Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2008, 18:38   #901
BHPian

Wanted: Chevy Camaro and Ford Mustang in India

Hi Guys,

I m based out of Hyderabad and am looking for a Chevy Camaro and Ford Mustang in India or it can be 2 camaros or 2 mustangs but the catch here is we are looking only for models between 1965 and 1975 an in scrap condition obvioulsly with the engine.

Onle serious selllers may contacts.

My number is +91-9951760629
Old 8th December 2008, 11:25   #902
BHPian

Cars For Sale

I have the following cars for sale from my collection
  1. Vauxhall 1947, 14 HP, 6 Cyl- one owner, quite original, Original Regn.Book, Needs restoration
  2. Chrysler Windsor, 1946, Body & Mechanical work done. Original RC book, Taxes paid until 2008. New tyres.
Old 8th December 2008, 11:28   #903
BHPian

Do you have any spares that you wish to part with from the Vauxhall 1947 that could fit a 1952 Vauxhall Wyvern?
Old 8th December 2008, 11:39   #904
Distinguished - BHPian

Can you give us more details like pictures and expected prices?
Old 8th December 2008, 14:36   #905
BHPian

Bluestraveller;1947 vauxhall spares will not fit 1952 Vauxhall. I have no spares either
Old 8th December 2008, 14:46   #906
Senior - BHPian

From yesterdays Newspaper (Delhi edition):
1951 Jaguar mark V 3.5 litres, Sliding roof,Black colour,tan interiors

contact person: Suresh 9818652994
Old 8th December 2008, 16:07   #907
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...available.html

I think you should search hear.
Old 8th December 2008, 16:20   #908
BHPian

Dear Karl,
Please send your e mail ID to me.My e mail is indoutsource@yahoo.co.in so that I can send you the photos.
Old 10th December 2008, 21:22   #909
BHPian

My MUSTANG

im selling my 1967 Mustang coupe, if you are interested call my dad at 9821190440. Just say that you are interested and saw that it was for sale on this website. Tc.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th December 2008 at 12:41.
Old 11th December 2008, 11:05   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
From yesterdays Newspaper (Delhi edition):
1951 Jaguar mark V 3.5 litres, Sliding roof,Black colour,tan interiors

contact person: Suresh 9818652994
suresh is the mechanic.His 'badesaab' is the owner.his number:098101110962.
talked to him.do you want to know his asking price?
his asking price is a mere Rs.50,00,000/-
yes that is correct-5 million INDIAN RUPIAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11th December 2008, 11:09   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post

I think he has told you the price of a brand new car along with the parking space in the Chandini Choke
Old 11th December 2008, 11:23   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
I have the following cars for sale from my collection
  1. Vauxhall 1947, 14 HP, 6 Cyl- one owner, quite original, Original Regn.Book, Needs restoration
  2. Chrysler Windsor, 1946, Body & Mechanical work done. Original RC book, Taxes paid until 2008. New tyres.
the asking price is just out of the world!!
I am not mentioning it here because ananth saheb has requested not to do so.
But i cant refrain from publicizing the fact, that some people do have this habit of asking LUDICROUS prices for their cars which require lakhs to restore to concours standards.
TeamBhpians may remember the concours LANDMASTER WOODY TRAVELLER whose photos are in this forum.
the same honourable TEAMBHPIAN from CHENNAI had asked for the price which the owner will part with it. the owner from NAGERCOIL had asked less than what would be additionally required to restore the VAUXHALL to concours standards.
In my view this VAUXHALL car is only worth a third of the price quoted.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th December 2008 at 12:35. Reason: quote fixed
Old 11th December 2008, 14:55   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
there are 11 digits in the mobile number....

must be a mistake.

anyways 50 lacs is out of the question!
Old 11th December 2008, 15:55   #914
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, cool it on the comments about pricing.

Please remember that in a transaction, there is a seller and there is a buyer. The money exchanged between them is what both agreed on, and they would have agreed after the amount was mutually acceptable. If there was a broker in between and he made a killing, even then either of the parties should bear no grudge as the price paid/received was mutually acceptable in the first place.

Now if you find a quoted price too high, it is very acceptable to walk away. If you say "No thanks" then it would show good upbringing. But, I would strongly recommend that one does not make comments on the forum which another could find offensive. Who knows, tomorrow one could have something for sale which the expensive party needs and you both could play chess or cat and mouse. There will be no acrimony.

Another thing, there are better ways to get stuff. I personally have not seen the owners of 90% of the stuff I buy, I do not have the time and do not want them to see me and decide a higher price. To do something like this you need to trust the persons acting on your behalf. I have excellent experience, though sometimes I did get fired. When I average it out I come up trumps. This is called Networking. Also, in today's time there is no price level for anything. When I bought my MG TC in 1979, the rate going for an MG was Rs 10,000/- but I bought for Rs 12500/- and the books were not upto date. Thank God I used my brain at that time and paid Rs 2500 more, because MG prices had started to climb to Rs 25000. Today the price is set by an owner as per his fancy, and there is so much demand that he gets his price eventually. And then there is the factor of fate/luck. About 6 months ago a MG TC was scrapped in Mumbai Chor bazar, originally it went for around 25000!!! in Mumbai in 2008. This I can prove, I know where it went and I managed to get a few parts. These were real scrappies, they scrapped the radiator for the copper to part finance the purchase.

Even buying parts from Chor Bazar is an art, these are business people who buy scrap to earn money. Now I go maybe once in 3 years, whenever stuff of my interest comes I get a call and then it is brought home. Yes, there is a premium, but even these guys have other regular buyers and the best stuff one never sees. Many of them are real gentlemen in their dealings.

Another thing, when someone sends pics of some scrap car/parts lying around, do not discourage him by devaluing the item. "Only if it comes for peanuts", "too much work" etc are not encouraging comments. One should be a little more positive and encouraging. Why not ask about fittings, often they have been removed and stored before the car is thrown out. Or ask about the presence of an engine. In the end you get all the info and the guy who spotted something will also report on his next find. Many are novices, have no idea, share some junk seen on the roadside, why discourage. Only this way increasing the network will hidden junk come out which can turn out to be a treasure. An example is my Bantam found in Bangalore. Many guys will ask what is a Bantam, well that was hidden treasure though it has no complete engine and lots of parts missing.

Please guys, take this in the right spirit, try to understand that we should encourage more people. Some may try a lottery with high prices, sometimes they win and sometimes they lose. But lets remain cool and friendly ALL throughout.
Old 11th December 2008, 16:09   #915
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Often when people come home to see my cars most end up asking if I would consider selling them. Not to disappoint them I actually enjoy quoting ludicrous prices, because guess what, in the vintage car scene if someone desperately wants it any price is right. I remember sometime back when some people approached me for my Packards I quoted a fancy price to which they offered 50% and we said goodbye to each other. A few years later they came back and asked if I was willing to sell the cars at the price I quoted. I doubled the price. We said goodbye again. A few months back someone came and offered a price (for one car) far more than what I had quoted for both cars and I still refused ! Hope you guys get the drift

Most would fall off their chairs if they hear my latest price

Last edited by DKG : 11th December 2008 at 16:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks