Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:17   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
This picture has been developed from negatives which I recently got. The car appears to be a fastback Caddilac?
I have reason to believe that the people in the photo are from the film world. Any comments?

Cheers harit
Looks like Balraj Sahani and Premnath with Bina Rai. A Fast back Cadillac! WOW what happened to all these cars?

Last edited by the mole : 2nd March 2010 at 21:25.
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:29   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Looks like Balraj Sahani and Premnath with Bina Rai. A Fast back Cadillac! WOW what happened to all these cars?
More like Prithviraj Kapoor with Bina Rai/Geeta Bali and Premnath it is. Looks more like Bina Rai, though. The Caddy fastback...WOW!!
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:41   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
More like Prithviraj Kapoor with Bina Rai/Geeta Bali and Premnath it is. Looks more like Bina Rai, though. The Caddy fastback...WOW!!
Hey bhp-ians,

Please try to identify these persons positively, I will put up more tomorrow. Stars always had the cars. What say?

Cheers harit
Old 3rd March 2010, 00:51   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey bhp-ians,

Please try to identify these persons positively, I will put up more tomorrow. Stars always had the cars. What say?

Cheers harit
Depending on what era this pic was taken from (definitely from late forties onwards) the Premnath look alike could be Prithviraj Kapoor (though im sure its Premnath, as Prithviraj was very broad built. But one has to see "Sikandar" to see how much he looks in many frames like Shammi Kapoor and Premnath in the others)
On close inspection the guy who looked like Prithviraj and Balraj Sahni (no way) is in all probability Nasir Hussain. I can put a small wager on that one

The lady seems to elude us as the facial pic is slightly distorted. I would now say she is Nirupa Roy or Nalini Jayawant..... and the car behind is just mind blowing. Id love to know where it is today,

Last edited by V-16 : 3rd March 2010 at 00:52.
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:33   #1025
Senior - BHPian

Another filmy picture. Car is a 1954 Dodge convertible. Not traceable today, the number is not on any known list. But who are these people?
V16, Mole et al, please comment.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-op-dodge-convert-1.jpg  

harit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:37   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Drive safely. This suggestion became applicable as soon as motoring started. Luckily Chevy Fleetmasters were strong cars. This particular car had a MDN registration.

Drive safely!!

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-op-accident-1.jpg  

Old 3rd March 2010, 14:45   #1027
Distinguished - BHPian

Those are neat pictures. The cabrio would probably be a Plymouth, not Dodge. Correct?
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:54   #1028
Team-BHP Support

Awesome pictures as always harit.
The neon coloured watermarks add their special touch too

Quote:
...It involved a 1948 Ford and a Morris in an accident....
Unique picture!

Notice how both windshields are shattered, almost certainly due to an impact from the passenger's/driver's heads...

Seatbelts!

cya
R
Old 4th March 2010, 11:51   #1029
Senior - BHPian

This is a 1947 DeSoto with an interesting car on the left. I have an idea, but I am not 100% sure of what it is. And who is this lady? She must be a celebrity, filmstar? Let us have feedback. More to follow. There are other cars in the background too.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-op-desoto.jpg  

Old 4th March 2010, 12:26   #1030
BHPian

Excellent collection of pictures Harit. Its impressive to see how people used cars those days mostly without comforts like a/c and power steering.
I saw a quaint picture yesterday evening too at the Heera Panna junction, Haji Ali. One green MTJ chugging along in the crowd of low lying cars
Old 4th March 2010, 15:21   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Excellent collection of pictures Harit. Its impressive to see how people used cars those days mostly without comforts like a/c and power steering.
I saw a quaint picture yesterday evening too at the Heera Panna junction, Haji Ali. One green MTJ chugging along in the crowd of low lying cars
Well, for those not in the know, MTJ is my green Amby 1975. From Haji Ali I went to the Taj for dinner, gave the car to the valet in the lobby. They all know me for the car and respect given to them, not for tips or regular visits. And this green stands out loud, also the engine is loud. We joked about the strength of the Amby, if I were to ram the new retractable safety buffers which they have installed, which would get more damaged. Well the modern cars with plastic bumpers for sure.
At every place where I give this car to a valet, they talk to me.

Cheers harit
Old 4th March 2010, 16:07   #1032
Senior - BHPian

That lady could be actress Leela Chitnis, not sure though,Car on the left looks Jag like or something European.
Old 4th March 2010, 17:16   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
That lady could be actress Leela Chitnis, not sure though,Car on the left looks Jag like or something European.
That is not a Jag.

Its a very interesting car I am not able to ID it.

Harit....please share your opinions on its identitly.
Old 4th March 2010, 18:17   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Here is another picture of the Chevy Fleetmaster which had met with an accident. See how the bonnet split, a single piece made from prewar dies when the bonnet opened sideways.
I wonder if it had seatbelts at that time as the glasses are not broken. This was a massive inpact, chassis was bent.
Drive safe, even vintage cars. In the olden days the restoration was not so good, many cars would overheat and stall at events. If one sees pictures of vintage car rallies held in the old days, they often kept the competition number plate over the radiator, ideal for keeping the engine cool.
But now that things have improved and cars run over longer distances, do drive safe.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-op-chevy-1.jpg  

Old 4th March 2010, 19:02   #1035
Senior - BHPian

Poor Zodiac/Zephyr.

Not sure if this is in India.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-op-accident-2.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com