Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 23:27   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai3033 View Post
It is indeed a original clean car. But does it have the original engine and is there a scope for negotiation? Also can you please PM me the contact details of the seller? Incidentally this is my very first post.
Jai, welcome aboard from me too!
As karl has said, the engine and other mechanicals visible are indeed original.
As for negotiation, I doubt it, as I know a little history of this car (in the sense heard of it, first time I'm seeing what it looks like)
'turns out the guy who presently owns it had bought it for 90k (negotiated from 1 lac!) and, from what he has told Suren, he spent 30k on restoring it further.
So that would mean even is he sells it to just recover his expenditure there is no scope of him coming down below 1 lac!
Old 1st August 2008, 10:21   #722
BHPian

Jai Do check your inbox. Have PM'ed you his contact details, and yes Welcome to TeamBHP do post an intro, would help us to know more about you.

Good thing this, first post on the classics section.
Old 1st August 2008, 11:53   #723
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Shyam and Suren - it is a good car and I am interested but not at such an exorbitant price. Seeing the condition, I will in any case have to do a ground-up restoration my way (you have seen my 3 fiats) then what's the use. Just my thoughts. I don't care whether he makes a loss, if I buy, it will be at my price. Look at it this way - apneko chhodke ki lenewala to hai nahin. Aaneka hoyha to aayega, otherwise download the photos and forget it. I have forgotten many such cars.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 1st August 2008, 17:56   #724

That is a lovely 10 indeed. Dad, Shouldnt we be considering something closer to home though??
Old 2nd August 2008, 21:57   #725
BHPian

Ambassador Mark 1 for sale

I was searching for this electroplating shop, when I was forced to hit my brakes hard, as I saw a much-loved shape (nope, not Mallika Sherawat!) inside a compound I was passing. An early Lamby 150! On closer inspection, a slight distance away was a 67 Lambretta! And then to top it all, a Mark 1 Amby! All these vehicles belong to the guy who owns the place. He was not there, but his assistant was helpful. He told me the sccoters might not be for sale, but the Mark 1 is up for sale. Got his permission to take photos of all the vehicles. Its a 62 model, with what he calls "Toyota 2C" engine. I'm no expert to judge this car. But my 2 paisa: Hated the upholstery. Steering wheel not original. Needs bodywork. Has the original taillights, could not take photo as the rear of the car was sitting in a bush. Asking price: 2 lakhs, negotiable. Anyone want to have a shot at this car, PM me. Next weekend, I will be going to meet the owner, will get his contact details. And don't ask me about the scooters!
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc00132.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc00133.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc00134.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc00135.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc00136.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2008, 22:39   #726
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
But my 2 paisa: Hated the upholstery. Steering wheel not original. Needs bodywork. Has the original taillights, could not take photo as the rear of the car was sitting in a bush. Asking price: 2 lakhs, negotiable.
Not to mention its fitted with a landmaster bonnet!

The front grill is fully ruined by fitting that fan though!
Old 2nd August 2008, 22:46   #727
Senior - BHPian

Man! That amby is pure junk! Too buggered up to restore. And 2 lac?? What was this guy smoking when he quoted this?? I'd say around 10-15k for this car, as scrap iron that is!
Old 2nd August 2008, 22:48   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Not to mention its fitted with a landmaster bonnet!

The front grill is fully ruined by fitting that fan though!
And a Landy speedo console!! Is this a landy or an amby??
Old 2nd August 2008, 23:07   #729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was searching for this electroplating shop, when I was forced to hit my brakes hard, as I saw a much-loved shape (nope, not Mallika Sherawat!) inside a compound I was passing. An early Lamby 150! On closer inspection, a slight distance away was a 67 Lambretta! And then to top it all, a Mark 1 Amby! All these vehicles belong to the guy who owns the place. He was not there, but his assistant was helpful. He told me the sccoters might not be for sale, but the Mark 1 is up for sale. Got his permission to take photos of all the vehicles. Its a 62 model, with what he calls "Toyota 2C" engine. I'm no expert to judge this car. But my 2 paisa: Hated the upholstery. Steering wheel not original. Needs bodywork. Has the original taillights, could not take photo as the rear of the car was sitting in a bush. Asking price: 2 lakhs, negotiable. Anyone want to have a shot at this car, PM me. Next weekend, I will be going to meet the owner, will get his contact details. And don't ask me about the scooters!
Oh God! This is a Landmaster with the original meters (the ones in the central console only), body. The wheels and steering are Mark 4 (1990's or later), the front fender top aluminium strips are Ambys(any mark 1,2,3 no 4 doesnt have these), the two Smiths meters in the centre are original Landys (mark the MPH within), the quarter glasses are removed and the whole car looks like a hybrid Amby-Landy offspring. I cannot comment upon whats inside the bonnet?
Its not worth anything more than a cool Rs 30,000 at the most!

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 2nd August 2008 at 23:09.
Old 3rd August 2008, 00:07   #730
BHPian

This is not a Landmaster. I did take a look at the back, though I could not get a photo. The boot is of the Ambassador shape, not the Landmaster. Most probably, a Mark 1.
Old 3rd August 2008, 00:36   #731

It does look like a Lando with an amby bumm fused to it!!! And with that butchered job, He must be joking if he thinks he can get 2laks!! Tell him to jump off a bridge!! Sid, Post pictures of the Lambys please..
Old 3rd August 2008, 01:21   #732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Tell him to jump off a bridge!!
Geez, you sound just like your papa, dikra!

As they say, like father, like son!
Old 3rd August 2008, 20:05   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
It does look like a Lando with an amby bumm fused to it!!! And with that butchered job, He must be joking if he thinks he can get 2laks!! Tell him to jump off a bridge!! Sid, Post pictures of the Lambys please..
Hehehe...I can imagine the steam coming out of Cyrus' ears, when he read the asking price! You asked for the Lamby and Lambretta photos, here they are: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...tml#post925843. As we say here, Enjoy Maadi!!!
Old 4th August 2008, 11:54   #734
BHPian

Volkswagen Microbus

Hi!

I'm thinking of buying a Microbus. I need advice on this. Starting from where to find one, price range, running costs, availability of maintenance services, have-I-missed-anything?

I am planning to visit Goa this month. I've heard that there is a garage specializing in VWs somewhere in Panaji. Any idea regarding its whereabouts, tel no?

I have a 1957 FIAT Elegant (dukkar). So in a limited sense, I'm acquainted with old cars!

Thank you.
Old 4th August 2008, 20:17   #735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is not a Landmaster. I did take a look at the back, though I could not get a photo. The boot is of the Ambassador shape, not the Landmaster. Most probably, a Mark 1.
Thats news to me. The bonnet, front fenders, the dash( see the left side of the dash where he has fitted an Ambassador's glovebox cover(Landmaster's had no glovebox covers).The meters are of the Landmaster (1956 and later as the 1955 Smiths meters were white dialled). And as you say, if the tail fins and back lights are of the Ambassador, the chaps must have tried to give a newer look to a Landmaster with so many Ambassador parts. Its surely a Landy-Amby hybrid! Yes with a suitcase containing Rs two lakhs that guy who owns it can jump off a bridge. The Olympics are due soon. maybe he wins a diving medal!!

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 4th August 2008 at 20:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks