Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 15:58   #166
J.Ravi

I Returned Black&Decker Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Metro says there is free trial period of 7 days, and if I am not satisfied, I can return it and get back refund/credit voucher/replacement.
Today, I returned the Black&Decker Pressure Washer back to Metro as I was not satisfied with the product. It involved a lot of pressure [both literally and metaphorically] to work with. Added to that, the customer care is lousy. I was asking for a demo at my home, but even after a week, nobody came forward in spite of a lot of phone calls. Email that I had sent to the address mentioned in the warranty card bounced. Very pathetic state of affairs. My Linea is comfortable with the pressure wash from our home borewell pump. I have got Metro credit voucher for equivalent value which will expire in one year.
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-dsc04101.jpg
  (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2011, 20:00   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Ravi,can you elaborate what problems did you face with the product that made you return it ?
Old 27th June 2011, 16:03   #168
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
can you elaborate what problems did you face with the product that made you return it ?
It required elaborate plumbing arrangements, which were neither explained to me at the time of buying nor described in the user manual. For 120 bar pressure, clamps are necessary to ensure that the hose does not get detached due to high pressure. Two people are required to operate it, IMO. Somehow, I am very comfortable with my home borewell pressure wash which I can do it alone. So I returned the unit in lieu of credit note for the same value.

Old 4th September 2011, 00:09   #169
BHPian

guys i just bought a bosche aquatak 100 + for rs 7000 from chawri bazaar delhi. And i am very satisfied. with the right nozzle it cleans the wheel wells , underbody and the engine bay like a dream and in no time. The biggest plus is it uses a fraction of the water, effort and time. the exterior though is better cleaned by the usual way. For attaching the inlet what i did was - there is this plastic nozzle that you get for ten bucks that is used to connect a pipe and a tap when the difference in radius is big. i used this nozzle on both ends of the pipe , put a copper wire rolled into a ring and twisted on the pressure washer end for a tight fit and presto!!! no leaks
Old 5th September 2011, 15:21   #170
BHPian

The problem I have is we are not allowed to wash the car with a hose in our society,Are there pressure washers available where i can like fill up a bucket or two of water and place the inlet pipe of the pressure washer in them, I know it sounds silly but since I wash my car myself such a pump would help as washing the car with buckets of water is very time consuming.Any solution guys?
Old 5th September 2011, 17:05   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
The problem I have is we are not allowed to wash the car with a hose in our society,Are there pressure washers available where i can like fill up a bucket or two of water and place the inlet pipe of the pressure washer in them, I know it sounds silly but since I wash my car myself such a pump would help as washing the car with buckets of water is very time consuming.Any solution guys?
I've had my eye on this for a while:
Nomad 12 Volt Auto Cord Portable Power Cleaner - Buy Direct -Wash, clean, spray, rise or mist all of your gear - clothing, shoes and more at picnics, tailgate parties, soccer games and sports events

But I have no idea how to get one in India.

-
Old 5th September 2011, 19:53   #172
BHPian

this will not clean the car anywhere as thoroughly as a pressure washer. caked mud is washed off easily by a pressure washer. this is just a low pressure arrangement. if what you want is a pressure washer , then go get that, this is not going to work as a substitute
Old 5th September 2011, 23:04   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhasablower

this will not clean the car anywhere as thoroughly as a pressure washer. caked mud is washed off easily by a pressure washer. this is just a low pressure arrangement. if what you want is a pressure washer , then go get that, this is not going to work as a substitute
Yes, you're right but if one doesn't have access to a tap and a hose, what are the options?
Old 5th September 2011, 23:38   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
As per the Bosch dealer, we can use the washer with contained water in a bucket. The bucket should be placed at a level above the machine to generate a flow through a hose to the inlet.
Old 6th September 2011, 12:20   #175
BHPian

what is the pressure in bars that the service center guys use to clean the car.
Old 6th September 2011, 13:35   #176
BHPian

Team,

If anyone is interested in a Pressure Washer then please have a look at this..

Buy RKM Pressure Washer at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Recommended this to a friend of mine who got it from the site for 4K after applying the discount code with home delivery via Blue dart.

The product he claims is very good and the pressure generated is very strong.

Cheers
Old 6th September 2011, 14:11   #177
BHPian

The product KR110, seems that it is not a vehicle cleaner. They have another model KR120,
High Pressure Washer - High-Pressure-Washer KR 110 and High Pressure Washer KR 120 Trader
Old 6th September 2011, 23:06   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Team,

If anyone is interested in a Pressure Washer then please have a look at this..

Buy RKM Pressure Washer at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Recommended this to a friend of mine who got it from the site for 4K after applying the discount code with home delivery via Blue dart.

The product he claims is very good and the pressure generated is very strong.

Cheers
i was getting a black and decker pressure washer for 4800. i didnt take that since it didnt have many attachments, only the basic nozzle. the total price was 4800 +5% tax for the 110bar model. trust me, its important to have different nozzles , particularly the one that turns and can expel water at an angle
mycarhasablower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 12:46   #179
Senior - BHPian

Have any of you seen the municipal health department workers spraying chemicals in the neighbourhood to contain the growth of mosquitoes? Does anyone have an idea how much such a kit costs? Maybe you can strap one to your back and spray-clean the car?

I too don't have access to a running water outlet or even a power outlet. So I am looking for something which will allow me to quickly get dirt off the car in about two minutes so at least I can recognize the original colour of my car. Any mechanical device would be good where you can build up pressure by cranking the device or pumping it, and then spray-clean the car for about a minute. Either with water or with air.
Old 28th October 2011, 01:08   #180
BHPian

DIY pressure washer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pings View Post
1. domestic pump - used for pumping water up from ground level tank to top of building (Crompton Greaves - visit http://www.cglonline.com/cg/avs/home...sp-minimaster/
for more info)

2. T-piece on discharge line ; one side going to overhead tank (can beled back to ground tank also) and other connected with normal cock (connected with threaded nipple to allow hose to be fixed)

3. I connect the hose with two hose bands (also called jubilee clips?) and use a aluminium pipe ( 9mm, crimped at the end with a plier to make the jet) at the discharge end.

4. total cost - well, the pump if i remember correctly, cost me about 2000 and the piping / valves etc would depend on your installation. ( budget for about 3,500 - not accounting for water storage tank, piping to roof etc)

5. yes, the bleed-off amount (and hence discharge pressure required) is controlled by throttling the v/v installed on the line to the tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
I have found the pressure from my RS2500 tullu pump is more than enough to wash a car or jeep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Somehow, I am very comfortable with my home borewell pressure wash which I can do it alone. So I returned the unit in lieu of credit note for the same value.
If you are still using the normal water pumps, why not spice it up with a pressure switch, to cut off the motor and adjust the pressure? Cheap ones are available here for around 10 riyals, as shown in the attached picture and PDF.

You can also add a pressure vessel. Pumps with pressure switch & pressure vessel are available in india. Water booster pumps like these are commonly used in the middle east.

If you dont mind the cost, you can even get a slightly expensive controller!

Depending on the pump, pressure switch/controller, pressure vessel & the plumbing, you could get a very robust & elaborate setup at your home!

Attached Thumbnails
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-pre-switch.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf pr sw spec.pdf (45.3 KB, 2712 views)
Abes is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks