Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2008, 20:48   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraveller View Post
There is a 68 Fiat 1100 is for sale on "Carwale" in Bangalore. The asking price is 22k, if anyone has membership for this site, please source me the contact details.
Used Fiat 1100 Petrol for sale, Buy Used 1968 Fiat 1100 Petrol car in India - CarWale.com India
Another pic. of a "similar" (although if its really a '68 model it cant be a super-select, has to be a delight only) model taken abroad!

This is the 2nd time Ive seen someone on an Indian site do that for their ad, the last one being a standard companion also in B'lore!

'wonder why these people selling their cars put up pics. of other cars from abroad? Are they worried bout people saving the images of their cars and using them in an unauthoried way? But then they too are doing the same with these images!
Old 20th March 2008, 21:02   #347
BHPian

Hi

There's a Opel Caravan for sale. asking price 1.30 lac will forward the contacts if anyones intrested.
Old 20th March 2008, 21:04   #348
Senior - BHPian

can somebody please let me know if there is a VW beetle available.. any condition.. or a Jonga.

Goddy
Old 20th March 2008, 21:13   #349
BHPian

hi

I had missed a jonga by a day last year. it was sold for 30K all running & good condition. Damn!!!!
Old 20th March 2008, 21:49   #350
R.G
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Boss if you can find one fro me with an original petrol engine, at a reasonable price, ill bless you for the rest of my life
This is for you V-16. Have a look at these pages.

Adv. on 3rd March 08
The WW2 Willys jeep for sale

1942 GPW Ford Jeep FOR SALE from vadodara Gujarat @ Adpost.com Classifieds > India > 1942 GPW Ford Jeep FOR SALE from vadodara Gujarat ,free,indian,classified ad,classified ads,secondhand,second hand

an immaculate Ford jeep GPW 1942. Dont know if the price quoted is reasonable though

Good Luck !!
Old 20th March 2008, 22:04   #351
R.G
BHPian

apologies V-16 ..
There is something wrong with that adv. :(

check this link
1942 Ford GPW jeep – Vadodara
An year back or more.

same guy , same words , but a different jeep.

Either he has got an huge collection of so called unused , well maintained GPW's or else is a damn lier..

@Mods , my first post was not approved so couldn't edit or merge this .
Old 20th March 2008, 23:16   #352
Senior - BHPian

4.7lac!!!, but then

There was a numbskull here who put up and ad in tha papers for a hindustan14 with an amby eng for 3lac!!.
Old 21st March 2008, 00:44   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
can somebody please let me know if there is a VW beetle available.. any condition.. or a Jonga.
now someone please explain to me why jongas should be discussed on the vintage and classic thread and not on 4wd threads? jonga=classic? HOW? for that matter, even post 1970 FIATs Maruti 800s Ambassadors Standard 20, 2000 etc,etc shouldnt be here!! they are NOT classic!!
whats next? Contessa CLASSIC ??

Last edited by awini : 21st March 2008 at 00:46.
Old 21st March 2008, 02:46   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
now someone please explain to me why jongas should be discussed on the vintage and classic thread and not on 4wd threads? jonga=classic? HOW? for that matter, even post 1970 FIATs Maruti 800s Ambassadors Standard 20, 2000 etc,etc shouldnt be here!! they are NOT classic!!
Absolutely!!
Its not snobbery, its different interests and they don't mix well.

Last edited by Julian UK : 21st March 2008 at 02:50.
Old 21st March 2008, 09:47   #355
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
For this reason I had suggested to Julian creating specific threads for different categories of cars, Brass Era, Pre War, Post war etc. If we can agree on classifications then the quality of threads would be not be compromised.

My personal opinion is that its okay to have a thread discussing Fiats and Ambassadors and Standard cars, after all they represent motoring for the millions and are more significant in their impact on people's lives.

All we need to do is enhance the classifications and create quality in these threads

I empathise with how you feel but people are deeply passionate about Fiats and VW's and Ambassadors. I think that's wonderful and if not here where would these discussions rest? Considering the rest of TBHP is for current automobiles.

Initially foreseeing this problem I wanted to create dedicated threads but some members objected to too many threads. Which is why everything is getting clubbed into one thread which loses its identity. I don't think we need to be so stingy with threads. Have dedicated threads, like Classic Fiats, Classic Ambassadors etc and let people carry on with whatever interests them. That way everyone has a place to talk about what he/she likes and since this forum is for all and not the domain of a few we keep everyone happy and enjoy ourselves at the same time

Just a suggestion guys, hope its viewed in the right spirit. Awini and Julian I fully understand your concern and feel it can be addressed this way
Old 21st March 2008, 15:14   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
For this reason I had suggested to Julian creating specific threads for different categories of cars, Brass Era, Pre War, Post war etc. If we can agree on classifications then the quality of threads would be not be compromised.

My personal opinion is that its okay to have a thread discussing Fiats and Ambassadors and Standard cars, after all they represent motoring for the millions and are more significant in their impact on people's lives.

All we need to do is enhance the classifications and create quality in these threads

I empathise with how you feel but people are deeply passionate about Fiats and VW's and Ambassadors. I think that's wonderful and if not here where would these discussions rest? Considering the rest of TBHP is for current automobiles.

Initially foreseeing this problem I wanted to create dedicated threads but some members objected to too many threads. Which is why everything is getting clubbed into one thread which loses its identity. I don't think we need to be so stingy with threads. Have dedicated threads, like Classic Fiats, Classic Ambassadors etc and let people carry on with whatever interests them. That way everyone has a place to talk about what he/she likes and since this forum is for all and not the domain of a few we keep everyone happy and enjoy ourselves at the same time

Just a suggestion guys, hope its viewed in the right spirit. Awini and Julian I fully understand your concern and feel it can be addressed this way
Very well put DKG. All classes of vehicles of yore are precious; a few more specific threads (or maybe clubbing together a few of the 'ordinary' marques in one thread) would liberate the readers to their own selection. Although I suspect, most would check out new posts in all the threads, none the less!
Old 22nd March 2008, 00:08   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G View Post
This is for you V-16. Have a look at these pages.

Adv. on 3rd March 08
The WW2 Willys jeep for sale

1942 GPW Ford Jeep FOR SALE from vadodara Gujarat @ Adpost.com Classifieds > India > 1942 GPW Ford Jeep FOR SALE from vadodara Gujarat ,free,indian,classified ad,classified ads,secondhand,second hand

an immaculate Ford jeep GPW 1942. Dont know if the price quoted is reasonable though

Good Luck !!
Thanks RG. Ive seen these ads and also the prices and the guy with the changing jeep. Half of these numbers are out of order. The others are either wrong or no reply. Then these ads are almost a year old...Ive given up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
4.7lac!!!, but then

There was a numbskull here who put up and ad in tha papers for a hindustan14 with an amby eng for 3lac!!.
Not to forget the guy Ishan and me checked out for a beat up 55 Millicento requiring a heap full of restoration. The dingbat wanted 9 lacs for it
What to say.. its his car!!
Old 22nd March 2008, 00:30   #358
Senior - BHPian

And not to forget the recent ad on the Autox.in for the Kerala registered Willy's, according to the dealer it's been sold for 4.5L!!

Either he's off his rocker or people have too much money & no sense!
Old 22nd March 2008, 10:19   #359
BHPian

Help

Ok am confused wid what to go for so here is what i'll post am not sure what its gonna be finally
i can either look at a big car like a caddy or chevy nova or some thing of the likes -- need not be working but the body should be good with papers and eng. or a small car with no roof have not set a budget as yet but if any of you know of such cars please mail me details with pictures if available so i know what i'm looking at planning on one or the other soon
also ther contributions like where to get stuff done would be great
HELP!
Old 22nd March 2008, 11:22   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Not to forget the guy Ishan and me checked out for a beat up 55 Millicento requiring a heap full of restoration. The dingbat wanted 9 lacs for it
What to say.. its his car!!
9 lacs.......9 LACS!!! I donno what to say!!

Hmm...I guess then the one over here is going cheap enough for you, haina gogi bhai?

'will just send you a pm bout that car btw.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks