Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 15:13   #1051
Senior - BHPian

1979 Toyota corona

this 1979 toyota corona is available
It was imported in 1981 from singapore by its first owner a very senior official , and changed hands only a few months ago.
run only genuine 30479 kilometers.
everything in working condition including a/c,stereo etc
the guy is asking a ridiculous Rs.150000/-!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-image601.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image603.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image604.jpg  

Old 24th February 2009, 15:51   #1052
Senior - BHPian

The landmaster woody seems to have as they call it in the restoration world gone banana! Although a decent restoration the body seems to have collapsed or developed a sag in the middle and the rebuild has not been accurate (body realignment) reminds of the old matador tempos which would sag in the middle after many yeas as the tubular chasis could not take our overloading! see below

Old 24th February 2009, 16:39   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
The landmaster woody seems to have as they call it in the restoration world gone banana! Although a decent restoration the body seems to have collapsed or developed a sag in the middle and the rebuild has not been accurate (body realignment) reminds of the old matador tempos which would sag in the middle after many yeas as the tubular chasis could not take our overloading! see below
Good observation. This Bannana effect is also commonly seen on Fintail Mercs and 114/115 Mercs. I still like this Landmaster Traveller, good effort. But the details which count are so important!
Old 24th February 2009, 16:48   #1054
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Good observation. This Bannana effect is also commonly seen on Fintail Mercs and 114/115 Mercs. I still like this Landmaster Traveller, good effort. But the details which count are so important!
This observation was also discussed earlier here, courtesy Prabal.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...s-india-2.html
Old 24th February 2009, 17:28   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
This observation was also discussed earlier here, courtesy Prabal.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...s-india-2.html
Wow, 10 months is a long time to remember a bannana. Lemons are a bit easier to remember!!
Old 24th February 2009, 17:44   #1056
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Wow, 10 months is a long time to remember a bannana. Lemons are a bit easier to remember!!
Indeed. Lemons like the Standard 2000 we also recently revived
Old 24th February 2009, 18:30   #1057
Senior - BHPian

i have personally seen this car and it doesnt seem to be having that problem as it appears in the photos
Old 24th February 2009, 18:46   #1058
Senior - BHPian

beetle

a beetle 1300cc of 1975vintage is there in nagercoil. the car is in running condition with no tax arrears asking price is a bit steep
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-vw1300b.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-vw1300c.jpg  

Old 1st March 2009, 16:06   #1059
BHPian

1965 Jawa for Sale

Hope this is the right thread to post this one in.

Came across a 1965 Jawa. Engine completely overhauled, running on standard size pistons, on a sleeved cylinder. Painted in powder blue color and all parts chromed and golden color pin-stripping. Got every essential original part like rear shox, round chainguard, milling hubs, fuel lid, meter, throttle, front and rear original round footrests. Some small cosmetic parts are missing though, namely the levers. As for the papers, taxes are cleared. Need to transfer and get the FC done.

The asking price is 40k, negotiable. (yes, might sound steep but the cosmetic parts are very expensive.) This bike was done up at the same garage that I visit in Bangalore, so I more or less know how much was spent on this bike. The bike has done less than 50 km after it was done up. Runs very smooth, except for a slight noice in the 3rd gear, which according to the mech will easen up after a few km.

Please contact the owner for futher details and negotiations: Jatin at 09886323430 or you can PM or msg me; I'd be happy if I can be of help.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-image027.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image028.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image030.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image031.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image032.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image033.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image034.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image035.jpg  

Old 1st March 2009, 20:28   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Suren181: I had posted those pics in the commercial vehicles forum. Anyways will post it again for you here. Belongs to a friend of mine, who is going to restore it and knowing him he will get every nut and bolt original.

Ka Spot on. Apparently there is one for sale now, asking price 1.5L. Might go to a well known collector in Bangalore.

John: This is no ordinary Vespa. Its a 1954 Piaggio Ape. There are only a handful of them that came to India and I know of 3 surviving ones. The one owned by my friend has been preserved very well over these years. It is a rare one the world over. Im also posting a period picture of one used in races.
BTW, how come you dint tell me,that there's another Type a Ape' is for sale at Banglore...................can you furnish more details???
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:08   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
BTW, how come you dint tell me,that there's another Type a Ape' is for sale at Banglore...................can you furnish more details???
But who is this? Cannot really make out from the ID.
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:26   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
But who is this? Cannot really make out from the ID.

Could it be Mr. MKK of Chitra Auto? Thanks to him, I had fabulous Mysore Pak once.

And regarding the Jawa, Tuffryder, she looks very nice (I think this colour, or a shade close to it, also used to be originally sold) but is there something the matter with the front fork alignment or is it the camera angle? Thought I'll take a chance once more, since Karl and Harit have already declared me bananas at the top of this page, I'd like to go twisting this time!

Last edited by Prabal : 2nd March 2009 at 17:32. Reason: Added second post
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:59   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Could it be Mr. MKK of Chitra Auto? Thanks to him, I had fabulous Mysore Pak once.

And regarding the Jawa, Tuffryder, she looks very nice (I think this colour, or a shade close to it, also used to be originally sold) but is there something the matter with the front fork alignment or is it the camera angle? Thought I'll take a chance once more, since Karl and Harit have already declared me bananas at the top of this page, I'd like to go twisting this time!
Dear Mr. Prabal,

Since I do not know you personally, never having had the opportunity to meet, I will not call you a banana or declare you bananas. That would be taking liberties. Jokes and poking fun at someone I know makes it more pleasurable and acceptable. See, I started in safe mode.
And your observation on the Jawa. Yes, ofcourse the headlight and fork are misaligned(bananas)

Cheers
Harit
Old 2nd March 2009, 18:21   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post

Oh I just seen the location, yeah probably it is him. Very nice person.

About the Jawa, it is belongs to a friend. When I asked him about the color, he too said that some jawa's did come in this color. Ive personally not seen any. Hahaha the banana effect again eh? No the fork alignment is perfect. Ive ridden the bike. Its just that the number plate is slight tilted and the fender not alligned properly. Kinda very difficult to line up all the parts together because this is such a bilaterally symmetric motorcycle. When I start restoring my 62 jawa, this is going to be one of my first priorities.
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:00   #1065
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oh I just seen the location, yeah probably it is him. Very nice person.

About the Jawa, it is belongs to a friend. When I asked him about the color, he too said that some jawa's did come in this color. Ive personally not seen any. Hahaha the banana effect again eh? No the fork alignment is perfect. Ive ridden the bike. Its just that the number plate is slight tilted and the fender not alligned properly. Kinda very difficult to line up all the parts together because this is such a bilaterally symmetric motorcycle. When I start restoring my 62 jawa, this is going to be one of my first priorities.
Jawas never came in any shade of blue. The company was very, very conservative as regards colour shades (Ideal Jawa Ltd, Mysore). Colour choices were few much like the Model T Ford.The original Jawas came in the black and maroon shades, with a grey shade being added during 1967 or so. A dark bottle green shade was too added but I am not sure when this came in the 1960's-maybe around 1967-68.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks