Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2008, 21:14   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Thats news to me. The bonnet, front fenders, the dash( see the left side of the dash where he has fitted an Ambassador's glovebox cover(Landmaster's had no glovebox covers).The meters are of the Landmaster (1956 and later as the 1955 Smiths meters were white dialled). And as you say, if the tail fins and back lights are of the Ambassador, the chaps must have tried to give a newer look to a Landmaster with so many Ambassador parts. Its surely a Landy-Amby hybrid! Yes with a suitcase containing Rs two lakhs that guy who owns it can jump off a bridge. The Olympics are due soon. maybe he wins a diving medal!!
I am just speculating here...it strikes me that there's so much of this car that suggests it's a Landmaster. The main thing that suggests it's an Amby is the boot shape. Supposing at some point, the car's rear-end was damaged in an accident. Let's say the bootlid and rear fenders were too damaged for bodywork. You think maybe they got Amby bootlid and rear fenders, and fitted them? Experts...can you comment?
Old 4th August 2008, 22:44   #737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
I am just speculating here...it strikes me that there's so much of this car that suggests it's a Landmaster. The main thing that suggests it's an Amby is the boot shape. Supposing at some point, the car's rear-end was damaged in an accident. Let's say the bootlid and rear fenders were too damaged for bodywork. You think maybe they got Amby bootlid and rear fenders, and fitted them? Experts...can you comment?
its definitely a hybrid, that has been established. Which was the original car is in question, which should be answered by the regn number. Im not too familiar with the MYB series, but my guess is it should date to the mid 50s, making it a Landmaster.
Old 4th August 2008, 22:58   #738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
Maybe Sidman, but that guy has also fitted the aluminium, front fender top strips of the Ambassador- you'll notice two of these perched atop the fender. But he has not got fitted Amby headlight sealbeam covers which had shades on their top portions till the advent of the Mark 3. The bootlid of an Amby fit the Landmaster- the number plate lights are also the same for the Landy and the Amby Mark 1 and II.
Old 10th August 2008, 12:35   #739
BHPian

Pontiac Bonneville available

FUNNIEST ADVERTISEMENT I have seen lately

since he has changed the original engine and now wants 45 lacs for it and says its convertible
Seller Comments

It is very old car, manufacturing 1957 in England, we changed the engine of car because average of original 6-cylinder petrol engine is 3mile/litter now 4-cylinder diesel engine average is 13 km/litter. Some other information about my car- weight-1 1/2 ton length-17.5 fit width-10 fit height-6 fit color-pehu red car no.-CG.16ZD1323 I want to sell my car as soon as possible.

link

Used Cars - Search used cars available for sale in India - CarWale.com
Old 10th August 2008, 17:52   #740
Senior - BHPian

This guys a laugh riot. A Convertible....by that he must mean a converted engine (converted to diesel or something like that) what a waste of ad space.
Old 10th August 2008, 22:58   #741
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
This guys a laugh riot. A Convertible....by that he must mean a converted engine (converted to diesel or something like that) what a waste of ad space.
True! Also I'm sure that car isnt a '57 by any means!! That body shape came only in the late 40s or at the most early 50s only! Maybe he wants to reduce its age by 10 or so years for the sake of selling??
Old 10th August 2008, 23:26   #742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
True! Also I'm sure that car isnt a '57 by any means!! That body shape came only in the late 40s or at the most early 50s only! Maybe he wants to reduce its age by 10 or so years for the sake of selling??
Correct me if i am wrong, but doesnt an older car comand a higher value? What was this fellow thinking!!
Old 10th August 2008, 23:59   #743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Correct me if i am wrong, but doesnt an older car comand a higher value? What was this fellow thinking!!
'seems to be one confused dude!! :sigh:
Old 11th August 2008, 11:17   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
FUNNIEST ADVERTISEMENT I have seen lately

since he has changed the original engine and now wants 45 lacs for it and says its convertible
Seller Comments

It is very old car, manufacturing 1957 in England, we changed the engine of car because average of original 6-cylinder petrol engine is 3mile/litter now 4-cylinder diesel engine average is 13 km/litter. Some other information about my car- weight-1 1/2 ton length-17.5 fit width-10 fit height-6 fit color-pehu red car no.-CG.16ZD1323 I want to sell my car as soon as possible.

link

Used Cars - Search used cars available for sale in India - CarWale.com
I'm sure he wants 4.5 lakhs for it.
Must have got the zeros wrong

If he really wants 45 lacs, I want some of what he's smoking
Old 11th August 2008, 12:48   #745
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I saw a Daimler (England) lying in a workshop in chennai. Did not have the camera handy. WIll visit the same place this week & put up some snaps. Don't have any idea what model it is. Just said Daimler (England). Couldn't pop the hood.

Just googled the car. Here it is. It is a daimler BD 10 Saloon 1951

Will post the real picture soon.

Here is a linky in wiki for this.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-daimler_bd_10_saloon_1951.jpg  

Last edited by esteem_lover : 11th August 2008 at 12:54.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:24   #746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplythebest View Post
I'm sure he wants 4.5 lakhs for it.
Must have got the zeros wrong

If he really wants 45 lacs, I want some of what he's smoking
Or perhaps drinking!
Old 11th August 2008, 14:52   #747
Senior - BHPian

@el, how much is he asking for it?
Old 11th August 2008, 16:02   #748
Senior - BHPian

Haven't met the owner still Jay. Let me know if any of you guys are interested.
Old 11th August 2008, 18:02   #749
BHPian

@el
I think many people would be interested (including me), all depends on how much the owner asking.....and the condition of the car.
Please get the details and photo.
Old 14th August 2008, 08:47   #750
BHPian

Friends, Check this
1942 GPW (Ford Jeep)

1942 GPW (Ford Jeep)

Regards
Girish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks