Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2008, 09:12   #256
BHPian

I am very keen for this car. Stanher please help ....
Old 5th January 2008, 10:12   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Amol, this will complement the Rover perfectly, go for it! Its so incredibly complete and intact, I cant believe it.
Old 5th January 2008, 10:33   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Gogi, thanks for your inputs bro! I wondered bout the veneer as I somehow recall seeing wood veneer on the dash of a similar model in Madras a few years ago......maybe it was owner-added? Or dash taken from a Westminister or something...

Karl, gogi- I did speak to amol yesterday and as he says- if no one buys & restores it he will, because Ive already got a 'yes' response from another tbhpian Benson, first.

But one question to anyone keen on buying it- what if even if the papers are intact but (God forbid) there is NO N.O.C on them??
How do you intend to manage with getting the car re-registered in another state (wherever you live)?
Old 7th January 2008, 16:03   #259
Senior - BHPian

dont worry Benson, you can have the car. I have my hands full anyways and i am smitten by a certain millicento which i must have.
Old 12th January 2008, 01:20   #260
Senior - BHPian

For Sale: Ford Anglia Stationwagon

In case you guys missed this one

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tionwagon.html
Old 13th January 2008, 23:30   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
I am very keen for this car. Stanher please help ....
Benson, Ive just sent you a pm.

Please reply ASAP!
Old 14th January 2008, 10:47   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

This 67 Volvo Amazon is up for grabs, alongwith loads of spares and a complete spare car. The owner drove the car out of the factory in Sweden in 67, shipped it to Boston and a couple of years later brought it to Pune. It was his daily driver till 3 years ago, and has been replaced by an Indica (!). It hasnt run in 3 years, though I did manage to start the car last month. Wheels are jammed, so we didnt try driving it.

Pick up this months BSMotoring for an interesting story and more details.
Old 14th January 2008, 14:07   #263
BHPian

Austin

Hi Fellow BHPians

I am in process of acquiring the Austin that StanHer posted a few days ago. The problem is no NOC. Owner wont help procuring it either. The owner wants to scrap the car.

Obviously it wont be transferred in my name. RC book is there it seems. As a short term measure i thought about getting a sale receipt from the actual owner.

What i want to know is that will this receipt be of any value in case a dispute arises later about ownership of the car. Is there a way to get NOC through agents or otherwise any other means without owner involvement.

Regards
Old 14th January 2008, 20:29   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Hi Fellow BHPians

I am in process of acquiring the Austin that StanHer posted a few days ago. The problem is no NOC. Owner wont help procuring it either. The owner wants to scrap the car.

Obviously it wont be transferred in my name. RC book is there it seems. As a short term measure i thought about getting a sale receipt from the actual owner.

What i want to know is that will this receipt be of any value in case a dispute arises later about ownership of the car. Is there a way to get NOC through agents or otherwise any other means without owner involvement.

Regards
If the owner wants to scrap the car, you have a problem. I assume he hasnt signed transfer documents either. What makes you think he will give you a sale reciept?

Catch hold of a trusted agent, and look for loopholes, straightforward or otherwise. Better yet, sweet talk the owner and convince him of your intentions with the car, much like asking for his daughters hand in marriage ...Cracking him will make life much much easier. Remember, you are dealing with 3 states, UP, AP and MH.
Old 14th January 2008, 22:43   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
If the owner wants to scrap the car, you have a problem. I assume he hasnt signed transfer documents either. What makes you think he will give you a sale reciept?

Catch hold of a trusted agent, and look for loopholes, straightforward or otherwise. Better yet, sweet talk the owner and convince him of your intentions with the car, much like asking for his daughters hand in marriage ...Cracking him will make life much much easier. Remember, you are dealing with 3 states, UP, AP and MH.
Karl, ok its like this: the owner I guess initially did want to scrap the car out of lack of interest maybe, which is how it ended up there.

But after the scrapguy had conveyed the intentions of the person wanting to buy the car he must be ready to do the least he can in this regard, so he shouldnt mind giving a declaration letter stating that he had sold the car to so & so & that he didnt have the NOC.

Yup cracking up the owner also should do the trick......if he's gone soft enough with age.....else (with due respects to Armymen) being an ex-Army man if you rub him up the wrong way who knows he might let out four-legged pets to chase us rather than us chasing his (former) four-wheeled pet! :P

Anyways, any other advice on this matter to Benson (& me as well!) would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Stanher : 14th January 2008 at 22:48.
Old 14th January 2008, 23:05   #266
Senior - BHPian

hey karlos does the Volvo s80 belong to him too?
Old 14th January 2008, 23:09   #267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
The Volvo S80 doesn't belong to him.
Old 14th January 2008, 23:16   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post

WOW!! What a nice picture !!

Do you work for BSMotoring?
Old 14th January 2008, 23:18   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
Hehe nah the Amazons were used for a shoot alongwith the S80 being tested by BSMotoring. Its a great article in this months issue, do pick it up. Youll also find a pic of moralfibre and yours truly burying our heads in the engine bay
Old 14th January 2008, 23:19   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
WOW!! What a nice picture !!

Do you work for BSMotoring?
Nah, though I wish I did. I hope someone from BSM is reading this!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks