Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2008, 00:17   #271
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Youll also find a pic of moralfibre and yours truly burying our heads in the engine bay
Hehehe even this picture has me burying my head in the engine bay . And no, the Red Sportscar you see in the picture is not for sale .
Old 15th January 2008, 20:42   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Hehehe even this picture has me burying my head in the engine bay . And no, the Red Sportscar you see in the picture is not for sale .
Drat!! My hopes crushed yet again. Why do desirable things always have to be either, Fattening, Married or Not for sale?
Old 16th January 2008, 12:34   #273

Hey Karl, i am Interested in restoring the amazon, have just finished work on my 1953 BSA. If there is a donor car it shld be easier to recondition? Also how much is the asking price?
Old 16th January 2008, 12:56   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayospeed View Post
Hey Karl, i am Interested in restoring the amazon, have just finished work on my 1953 BSA. If there is a donor car it shld be easier to recondition? Also how much is the asking price?
Howdy

I dont even remember what price he had come to, its been a while since I saw him. Its better that you contact the owner directly. Contact details are in this months BSM.
Old 1st February 2008, 11:26   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
After a long silence, an update on this car- called up the scrapguy this morning.....he says the RC itself couldnt be found....!

So he says he's going to try for 2 more days and if it still cant be found he's going to break the car!

Anyone still interested in having it or (regrettably) parts from it please contact me.
Old 1st February 2008, 15:52   #276
BHPian

There is a Standard 10 (estate shape) for sale in Bangalore. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Antique Car - Standard 10 for sale
Old 1st February 2008, 16:28   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
There is a Standard 10 (estate shape) for sale in Bangalore. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Maybe automannj or Behram Dhabhar would be interested.....however the car in the pic. there is definitely NOT the same car advertised as the background doesnt seem to be anywhere in India at all! Especially the road!
Old 1st February 2008, 16:41   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe automannj or Behram Dhabhar would be interested.....however the car in the pic. there is definitely NOT the same car advertised as the background doesnt seem to be anywhere in India at all! Especially the road!
You are spot on Shyam. The pic in the ad is of a car shot abroad.

I spoke to the contact mentioned on the AD, he claims it is a 82 model (was it manufactured till 82) and that the car is in perfect condition. The asking price is 65k.
Old 1st February 2008, 17:10   #279
BHPian

Quote:
For some reason, I can't seem to get over the rusting beetle that Stanher has mentioned in the Rust in pieces thread. Only if I could revive it.
Old 1st February 2008, 18:05   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You are spot on Shyam. The pic in the ad is of a car shot abroad.

I spoke to the contact mentioned on the AD, he claims it is a 82 model (was it manufactured till 82) and that the car is in perfect condition. The asking price is 65k.
Theres obviously a mistake. 82 Standard didnt make the 10, Herald or gazel. Maybe its a Standard 20 truck, or a Standard 2000.
Old 2nd February 2008, 17:12   #281
v10
BHPian

convertibles or coupes

are there any classic or vintage coupes or convertibles available????
A ford mustang or chevy convertible would be a dream come true.........
please if anyone knows of any classic or vintage coupe or convertible for sale....
Thank You
Old 4th February 2008, 15:57   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If the car isnt too far away from you, do check it out and get us some pics. The asking price is ridiculously high for a Companion though.

Quote:
however the car in the pic. there is definitely NOT the same car advertised as the background doesnt seem to be anywhere in India at all! Especially the road!
Certainly not. The car is a regular at the Rally scene in the UK, and is regd 858 CLL.
Old 22nd February 2008, 02:46   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Oh, and yeah, forgot to add- Ive been told of a chocolate brown 1969 mk2 Herald (ie. with the "cat eye" type headlamps/bonnet) up for sale here.....totally roadworthy, got valid papers, just needs a battery.

Asking price @40k....can be negotiated of course.....the mech. who told me of this car refused to show it to me yet though, saying that he'd take me to see it only if I were ready to buy it on the spot & came with cash in hand! How unreasonable!
any further news on this?..im interested
Old 22nd February 2008, 10:59   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraveller View Post
any further news on this?..im interested
Sorry, sold already...I happen to know the person who bought it (he also has a LHD fiat 1100 super-select- which he wont sell of course!)......at present the news is that he's getting it done up.....also claims its a '64 mk1 fitted with a mk2 bonnet....so he's on the lookout for a correct bonnet....
Old 25th February 2008, 16:03   #285
BANNED

Hi guys,

Sorry for responding late.

This guy is out for sale in Bangalore.

Classic VW Beetle
1967/ 1500/ LHD
All docs upto date.
Fully restored

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks