Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2008, 17:09   #301
Senior - BHPian

@ Stanher, how much is he asking for it? also,any idea on what will be the cost of transporting it to cochin?
Old 8th March 2008, 17:29   #302

Available 1951 Morris Minor complete

Hi everyone,

Im from delhi and a vintage & Classic Car collector, im parting ways with it as i want to buy some other car i like.
please contact me if any one's interested at 9818450129, the car is complete with Maharashtra registration , black color just requiring a new paint job and carpet.
Exellent running condition i do 80km every week in it to keep it good.

Please help me find unrestored cars as im crazy about restoring them to original condition and bringing them back to glory.

Thanks
Old 8th March 2008, 18:08   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
@ Stanher, how much is he asking for it? also,any idea on what will be the cost of transporting it to cochin?
He has not yet told us, we will get around to asking him only after getting to know the status of the papers etc.

Cost of transporting, roughly maybe within 7-8k?
Old 8th March 2008, 18:17   #304
Senior - BHPian

Mai Katar mein hoon Shyam bhai.
Old 8th March 2008, 22:04   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Mai Katar mein hoon Shyam bhai.
Achchi baat hai gogi bhai. Krupaya prateeksha keejiye!

Anyways, I guess the real test of who's serious bout saving it would come once I put up the pics.....AND most importantly the asking price! Hehe....

Oh, and if (I repeat IF) none from this entire forum ends up disinterested in picking it up despite all other things being allright (papers etc. intact), you'd know who would, as a last resort!
Old 9th March 2008, 11:55   #306
Senior - BHPian

Gogi! Check this out!
Welcome to Autoxchange - Used Cars, Find Your Car, Sell Your Car

It was originally from my native, calicut! wonder how it ended up in new delhi! But the taxes are still updated in the calicut RTO itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-willy1.jpg  

Old 10th March 2008, 09:28   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

The scrapguy called my mech. some time ago to tell us that the Millecento appears not to have any papers intact. So he is intending to scrap it!!
Now on calling him back, he tells my mech. that he actually DID find the papers......what a crazy ***!!!

He's quoting 35k for the car but we said we are going to talk about it only after we get there & see the paperts etc.!

Last edited by Stanher : 10th March 2008 at 09:40.
Old 10th March 2008, 16:24   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automannj View Post
Yep. Still need landmaster/MK1 amby and a Willys jeep to complete my wish list.
My Wish list is eggjactly the same as yours. Also add a Mini cooper and a Microbus. Dude, you have atleast made a start with the Beetle. I am yet to start my innings. Wish you all the very best for completing the wishlist. Congrats again on the Beetle.

BTW, since you are from Hyderabad, finding low-bonnet Jeeps should not be difficult. Get in touch with Shyam(Stanher) and Zulfikar, they should be able to help you.
Old 10th March 2008, 16:44   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
My Wish list is eggjactly the same as yours. Also add a Mini cooper and a Microbus. Dude, you have atleast made a start with the Beetle. I am yet to start my innings. Wish you all the very best for completing the wishlist. Congrats again on the Beetle.

BTW, since you are from Hyderabad, finding low-bonnet Jeeps should not be difficult. Get in touch with Shyam(Stanher) and Zulfikar, they should be able to help you.
Thanks Santosh. Shyam already knows about my wish list, will try to pass the same message to Zulfikar. These days I do see lot of low bonnet jeeps in around Secunderabad area. I looked at one last month, had good paint, some accessories with 309 diesel engine but the guy was asking for 1.8L.
Just last week missed a Mark1 Amby, the seller was second owner of this 1965 beauty. It had a BMC engine and apparently the guy sold it for 30k. only if I had seen the car one day before.
Don't worry buddy you'll get that dream car of yours. Just a matter of time.
Old 10th March 2008, 17:12   #310
Senior - BHPian

MK1 ambys are still available here, though the prices have increased a lil bit in the recent times for original ones. Landmasters are difficult whereas Low bonnets are almost impossible to find!!
Old 10th March 2008, 17:23   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
MK1 ambys are still available here, though the prices have increased a lil bit in the recent times for original ones. Landmasters are difficult whereas Low bonnets are almost impossible to find!!
Can you PM with more details.
Old 10th March 2008, 17:39   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automannj View Post
Can you PM with more details.

You've got mail!!!
Old 10th March 2008, 18:46   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

OK guys, here are finally the pics. of the car!
Sorry bout the delay but my net conked out a few hours ago, came back only now...& I'm not feeling well today so had a nap meanwhile!

As you can see its got quite a lot of original stuff on and looks salvageable enough.

Now, as for the price, the guy was quoting 35k, has come down to 30 so far....he said whoever seriously wants to buy the car would have to talk to him directly (even thru ph.) bout negotiating further.
As for the papers, he said the owner has had them kept in a bank locker & is out of town for a month!

In the meanwhile he's given us a week-10 days' time to decide on buying the car. However Ive already paid him a deposit of 3k so in the event that there is none coming forward to buy the car after that (& thus he'd break it), he'd let me have all the parts I (anyone) want for that amount. OTOH if anyone is keen on buying the car, he would hold it up until the papers have come, for the deposit Ive paid him. So thats the arrangement. 'hope that sounds clear to those of you who were keen to buy the car. So do let me know by this weekend.
I could assure you that I wouldnt let him take the full amount from you (whatever it comes upto) until & unless he gives the car with papers.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0445.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0444.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0439.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0440.jpg  

Old 10th March 2008, 19:13   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

More pics. Note original air-filter (see Farhan Kidwai's millcecento for ref.)

Again, anyone serious on buying the car- FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-mil_enginebay.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0438.jpg  

Last edited by Stanher : 10th March 2008 at 19:22.
Old 11th March 2008, 00:13   #315
Senior - BHPian

She looks like she needs a lot of work, a grounds-up job in all probability I think.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks