Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 17:04   #1021

Yes the same on JayD. Its a mess..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I believe one is up for sale in the T-bhp classifieds, is it the same one??
Old 10th February 2009, 17:37   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
stanher do u know of any heralds for sale, my dad used to own one two door when in coll. would like to add one to my collection
I saw a photo of a Herald convertible that might be for sale in Guwahati when we were there past weekend.
If you are still in the market I could follow up for you.
Old 10th February 2009, 18:42   #1023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
I saw a photo of a Herald convertible that might be for sale in Guwahati when we were there past weekend.
If you are still in the market I could follow up for you.
I doubt if that's an original convertible, there never were in India. Many were owner-modified into convertibles, but again few could get it right as per the original spec. Here's one such example spotted by Prabal in Delhi:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1165985-post701.html

But this is NOT for sale I'm afraid!
Old 11th February 2009, 17:51   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I doubt if that's an original convertible, there never were in India. Many were owner-modified into convertibles, but again few could get it right as per the original spec. Here's one such example spotted by Prabal in Delhi:

Thanks for the insight, I will check that out and see if more photos are available. Any idea what a fair price would be?
Old 11th February 2009, 18:25   #1025
Senior - BHPian

While surfing around..found these cars up for sale...

1914 Morris...feels like a 1928 Morris Minor to me..What say experts?
VINTAGE MORRIS 1914 FOR SALE IN U.P LUCKNOW Mumbai - : Used Cars, Vans & SUV's in at Quikr

1976 Mercedes240D Auto.
Mercedes Benz Classic Model Gurgaon - : in at Quikr

Mercedes 190 E.
MERCEDES BENZ 190 E DONE ONLY 30,000 MILES IN IMMACULATE SHAPE S Hyderabad - : Used Cars, Vans & SUV's in at Quikr

1971 Ford LTD V8 Automatic
1971 FORD LTD V-8-AUTO-LHD,DIRECT IMPORT,SINGLE OWNER,THANE REG Pune - : Used Cars, Vans & SUV's in at Quikr
Old 11th February 2009, 20:32   #1026
BHPian

As far as I remember, the Morris owner wants around 8 or 12 Lakhs for that car.....it was long back I checked.
Old 11th February 2009, 21:46   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post

I spoke to Sanjeeb Pres. of the NE Vintage & Classic Club who had mentioned the car. It is indeed a conversion resting about 1 hr drive away. He will take some detailed photos and post them when he can. The asking price is around R 80,000.

His M. is 9864068147 A super person and you can see him driving the car and then with his lovely wife standing to the right of the old Ford T.
Old 12th February 2009, 23:33   #1028
Distinguished - BHPian

cycles, anyone??

I don't know if this is the right thread to post this "vehicle".......but couldn't think of any other!

Somebody had mentioned classic cycles/bicycles in another thread earlier....so this may be right for someone who's looking at the moment.

I was shown this really old "Webb" cycle lying at a mechanic's garage here. He doesn't know exactly how old it is but my guess (from the central spring at the front) is that it could be more than 50 years old!

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_2446.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_2449.jpg

Looks nice but 'never heard of this name before.......the headlamp seems to be of a brand "Enders" and made in germany ('did take a pic. of that but didn't come through!)

Name:  IMG_2451.JPG
Views: 1414
Size:  133.3 KB

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_2452.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_2453.jpg

It's supposed to have an engine as well, which is missing- it's mounted under the frame and connected to the "driveshaft" seen inside at the bottom, which moves the rear wheel!
So currently it runs on pedal power only.

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_2454.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_2455.jpg

He's quoting a rather steep (IMHO) price for it though- 60k, claiming he'd had an offer for 40k, in the condition it is in.
Interested, anyone?
Old 13th February 2009, 01:22   #1029
BHPian

Stanher: It was me who was talking about bicycles. I've not seen anything like this one but the Webb is not a cycle name but that of the fork manufacturers. Wow that is some price this guy is expecting, I doubt it would have sold for that much even with the original motor on. In autocycles, the engines are always worth more than the cycles, as many cycles survived but not the engines. Also these type of engines are pretty hard to come by.

The best ones to lay your hand on are the motorized wheels, which could be fit on most bicycles. One good example, which sells for quite a bit, is the BSA Winged Wheel. The only one that I came across here is in Delhi and the owner wanted 75k for it.
Old 13th February 2009, 13:07   #1030
BHPian

Here is a similar autocycle that is currently being restored by a friend of mine (The Famous James Autocycle). Karl anything catches your eye in one of the the photos?
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-james-autocycle.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-james-autocycle1.jpg  

Last edited by TuffRyder : 13th February 2009 at 13:12.
Old 13th February 2009, 14:40   #1031
BHPian

Tuffryder: By any chance would you be having any snaps of the Blue Vespa which is in the background. A rarity AFAIK.
Old 13th February 2009, 14:59   #1032
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Karl anything catches your eye in one of the the photos?
A lot of things, but nothing excites me like the Vespa. Since I know I will never find/afford one, I plan to make one of them on an existing Bajaj some day.
Old 13th February 2009, 15:38   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
A lot of things, but nothing excites me like the Vespa. Since I know I will never find/afford one, I plan to make one of them on an existing Bajaj some day.
Karl...HOW CAN A LITTLE VESPA GET ANYONE EXCITED!

Will have to scan a photo of one I purchased from my university english prof, in 1958, that was lying covered in ice at the back of the school for $50. All I did was put a new clutch cable on and used it all summer. Drove home, near Windsor 230 miles for the weekend, and half way in the middle if the night pulled into the Police station, cold and tired and asked if I could sleep in one of the cells. Only night I ever found my self in one, no breakfast though. On the way back, again at night I was about 80 miles out and driving along with my feet up on the front carrier and put my feet down and with knowing it put them on the brake which locked up the back wheels, shut off the lights and fish tailed for God only knows how long before it flipped. A car stopped and I was taken to the hospital about 15 miles away for a few stitches, and the people then took me reluctantly back to my "beloved Vespa" which was Ok, and having finally figured out what had happened, drove on back to Toronto. It was one of my more memorable trips!

But a Vespa is only a Vespa.
Old 13th February 2009, 16:02   #1034
BHPian

See more photo's of Blue Vespa (page7) and more in......

Overdrive • View topic - B&QREST's garage!!!!

regards
Old 13th February 2009, 16:06   #1035
BHPian

Suren181: I had posted those pics in the commercial vehicles forum. Anyways will post it again for you here. Belongs to a friend of mine, who is going to restore it and knowing him he will get every nut and bolt original.

Ka Spot on. Apparently there is one for sale now, asking price 1.5L. Might go to a well known collector in Bangalore.

John: This is no ordinary Vespa. Its a 1954 Piaggio Ape. There are only a handful of them that came to India and I know of 3 surviving ones. The one owned by my friend has been preserved very well over these years. It is a rare one the world over. Im also posting a period picture of one used in races.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-ape54.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-ape1954.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-apestoriarm3.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks