Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2008, 14:33   #331
BHPian

Ford Angila 1966

I need your inputs guys,

I am being offered an 1966 Ford Anglia here in Bangalore for 1.5lakhs. It has all original fitting except for the engine which has been changed to a herald engine. He doesnt have the original engine with him. The rest is in a very good condition, no corosion, paint is excellent. It doesnt have the side beadings.

How much do you think I can quote for the car,

I am sorry I dont have the pic but this is how it looks,
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-cl_ford_anglia_1966.jpg  

Old 18th March 2008, 14:42   #332
Senior - BHPian

The price of a vintage car depends a lot on its condition and originality. So, pls post pictures so that we can comment on it.

But generally, i don't think its worth picking up an anglia with a non original engine. The price asked is way too much. Try to bring it to around a lakh or less. Try to find a source for the original engine before buying the car. An engine swapped car is usually worthless.(unless its some very rare car, which is not the case here)
Old 18th March 2008, 15:32   #333
BHPian

Thanks for posting the Minors. Are these the same minors in Pune you were referring somedays earlier? Do you have the price for the Maroon car and some contact details of the person, will help me get in touch with the seller.
Old 18th March 2008, 15:42   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarshanS View Post
Thanks for posting the Minors. Are these the same minors in Pune you were referring somedays earlier? Do you have the price for the Maroon car and some contact details of the person, will help me get in touch with the seller.
Yup, the very same. Ive PMd you his number.
Old 18th March 2008, 18:26   #335
BHPian

The Select looks better than the Super Select. In both these cars, the side trafficators aren't original. Both needs restoration to be done. Wonder how the other things are,engine,interiors etc
Reh Minors they look OK,bumpers pitted & hence may be difficult to plate unless patched & ground.
Old 19th March 2008, 00:59   #336
BHPian

68-Fiat1100

There is a 68 Fiat 1100 is for sale on "Carwale" in Bangalore. The asking price is 22k, if anyone has membership for this site, please source me the contact details.
Used Fiat 1100 Petrol for sale, Buy Used 1968 Fiat 1100 Petrol car in India - CarWale.com India
Old 20th March 2008, 13:55   #337
BANNED

Cut & Paste Minis

Just to warn you guys of the Minis that are running around various cities, that came via Chennai. These cars sere cut and brought in illegally and then welded together at the pillars, and midway through floor. They are structurally weak and the welding questionable. Have seen these being put together. Almost all of these cars had been recently confiscated by the DRI, and am told that the RTO is still questioning its roadworthiness. So guys, check well, before you buy. Look under the car and you will find a kind of non-original box. This is where the two halves of bodies were welded together. All such cars were registered in the Chinglepet District of Chennai.
Just for your information, so that you buy with your eyes open.
Old 20th March 2008, 14:16   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice to see you after ages! As you might have seen, the vintage section is brimming with activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoticars View Post
Just to warn you guys of the Minis that are running around various cities, that came via Chennai.
We did hear of these. I wonder what the cops would do with them after confiscating them. The spares market should soon be flooded
Old 20th March 2008, 14:49   #339
BHPian

You are perfectly right. These were confiscated by DRI. I know for sure that some are yet to be released. The RTO @ chingelput did register them and they did not bother about the structural welding. All these bear Regn. TN 21.......
Old 20th March 2008, 15:32   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
The RTO @ chingelput did register them and they did not bother about the structural welding. All these bear Regn. TN 21.
I suppose this is one of them in that case.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/754414-post316.html
Old 20th March 2008, 15:34   #341
BANNED

Cut & Paste Minis

Hi Karl,
Yepp, been away a long while. Good to be back. Just been around Delhi, Jaipur, Kanpur looking at cars. Have loads of pics that I will soon load. Need time doing that.

Back to the Minis. I am told that some of the cars have been given back to owners and are back on the streets. Had checked if they would cut and put parts up for auction. That was what I first heard. Subsequently, there has been some tussle between the Customs & DRI, as to who should decide what to do with them. RTO also pipped in and said they would not let them back on road due to questions of roadworthiness. Not sure where all this stands now. Risky cars to buy. Imagine what happens when the welds give way under stress, you may have the rear part of the car tearing away, with the two halves going their own ways. Phew! Would'nt want to be in one of these Minis for sure. Yes, they are all TN 21 cars. Beware !!
Old 20th March 2008, 15:50   #342
BHPian

Yes,probably one of the smuggled ones
Old 20th March 2008, 17:46   #343
BHPian

Mini sold in bangalore

One Mini cooper bearing TN 21 was sold in Bangalore last weekend for 5.5 lakhs, it was blue car with a white roof, so I guess it was one of those them!
Old 20th March 2008, 20:19   #344
Senior - BHPian

I remember gogi telling about the same issue some time back! I had a feeling the red one was one of them too, but not sure.
Old 20th March 2008, 20:47   #345
BANNED

Yes the red one is also one of them,

There are cars coming the chennai way and getting registered in Bangalore.

The RTO's are just passing them as normally as any other classics.

Anybody to tell what are the after effects on owning such minis.?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks