Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2008, 09:53   #706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
1. Austin healey (I dunno if any exists in India)- yes there is. Was previously owned by a collecter from Bombay but was sold some time ago to someone from Delhi I presume.
I remember now the car was not sold to Delhi but went to Bangalore as Karl has rightly pointed out.
I also had heard stories about it being sold to a collector in the North but I am unaware of this being the same car.
Old 18th July 2008, 15:41   #707
Senior - BHPian

I was offered a Austin Healey 3000mk111 1966 with the 4 carbs[or was it 2] engine 4 years back.
This car was in Calcutta and in very good[fantastic] condition. I was very keen, but 4 years back asking was 15lacs!. Not able to locate the photos.
Old 22nd July 2008, 00:06   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
I was offered a Austin Healey 3000mk111 1966 with the 4 carbs[or was it 2] engine 4 years back.
This car was in Calcutta and in very good[fantastic] condition. I was very keen, but 4 years back asking was 15lacs!. Not able to locate the photos.
Do you have contact details now.?
Thanks
Old 22nd July 2008, 02:13   #709

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

there was a healey sprite black in colour for sale in Bombay a while back. dont know if the car is still there or sold.
I think this is the car i was talking about!! It was definately black..
Old 30th July 2008, 22:36   #710
Distinguished - BHPian

I was on the Bombay Poona expressway the other day and spotted this 190 fintail Mercedes being towed towards Pune.

Classic Cars available for purchase-01.jpg

It looked pretty complete and intact, so I made a couple of phone calls, traced it and found out it is for sale, if anybody's interested send me a PM Ill put you in touch with the owner. I had a closer look at it today, and I really liked it. With a day's work I would think the car would even start up.

Classic Cars available for purchase-02.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-03.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-04.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-05.jpg

Incidentally standing next to it is an identical car, fully restored in powder blue and also offered for sale.
Old 30th July 2008, 22:49   #711
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
A contact tells me this 1938 Austin is up for sale. I have no knowledge of the car or its condition, but I can guess it's from Nagpur. The expected price is 3L, but the contact says it can be brought down to 2.5L.
Wish I could buy it, but there are other priorities currently
Sorry about the quality of the pics, but they've been taken on my cellphone, from pics which he had, as the car is not here.
Any feedback on the car, anyone ??
If interested, please PM me, and I can give you the contact's number directly.
The car owner is known to me. He is from Nagpur. It was with him since the last maybe more than a decade.Condition is quite OK.I have photographed this car in 2005 but not in the digital format. Will try to post better pictures this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I was on the Bombay Poona expressway the other day and spotted this 190 fintail Mercedes being towed towards Pune.

It looked pretty complete and intact, so I made a couple of phone calls, traced it and found out it is for sale, if anybody's interested send me a PM Ill put you in touch with the owner. I had a closer look at it today, and I really liked it. With a day's work I would think the car would even start up.
Excellent find by karlosdeville- wish I could get it and have enough time to restore.But no the Landmaster is enough for me!

Note from Mod - you MUST use the MULTIQUOTE feature, or the EDIT button instead of posting multiple consecutive posts within 20mins of each other in the same thread.

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st July 2008 at 00:45. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 30th July 2008, 23:09   #712
Distinguished - BHPian

This Chevrolet Chevy II Nova 1966 is for sale in Nagpur.The condition is not as good as seen in this photo here. This picture was taken in 2005.It is LHD has auto transmission and has a V-6 engine(the original). Anyone interested pm me ! Maharashtra Registration (Mumbai) and all papers are/ will be updated before sale. I did not ask about the price from its owner but can quote offers if made.

Classic Cars available for purchase-chevrolet-a1.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-chevrolet-a2.jpg
Old 31st July 2008, 00:19   #713
Senior - BHPian

JayD - You want a fintail Merc??
Old 31st July 2008, 10:23   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Hey Karl - Not sure if it is the camera playing tricks but it seems that 2 cars you have posted are different. The one being towed looks to be in better shape than the one that is grounded. Would the owner be interested in selling parts? I am always in the look out for salvagable parts for my 110?

Quote:
Incidentally standing next to it is an identical car, fully restored in powder blue and also offered for sale.
Nice! Can we have pictures please?
Old 31st July 2008, 10:43   #715
BHPian

Standard 10 for sale

Chanced upon a 1961 Standard 10 for sale. Started the car and it's engine was purring like a kitten. Details as follows:

1961 Standard 10
Supposedly single owner (The owner is/was the S/o some Nawab according to the RC)
Life Time Tax paid
Fitness valid upto 2009
Mostly original fittings (glaringly not the radiator though)
Price Expected: Rs.1,25,000/-
Pics follow
The Headlights are LUCAS Made in England, The Front Indicator Lenses are also Made in England. The tail lights seem sad though.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-img00457.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00458.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00459.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00460.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00461.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00462.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00463.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00464.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00465.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00466.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00467.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00468.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00469.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00470.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00471.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00472.jpg  

Old 31st July 2008, 12:13   #716
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Chanced upon a 1961 Standard 10 for sale. Started the car and it's engine was purring like a kitten. Details as follows:

1961 Standard 10

Mostly original fittings (glaringly not the radiator though).
Seems like a very neat original car no doubt, though Id price it at half of the asking. But then again, I am a cheapskate.

Primarily the car suffers from poor bodyline - a problem common with all Standard 10s/Pennants, including mine, though Id say this car looks straighter than mine. The has been recently tarted up to sell, one can see from the paint job details and overruns. It certainly seems all original, though the upholstry and patterns are incorrect. The gear lever knob rear view mirror and ignition switch have been changed, as have the wiper arms and blades. The indicator lever stalk has a little bulb in it as indication when operational, it is very delicate and has been broken. It is common to the early Minis and is easily available abroad.

Would also like to point out that the radiator is indeed original, just painted. It should have been in brass.

All in all a nice car for someone looking for the genuine item, they are very hard to find these days, price nonwithstanding.

EDIT - I also see the parking light rings are adapted from a Gazel. A smart move, as they tend to fall of quite easily. I've lost 2 (duplicate ones) already, so I dont keep the lenses on. Also the car still has the original red door beadings, impossible to replicate today.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 31st July 2008 at 12:18.
Old 31st July 2008, 12:21   #717
BHPian

I have given my replies in bold alongside the quote. Thanks Karl for the feedback

Quote:
The has been recently tarted up to sell, one can see from the paint job details and overruns.

He did mention that he spent close to 30k recently on this car, yes, with the motive to sell it.

It certainly seems all original, though the upholstry and patterns are incorrect.

These could be corrected easily though, isn't it so?

The gear lever knob rear view mirror and ignition switch have been changed, as have the wiper arms and blades.

The guy told me the rear view mirror was original, now I know he was wrong

The indicator lever stalk has a little bulb in it as indication when operational, it is very delicate and has been broken. It is common to the early Minis and is easily available abroad.

He did say that he was unable to source it locally

Would also like to point out that the radiator is indeed original, just painted. It should have been in brass.

My bad on this, thought it was not original

All in all a nice car for someone looking for the genuine item, they are very hard to find these days, price nonwithstanding.

Hope it finds a home in a TeamBHPians garage

Last edited by suren181 : 31st July 2008 at 12:24.
Old 31st July 2008, 12:38   #718
BANNED

Hey very surprising, found this in T-BHP classifieds.

Very obscure details, but still worth a dekkho.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-bet.jpg  

Old 31st July 2008, 21:46   #719
BHPian

It is indeed a original clean car. But does it have the original engine and is there a scope for negotiation? Also can you please PM me the contact details of the seller? Incidentally this is my very first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post

1961 Standard 10
Supposedly single owner (The owner is/was the S/o some Nawab according to the RC)
Life Time Tax paid
Fitness valid upto 2009
Mostly original fittings (glaringly not the radiator though)
Price Expected: Rs.1,25,000/-
Pics follow
The Headlights are LUCAS Made in England, The Front Indicator Lenses are also Made in England. The tail lights seem sad though.
Old 31st July 2008, 22:22   #720
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai3033 View Post
It is indeed a original clean car. But does it have the original engine and is there a scope for negotiation? Also can you please PM me the contact details of the seller? Incidentally this is my very first post.
Welcome aboard. The engine is definitely original, with all original unique to Standard 10 parts visible. The Herald shared the same engine, with a few minor changes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks