Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2023, 13:25   #5116
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

After much deliberation finally booked the Baleno AGS at Nexa Bimal ORR - BLR.

Make: Maruti Suzuki
Model: Baleno AGS
Variant: Alpha
Color: Grandeur Grey
Booking Date: 23 February 2023
Delivery date: 9 March 2023
OTR Cost: Rs 11.84 Approximately
Discounts: Trying to eke out free accessories and rebates on Insurance, let's see

Reason:
1) With wife using the Celerio full time for work and errands, we needed a car 2 for my use for the time being and eventually replace the Celerio.
2) Really liked this mature version of the Baleno plus I didn't want to stretch for a big car with EMI.
Old 2nd March 2023, 15:09   #5117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post

Variant: Alpha
Color: Grandeur Grey
Booking Date: 23 February 2023
Delivery date: 9 March 2023
Discounts: Trying to eke out free accessories and rebates on Insurance, let's see

Reason:
1) With wife using the Celerio full time for work and errands, we needed a car 2 for my use for the time being and eventually replace the Celerio.
2) Really liked this mature version of the Baleno plus I didn't want to stretch for a big car with EMI.
Congratulations and wish you many more happy miles
May I know the current wait time quoted by the dealer ?
chandras1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 15:19   #5118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post

Congratulations.

Wow! Almost 12L OTR for a hatchback. Alto AGS retailing for 6L+! Car prices in the country are moving higher at a blistering pace. Won't be long before there won't be any car available in the 0-5L bracket.
Old 2nd March 2023, 15:28   #5119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
May I know the current wait time quoted by the dealer ?
They say 4 - 6 weeks if there are no vehicles in transit. If they have vehicles in transit that also match with your selection of model/variant, they are delivering within 2 weeks. I checked the same at Mandovi as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Won't be long before there won't be any car available in the 0-5L bracket.
Total agree !! I walked away from most other showrooms thinking exactly this. That's one of the reason why I didn't opt for a Creta/Seltos/City. Baleno felt the most value for money for what it offers, hence the choice.
no_boundaries is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 00:26   #5120
BHPian

• Make: Mahindra
  • Model: XUV700
  • Variant: AX7 Manual
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Booking Date: Friday 3 March 2023
  • Color: White
  • Expected Delivery Date: April 2023
  • Dealer & City: Sona Wheels, Siliguri
  • Freebies: None yet
  • Others: Didn't even ask

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-xuv700everestwhite.jpeg.jpg

We had made a booking for the Toyota Hyryder a month ago but ended up cancelling it because it seemed like we were paying too much of a premium for the hybrid tech, and the look and feel didn't seem to be worth the asking price. I was particularly disappointed by the lack of headroom in the rear seat.

The other reason for shifting loyalties was that we realised that we could have the 5-seater version of the 2023 petrol automatic Hector Sharp Pro variant (without ADAS) for about the same price as the Hyryder, and it seemed like a significant upgrade at the time.

Since then, we've been trying all manner of Hector vehicles at the showroom to make up our mind, but were having trouble deciding. I think the 2023 Hector looks gaudy and overdone and though we wanted the 7-seater, I was unhappy with the ugly upholstery in the new model and the cramped third row.

We then considered purchasing the previous Hector Plus 7-seater, but it was missing some crucial features of the current generation because it wasn't available in the topmost tier. The previous 5-seater also suffered from the same ugly two-tone upholstery as the current 7-seater.

In the end, we had made up our mind to book the previous generation Hector 5-seater diesel manual with all black interior upholstery, having made peace with the fact that we could do without the third row and the additional features of the 2023 avatar (given that we were getting a sharp discount for the clearance model).

Yesterday, we called the salesman to pay an advance of ₹6 lac towards the purchase of the vehicle, and were trying to bring him down from ₹20 to ₹19.5 lac, but he would not budge—understandably, I guess.

That made me think that when I was ultimately purchasing a previous-gen manual vehicle anyway, and was even willing to switch to a BS5 diesel engine to save on cost, I might as well consider the one vehicle I'd ruled out early on because its top model was significantly outside my budget: the Mahindra XUV700.

We decided to test drive the AX7 petrol manual variant today and, in comparison to the Hector diesel manual, it was in a different league altogether. Be it the fantastic powered seats with very useful memory and welcome functions or the extraordinarily powerful petrol engine on offer, it seemed crazy that we could have this far superior vehicle for only about ₹2 lac more!

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-xuv700infotainmentsystem28.jpeg.jpg

From the Mercedes-like infotainment screen to the sophisticated feel of the overall cockpit, from the comforting heft of the steering wheel to the utility of the boss lever on the back of the passenger seat, from the rock solid build quality to the clearly superior suspension system, and the unrelenting, class leading power and drivability of the supremely refined petrol engine—this vehicle genuinely seemed to us to be a tour de force of automotive engineering.

Mahindra truly is at the top of its game here!

We made the booking today and I'm extremely relieved at having dodged the Hector bullet. Thank you, Team-BHP, for having helped me make the right choice—as you did with the Hyundai Fluidic Verna diesel we purchased 10 years ago and my current Ford Ecosport 1.5 automatic in 2017.
aryayush is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 07:16   #5121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
  • Make: Mahindra
  • Model: XUV700
  • Variant: AX7 Manual
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Booking Date: Friday 3 March 2023
  • Color: White
  • Expected Delivery Date: April 2023
  • Dealer & City: Sona Wheels, Siliguri
  • Freebies: None yet
  • Others: Didn't even ask
Hearty Congratulations! By the way how come you are getting the car in a month. Is it readily available?
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 08:54   #5122
BHPian

Make: Tata
Model: Harrier
Variant: XZA+(O) Black Dark
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: 17th Feb
Color: Black
Expected Delivery Date: Was around 10 March 2023, Now delayed to Last week March
Dealer & City: Sagar Motors, Noids
Freebies: None
Others: Standard insurance discount

My current Civic will complete it's 15 years in First week April hence the rush.

While I was initially told that the car will be delivered by 6-10 March, I got to know recently that the ADAS versions haven't started allocations yet.

Since I am on a deadline, Will also be booking the Hyundai Tuscon Signature 2WD Diesel on Monday. One of the Hyundai dealers here told me they had one coming this month somewhere by 20 March so just waiting for the confirmation regarding the delivery timeline. Loved it's TD though.

The whole reason I got so delayed in booking initially was because I was into the entry level Germans which I already cancelled the bookings for.

Family already has an XUV700 AX7 L so that was not considered and anyways has a long waiting time.

To add to my confusion I have also booked a TD of Kia Carnival today as one dealer had a Black Limousine model coming this month.

Still very confused as to which car I'll finally pick up and which out of the above 3 should I consider as the final and trusted brand.
Abhinav6683 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 15:48   #5123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hearty Congratulations! By the way how come you are getting the car in a month. Is it readily available?
No, these are the perks of having a decent social network in a small city. We know the owners of the showroom personally.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 00:53   #5124

Quote:
No, these are the perks of having a decent social network in a small city. We know the owners of the showroom personally.
With where things are with the waiting period , that is hardly a perk my friend. That is VVIP stuff

Congratulations on your booking.
Your waiting period is apparently just a dream for the common man
_DON_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 09:25   #5125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
Not super helpful, but here's how it worked for me. We had booked Kia Carens Diesel Auto on March 30th 2022 and got delivery on December 30th 2022. Mainly because I insisted on the original blue color I booked. They had offered white and black but I held firm. It also helped that I didn't really "need" the car or have an urgency.

So there you go, the record for the longest waited Carens is probably me. A whole 9 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbksc View Post
I booked Kia Carens Smartstream G1.4T-GDI 6MT Luxury 7 Sparkling Silver on August 20, 2022. Delivery in 18-19 weeks was indicated by Kia. Dealer was Lohia Noida Sec 63.

But now, it is almost 30 weeks yet neither the car has been delivered nor any information from Kia has come about delivery date. I have been sending WA msgs/emails, visiting dealer showroom, sending DM on twitter to Kia but no info on delivery is forthcoming.

I am in a fix. Wanted to know if others have also faced similar issues with Kia and wrt Carens delivery?
Finally, got the Carens last Friday. Phew!!

What irked me was that till the time the car was not delivered and I was chasing Kia on Twitter,email,etc., I used to get non committal reply from everywhere as if everyone (dealer included) was in dark about the probable period of delivery. But, once the car arrived, the NCR HO started calling me frequently to write that the car had been received. It seems they wanted to close my earlier queries. This is customer rankling service.

Anyways, putting all of that behind me now that I have the car, here are my first impressions about the car.

Pros:

# driver seat is comfortable
#Spacious cabin
# feature rich( yet to use 50% of those as still understanding the car)
# Kia connect is useful

Perceived areas of improvement:

# on changing to 2nd gear, vehicle gear transmission system does not roll over smoothly, one has to press the accelerator slightly more while gently releasing the clutch
# front passenger seat feels low, could have been provided with adjustable height setting similar to driver seat
( above two observations could also stem from my experience of driving XUV 500 diesel for past 10 years)
* 17 inch wheels could have made the vehicle look sturdier
* front grille could be modelled on Seltos( very personal choice) to make the car look infinitely better /head and shoulder above the competition

As the vehicle has run only 300 kms in last 8 days, so it is very early days to comment objectively.

Driving is smooth and my family and I are loving the car.
Old 16th March 2023, 11:09   #5126

Adding another CSUV to the family

Since we already had a Seltos, and Creta(Previous Gen), we decided to go ahead with MG Astor this time

Having test driven the Turbo Variants of both Creta and Astor, my SIL decided to go ahead with the Astor basis her preferences on
1. Interiors (Flashy Red)
2. Looks subtle yet modern
3. Good Performance
4. ADAS tech

Make: MG
Model: Astor
Variant: Savy Turbo Red
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: 13th Mar
Color: Silver
Expected Delivery Date: Within March
Others: 1.5 Lakhs Discount if we are taking delivery within March
Old 21st March 2023, 23:20   #5127

Hello fellow BHPians, after many test drives and skimming through many brands and models for the past 10 months I have finally booked the XUV300 TGDI W8(O) vairant in Pearl White colour on 27/01/2023. Although I am here in Chhattisgarh(Korba), I have made the booking from Prayagraj(UP) for the sole reason of BH series registration(Working in a PSU I wanted the peace of moving in my vehicle from one state to another when my work demands) and also the fact that the response of the sales manager(From Korba) when I enquired about the BH series here in Chhattisgarh was "Sir, we do not have it here you can buy from where they are offering" *the actual tone and attitude of the sales manager wasn't good AT ALL* that said, now I have the following concerns regarding the vehicle delivery.

1. I have made the booking through the Mahindra Online portal(After a lot of discussion with the SA about the difference/benefits of booking offline) for the sole reason of being able to track the movement of the vehicle from production line to the dealer(HOW I WAS TERRIBLY WRONG) so I can plan for the delivery of the vehicle in time, other than "Order confirmed" indication on the website I did not even receive any confirmation mail/sms let alone tracking, for the booking that I have made (Although I have got the OTF from the website), which I reluctantly shared with the SA.

2. I have not received any tentative date of delivery on the day of booking and calling up mahindra customer service was of NO USE, they have that predetermined response "Sir, you must contact your dealer for that" the sole reason I booked online was to eliminate the need to contact(read Bother) the dealer SO OFTEN.

3. After a lot of calls (Around 30-35 spread over a month time) I finally found from one executive that I need to mail the booking@mahindra for a solid tentative date. I did, they looped in customer service, they then forwarded the mail to the Sales GM of the dealer that I had booked from at least this time I got the date (18.05.2023, which was WAYYYY OFF the two-four weeks time that the SA that I had contacted prior to booking had assured me to be the maximum delivery time).

Now starts my actual confusion, after the booking I have found from many dealers (OD, UP, AP, TG, MH, KA, WB and BR states) that there is NO STOCK of the said model anywhere(would at least take two months after the booking) but last week I got to know there is one in Bangalore in Black DT color(Someone previously had changed their mind about the color and cancelled their booking). My question to the fellow BHPians, what should I do at this point since I need the vehicle ASAP(contacting the dealer from UP, his words of "another week or 10 days it will be here sir" isn't really confidence inspiring given that was what I have been hearing from the day of booking) given the climate that we have here right now(read HEAVY UNSEASONAL and INCONSISTENT RAINS).

Following are the problems that I have in mind about the Black DT model from Bangalore

a. The color is not of my choice(I am willing to compromise since Black doesn't look bad AT ALL)
b. The model and location is stretching my budget by another 45K (Add the cost of the DT model 15K+the cost to travel from here to Bangalore and from there to here another 25-30K and the risk of driving 29Hours on Highway)
c. The dealer ensures me that its a 2023 BS6 St2 model and he is ready to send me an Email confirmation, But is denying to share the VIN and reluctant to let me do the PDI.

I need the vehicle ASAP but not at the cost of being stuck with a dud vehicle. Is it worth waiting for the vehicle that I had booked or is it worth to take the risk of trusting the dealer, any little help and suggestion would be appreciated a LOT since this is my first "new" vehicle and I have NO CLUE on what and how to decide.
SrkHari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 12:57   #5128
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Quoting myself. Switched to XL6 Zeta 6AT in Dec 2022. Car indent raised on 2nd feb to MSIL by dealer. Meanwhile ex showroom price have shot up by another 12 K to 12.90 Lakh Ex-showroom.

As Usual, no ETA on delivery.
Finally, took delivery of above yesterday on first day of auspicious Navratri's.

Ex-showroom - 1290941
TCS - 12910
Insurance - 36993 ( Maruti insurance with Iffco tokio)
Fast tag - 300
Number plate - 500
NEXA loyalty card - 850 re
Extended warranty - 24013
Accessories - 19419
Registration (RTO) - 58998

Total - INR 1444924

Nothing was pushed by dealer. they initially offered me Sompo insurance Which i refused. Finally went with iffco tokio since it was 4K less and included RTI, RSA, Zero Dep , Engine & gearbox protection.

Freebies - Zero. Not even a Corporate discount.
Old 23rd March 2023, 13:10   #5129
BHPian

Quote:
[list][*]Make: Mahindra[*]Model: XUV700[*]Variant: AX7 Manual[*]Fuel: Petrol[*]Booking Date: Friday 3 March 2023
Please let us know the final onroad price, breakup and expected timelines for delivery.
Any particular reason why you didnt opt for L series?
Old 24th March 2023, 21:15   #5130
BHPian

Make: Mahindra
Model: XUV700
Variant: AX7 Automatic (L was getting bit of a stretch)
Fuel: Diesel
Ex-Showroom Price: 22,31,900
On-Road: 28,77,876
Booking Date: 24th March 2023
Color: Silver
Expected Delivery Date: 8-10 months
Dealer & City: Sireesh Auto Sarjapur Road, Bangalore
Accessories: Yet to plan

Hoping for many memorable miles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com