I remember seeing a Dark Blue 3000 in Tutu's garage last year. Probably the same car Gogi bhai?
Yes, probably. Bombay number and was white and blue turquisish if i remember right
Old 13th July 2008, 17:38   #694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Jawaharlal Nehru used to have an Austin Healy. It is now in bombay and owned by an elderly parsi gentleman. Well atleast 5 years ago it was..Dont know thte status of it now. Also, I had the opportunity of sitting in the car and biy the engine note sounds amazing..Like mozart...or even better.
Is it this car by any chance (below)? Spotted at the HAIG rally here in February '08.

Quote:
@Shyam, What is the difference between the MK1 standard herald and the Triumph Herald?? Also, What is that Corvette styled badge on the rear quatter pannel??
Virtually very little differences, mainly cosmetic. But Triumph Herald was available in 948cc then 1200, 1250 later 1360 as well.
Whereas stanhers were 948cc only.

Thats a crossed flag, sported usually on racing/sports cars. That car has quite a lot of period badges fitted on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0383.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0385.jpg  

Last edited by Stanher : 13th July 2008 at 17:40.
Old 13th July 2008, 17:47   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Tutu's garage does have the dark blue 3000 but the car that Gogi bhai is talking about went down south and then was sold from there and is now in Jaipur.

Gogi bhai there is also a Maybach in delhi. also a 20's cadillac has made its way to Mumbai. you must be knowing of it.

Last edited by speedy : 13th July 2008 at 17:51.
Old 13th July 2008, 18:13   #696
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Is it this car by any chance (below)? Spotted at the HAIG rally here in February '08.
Nope, MHU 5858 was ex Nosh Nagarwalla in Pune, then with Bhandari, and has since apparently reached Hyderabad. Superb car, long term ownership.

The Healey in Lonavala/Bombay was Fali Dhondys. I had seen it only as a kid. MMH regd. It went to Ravi Prakash, I did not now it has again changed hands to Jaipur.

Welcome back Speedy!

EDIT - Just found a pic at a Bangalore rally. I think this picture is from the forum as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-austin05.jpg  

Last edited by karlosdeville : 13th July 2008 at 18:22.
Old 14th July 2008, 21:14   #697
Senior - BHPian

1938 Austin for sale.

A contact tells me this 1938 Austin is up for sale. I have no knowledge of the car or its condition, but I can guess it's from Nagpur. The expected price is 3L, but the contact says it can be brought down to 2.5L.
Wish I could buy it, but there are other priorities currently
Sorry about the quality of the pics, but they've been taken on my cellphone, from pics which he had, as the car is not here.
Any feedback on the car, anyone ??
If interested, please PM me, and I can give you the contact's number directly.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-phone-picture-076.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-phone-picture-079.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-phone-picture-081.jpg  

Old 14th July 2008, 21:28   #698
Senior - BHPian

@Superselect: If anything is up for sale you need to announce this in the Classified sections. Please do the needful so that people interested could see the ad.
Old 14th July 2008, 21:33   #699
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, VJ_Mavrick, I will do so. However, it's not me who is selling the car !! Just happened to chance upon its availability.
Old 14th July 2008, 21:57   #700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
@Superselect: If anything is up for sale you need to announce this in the Classified sections. Please do the needful so that people interested could see the ad.
Uh, classifieds is more of a general section and is striclty ads only.
This thread was created more for awareness of classics available and also discussing/consulting people for advice/opinions on prices of various classics etc.
People also come to know if any rare car is available and/or whether it realls is authentically rare or not and so on, through this thread.
Old 15th July 2008, 15:25   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
The Healey in Lonavala/Bombay was Fali Dhondys. I had seen it only as a kid. MMH regd. It went to Ravi Prakash, I did not now it has again changed hands to Jaipur.
Harit has this picture of the Healy to share from an old Bombay rally.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-3a.jpg  

Old 15th July 2008, 21:57   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Welcome back Speedy!

EDIT - Just found a pic at a Bangalore rally. I think this picture is from the forum as well.
thank you Karl.
yes the Healey of Fali uncle went to Doc and then passed hands to V.S. in Jaipur. he also bought the XK120 from Pune. he does have some wonderful cars in his garage. saw the Healey the XK and the shadow myself. if i believe right he has around 15 cars.
Old 15th July 2008, 22:22   #703
Senior - BHPian

none of them are for sale or what, i meant the healey? I want! I want!
Old 16th July 2008, 13:37   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
thank you Karl.
yes the Healey of Fali uncle went to Doc and then passed hands to V.S. in Jaipur. he also bought the XK120 from Pune. he does have some wonderful cars in his garage. saw the Healey the XK and the shadow myself. if i believe right he has around 15 cars.
Speedy, Doc has not sold the car, it is still with him. A friend spoke to him to confirm. The Jaipur car is another one, probably from Delhi.
Old 17th July 2008, 11:02   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Speedy, Doc has not sold the car, it is still with him. A friend spoke to him to confirm. The Jaipur car is another one, probably from Delhi.
when i went and saw the car the no plate was the same as fali uncles. That is why i was shocked to see the car there and on my asking he said the car came in from bangalore two days ago. this i talk of 5 months ago when i was in jaipur. Maybe they had some arangement of sorts. Jehangir had sold the car to Doc and it was put on the truck at my place, so i would not make a mistake with the Healy. it is one of my favorite cars from fali uncles collection.

there was a healey sprite black in colour for sale in Bombay a while back. dont know if the car is still there or sold.

Last edited by speedy : 17th July 2008 at 11:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks