Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2007, 19:37   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Is this your vehicle? This photo was shot at this years 15th Aug rally in Hyderabad by Stanher.
karl the fiat looks really nice but dont you loose points for the sticker on the doors. the hub caps also dont look original period ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar View Post
he is asking too much for the jeep...
max would be 3.5L...if he comes to hyd.
3.5L is also too much for the jeep my friend and that too for a diesel engineed. it should not be more then 1.5 according to me. this is in reference to the 5lac jeep from ebay.
the poona jeep with everything original should not be more than 2 or 2.5 lacs according to me. then both jeeps would be worth the money.

Last edited by speedy : 5th September 2007 at 19:38. Reason: missing information
Old 5th September 2007, 22:16   #92
BHPian

Speedy ,

I think you got it just right , basis the the type of cars I buy the prices of UNRESTORED jeeps :

25,000 to 50,000 for low bonnet Willys (with a side valve engine ). I know of a Willys low bonnet jeep with air scoop on the bonnet which accomodates an OHV engine.

30,000 to 70,000 for a Ford

A jeep winch was sold for Rs 1000 yesterday,

Here is something I was asked Rs 5,00,000 for, in Lucknow :
(A Ford GPA in the photographed condition )

Old 5th September 2007, 22:27   #93
BHPian

The 2nd photograph is a net download for what a restored vehicle would look like
Old 5th September 2007, 23:03   #94
Senior - BHPian

wow this ford GPA is very rare have seen it in L.A. when i chanced apon a vintage car show. man the price the person is asking for is not worth the car in this condition at all. i would not mind paying 1 or 1.5 for the car.
vintageman i dont pay alot for my cars either. you have to take under consideration the restoration costs as well. i am sure you must have already given the person a reasonable offer for the ford GPA.
Old 5th September 2007, 23:06   #95
BHPian

vintageman if there are any ford for sale for below 30K-70K let me know i would come there within a week and pick it up...
even if its a Diesel engine...
Old 5th September 2007, 23:33   #96
BHPian

Speedy ,

The prices I have quoted are for unrestored vehicles , the restoration cost for a jeep should be about 50,000 to 1,00,000 as such , the cost of a restored vehicle works out between a lakh to a lakh and a half.
Old 5th September 2007, 23:38   #97
BHPian

there used to be a coupleof these "seeps" in delhi too, one used to be parked outside kotla mubarakpur along with a mercedes fintail wagon and a fiat 124coupe....and there used to be an auto union "munga" and a halflinger under the defence colony flyover.....all till the mid nineties
Old 6th September 2007, 01:16   #98
BHPian

Hey vintage, i heard in a city called 'Dhaba walli' there is a jeep market and they sell the rebuilt 'paint,widetires,engine etc' for 1.75 lakh. what do you think of those jeeps? they are willies
ClubRPM Bikes and Cars Forum: OPEN JEEP, DESI STYLE
Old 6th September 2007, 01:20   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
Speedy ,

The prices I have quoted are for unrestored vehicles , the restoration cost for a jeep should be about 50,000 to 1,00,000 as such , the cost of a restored vehicle works out between a lakh to a lakh and a half.
yes vintageman i understand you completely. it works the same way with me. the prices i have mentioned for both the jeeps is the maximum one could pay for them in a restored condition. takeing into consideration the high labour cost that we have to pay. for the cars it would go higher depending on the type of restoration you go in for and the intricasies involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
there used to be a coupleof these "seeps" in delhi too, one used to be parked outside kotla mubarakpur along with a mercedes fintail wagon and a fiat 124coupe....and there used to be an auto union "munga" and a halflinger under the defence colony flyover.....all till the mid nineties
awini have'nt seen them around not with the collectors/restorers i know. they all have just seemed to have dissapeared. wow i would love to see a mercedes fintail wagon have not had luck seeing that either. there are two halflingers with a person i know and am sure you know him too. one more halflinger is at vasant vihar stands outside on the road. ishan has posted a picture of it too in the cars wanted thread of scooby uncle.
Old 6th September 2007, 10:08   #100
BHPian

This looks like the same GPA that was part of the same lot having the Jag 1.5 that you now own and the Desoto?

I remember seeing these vehicles in Lucknow about 3 - 4 years back. GPA was in a real bad shape. If i correctly remember there was a junk bull dozer of some vintage lying in the same compound?
Old 6th September 2007, 10:47   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhan_kidwai View Post
This looks like the same GPA that was part of the same lot having the Jag 1.5 that you now own and the Desoto?

I remember seeing these vehicles in Lucknow about 3 - 4 years back. GPA was in a real bad shape. If i correctly remember there was a junk bull dozer of some vintage lying in the same compound?
You got it right Farhan , but you must have been there prior to 2001 , that is when I took the Jaguar.

Attached photos of the compound - with plants , trees and creepers covering the entire place . I had the GPA & Bulldozer uncovered to take these photographs in 2001
Old 6th September 2007, 10:50   #102
BHPian

The photos:

Old 6th September 2007, 11:21   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermann View Post
Hey vintage, i heard in a city called 'Dhaba walli' there is a jeep market and they sell the rebuilt 'paint,widetires,engine etc' for 1.75 lakh. what do you think of those jeeps? they are willies
ClubRPM Bikes and Cars Forum: OPEN JEEP, DESI STYLE
Hello Rogermann , I expect if the vehicles are being manufactured now they are locally made replicas - sort of Filipino Jeepney . The Willys jeep which is collectible must have a side valve engine , the other body parts can still be got after a dilligent search. I expect the locally made vehicles have a OHV engine which has been lowered with the fabricated chassis crossmember & engine mounting - to house the low bonnet.

The difference between a replica and a original is the difference between actual & artificial. Fitting wide tyres to a original Willys can be done and may have been done , but it is equivalent to BLASPHEMY. The Jeep was a go anywhere vehicle , I have not seen the replicas , having restricted myself to UP , but I expect they are just there for the cosmetic appearance and would get blown away by the real thing.

The vehicle you drive must be your choice , above is just my take on the issue.
Old 6th September 2007, 11:28   #104
BHPian

one more halflinger is at vasant vihar stands outside on the road. ishan has posted a picture of it too in the cars wanted thread of scooby uncle.[/quote]
the fintail wagon was golden, last i saw, it was in a sad shape standing in a south ex alley, the green 124 coupe was cut down into a convertible, and was last seen in the ndmc impound with the 115/116 coupe.the rest must have been scrapped.
.i know dt has two haflingers,is the vv car ex golf links? there used to be one here with a tibetian fellow who has since moved out,he also had a vw variant fastback and a lovely mark I range rover still with its V8 engine.
Old 6th September 2007, 12:19   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
.i know dt has two haflingers,
Diljeet's sold the Heflinger's Bawa, I already checked. This is the VV one:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks